Best Non Pyramid League in London?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 32 Next page Last page  View All

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 12, 2010, 11:34 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #101 of 782 (37964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HughesVideo] LFA Sunday Challenge Cup Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It was certainly a game I could happily watch again on dvd.

Some interesting questions that you were able to ask and the lack of seeding does seem bizzare to say the least, for example whilst New Salamis won the Challenge Cup we had Tripimeni Aris from the same league in the final of the Intermediate Cup. It would be like Premiership clubs being allowed to decide whether to enter the CL or take the potentially easier option of the EL and I thought Redbridge was a strange venue for the Int Cup final.

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 13, 2010, 8:20 AM

Team(s): Edmonton Rovers (Sunday League) ...and whoever I film for !

Post #102 of 782 (37948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] LFA Sunday Challenge Cup Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The LFA official I spoke to admitted that Redbridge/Barkingside 'wasn't the best of grounds', but then he said 'for Sunday League players it is like playing at Wembley' ! Shocked Obviously he didn't realise that the teams who invariably reach LFA Sunday Challenge & Intermediate Cup Finals year after year are full of current or former Step 2-4 players who have played there frequently in League matches for their Saturday clubs.
If we had got through to the LFA Sunday Intermediate Cup Final this year, we would have been well annoyed having to play at such a poor venue.

http://www.hughesvideoservices.co.uk
http://www.edmontonrovers.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/hughesvideo

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 13, 2010, 9:20 PM

Post #103 of 782 (37894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HughesVideo] LFA Sunday Challenge Cup Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The lack of seeding is utterly bizarre. How can the Champions of the KOPA League (Aris) be in the Intermediate cup while a team below them in the same Div are playing in the Challenge Cup?

Also, the lack of the seedings means that the big guns often face each other in round 1. I recall a few years ago Albion Manor (Intermediate cup holders) played Aris (Challenge Cup holders) in round 1! Insane that the two cup holders played each other in the first round and one of them (Aris) had to be eliminated. That would be like Barca playing another big team like Inter Milian in the qualifying round of the Champions League!

Isaac

Apr 14, 2010, 10:15 AM

Post #104 of 782 (37850 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] LFA Sunday Challenge Cup Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The lack of seeding is utterly bizarre. How can the Champions of the KOPA League (Aris) be in the Intermediate cup while a team below them in the same Div are playing in the Challenge Cup?

Also, the lack of the seedings means that the big guns often face each other in round 1. I recall a few years ago Albion Manor (Intermediate cup holders) played Aris (Challenge Cup holders) in round 1! Insane that the two cup holders played each other in the first round and one of them (Aris) had to be eliminated. That would be like Barca playing another big team like Inter Milian in the qualifying round of the Champions League!

Exactly and surely the London FA should make entry compulsory, as it is in many other counties, because any competition is devalued somewhat by clubs opting out. And surely all the top clubs should go into the Challenge Cup?

As for seeding the draw itself I suppose their are arguments both for and against that, for instance Chelsea could well get drawn against Man Utd in the third round of the FA Cup.

darney
Junior Team Star

Apr 15, 2010, 6:20 PM

Post #105 of 782 (37799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] LFA Sunday Challenge Cup Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I would be definitely be interested in purchasing a copy of that Senior Cup final on DVD if and when it becomes available so please let me know, also are you planning to record this years London Junior cup final or not Hughesie?

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 16, 2010, 3:11 PM

Post #106 of 782 (37766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darney] LFA Sunday Challenge Cup Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I would be definitely be interested in purchasing a copy of that Senior Cup final on DVD if and when it becomes available so please let me know, also are you planning to record this years London Junior cup final or not Hughesie?

Can't film the Junior Cup Final if it's this coming Sunday (18th April) as Edmonton Rovers (my own team) are playing a Double-Header against Cheshunt Corinthians. Here's the details of that one in case anyone is interested in coming along to watch. Cool
Playing for Cheshunt Corinthians will be a certain Billy Wingrove, so if anyone thinks Sunday League football is a load of fat blokes kicking the cr*p out of each other, think again ! Sly

Here's what happened when we played them in a Cup match earlier this season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Q4VD1OI94

darney
Junior Team Star

Apr 16, 2010, 5:48 PM

Post #107 of 782 (37745 views)
Shortcut

Ok, yes it is this sunday and unfortunately my side has a crucial relegation match that I intend to be playing in so I cannot attend either I just wanted to see how the match went. However, good luck in your double-header as having watched the highlights from your cup game against Cheshunt Corinthians i'm sure you'd be looking to do something a lot better this time out. They like a very useful side indeed. Would be interesting to see how they would fair against the likes or Aris, Eltham Town, Charlton United and New Salamis. Just about New Salamis I see that they convincing beat Baldon Sports (again) in the Challenge cup final so surely they have to be considered the best sunday side around at present despite being second in their own league, they certainly seem to be consistent year after year, anyone disagree/agree? Concerning the final I would stil llike to get a copy of that DVD when you have done all the editing and post production so please let me know when it is ready.

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 16, 2010, 7:10 PM

Post #108 of 782 (37730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darney] LFA Sunday Challenge Cup Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I should have that New Salamis v. Baldon Sports DVD done in about 3-4 weeks time. Very busy filming matches at the moment.

Regarding Cheshunt Corinthians, they beat Enfield Royals 5-0 in their last match and that is some result !
Enfield Royals 'only' lost 5-3 to Charlton United in this season's LFA Sunday Intermediate Cup, and Charlton United only lost 4-3 to Aris in the Semi-Final, so judging by that, I would say Cheshunt Corinthians are more than capable of beating any of the top LFA Sunday sides.
They surprisingly lost 3-0 to Mill End Sports in the Semi-Finals of the Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup a couple of weeks ago, but that was a rare defeat.
Apart from Billy Wingrove, they also have the likes of Neil Thompson (Hitchin Town), Andy Porter (ex-Braintree Town...Conference South), Dean Harding (ex-Arlesey Town) and too many ex-Ware (Ryman League) players to mention.

Isaac

Apr 16, 2010, 8:44 PM

Post #109 of 782 (37715 views)
Shortcut

Am I right in thinking a double header is two games in one, ie 2 x 30mins one game and another 2 x 30mins for the 'return fixture'?

Thanks for the info that looks like it could be a good game on Sunday and I'll try and get along if poss, subject to the wife's approval of course!

Put my name down for one of those DVDs when they're ready please, also the Eltham Town v T Aris Int Final if poss.

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 16, 2010, 9:50 PM

Post #110 of 782 (37702 views)
Shortcut

Yes, that's correct. 2 x 60-minute matches.
In Sunday football (and the AFA Leagues on Saturdays), there's no other way of clearing the fixture backlog after a bad winter really.
Very few clubs have access to floodlit grass pitches in order to play midweek games before the clocks go forward for BST.
Because they have been successful in three Cup competitions this season in reaching Semi-Finals or Finals, Cheshunt Corinthians are currently having to play Double-Headers every Sunday and then midweek matches every Tuesday & Thursday. That might give us a chance of producing a shock result in one of the two 60-minute matches.

Double-Headers don't happen in the Non-League Pyramid on Saturdays (as far as I am aware) because every ground is floodlit. (I stand to be corrected on that by the way Wink).

As for DVD sales, I have been trying to get credit card payments set up on my website for ages, as that will be the easiest way to order copies of various Sunday League/LFA Cup Finals I have filmed over the years. I'll let everyone know when I have sorted that out. Other Non-League cameramen have managed it, but I'm not tech-savvy enough in that respect. Crazy I didn't film Eltham Town v. Tripimeni-Aris by the way. I don't know if any other video company did ?

Isaac

Apr 17, 2010, 9:51 AM

Post #111 of 782 (37662 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Yes, that's correct. 2 x 60-minute matches.
In Sunday football (and the AFA Leagues on Saturdays), there's no other way of clearing the fixture backlog after a bad winter really.
Very few clubs have access to floodlit grass pitches in order to play midweek games before the clocks go forward for BST.
Because they have been successful in three Cup competitions this season in reaching Semi-Finals or Finals, Cheshunt Corinthians are currently having to play Double-Headers every Sunday and then midweek matches every Tuesday & Thursday. That might give us a chance of producing a shock result in one of the two 60-minute matches.

Double-Headers don't happen in the Non-League Pyramid on Saturdays (as far as I am aware) because every ground is floodlit. (I stand to be corrected on that by the way Wink).

As for DVD sales, I have been trying to get credit card payments set up on my website for ages, as that will be the easiest way to order copies of various Sunday League/LFA Cup Finals I have filmed over the years. I'll let everyone know when I have sorted that out. Other Non-League cameramen have managed it, but I'm not tech-savvy enough in that respect. Crazy I didn't film Eltham Town v. Tripimeni-Aris by the way. I don't know if any other video company did ?

Yes I can see that double headers are a useful way of clearing fixture backlogs, the weather should be a bit better tomorrow than it was in that footageCool

I obviously misunderstood your previous posting about the Int Cup Final between Eltham Town & T ArisCrazy.

If Cheshunt Corinthians are that good why are they in Div One and not the Prem of the Waltham Sunday League?

(This post was edited by Isaac on Apr 17, 2010, 9:54 AM)

Isaac

Apr 18, 2010, 11:34 PM

Post #112 of 782 (37508 views)
Shortcut

I was too late for the first game today but got to see most of the second game, I arrived just as Edmonton Rovers were awarded a penalty from which they duly scored to make it 1-1 but then went on to get stuffed 8-1, I gather the first game was a bit closer at 2-1. Cheshunt Corinthians did look good, was Billy Wingrove who you mentioned their number 19? He certainly caught my eye and also scored a great goal!

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 19, 2010, 10:19 AM

Post #113 of 782 (37485 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I was too late for the first game today but got to see most of the second game, I arrived just as Edmonton Rovers were awarded a penalty from which they duly scored to make it 1-1 but then went on to get stuffed 8-1, I gather the first game was a bit closer at 2-1. Cheshunt Corinthians did look good, was Billy Wingrove who you mentioned their number 19? He certainly caught my eye and also scored a great goal!

I had to play the First Half of the first game...at the age of 51 !!!, as we had four players drop out on the morning of the match and another one turn up late.
We also had to field a 40-year-old central defender who had also not played for several years, but our experience and organisation got us through and we probably deserved a draw from the first match.
Cheshunt Corinthians' goals were scored by Michael Deane (Welling United...Conference South) and Andy Porter (ex-Braintree...Conference South) !
Here are their players Appearances & Goalscorers' totals so far this season.

They tried to bring Billy Wingrove on as a sub in the first game, but they had such a big squad turn up on the day that they had already given five names to the Ref and missed him off !
He played the whole of the second game (yes, he was wearing No.19)...along with 8 other top-quality ex-Semi-Pro players who had not played in the first game, and with us only having one fresh player to bring on (after missing the first game because he had to go to Church !), we were always going to get absolutely battered.
Every single one of their players turned up an hour before the kick-off in their designer tracksuits and warmed up properly. We were a shambles...because we are stuck in mid-table with nothing to play for, we had five first-choice players missing, and numerous other squad members have simply lost interest, mainly because of the enforced 9-week break we endured in December & January due to the weather. (They have since found better things to do on a Sunday morning than come along and go sub/club lino/challenge for a place in the side).

Cheshunt Corinthians should finish in the top two this season and get promoted to the Premier Division for next season.
This coming Wednesday night (21st April), they are playing Larsens in the Waltham Sunday League Senior Cup Final at Broxbourne Borough F.C. (7.45.p.m. kick-off), another game that I will be filming.
Should be a cracking match as Larsens squad includes Ansah Owusu (ex-Bristol Rovers), Russell Williamson (ex-Southend United) and numerous current or former Waltham Abbey players (Ryman Premier).
Larsens are only a mid-table side in our Premier Division though, which shows how strong our League is.
If Cheshunt Corinthians are in the Premier Division next season, despite the quality players they have got, they will do well to finish above Enfield Rangers, I.M.L., Lea Valley Royals and Spenny Rangers.

Isaac

Apr 19, 2010, 10:54 AM

Post #114 of 782 (37479 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I had to play the First Half of the first game...at the age of 51 !!!, as we had four players drop out on the morning of the match and another one turn up late.
We also had to field a 40-year-old central defender who had also not played for several years, but our experience and organisation got us through and we probably deserved a draw from the first match.
Cheshunt Corinthians' goals were scored by Michael Deane (Welling United...Conference South) and Andy Porter (ex-Braintree...Conference South) !
Here are their players Appearances & Goalscorers' totals so far this season.

They tried to bring Billy Wingrove on as a sub in the first game, but they had such a big squad turn up on the day that they had already given five names to the Ref and missed him off !
He played the whole of the second game (yes, he was wearing No.19)...along with 8 other top-quality ex-Semi-Pro players who had not played in the first game, and with us only having one fresh player to bring on (after missing the first game because he had to go to Church !), we were always going to get absolutely battered.
Every single one of their players turned up an hour before the kick-off in their designer tracksuits and warmed up properly. We were a shambles...because we are stuck in mid-table with nothing to play for, we had five first-choice players missing, and numerous other squad members have simply lost interest, mainly because of the enforced 9-week break we endured in December & January due to the weather. (They have since found better things to do on a Sunday morning than come along and go sub/club lino/challenge for a place in the side).

Cheshunt Corinthians should finish in the top two this season and get promoted to the Premier Division for next season.
This coming Wednesday night (21st April), they are playing Larsens in the Waltham Sunday League Senior Cup Final at Broxbourne Borough F.C. (7.45.p.m. kick-off), another game that I will be filming.
Should be a cracking match as Larsens squad includes Ansah Owusu (ex-Bristol Rovers), Russell Williamson (ex-Southend United) and numerous current or former Waltham Abbey players (Ryman Premier).
Larsens are only a mid-table side in our Premier Division though, which shows how strong our League is.
If Cheshunt Corinthians are in the Premier Division next season, despite the quality players they have got, they will do well to finish above Enfield Rangers, I.M.L., Lea Valley Royals and Spenny Rangers.

All credit to you for playing, in fairness I can understand your players who have found better things to do on a Sunday, I was exactly the same when I was younger but regret it now but such is life. I suppose playing on a Saturday and Sunday must take its toll on players home lives and their relationships with the WAG's and the lovely weather probably persuaded some players to do other things.

Alas I won't be able to get along to Wednesday's game but it would be nice to see some footage of it.

Actually it did look to me that many of your players had rather given up towards the end as the goals came raining in.

Mishi

Apr 19, 2010, 1:35 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #115 of 782 (37460 views)
Shortcut

51? Pah! You young pup!

Dulwich Hamlet Supporters' lost 3-2 away to Hayes Lane ultras, the Bromley supporters' mob, on Saturday morning. Our oldest player was a sprightly 64! Don't think it was quite the same high standard though! ;-)

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 24, 2010, 3:22 PM

Post #116 of 782 (37388 views)
Shortcut

Well as for the best Sunday team in London, New Salamis are certainly up there. If they're not the best, they're second certainly. After 2 Challenge Cup titles in 3 years, can't argue with their pedigree. I think Baldon Sports have to be up there as well. They've got to THREE consecutive Challenge Cup finals in a row. Again, very consistent. I think it would be unfair to leave out Clapton Rangers. They won the Junior and Intermediate Cups in successive years and missed out on this year's Challenge Cup final after a shocking and bizarre loss to Baldon in the semi. To be honest it should have been New Salamis -v- Clapton Rangers in the final, but Clapton didn't take their chances in the semi.

You might be interested to see Isaac's comments on the three teams on this thread:

http://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=238389;#238389

skydive
Junior Team Sub

Apr 25, 2010, 5:20 PM

Post #117 of 782 (37347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] LFA Sunday Challenge Cup Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Would have to be the Premier Division of the Islington Midweek league.

The top two Islington Admiral + L'Inizio (they change their name each season) are very good teams who would not be out of place at Step 5. Over the last few season various Step 5 sides have put reserve teams in the league and they have only finished mid to bottom of the league.

Each game has 3 officials and the games are played on Tue, Wed and Thursday evenings with games at 6pm and 8pm.

Initially I was sceptical of a mid-week league, but having previously played at Step 5 I found this a very competitive league of a good standard. The league has a few games to run and the top two are due to play soon, link to website below:

http://www.football.mitoo.co.uk/...;LeagueCode=ISMW2009

darney
Junior Team Star

Apr 25, 2010, 7:23 PM

Post #118 of 782 (37334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skydive] LFA Sunday Challenge Cup Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is that an 11 aside league? I have always been a bit sceptical if that is the right word of midweek leagues myself, but i guess there are a lot of decent sides in leagues that don't get as much coverage as other leagues. But of the teams we do know about in the major sunday competitions like the county cups it seems as if teams like New Salamis and Baldons are certainly the strongest and most consistent. However saw Charlton United today pick up the first of what could be THREE cups and they are still on for the league this season, so a QUAD. However my team is playing them in the third of those cup finals and we will be very determined to make sure that they do not get a clean sweep. Will be difficult though as they have scored at least 3 goals in EVERY single match they have played this season, (whether they have won drawn or lost) spanning across 5 different competitions, however we managed to beat them in one cup final last season on penalties and will be looking to emulate that again. They are an incredible side and it will be interesting to see how they fare next season when they enter another league (possibly the stronger Metropolitan league).

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 25, 2010, 11:47 PM

Post #119 of 782 (37319 views)
Shortcut
Waltham Sunday League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Things are now really hotting up in the top two divisions of the Waltham Sunday League as we enter the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season. Here are the current League Tables.

In the Premier Division, Enfield Rangers' run of five League titles in a row could be in jeopardy, as I.M.L. are really giving them a run for their money this season, while Lea Valley Royals also have an outside chance.
Virtually all of I.M.L.'s squad have played at Steps 4-7 on Saturdays for the likes of Ware, Hertford Town and Wormley Rovers, who are currently top of the Herts Senior County League Premier Division. They are a strong experienced side with players who are all comfortable on the ball and can 'ping it about' a bit.

In Division One, it's a really good battle between East Herts, Enfield Royals and Cheshunt Corinthians for the two promotion places. East Herts have been leading the division all season but they lost 2-1 to Cheshunt Corinthians today and also drew 0-0 with them in a recent midweek match.
Enfield Royals (who lost 5-3 to Charlton United in this season's LFA Sunday Intermediate Cup) lost 5-0 to Cheshunt Corinthians a couple of weeks ago, but they are still in the mix. We (Edmonton Rovers) were supposed to be playing them this morning but we had to concede the match after five of our players dropped out with injuries and work & family commitments. Very embarrassing. Blush

In the League Senior Cup Final in midweek, Cheshunt Corinthians beat Larsens 3-0 and it could easily have been 6 or 7 !
Larsens are a decent mid-table Premier Division side who have had a lot of success in League and Essex County F.A. Cup competitions in recent seasons, but Cheshunt Corinthians totally wiped the floor with them and passed them off the pitch. It was one of the most impressive performances I have ever seen from a Sunday League side.
Broxbourne Borough F.C. (where our League Cup Finals are played) has a good playing surface, and Cheshunt Corinthians used it to their advantage. They play a quick short pass and move game with absolutely no 'hoofball' at all.
I filmed the game and will hopefully have some highlights on You Tube of that (and our other three League Cup Finals) sometime in late-May/early June. It depends whether the teams involved are prepared to pay a little extra for the editing time. If not, DVD's of the whole match will be on general sale anyway.
I am pleased to say that we were knocked out by the eventuial winners...something that normally happens to us in LFA Sunday Cup competitions of course. Sly

This coming Wednesday night (28th April) at Broxbourne Borough (7.45.p.m. kick-off), it's the Waltham Sunday League Challenge Cup Final between the all-conquering Enfield Rangers and Division One side Flamstead End.
Edmonton Rovers managed to beat Flamstead End in one match of a Double-Header, but we lost 6-0 in the other ! Flamstead End are a very good young side who will probably finish 4th in Division One this season, and I think they might actually be capable of causing an upset on Wednesday night. Their player to watch out for is forward Danny Swift, who plays for Ware (Ryman Div. One North) on Saturdays.
I recommend this match to any groundhoppers who are interested....and I will be there to film it.

I will also get more highlights of Edmonton Rovers matches up at some stage during the Summer. Three and a half Double-Headers still to be edited !

skydive
Junior Team Sub

Apr 26, 2010, 9:36 AM

Post #120 of 782 (37294 views)
Shortcut

The Islington Midweek league is an 11-a-side league with 3 officials for each game. The Premier league is a decent standard - but my point more is on the top two teams. Islington Admiral and the one who change their name each year... (Last year they won all 4 thropies)

Tornados are a mid-table to bottom side in the Premier league and won the London Junior Cup at the first attempt.

If you are free and Admiral and L'Inizio are play I would recommend catching this match. Most of the players are local boys who have or are play good standard weekend football.

Last season, I managed Tornados taking them to third in the league behind these two teams and we I also had 5 (I think, maybe 6) players represent the London FA at county level (along side Step 4-5 players) playing against Sussex FA, Middlesex FA, Army FA, etc.

Having played in this league and the Sunday Hackney league the Islington Midweek (Premier Division only) is by far the better leaugue - IMO.

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 26, 2010, 3:15 PM

Post #121 of 782 (37273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skydive] LFA Sunday Challenge Cup Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for this input Skydive. Much appreciated. Very interesting point re Tornadoes being in the Premier Div and entering the LFA JUNIOR cup. Goes back to what Hughesvideo, Isaac and I discussed earlier about the oddity of Prem teams just entering whatever LFA Cup they feel like going into. Prem teams should really only go into the Challenge Cup.

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 26, 2010, 6:50 PM

Post #122 of 782 (37251 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Thanks for this input Skydive. Much appreciated. Very interesting point re Tornadoes being in the Premier Div and entering the LFA JUNIOR cup. Goes back to what Hughesvideo, Isaac and I discussed earlier about the oddity of Prem teams just entering whatever LFA Cup they feel like going into. Prem teams should really only go into the Challenge Cup.

Is that the LFA SATURDAY Junior Cup though ?...in which case that would be the correct competition to enter for an Islington Midweek League Premier Division side if they were choosing a Saturday Cup in preference to the Sunday LFA Cup competitions.

We played a team from the Islington Midweek League in the LFA Sunday Junior Cup in the 90's (Old Bristolians), but I don't think they were in the Premier Division. We beat them fairly easily.

If an Islington Midweek League Premier Division team is 'advised' to enter the LFA SUNDAY Junior Cup, maybe the League is being treated as 'inferior' (for want of a better word) by the LFA because all the matches are played on Astroturf (at Market Road) ?
Also, the LFA don't allow their Cup matches to be played on Astroturfs (unless both teams agree ?), so an Islington Midweek League Team then has to find a grass pitch from somewhere.

I filmed an Islington Midweek League Division One (I think) game last season. It was a reasonable standard, but I was more impressed by the playing surface. It didn't look like a 3G Astroturf, but the ball ran true and didn't bounce 'miles' up in the air all the time.

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 26, 2010, 9:25 PM

Post #123 of 782 (37230 views)
Shortcut

HughesVideo, I doubt it was the Saturday cup. Don't teams in the LFA Saturday competitions have to be in official LFA pyramid leagues? (When I say "pyramid" I include leagues below steps 1-7 which are feeders to pyramid leagues) I thought the Sunday Cup was there precisely for non-pyramid teams?

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 26, 2010, 9:44 PM

Post #124 of 782 (37225 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
HughesVideo, I doubt it was the Saturday cup. Don't teams in the LFA Saturday competitions have to be in official LFA pyramid leagues? (When I say "pyramid" I include leagues below steps 1-7 which are feeders to pyramid leagues) I thought the Sunday Cup was there precisely for non-pyramid teams?

Not in the LFA Saturday JUNIOR Cup they don't.
Teams from the Enfield Alliance go in that, and that League certainly doesn't appear to be part of the Pyramid. That League is pure park football and not a particularly great standard, and they don't even have a League website...at least I have never been able to find it ! Wink

Looking at the LFA Saturday Intermediate Cup, that appears to be for Reserve Teams of Step 4-7 clubs and a few from the Essex Business Houses League, so again, not really for Pyramid clubs only ?

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 28, 2010, 4:19 PM

Post #125 of 782 (37176 views)
Shortcut

HughesVideo, do you have more info about that Enfield Alliance League? (despite its lack of a website!) I've been trying to find out about that league for months. How many Divs? Where do teams play? How to enter etc?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 32 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3