Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
English players lack of intelligence?

underthemoon
Junior Team Star

Jun 29, 2010, 2:20 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1667 views)
Shortcut
English players lack of intelligence? Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't think England as national side will ever be as good as there fans believe they should be, due mainly to a lack of intelligence among english players.
The decision making and speed of thought is just not there and is not encouraged in english football. Clubs seem to look for speed and size and technichal ability when it comes to young english players. But miss out intelligence. Cappello may get the blame but crikey the pool of english talent really seems to lack intelligence...

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 29, 2010, 2:26 PM

Team(s): None

Post #2 of 9 (1665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [underthemoon] English players lack of intelligence? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I don't think England as national side will ever be as good as there fans believe they should be, due mainly to a lack of intelligence among english players.
The decision making and speed of thought is just not there and is not encouraged in english football. Clubs seem to look for speed and size and technichal ability when it comes to young english players. But miss out intelligence. Cappello may get the blame but crikey the pool of english talent really seems to lack intelligence...

Are you suggesting Wayne Rooney is not intelligent?
I have heard he has several hundred books in his library, although I believe he hasn't coloured them all in yetSmile

jrev61

Moorsider
First Team Star

Jun 29, 2010, 3:52 PM

Team(s): Kirkbymoorside (Wearside League)

Post #3 of 9 (1637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] English players lack of intelligence? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Are you suggesting Wayne Rooney is not intelligent?
I have heard he has several hundred books in his library, although I believe he hasn't coloured them all in yetSmile

I blame parents !! Didn't young Wayne spend a lot of time at his "Grannies" when he was younger ??

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 29, 2010, 6:31 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #4 of 9 (1604 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Moorsider] English players lack of intelligence? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's interesting that intelligence off the football field doesn't necessarily have any relation to intelligence on it.

I know one very skilful young lad whose speed of footballing thought is far faster than his teammates. Sometimes it obviously frustrates him. But, I'm not sure he'd manage to trap a GCSE.

You may be right though,that what is emphasised by coaches is fitness, strength and keeping to the script rather than trying the unexpected.

underthemoon
Junior Team Star

Jun 30, 2010, 11:45 AM

Post #5 of 9 (1548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] English players lack of intelligence? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes. I do think english football culture means intelligence is not encouraged. At the highest level some of the decision making is really quite moronic. Its not just that the england team are an embarrasment but until you change the culture the embarrasment is inevitable. English players like Rooney and Lampard etc get really hyped up but they need far more intelligent players around them like Giggs or like Essien,players who can read a game....You can have a few players who are not that clever but you really need some more intelligent ones to pull the strings and England lacks those type of players.

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 30, 2010, 1:17 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #6 of 9 (1528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [underthemoon] English players lack of intelligence? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2009/03/frank-lampard-has-iq-of-150.html

Coincidentally, I came across the above story re Frank Lampard and John Terry.

I suppose it just shows that being rated intelligent doesn't necessarily mean you've either got common sense or wisdom

underthemoon
Junior Team Star

Jul 2, 2010, 10:43 AM

Post #7 of 9 (1461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] English players lack of intelligence? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2009/03/frank-lampard-has-iq-of-150.html

Coincidentally, I came across the above story re Frank Lampard and John Terry.

I suppose it just shows that being rated intelligent doesn't necessarily mean you've either got common sense or wisdom

Thats quite interesting...but IQ is not really a great measure of all round intelligence....It really cant be if the likes of John Terry,Lampard and Carol Vorderman are scoring highly.
I think the lack of intelligence of English players is glaringly obvious especially with the national side.

Sports Guru
Junior Team Sub

Jul 8, 2010, 1:41 PM

Team(s): Arsenal, United Manchester

Post #8 of 9 (1351 views)
Shortcut

Welldone underthemoon. This is what I was also going to utter but its good that you’ve taken my place doing so. They can be intelligent but they really lack wisdom because I have heard a lot about their people on different center sports and sport center forums already.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 8, 2010, 2:06 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #9 of 9 (1342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sports Guru] English players lack of intelligence? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Welldone underthemoon. This is what I was also going to utter but its good that you’ve taken my place doing so. They can be intelligent but they really lack wisdom because I have heard a lot about their people on different center sports and sport center forums already.

And what is the level of intelligence on those forums ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3