rainjar
First Team Star

Aug 5, 2010, 3:13 PM

Post #1 of 15 (3442 views)
Shortcut
The order in which you check out sections Can't Post or Reply Privately

For me, it's:
  • Non-League Football - General
  • All Other Football Interests - Premiership & Football League (shouldn't that be Premier League?)
  • All Other Football Interests - All other football
  • All Other Football Interests - History
  • All Other Football Interests - Football in other countries
  • All Other Football Interests - Other Sports (a bit of a contradiction there)

Football Insights

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 5, 2010, 10:20 PM

Post #2 of 15 (3394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rainjar] The order in which you check out sections [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I start at the top and work my way through the sections.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Aug 5, 2010, 10:52 PM

Team(s): non-league football

Post #3 of 15 (3390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] The order in which you check out sections [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

how true in life; start at the top and finish right near the bottomCool, I`m all for that even when it comes to the Forum!!

UKPunk

Aug 5, 2010, 11:36 PM

Post #4 of 15 (3384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] The order in which you check out sections [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
how true in life; start at the top and finish right near the bottomCool, I`m all for that even when it comes to the Forum!!

I'll even go along with that regarding women as long as I finish at the front bottom. Wink

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 6, 2010, 10:19 AM

Team(s): Stevenage FC & Buckland Athletic

Post #5 of 15 (3362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] The order in which you check out sections [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I start at the top and work my way through the sections.

Snap.

Stevenage FC - Hertfordshire's finest!
Buckland Athletic- Pride of South Devon!

cope1

Aug 6, 2010, 11:36 PM

Post #6 of 15 (3318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rainjar] The order in which you check out sections [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I work my way through Non-League Football and All Other Football Interests.

Kernovian
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 7, 2010, 1:59 PM

Team(s): Yeovil Town FC

Post #7 of 15 (3290 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] The order in which you check out sections [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I tend to only read sections when the number of postings reach certain minima, which I've never actually defined, but are different for each section - largely dependent on average traffic, I guess.

Inherited by AngusGF

jimmyjazz
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 8, 2010, 8:54 PM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 15 (3223 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kernovian] The order in which you check out sections [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

1. Groundhopping Section - General, Where Did You Go? , Where Are You Going?
2. Non League - General
3. Twenty Questions
4, General Chat
5. Any remaining with 20+ posts since last read.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 8, 2010, 11:24 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #9 of 15 (3205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimmyjazz] The order in which you check out sections [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

'Where Are You Going' and 'Where Did You Go' are always first.

On a more negative note, I'm giving up checking the 'Non-Football Related Chat' section for the same reason I've long given up listening to non-football related Radio 5 Live. Surely its about time someone locked out Baggy Pants 'Huntley' thread?

Steelback
First Team Star

Aug 8, 2010, 11:29 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #10 of 15 (3199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] The order in which you check out sections [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Being a 'paper chaser' it's always the where did you go section to see who issued & who didn't! I also really enjoy reading about people's international trips, the recent post by the chap who did four in Slovakia was great Smile

‘Informative’ Posts Only, by order of the Forum KGB

Darren Lovell
First Team Star

Aug 9, 2010, 8:54 AM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #11 of 15 (3173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steelback] The order in which you check out sections [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I start from the bottom of the page and work up (don't know why!) I have to clear all of those pesky yellow markers to show that I'm up to date with everything. I skim read some of the content, I ignore most of the non-football related content (far more important things to do than to read about grown men squabbling over opposing points view.)

Mostly enjoy the where have you gone/been section (especially the long distance overseas trips) and any general non league discussion (particularly if it relates to Steps 3,4 and 5. Generally I read the forum though for the over riding sense of friendship and kinship that is shared by this forum's members.

Do I have a variant of OCD? Crazy

Grounds Visited 314
Last New Ground: Leicester City
Last Game:Ebbsfleet United 1-2 Maidenhead United
National League 12.10.19
Games In Season 2019-20: 27
New Grounds This Season: 2
Goals This Season: 81
Ave goals per game: 3.00

UKPunk

Aug 9, 2010, 11:33 PM

Post #12 of 15 (3138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Darren Lovell] The order in which you check out sections [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I start from the bottom of the page and work up (don't know why!) I have to clear all of those pesky yellow markers to show that I'm up to date with everything. I skim read some of the content, I ignore most of the non-football related content (far more important things to do than to read about grown men squabbling over opposing points view.)

Mostly enjoy the where have you gone/been section (especially the long distance overseas trips) and any general non league discussion (particularly if it relates to Steps 3,4 and 5. Generally I read the forum though for the over riding sense of friendship and kinship that is shared by this forum's members.

Do I have a variant of OCD? Crazy

Most certainly, Darren. It's a particularly virulent strain usually experienced by groundhoppers but also known to affect all those with an obsession with football. I have it myself. Unsure

Like you I have to clear all the yellow markers before I'm satisfied.

Unlike you I think the slanging matches on the non football related sections are hilarious. I still can't believe how quickly some people jump aboard the 'stress express' when discussing some of the topics. Nevertheless, it appeals to my admittedly childish sense of humour.

Mishi

Aug 29, 2010, 11:14 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #13 of 15 (2932 views)
Shortcut

I generally start from the top & go down...ooh er, missus! ;-)

If there's a lot of where did you go's then I leave it til the end if I'm a bit mentally tired. Not always ploughing through it if I'm cream crackered.

Sometimes jump down to the foreign stuff, as i'm always keen to learn new stuff from that, & ALWAYS dive in if Sigma is the last poster, as I can't get enough info on Czech football.

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

jon b
First Team Star

Aug 30, 2010, 6:56 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #14 of 15 (2901 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] The order in which you check out sections [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Apparently, where newspapers are concerned some people read them from the front page and work their way towards the back...and some never make it to the back page at all. How weird.

As for me on this site...

usually:
Non League General
Premiership etc
Other football

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 30, 2010, 9:54 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #15 of 15 (2885 views)
Shortcut

In a general, but no particular, order

Non-League Football
General
Restructuring
Other British Isles non-league

All Other Football Interests
Premiership & Football League
All Other Football

Main Site
Information and Development
Comments, Suggestions, Questions & Problems
Content Errors and Corrections

Non Football
General Chat

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3