Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Aylesbury & District League

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 10, 2010, 3:01 PM

Post #1 of 21 (8865 views)
Shortcut
Aylesbury & District League Can't Post or

Minutes of league meeting of 2/6/10 @ http://www.adl-football.co.uk/ADL-Minutes.php

Matters of interest
Respect Evening. Poorly attended but League to sign up to the campaign. Letter to be sent to all clubs and Secretary to obtain relevant literature.
Aylesbury Wolves withdrawing from the League. 50 fine imposed to be deducted from deposit, County decision on abandoned match not yet made therefore deposit to be held until matter resolved
Mandeville will be continuing in the League but under new management.
Photo ID. League to proceed with this form of registration with effect from season 2011/2012. To be discussed at the Pre season meeting.
Sparta Royals still under suspension. Club has been contacted.
New teams FC Bedgrove and Aylesbury Wanderers. Both applying to join the League.
There was no response to the ten pin bowling competition !.
A.G.M still to be held

Dutchmans
Youth Team Sub

Jun 10, 2010, 10:40 PM

Post #2 of 21 (8783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Does anyone know if Lane end fc are the village in between bourne end and little marlow, have driven past a lane end and was wondering if it was that one or another.

KnowYourMarket

Jun 10, 2010, 10:58 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #3 of 21 (8768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dutchmans] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just west of the M40 between J4 and J5, halfway between Marlow and Stokenchurch.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

Dutchmans
Youth Team Sub

Jun 10, 2010, 11:25 PM

Post #4 of 21 (8755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks, must be a different one i was thinking of, driving from bourne end to marlow before you reach the A404 to wycombe there is a cricket club/football pitch tucked away on the left, pretty sure a team plays there but can't find any reference to them, looks like a really nice setting with a clubhouse. I'll have to investigate further.

thetwist
Junior Team Regular

Jun 11, 2010, 10:01 AM

Post #5 of 21 (8698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dutchmans] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That's Little Marlow, didn't think there was a football pitch there though

acmold

Jun 11, 2010, 10:42 AM

Post #6 of 21 (8683 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dutchmans] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or

Below is a link on how to find Lane End Lions who are a kids team, though the ground address is the same as Lane End in the A&D. It's the Lane End between Stokenchurch and Marlow. My Uncle used to live there.

http://www.laneendlionsfc.org.uk/how-to-find-us.php

maroon
Junior Team Regular

Jun 11, 2010, 12:30 PM

Post #7 of 21 (8655 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Thanks, must be a different one i was thinking of, driving from bourne end to marlow before you reach the A404 to wycombe there is a cricket club/football pitch tucked away on the left, pretty sure a team plays there but can't find any reference to them, looks like a really nice setting with a clubhouse. I'll have to investigate further.

The village your talking about is well end not lane end, your getting your ends mixed upSly
not sure if there is a senior club there though i have seen some football being played while passing by as well as cricket.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 11, 2010, 1:07 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #8 of 21 (8634 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maroon] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You should also try and avoid confusion when referring to Bell End as it could be in Dudley or near Hagley in Worcestershire. Not to be confused with Rood End in Oldbury either.

royals26

Jun 11, 2010, 1:53 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #9 of 21 (8618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

... and isn't there a K**b End nr 'Notlob' too? Tongue

... cue contribution from "Hodof Smutsdottir" Sly

. . the road from Sands through Lane End and up/over/down to Hambledon/Henley via Fingest/Frieth/Skirmett is an absolute treat too.

I'm often puzzled by the multiple 'Bourne Ends' in that general area.

... reminds me of an elderly Great Aunt who mused aloud why there were so many villages in the West Country called 'Loose Chippings'. Cool

hayesmagic
Junior Team Sub

Jun 11, 2010, 2:24 PM

Post #10 of 21 (8604 views)
Shortcut

yes it is as far as i can rmember when i visited it a few years back they were then in the wycombe and ditrict

acmold

Jul 23, 2010, 10:39 AM

Post #11 of 21 (8331 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hayesmagic] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or

DIVISIONAL SET UPS NOW COMPLETE

Premier : Bucks CC, Bierton, Aston Park, Elmhurst, Aylesbury Dynamos, Walton Court Wanderers, Downley, Berkhamsted Sports, St Johns, Aston Clinton, Pitstone & Ivinghoe Cheddington Utd, Wendover

Division One: Wingrave, Thame Town, Bedgrove Dynamos, Quarrendon Royals, Brittania, Bedgrove Utd, Bierton Res, Long Marston, Bucks CC Res, Pitstone & Ivinghoe Cheddington Utd Res, Haddenham Utd, FC Spandits.

Division Two: Mandeville, Haydon Utd, Fairford Leys, Long Marston Res, Great Milton, Quainton, St Johns Res, Wendover Res, Aston ClintonRes, Brill, Keltic Colts, FC Bedgrove, Bedgrove Dynamos Res, Ludgershall Utd, Cheddington, Thame Town Res

Division Three: Bedgrove Utd Res, Wingrave Res, Downley Res, Oving, Stone Magnets, Great Milton Res, Quarrendon Royals Res, APR, Haddenham Res, Fairford Leys Res, AC Meadowcroft, Aylesbury Wanderers, Ludgershall United Res, Cuddington, Haydon Utd Res, Elmhurst Res

Each Division is as follows ; Prem - 12, D1 - 12, D2 - 16, D3 - 16

D2 and D3 to play 2 midweek games on 24/26 Aug and 31Aug/2Sept without exception unless free week is requested, fixtures will be on Mitoo.

Useful links

http://www.adl-football.co.uk/ League Website

http://adl-football.co.uk/Club-Contacts.php Club contacts and grounds

(This post was edited by acmold on Jul 23, 2010, 10:47 AM)

temprise
Youth Team Sub

Jul 23, 2010, 6:48 PM

Post #12 of 21 (8262 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

There is a team called Lane End who play in the Wycombe League on Saturdays. Lane End is between Marlow and Stokenchurch and east of High Wycombe.

Well they did 5 years ago as my side played them either in the berks and bucks cup or the Norfolkian Senior cup.

Regards.

jimmyjazz
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 23, 2010, 7:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 21 (8254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [temprise] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Unless I'm mistaken...

Cuddington another new entrant and Cheddington rejoining.

Leaving are Lane End, Rose & Crown, Excel Dents & as mentioned Sparta Royals.

acmold

Jul 24, 2010, 9:54 AM

Post #14 of 21 (8193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [temprise] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

There is a team called Lane End who play in the Wycombe League on Saturdays. Lane End is between Marlow and Stokenchurch and east of High Wycombe.

Well they did 5 years ago as my side played them either in the berks and bucks cup or the Norfolkian Senior cup.

Regards.

See post 6 in this thread, Lane End of Aylesbury League in 2009/10 were the same Lane End that used to be in the Wycombe League.

acmold

Jul 24, 2010, 10:04 AM

Post #15 of 21 (8189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimmyjazz] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Unless I'm mistaken...

Cuddington another new entrant and Cheddington rejoining.

Leaving are Lane End, Rose & Crown, Excel Dents & as mentioned Sparta Royals.

I far as I can ascertain or recall Cuddington have not had a Saturday side for a number of years. See in the fixtures their ground is TBA, but in the club directory it is Cubbington Playing Fields. Only a few miles for me.

Are Cheddington a new team, did the old Cheddington not become part of the P&IC Utd team ?.

Lane End failed to turn up for a game late in the season, just tried to look them up and found the websites for the Lane End Lions boys teams are currently unavailable.

royals26

Aug 6, 2010, 11:50 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #16 of 21 (7963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

... few changes following Bucks CC abrupt withdrawal from the League - 1st team rumoured to have hopped en masse over to be part of the 'SSML-re-entered' Winslow Utd. Shocked

Thame Town have been promoted to keep the Premier @ 12 Clubs

Premier (12)
Aston Clinton (Res)
Aston Park
Aylesbury Dynamos
Berkhamsted Sports
Bierton
Downley
Elmhurst
Pitstone & Ivinghoe
St Johns
Thame Town
Walton Court Wanderers
Wendover

... see Mitoo for the rest :

http://football.mitoo.co.uk/...LeagueCode=AYDFL2010

grandad
Youth Team Regular

Aug 7, 2010, 7:33 PM

Team(s): Slought Town, Cheltenham Pilgrims, Rhostyllen, Barmouth & Dyffryn

Post #17 of 21 (7906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Silly question, sorry, but is the Pitstone & Ivinghoe mentioned, the same one that was in the SSML last season, or their ressies?

Once a Rebel, Always a Rebel

acmold

Aug 8, 2010, 10:46 AM

Post #18 of 21 (7860 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grandad] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Silly question, sorry, but is the Pitstone & Ivinghoe mentioned, the same one that was in the SSML last season, or their ressies?

No it's Pitstone & Ivinghoe and Cheddington United who play on the ground on the other side of the road from Pitstone & Ivinghoe. They have won nearly everything they have gone in for in the last two years. Cheddington United folded / moved to Pitsone 2 or 3 years ago and the new team emerged, this season see's Chedington United return to the Aylesbury League and I know some of P&IC Utd's players have signed for Pitstone & Ivinghoe this season, some used to play for Pitstone & Ivinghoe before the new club came about.

acmold

Jul 6, 2011, 3:58 PM

Post #19 of 21 (7283 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Aylesbury & District League [In reply to] Can't Post or

2011/12 UPDATE - cannot find divisional line-ups

Highlights of the AGM. from- http://www.adl-football.co.uk/Latest-News.php

Three teams have withdrawn, namely Fairford Leys Res, Great Milton Reserves, and St Johns Reserves (caused by the merger of St Johns/Stone Magnets)

There are three new reserve teams entered into the league, namely BucksCC, FC Spandits, Bedgrove Dynamos, and Aylesbury Park Rangers.

There are four new clubs entered into the league, namely:-Northchurch, Tring Bell Titans, AFC Victoria, and Tetsworth (from Oxford City F.A).

This now means the league has 59 teams, and 41 clubs (82% full)

(This post was edited by acmold on Jul 6, 2011, 3:59 PM)

acmold

Jul 7, 2011, 7:20 PM

Post #20 of 21 (7183 views)
Shortcut

The DIvisional Set up's have been "provisionally drawn up" these are subject to change until the Club Secretary's Meeting on Thursday August 11th, there are now an 5 Divisions sporting 57 sides. http://www.adl-football.co.uk/Latest-News.php

Premier Division: Bierton, Thame Town, Walton Court Wanderers, Aylesbury Dynamos, Aston Park, Downley Albion, Berko Sports, St Johns Magnets, Bedgrove Utd (P), Bucks CC (P), Elmhurst, P&IC Utd

Division One: Britannia, Wingrave, Bedgrove Dynamos, FC Spandits, Haddenham Utd, Bierton Res, Wendover (R), Aston Clinton (R), FC Bedgrove (P), Thame Town Res (P), Long Marston

Division Two: Quarrendon Royals (R), P&IC Utd Res (R), Haydon Utd, Cheddington, Ludgershall, Long Marston Res, St Johns Magnets Res, Downley Albion Res (P), AFC Victoria, Bucks CC Res, FC Mandeville

Division Three: Great Milton, Fairford Leys, Buckingham Park (new), Aston Clinton Res, Quainton, Brill Utd (R), Oving, Haydon Utd Res, Aylesbury Park Rangers, Haddenham Utd Res, Bedgrove Dynamos Res, Wendover Res (R)

Division Four - new division: Wingrave Res (R), Ludgershall Res (R), Aylesbury Wanderers (R), Cuddington (R), Bedgrove Utd Res (R), AC Meadowcroft (R), Tetsworth (new), Tring Bell (new) Titans, Aylesbury Park Rangers Res, FC Spandits Res, Northchurch (new)

Division Three Champions Stone Magnets have merged with St Johns 3 teams have withdrawn, namely Fairford Leys Res, Great Milton Reserves, and St Johns Reserves (caused by the merger of St Johns/Stone Magnets). Keltic Colts appear to have become AFC Victoria.

(This post was edited by acmold on Jul 7, 2011, 7:21 PM)

acmold

Aug 19, 2011, 10:31 AM

Post #21 of 21 (6947 views)
Shortcut

Up dated league line-ups from http://adl-football.co.uk/Latest-News.php

Premier Division: Bierton, Walton Court Wanderers, Aylesbury Dyn, Aston Park, Downley Albion, Berko Sports, P&IC Utd, Elmhurst, St Johns Magnets, Bucks CC (P), Bedgrove Utd (P),

Division One: Britannia, Wingrave, Bedgrove Dynamos, FC Spandits, Haddenham Utd, Bierton Res, Aston Clinton (R), Wendover (R), Long Marston, FC Bedgrove (P), Thame Town (Relegated since AGM due to registration problems),

Division Two: Quarrendon Royals (R), P&IC Utd Res (R), Haydon Utd, Cheddington, Ludgershall, Long Marston Res, FC Mandeville, AFC Victoria, Bucks CC Res, Aston Clinton Res (P since AGM)

Division Three: Downley Albion Res (P relegated since), St Johns Magnets Res (R since AGM), Quainton, Brill Utd (R), Wendover Res (R), Oving, Haydon Utd Res, Aylesbury Park Rangers, Haddenham Utd Res, Bedgrove Dynamos Res, Great Milton,

Division Four - new division: Wingrave Res (R), Ludgershall Res (R), Aylesbury Wanderers (R), Cuddington (R), Bedgrove Utd Res (R), AC Meadowcroft (R), Aylesbury Park Rangers Res, FC Spandits Res, Northchurch (new), Tetsworth (new), Tring Bell Titans (new),

Folded since AGM - Fairford Leys, Buckingham Park (who were a new club) while Downley Albion first team are no longer listed in any division though on the A&D website there is a gap in the Division Two line-up where they were, though their 2nd XI are still listed in Division Three. The Website also says it is rumoured a 4th side may have left the league

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3