Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
Stand Up Sit Down

SUSD Dan
Ballboy/girl

Mar 14, 2010, 9:41 PM

Post #1 of 12 (2847 views)
Shortcut
Stand Up Sit Down Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hello,

We are StandUpSitDown, a campaign aiming to get safe standing areas at UK football grounds introduced.

This would have many benefits, both for those who like to sit and for those who would prefer to stand. (http://www.susd.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?ti...)

We are currently looking for more members to join our forum and back the campaign. We have just started a Facebook group to show the authorities how many people care about these issues. (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=285656877688&ref=...) If you are interested in the campaign then please join the facebook group.

If you are particularly interested and want to do more to help the campaign, please join us on our forum (http://www.susd.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/category-view.asp?showall...). Aside from being useful for the campaign, the forum is also a place to hear other supporters views on fan culture and football in general, as well as generally fighting for fans' rights. The forum is also supported and co-ordinated by the FSF.

Thank You,

SUSD

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 20, 2010, 1:12 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #2 of 12 (2750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SUSD Dan] Stand Up Sit Down [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If I'm not watching Stour I'd rather sit down to be honest.

Last new ground (848): Giant Axe - Lancaster v Stourbridge 23/11/19
Last game: as above
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Czech Republic, Bulgaria

garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 23, 2010, 5:00 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #3 of 12 (2656 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SUSD Dan] Stand Up Sit Down [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

sounds good, like standing at football

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

Richard Rundle

Mar 24, 2010, 11:49 AM

Post #4 of 12 (2617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] Stand Up Sit Down [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
sounds good, like standing at football

You still can at the vast majority of grounds.

--
Richard

Over the top
First Team Sub

Mar 24, 2010, 12:09 PM

Post #5 of 12 (2614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Stand Up Sit Down [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Probably the wrong forum to be posting on for this topic!
That and its flogging a dead horse. No club in the top two divisons are going to rip out seats, and reconfigure the rake of a stand, and the authorities aren't going to allow it.
As for my preference? As my mood takes me and the view available

acmold

Mar 24, 2010, 4:42 PM

Post #6 of 12 (2588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Over the top] Stand Up Sit Down [In reply to] Can't Post or

I tend to stand, only because I'm well over six foot tall, and despite the great strides forward in stadium design in recent years I still find most new grounds and "Arena" type stands still do not cater for the tall person - like most other things in this country.

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 12, 2010, 3:45 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #7 of 12 (2451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Stand Up Sit Down [In reply to] Can't Post or

I'm 6ft exactly but hate seating as it is a pain, your always on the edge of your seat at exciting games and often leg room is terrible, I've got pretty big feet as well, size 12 so even if there is leg room my feet are always kicking the seat infront!

I stood at Rochdale just after Christmas and loved it, standing in a cramped terrace, nothing better! Also seeing an FA Vase Semi Final, in a packed terrace and when a goal gets scored in the 124th minute was extraordinary you can't jump about in a seated like you can on a terrace!

villahopper
First Team Star

Apr 12, 2010, 4:43 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #8 of 12 (2442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Stand Up Sit Down [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm 6ft exactly but hate seating as it is a pain, your always on the edge of your seat at exciting games and often leg room is terrible, I've got pretty big feet as well, size 12 so even if there is leg room my feet are always kicking the seat infront!

I stood at Rochdale just after Christmas and loved it, standing in a cramped terrace, nothing better! Also seeing an FA Vase Semi Final, in a packed terrace and when a goal gets scored in the 124th minute was extraordinary you can't jump about in a seated like you can on a terrace!

I was at the FA Cup Semi on Saturday and stood up the whole game. And so did everyone around us. And it was fantastic

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Apr 12, 2010, 10:07 PM

Team(s): non-league football

Post #9 of 12 (2412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] Stand Up Sit Down [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

what; were the Villa fans queueing to get out that early; still you can concentrate on the League now, perhaps 7th.......Cool

villahopper
First Team Star

Apr 12, 2010, 10:48 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #10 of 12 (2400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] Stand Up Sit Down [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rather be 7th than scraping against relegation
Come back when Wolves get to Wembley Wink

sandhurstbee

Apr 23, 2010, 1:10 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #11 of 12 (2217 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] Stand Up Sit Down [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I like to be near the Halfway line, as I get older I am more inclined to sit rather than stand.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 20, 2010, 6:44 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #12 of 12 (1740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Over the top] Stand Up Sit Down [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
No club in the top two divisons are going to rip out seats, and reconfigure the rake of a stand, and the authorities aren't going to allow it.

I disagee. I think there would be clubs in the top 2 divisions who would rip out seats and take the increase in capacity (and revenue) that standing could bring. In Germany, it seems commonplace to have removable seats.... Providing the standing capacity is sensible and adhered to, standing areas are logically safer than seating ones.

I don't like all-seater stadia. I usually stand and some stewards can be particularly officious in ensuring I am not allowed to. Personally, I think grounds should generally offer both options, in sensible numbers according to the expected crowds.

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (968) Dusseldorfer Strasse DSV 1900 1-4 DJK Blau Weiss Mintard
With FC United: 136
On the agenda:
4/12 Hamburg II v Luneburg Hansa
7/12 Fc United v Matlock Town

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3