Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Sat 4th Sep

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 7, 2010, 12:36 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #126 of 146 (3629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davy c] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
interesting blog of virtually no games (apart from the one your not going to count !) a pic of some blurred pin badges and some old news. Super stuff

Your only being sarcy because you couldn"t name the badges . No top marks for you Davina .

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 35 / 30/ 5/ inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 11 / 08 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-3-2)/ Lux = 0-3 / Neth = 0-0-0-(2 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3/ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-1.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

bbcgull
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 7, 2010, 12:37 PM

Team(s): Torquay United, Real Salt Lake, United Services Portsmouth

Post #127 of 146 (3627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

nice one Hoddy!!

davidp
Reserve Team Star

Sep 7, 2010, 12:59 PM

Team(s): Leek Town, Abbey Hulton United, Norton Utd (RIP), Brighton and Stoke City

Post #128 of 146 (3603 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbcgull] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Kidsgrove 2 Quorn 1 HT: 1-0 ATT 181 Entrance £7 kids free Prog £2 Uni Div 1 South

2-1 flattered Quorn. Kidsgrove were very impressive. Liam Shotton is the best player I've seen at this level. He is going to cause havoc in Unibond defences. Combine this with the speed and goalscoring ability of Dave Walker and Kidsgrove will be the team to beat this season. It proves to be a very competitive division with Barwell and Newcastle starting where they left off last season.

The Groundhog - the football ground travelog

KnowYourMarket

Sep 7, 2010, 1:20 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #129 of 146 (3584 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm inspired, so I'm going to write a blog on my favourite pieces of canal art I own.

www.bargepaintings.blogspot.com

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

(This post was edited by KnowYourMarket on Sep 7, 2010, 1:21 PM)

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Sep 7, 2010, 1:25 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #130 of 146 (3572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fleetfan] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Woops - That was a typo!! I knew we had won 2-0! I was actually fairly sober considering!

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Sep 7, 2010, 1:26 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #131 of 146 (3571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well, it was towards the bottom of my map!! So I classed it as the Southern part! Just like Goole is on the Eastern tip of the West Riding Wink

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Sep 7, 2010, 2:01 PM

Post #132 of 146 (3551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm inspired, so I'm going to write a blog on my favourite pieces of canal art I own.

www.bargepaintings.blogspot.com

You'd be better off composing your list of Scandinavian conquests.

KnowYourMarket

Sep 7, 2010, 2:13 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #133 of 146 (3542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Garrincha's dog] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

First tick last night, Sandi Toksvig. Debbie will be jealousTongue

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Sep 7, 2010, 2:20 PM

Post #134 of 146 (3537 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Who is Debbie Toksvig?

dottirofhod

Sep 7, 2010, 2:44 PM

Post #135 of 146 (3524 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Who is Debbie Toksvig?

You"ll probably remember him/her as Derek Toksvig ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 35 / 30/ 5/ inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 11 / 08 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-3-2)/ Lux = 0-3 / Neth = 0-0-0-(2 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3/ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-1.

Seagull
First Team Star

Sep 7, 2010, 4:25 PM

Post #136 of 146 (3478 views)
Shortcut

Blimey Nick, does she now bat for Lancashire? Every credit mate, lost cause that one I'd have said....Wink

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 8, 2010, 10:15 AM

Team(s): Stevenage FC & Buckland Athletic

Post #137 of 146 (3346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Seagull] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

CSWPL Division 1 West

Penryn Athletic (1) 6 Truro City Reserves (0) 0
Att: 55
Ad: £3
Prog: 24 pages free with ad. (v. poor, apart from teams, no match related write ups, only 2 pages of home club history)
Can of coke: £1

Stevenage FC - Hertfordshire's finest!
Buckland Athletic- Pride of South Devon!

sandhurstbee

Sep 8, 2010, 1:18 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #138 of 146 (3313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [muzza2] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Burton Albion 3-0 Hereford United
Walker 27, Harrad 31, Penn 46
Football League Two
Attendance 2,556 (c.150 away)

After losing for the first time in the league this season last weekend at Cheltenham, Burton were looking to bounce back with victory against a Hereford side that had scored just once all season.

Hereford lined up with a very negative 5-3-2 formation, with not even the full backs looking like pushing forwards. The Brewers returned to 4-4-2 with Richard Walker getting his first start since the 14th of November.

Burton had much of the early possession but failed to make any chances until the 13th minute when Shaun Harrad had a vicious strike tipped over by Adam Bartlett. From the corner Darren Moore’s header was comfortably caught by Bartlett. Hereford rarely threatened to open the score but Joe Colbeck was unfortunate to slip after rounding Nathan Stanton who subsequently limped off with a hamstring injury and was replaced by former Bulls legend Tony James. Mathieu Manset had a great chance to fire Hereford in front but for some reason opted to drive with his left foot rather than his right and fired wide from the edge of the area. Walker’s first chance of the game came from a low Aaron Webster cross which Walker attempted to flick around the corner but caught his standing foot and the ball bounced away. The Brewers took the lead in the 27th minute as John McGrath’s free kick was knocked down into the path of Walker, who turned and shot low past Bartlett much to the delight of the players and fans especially as it was Walker’s first goal for just over 9 months. A few minutes later and woeful defending cost Hereford the 2nd as they lost possession deep in their own half Webster then played an inch perfect ball over the top of the static back line and Harrad calmly rolled the ball past Bartlett. Amadou Rabihou had two chances for the bulls as he first forced Adam Legzdins to tip over a dipping effort and then fired over the bar. Bartlett saved his team from going three down late in the first half as Shaun Harrad struck a powerful shot from the edge of the area, Bartlett did well to block the shot but it struck the head of Walker and seemed destined to go in only for Bartlett to react superbly the knock the ball away to safety. Burton went in a comfortable 2-0 up at half time in this heated encounter, with Colbeck possibly fortunate to stay on the pitch as he appeared stamp out at John McGrath, while Lunt claimed McGrath had kicked out at him early on and Lunt subsequently launched a nasty challenge on the same man later but somehow escaped a caution.

HT 2-0

Within a minute of the restart more comical defending gifted Burton a 3rd, as Hereford once again lost possession deep in their own half, Russ Penn ran at the defence and fired a shot which appeared to be sailing just wide only to take a heavy deflection off Richard Rose and fly into the top. Walker went close to goal number 4 as he turned through 3 players and stabbed his effort goalwards only to be blocked by Bartlett and the rebounded effort went into the side netting. Substitute looked lively when he came on and a powerful drive was well kept out by Legzdins. Walker went even closer a few minutes later as he turned his man on the edge of the area and bent a lovely effort goalwards but his shot struck the post and bounced across goal to Harrad who was denied by the once more underprotected Bartlett. Burton had to finish the game with 10 men as Darren Moore went in for a challenge with Sam Malsom and was tackled mid-flight and flew head first into an advertising hoarding, Malsom ran away with the ball and attempted to chip an out of position Legzdins but the ball drifted wide.

FT 3-0

Burton thoroughly deserved the three points against a very poor Hereford side. This Hereford side were the worst football league team I’ve ever seen, Even the Hereford fans broke into the songs of ‘we’re not very good’ and ‘we’re *bleep* and we know we are.’ Promising signs for the Brewers who sit in their highest ever league position but Rotherham away will be a much bigger test next week.

Was also at this One taking a chance to knock off a League ground on my way back from Holiday in Yorkshire. Previously visited old ground at Eton Park. Enjoyable day out, Burton fully deserved the points and look to have assembled a decent squad this season.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

Chris1963

Sep 8, 2010, 5:51 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #139 of 146 (3267 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Vase, first round qualifying, 3pm

Bromyard Town 2 Continental Star 6 (H/T 0-2)

Entry - £5

Programme - 44 pages, £1, includes static colour photos of stand and clubhouse

Crowd - approx 45 (not yet checked)

I decided to miss my first Oxford Utd home game of the season (I was as surprised as anyone else to discover they had won 4-0) to go to a fairly remote part of England that was ideal for going to on a day when there was no danger of a postponement. This Vase tie seemed ideal as I had not seen the visitors in action before.

Bromyard is served by buses from Worcester and Hereford, and I chose the former as it is cheaper to get to from London than Hereford.
I travelled on the 12.05 bus from Worcester bus station, arriving in Bromyard with over 2 hours to spare before kick-off. The town is a delightful, hilly place which has a Doctor Who exhibition (possibly permanent, although I decided not to pay the £6 entry fee) in the town centre. A dry cleaning shop has a 'retro' front, complete with an old packet of persil with a price of 50 and a half pence on it. This would have seemed very expensive to me at the time, which must have been just before the halfpence was abolished in the early 1980's.

The football ground is a 10 minute walk from the Pump Street bus stop, and I was impressed with Delahay Park, which seems to have had a lot of investment in recent years. There is a concrete cantilever stand with five rows of seats, plus a small shelter on the far side. A modern brick and dressing-room complex is situated on the half-way line. There is a brick turnstile building, plus plenty of grass banking behind one goal. A narrow metal railing surrounds the pitch, which is a bygone feature seldom found at grounds these days. Another pitch is located closer to the town centre, and may have been the club's former ground.

The visitors looed fitter and faster and ran out comfortabe winners. Nearly all of their team are of ethnic origin, and it will be interesting to see if they can get into the Midland Alliance in the near future.

Fortunately the game ended early (16.47) and I was able to catch the 16.56 bus back to Worcester, rather than the last one at 6.15pm, which I had expected to be on regardless of whether or not extra-time had been played.

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Sep 8, 2010, 5:51 PM)

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Sep 8, 2010, 10:45 PM

Post #140 of 146 (3202 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
A dry cleaning shop has a 'retro' front, complete with an old packet of persil with a price of 50 and a half pence on it.

When I was a single chap in HM Forces the washing powder box that you looked out for in the Married Quarters windows was always OMO.

UKPunk

Sep 10, 2010, 9:23 PM

Post #141 of 146 (3094 views)
Shortcut

Saturday 4th September
Isthmian league Division 1 North
Cheshunt (1)1 Brentwood Town (2)3 KO 3:00 Att’ce 195
Entrance £7 Programme £2 Tea 60p

The lad and I went to this one on Saturday. The early exchanges suggested that Brentwood would overwhelm the hosts, but gradually Cheshunt came into the game and played their part in an entertaining encounter. Brentwood took the lead after only 2 minutes through Dee Okojie when his looping shot found the net. Cheshunt were level after 24 minutes when Darren Williams hit the bar with a header and the rebound was tucked away by Iian Salt. Three minutes of added time were on the clock at the end of the first half when Brentwood took the lead for the second time through a short range shot by Anthony Ryan.

The second half, although not as lively as the first was still entertaining despite the fact that the hosts were left with a mountain to climb seconds into the second half when Ryan blocked a Cheshunt defenders clearance and slotted home the loose ball. Brentwood were worthy winners over the 90 minutes, also hitting the woodwork on two further occasions. But fair play to Cheshunt who had their moments and with better finishing could have made the contest somewhat closer.

What follows is no reflection on Cheshunt FC because as a whole I found them to be a very friendly club. But the spectacle was spoilt somewhat by two skinhead thugs in their 30’s who not only gave the officials voluble and unwarranted verbal abuse of the most explicit kind but also went out of their way to try to pick a fight with the Brentwood bench and their vocal fans behind the goal.

To add to this disgraceful behaviour one of the thugs had his three children with him, one of whom was a boy of about 8 or 9 who for a time chanted, “the referee’s a w***er” with the obvious encouragement of his thugish dad. Five minutes from time he told his children to walk round to the other side of the pitch “in case it kicks off”. At the final whistle, whilst the lad and I made our way towards the exit, both thugs made their way towards the Brentwood fans. I don’t know what the outcome of this was but their behaviour certainly took some enjoyment away from an otherwise pleasant day.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Chorley2002
First Team Star

Sep 11, 2010, 9:43 PM

Team(s): Ilford and Thorne Colliery.

Post #142 of 146 (3033 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ilfordfox] Sat 4th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Essex Olympian Football League
Senior Division League Cup 1st Round
Thurrock Reserves 0 Burnham Ramblers Reserves 1
Admission Free
No programme

Played on the Thurrock FC training pitch (there are two pitches here) and was only able to be entered today by walking through the main Thurrock FC ground and going through a door at the end of the large covered side terrace. As I saw it this was the only way in from that ground (maybe others, but I couldn't see them) and the gate from the outside car park was locked.

A very dull game and easily the worst seen this season so far. Two teams of youngsters who I can't help thinking might be getting knocked about a bit by more experienced players that compete at this level.
A drab first half was goalless. The only goal of the game came early in the second half and from then on I was hoping that the visitors would either put the game out of reach or that the poor standard of football put on by Thurrock (in fact both sides today) would ensure that no leveller was forthcoming and I would be spared another half an hour of this dross. Fortunately I got my wish, even though the referee did add a bit of injury time.

Got away from here as quickly as possible and drove straight to Mayesbrook Park to watch the last half an hour of:

Eton Manor 3 Southill Alexander 0
FA Vase.

All the goals had been scored by the time I got here. From what I saw Eton Manor was easily the better side and never gave their opponents anytime on the ball at all. Southill did go close once in the time I was there.
The home side looked deserved winners and as they are one of my local sides I would love to see them have a bit of a run in this competition.

A clip from this game have been uploaded onto You Tube at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqqVOdEp_U

(This post was edited by Chorley2002 on Sep 11, 2010, 9:54 PM)

Tractor Boy
Youth Team Regular

Sep 12, 2010, 10:00 PM

Post #143 of 146 (2981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

RITTERKLUB JETTE 2-2 RWD MOLENBEEK 2003
Brabant Division 4D
Att: 120 approx
Entry: €3
No programme or team sheet
Club Fixture Book: €3

Situated barely a 10 minute stroll from the Stade Roi Baudouin it is easy to miss the Heymbosch Sportcentre home to Jette's smaller club RITTERKLUB. I'd visited the ground a couple of years ago during the summer just for a beer as the clubhouses seem to be permanently open. The centre has three pitches with the main central pitch being astroturf. The neat thing about the pitches is that they share covered accomodation. The two covered seating areas run parallel to the touchline and have seats facing in opposite directions. A simple but neat idea.

As for the game? The home team twice took the lead only to be pegged back and ultimately have victory snatched away from them with the last kick of the game. The visitors had most of the support perhaps befitting a club borne out of the demise of one of Brussels big sides and it should be interesting to see what their 'home' in the village of Asse is like.

dottirofhod

Sep 12, 2010, 10:30 PM

Post #144 of 146 (2965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tractor Boy] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
RITTERKLUB JETTE 2-2 RWD MOLENBEEK 2003

The visitors had most of the support perhaps befitting a club borne out of the demise of one of Brussels big sides and it should be interesting to see what their 'home' in the village of Asse is like.

They play in Bekkerzeel , couple of miles E of Asse .

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 12, 2010, 11:23 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #145 of 146 (2953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or

On another point I think this is the largest Where Did You Go possibly ever and I started the thread Cool

Just found I created the biggest ever thread in Ground Hopping General and 2nd biggest in Where Are You Going, I'm a sad **** Tongue

(This post was edited by Chapeltom on Sep 12, 2010, 11:30 PM)

Mishi

Sep 12, 2010, 11:33 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #146 of 146 (2946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Sat 4th Sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Get a life mate!

Damn! It's even longer now! ;-)

Grounds visited: 741
Last new ground: Old Roan FC; John Roan Playing Fields; Kidrooke Park Road, London, SE3. (Bromley & South London Football Alliance Division One)
Last game: Wednesday 21st August 2019: Cray Wanderers 3, Margate 2. [Isthmian Leage Premier Division]
Matches watched this season: 22
2017/18-New English grounds: 3; & foreign: 0

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3