Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
Dunga Sacked

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

Jul 4, 2010, 11:19 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #1 of 9 (1286 views)
Shortcut
Dunga Sacked Can't Post or Reply Privately

how many other football federations would sack their manager/coach for ''only'' reaching the world cup quarter-finals?

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 5, 2010, 10:03 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #2 of 9 (1225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] Dunga Sacked [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
how many other football federations would sack their manager/coach for ''only'' reaching the world cup quarter-finals?

I thought Dunga resigned after the defeat by Holland?

How many football federations wouldn't sack their manager after performing as badly as the Engand team did?

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

Jul 5, 2010, 10:04 AM

Team(s): Venezia Mestre 1987

Post #3 of 9 (1221 views)
Shortcut

A Brasilian friend of mine was telling me that Dunga would have been sacked no matter what the final result was. Even a possible win would not have been enough for him to stay in charge. He made decisions that were not tolerated by the FA. For example they did not accept the fact that Dunga never allowed the press to their training sessions; he brought Felipe Melo to South Africa while the whole country (and the FA) was not too keen on him being part of the squad.

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

Jul 5, 2010, 4:24 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #4 of 9 (1187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Dunga Sacked [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I thought Dunga resigned after the defeat by Holland?

he was sacked last night before he could resign apparantly.

jrev61

Jul 5, 2010, 6:21 PM

Team(s): None

Post #5 of 9 (1170 views)
Shortcut

On the Italian football on ESPN last season they were suggesting that Dunga would go after the World Cup regardless of how Brazil fared and that Leonardo would take over.
Any Brazilian who saw AC Milan play last season will not be too excited about that prospect if it ever happens!

jrev61

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

Jul 6, 2010, 10:39 AM

Post #6 of 9 (1122 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Dunga Sacked [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Any Brazilian who saw AC Milan play last season will not be too excited about that prospect if it ever happens!

I dont think he did badly especially if you consider the ageing squad and the long injury list he had to deal with. Leonardo is a new and young coach but well respected by his players for his good manners and knowledge. In Brazil he is highly rated, having said that I dont think he will take charge of the national team. Whoever will be the coach he will have a huge task, hosting the WC for Brazil means nothing less than winning the tourney...no pressure.Unsure

sandhurstbee

Jul 6, 2010, 1:08 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #7 of 9 (1103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VMFC1987] Dunga Sacked [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I work with a Brazillian who is delighted Dungas gone. He said he plays too defensively and not in the Brazillian way. The defeat against Holland highlighted the fact that Dunga had brought a Defensive squad and left out `Flair` players like Ronaldiniho who could have changed the way Brazil were playing. According to him the word coming out of Brazil is that Big Phil Scolari is on the way back.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

Jul 6, 2010, 1:26 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Dunga Sacked [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I work with a Brazillian who is delighted Dungas gone. He said he plays too defensively and not in the Brazillian way. The defeat against Holland highlighted the fact that Dunga had brought a Defensive squad and left out `Flair` players like Ronaldiniho who could have changed the way Brazil were playing. According to him the word coming out of Brazil is that Big Phil Scolari is on the way back.

Yes that's what I have heard too Scolari is in pole position.

jrev61

Jul 6, 2010, 6:51 PM

Team(s): None

Post #9 of 9 (1074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VMFC1987] Dunga Sacked [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Brazil job is easy, all you have to do is play great football and win World Cups. No pressure then.Smile
I suspect the next coach will not survive until they host the World Cup in 4 years time.

jrev61

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3