Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
Bloody Italians

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

AussieWhoosh
Youth Team Regular

Jun 20, 2010, 6:16 AM

Team(s): See below

Post #1 of 32 (3595 views)
Shortcut
Bloody Italians Can't Post or Reply Privately

First it was the blatent dive in 2006 in injury time that gave Italy a penalty and a 1-0 win over Australia.
Now it is an Italian referee who virtually ends our chances in 2010 with the most ridulous red card ever. How on earth is Kewell given red for a ball to hand.....sure it is a penalty, no argument there.....but a red card.

What do Italians have against us....I am gonna boycott pasta and pizza for the rest of the World Cup.

Darren in Australia

My teams: Chelsea, Bromley, Spalding United, Pinchbeck United, Cemaes (WAL), Heart of Midlothian (SCO), St Etienne (FRA), Borussia Moenchengladbach (GER), Deportivo La Caruna (ESP), Alma SC (Australia), Silver City Strikers (Australia),Thika United (Kenya). Founder and chairman of Alma Makogeni Sports Club (Kenya)

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 20, 2010, 6:25 AM

Post #2 of 32 (3594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AussieWhoosh] Bloody Italians [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Stopped a certain goal with his arm. If the referee gives a penalty then he has no alternative other than to show a red card.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

AussieWhoosh
Youth Team Regular

Jun 20, 2010, 6:57 AM

Post #3 of 32 (3591 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Bloody Italians [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Actually wrong....he could have given a yellow card, have seen that in plenty of matches...penalty awarded with a yellow card
otherwise all direct free kicks should result in a red card and not a yellow card cos after all a penalty is a direct free kick given in the penalty area

My teams: Chelsea, Bromley, Spalding United, Pinchbeck United, Cemaes (WAL), Heart of Midlothian (SCO), St Etienne (FRA), Borussia Moenchengladbach (GER), Deportivo La Caruna (ESP), Alma SC (Australia), Silver City Strikers (Australia),Thika United (Kenya). Founder and chairman of Alma Makogeni Sports Club (Kenya)

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 20, 2010, 7:58 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #4 of 32 (3584 views)
Shortcut

Sorry but if it stops a certain goal it has to be a red card and I really don't know what Kewell was protesting about.

PaulC

Jun 20, 2010, 7:59 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #5 of 32 (3583 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Actually wrong....he could have given a yellow card, have seen that in plenty of matches...penalty awarded with a yellow card
otherwise all direct free kicks should result in a red card and not a yellow card cos after all a penalty is a direct free kick given in the penalty area

Wrong. Penalties may be awarded with a yellow card or no card at all if the foul was not denying an attacker a goal scoring opportunity.

Once the referee had deemed Kewell's handball was deliberate it had to be a red card. Since you have already accepted the penalty was the right decision a red card must automatically follow since Kewell's handball clearly prevented a goal.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Jun 20, 2010, 8:08 AM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 20, 2010, 10:59 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #6 of 32 (3559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Bloody Italians [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The trouble is that the word deliberate sits in both sections of the rules - the offence must be deemed deliberate for the penalty to be awarded, and as it stopped an obvious goal scoring chance, it must be a red card. I think this is why Kewell was so upset - not claiming that the ball did not hit his arm, but claiming it was not deliberate.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

Jun 20, 2010, 6:21 PM

Team(s): Venezia Mestre 1987

Post #7 of 32 (3521 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
First it was the blatent dive in 2006 in injury time that gave Italy a penalty and a 1-0 win over Australia.
Now it is an Italian referee who virtually ends our chances in 2010 with the most ridulous red card ever. How on earth is Kewell given red for a ball to hand.....sure it is a penalty, no argument there.....but a red card.

What do Italians have against us....I am gonna boycott pasta and pizza for the rest of the World Cup.

Darren in Australia

If you dont know the rules you should not make such comments.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 20, 2010, 6:23 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #8 of 32 (3519 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Happy for the Kiwi's ?Tongue

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

Jun 20, 2010, 6:23 PM

Post #9 of 32 (3518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Bloody Italians [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Happy for the Kiwi's ?Tongue

I actually am, just to annoy the Aussies even more Laugh

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 20, 2010, 8:46 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #10 of 32 (3487 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

If it's a penalty it's a sending off - handball has to be deliberate to be penalised.

Last new ground (848): Giant Axe - Lancaster v Stourbridge 23/11/19
Last game: as above
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Czech Republic, Bulgaria

dottirofhod

Jun 20, 2010, 8:56 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #11 of 32 (3481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] Bloody Italians [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Darren, I think you must have gleaned from the replies you are a whinging "Cry Baby".
Come on New Zealand , at least they are in in Oceania. You are too good for that ?
Handball - yes . Sending Off - Yes . Whinger - Yes .

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

AussieWhoosh
Youth Team Regular

Jun 21, 2010, 1:35 AM

Post #12 of 32 (3430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Bloody Italians [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well if I am a whinger it must be my English blood coming out....and I have plenty of that running through my system.

However, I am the first to admit if I have made an error and obviously from the replies I have made an error in understanding the rule...so fair enough. Red card it is then...though I will still boycott pizza and pasta and I did celebrate New Zealand's goal against the Italians cos they are still cheats.....again a dive to win a penalty.

To answer your question whether we are too good for Oceania.....I cannot answer that. The FFA decided to go to the Asian federation "which is a lot harder to qualify from" for reasons unknown to me. Personally I think Asia and Oceania should be one Confederation anyway.

Darren in Australia

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

Jun 21, 2010, 7:44 AM

Post #13 of 32 (3402 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
the Italians cos they are still cheats.....again a dive to win a penalty.

Shocked

You forgett to mention that we had a player sent off after Kewell (who else?) made a meal out of a clear tackle. Also, I didnt think it was a dive, but then again I am biased here probably. Still you didnt manage to score against 10men and you paid for that. Get on with that, sometime you get away with something, sometime you dont. Welcome to the world of football.

Isaac

Jun 21, 2010, 8:12 AM

Post #14 of 32 (3398 views)
Shortcut

Never mind we all make mistakes!

It was a clear cut penalty the Italians got against the Kiwis for shirt pulling.

I read somewhere that the Aussies had opted for the Asian group as it wasn't so far for their Europe based players to travel.

cope1

Jun 21, 2010, 9:12 PM

Post #15 of 32 (3340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Bloody Italians [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I thought it was because they were fed up winning 31-0 and romping the OFC region only to lose in a play-off every 4 years.

I agree with Darren, the OFC teams would be better subsumed into the AFC qualifying system, even if the early rounds are still regionalised. In fact, with a bit of rejigging you could keep it as it is but have the OFC qualifier just go into the final AFC round. Will all due respect to the other teams in the OFC region we're talking about small islands with barely any (if any at all) professional football being played. NZ and Oz are unfortunate that that's what they get to test themselves against.

As for the red card, definately a red and yes, I think Darren was having a bit of a whinge as we all do from time to time, although I reckon it's his Aussie genes causing that, not the English ones... Tongue

UKPunk

Jun 21, 2010, 11:16 PM

Post #16 of 32 (3321 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
..though I will still boycott pizza and pasta and I did celebrate New Zealand's goal against the Italians cos they are still cheats.....again a dive to win a penalty.

Darren in Australia

It seems to me that they are all cheats to differing degrees, maybe with the exception of North Korea. And look where honesty has got them. Tongue

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 23, 2010, 11:19 AM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #17 of 32 (3264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Bloody Italians [In reply to] Can't Post or

"Bloody Italians" - someone who finally agrees with my views of Italian football!

I detest watching Italy's national team as they cheat. They dive. They go down like they've been shot. They foul the opposition and expect the player to get straight back up. They go 1-0 up and defend, 11 men behind the ball. They go 1-0 down and they quite happily kick lumps out of the opposition to get an equaliser.

Totti in 2006, I remember screaming in anger at the TV after that. It was horrific. This tournament, the penalty v New Zealand was another example of the Italians getting favoured.

Italian football is pathetic.

Isaac

Jun 23, 2010, 11:30 AM

Post #18 of 32 (3259 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Bloody Italians [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
"Bloody Italians" - someone who finally agrees with my views of Italian football!

I detest watching Italy's national team as they cheat. They dive. They go down like they've been shot. They foul the opposition and expect the player to get straight back up. They go 1-0 up and defend, 11 men behind the ball. They go 1-0 down and they quite happily kick lumps out of the opposition to get an equaliser.

Totti in 2006, I remember screaming in anger at the TV after that. It was horrific. This tournament, the penalty v New Zealand was another example of the Italians getting favoured.

I don't disagree with you Tom but in all fairness the penalty against New Zealand was correct as there was shirt pulling even if the Italian player made the most of it.

As for going down like they've been shot well we've seen quite a bit of that from other nations as well, and I thought ref's were supposed to book players who wave imaginary cards at them trying to get other players booked? I've not seen any evidence of that actually happening.

I can't remember what Totti did in 2006 but I do remember him being a victim of a cheating English player (Martin Keown) in a CL game at Arsenal when hard man Keown was pole axed by getting Totti's finger nail in his face.

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

Jun 23, 2010, 6:54 PM

Post #19 of 32 (3224 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Oh yes, we have especially a player who is well known for diving. His name is Stefano Gerrardo, have you ever heard of him?? Sly

(This post was edited by VMFC1987 on Jun 23, 2010, 6:55 PM)

paulh66

Jun 23, 2010, 6:58 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #20 of 32 (3222 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

But their performance in the 2006 semis against Germany was exemplary in every respect - controlled, fair and clinical.

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

Jun 23, 2010, 7:00 PM

Post #21 of 32 (3218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Bloody Italians [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

But their performance in the 2006 semis against Germany was exemplary in every respect - controlled, fair and clinical.

Thank you Sir! Cool

paulh66

Jun 23, 2010, 7:02 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #22 of 32 (3216 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VMFC1987] Bloody Italians [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Thank you Sir! Cool

No comment on the other 6 games.... Tongue

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

Jun 23, 2010, 7:07 PM

Post #23 of 32 (3212 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Bloody Italians [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Thank you Sir! Cool

No comment on the other 6 games.... Tongue

Mmm I was at all the games and believe me I am always very harsh with judging our performances but let me tell you, apart from Australia where we were lucky to get away with a penalty (that I still reckon it was). While against Ghana and Czech we were superior in every part of the pitch, against USA we struggled, they gave us hard time I admit it, but you should have learnt by now that the Yanks are not a bad side either.
Against Ukraine and Germany we were far the better side and in the final, well only a very tense and nailbiting game. Surely if you get to that stage Don Fabio will teach your boys the Italian job, win some games without impressing so much.

Thats why we have 4 stars in our shirts!

(This post was edited by VMFC1987 on Jun 23, 2010, 7:09 PM)

paulh66

Jun 23, 2010, 8:21 PM

Post #24 of 32 (3202 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VMFC1987] Bloody Italians [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Mmm I was at all the games and believe me I am always very harsh with judging our performances but let me tell you, apart from Australia where we were lucky to get away with a penalty (that I still reckon it was). While against Ghana and Czech we were superior in every part of the pitch, against USA we struggled, they gave us hard time I admit it, but you should have learnt by now that the Yanks are not a bad side either.
Against Ukraine and Germany we were far the better side and in the final, well only a very tense and nailbiting game. Surely if you get to that stage Don Fabio will teach your boys the Italian job, win some games without impressing so much.

That's where my hopes are pinned!!

UKPunk

Jun 23, 2010, 10:47 PM

Post #25 of 32 (3162 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I detest watching Italy's national team as they cheat. They dive. They go down like they've been shot. They foul the opposition and expect the player to get straight back up.

Sounds like most Premiership games to me, Tom. Crazy

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3