acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

May 8, 2011, 11:02 AM

Post #1 of 77 (10978 views)
Shortcut
Hellenic League 2011/12 Can't Post or

Quote from Hellenic Offical Site

"Seasonís Ups & Downs - 8th May

The finalisation of promotion and relegation is still ongoing with various meetings during the next ten days to initially resolve promotion and relegation.

That said there is possibly some matters that will affect the Uhlsport Hellenic League. At this time four clubs should be promoted to the Premier Division from One East and One West. The clubs are Holyport and Henley Town from One East but both promotions are subject to further inspections to ensure work detailed during recent inspections has been dealt with.

Moving up from One West will be Bicester Town, still to be inspected and Cheltenham Saracenís who have been inspected and again they have some work to undertake to achieve Premier status.

Four clubs from Level Seven Competitions have been inspected, and again, there is some work to do to achieve the entry grade required.
Pegasus Juniorís have been granted a transfer to the West Midlands League, subject to a place being available in that competition. Launton Sports are dropping back into the Oxfordshire Senior League. More updates to follow."

http://www.hellenicleague.co.uk/club_news/hellenic.html

Sarumio

May 8, 2011, 2:32 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #2 of 77 (10898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Quote from Hellenic Offical Site

"Seasonís Ups & Downs - 8th May

The finalisation of promotion and relegation is still ongoing with various meetings during the next ten days to initially resolve promotion and relegation.

That said there is possibly some matters that will affect the Uhlsport Hellenic League. At this time four clubs should be promoted to the Premier Division from One East and One West. The clubs are Holyport and Henley Town from One East but both promotions are subject to further inspections to ensure work detailed during recent inspections has been dealt with.

Moving up from One West will be Bicester Town, still to be inspected and Cheltenham Saracenís who have been inspected and again they have some work to undertake to achieve Premier status.

Four clubs from Level Seven Competitions have been inspected, and again, there is some work to do to achieve the entry grade required.
Pegasus Juniorís have been granted a transfer to the West Midlands League, subject to a place being available in that competition. Launton Sports are dropping back into the Oxfordshire Senior League. More updates to follow."

http://www.hellenicleague.co.uk/club_news/hellenic.html

Why bother wasting time and money re-inspecting Bicester Town's ground - we know full well that their ground is suitable for Step 5 - they've only been out of the Hellenic Premier for one season!

And who are these 4 Step 7 clubs? Highmoor Ibis are one we know of - possibly AFC Wallingford but cannot think who else it could be. Eton Wick to return?

markrfc
Youth Team Sub

May 8, 2011, 3:25 PM

Team(s): Reading FC

Post #3 of 77 (10866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I seem to remember reading a month or so ago that both AFC Wallingford and Lambourn Sports were hoping for promotion from the North Berks league. I can't find the source at the moment so cannot say for certain.

Has anyone applied from the Wiltshire or Gloucs county leagues?

Forester
Youth Team Star

May 8, 2011, 7:51 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 77 (10775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [markrfc] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Brimscombe & Thrupp have definitely applied from the Glos County League and from what I've heard they have been approved for promotion.

acmold

May 9, 2011, 10:06 AM

Post #5 of 77 (10638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Forester] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Thame Town from Aylesbury & District League, I mentioned it in step 7 thread a couple of weeks ago. I know the Aylesbury league is not step 7, but the local paper had it in a report "Thame lead the Aylesbury District League Premier Division by eight points and hope to secure promotion to Division 1 East of the UHLSport Hellenic League". http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/..._mars_Thame_triumph/ near the bottom of the report - I can only report what is written in papers, can't verify if it is factually correct. They currently play at Southern Road, Thame, having moved there from Towersey earlier in the season, but when I went to Thame United's new ground in December a Thame Town team appeared to be playing on an outside pitch.

Club Website @ http://www.webteams.co.uk/...hametownfootballclub

acmold

May 9, 2011, 10:10 AM

Post #6 of 77 (10635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [markrfc] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
I seem to remember reading a month or so ago that both AFC Wallingford and Lambourn Sports were hoping for promotion from the North Berks league. I can't find the source at the moment so cannot say for certain.

Lambourn's ground is a shadow of it's former self, lights were sold off to Andover New Street years ago. AFC Wallingford won't finish in the top two in the league may finish as low as 4th. If they were allowed up we are starting to go down the NWC's "cherry picking" method of ascertaining teams for step 6.

Mek
First Team Star

May 12, 2011, 11:02 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 77 (10351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Old Woodstock Town have asked to be relegated to Div 1. They will be playing back at Woodstock next season.

Hellenic_Fan
Youth Team Star

May 13, 2011, 2:17 AM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 77 (10309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mek] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Quite a few changes it seems,judging by this report from Thursdays Special General Meeting:

http://members6.boardhost.com/hfl/msg/1305229589.html

Games attended in season 2012/13 1
Goals seen : 4
Goal Average per game : 4.00

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

May 13, 2011, 8:44 AM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Bognor Regis Town, Brentford

Post #9 of 77 (10253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hellenic_Fan] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No application by Windsor to join the League? Intriguing. Did they miss the application deadline, or are they hoping to join the Combined Counties instead?

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 13, 2011, 8:51 AM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #10 of 77 (10249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ashtree RockBee] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No application by Windsor to join the League? Intriguing. Did they miss the application deadline, or are they hoping to join the Combined Counties instead?

Curiouser and curiouser. I'd heard they were looking at the Hellenic from a former member of their back-room staff, easier travelling straight out down the M4 he said. Maybe they've seen sense and gone for the less overall travelling of the CCL.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

acmold

May 13, 2011, 10:18 AM

Post #11 of 77 (10204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mek] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Old Woodstock Town have asked to be relegated to Div 1. They will be playing back at Woodstock next season.

The manager Simon Lenagen has left. he is one of sons of the Ian Lenagan who is the main share holder of Woodstock Partnership who own Oxford United, chairman of Wigan Warriors and involved with Harlequins. http://nonleague.pitchero.com/...-old-woodstock-2728/

I think him and his brother are on the board at Oxford United, the family have help support OWT moneywise for a number of years. He is an actor and has appeared in http://www.locatetv.com/...enagan/20568#tvshows

AdamKing
Junior Team Star

May 13, 2011, 1:29 PM

Team(s): Arsenal, Gloucester City, Cambridge United

Post #12 of 77 (10133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [markrfc] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

From reading the link, it seems that New College Swindon wish to make the step up subject to getting the necessary ground grading.

Wonder if that would mean Sanford moving up to Wilts. Premier and Bromham/Seend/Freshford going to Wilts Division 1?

Your Talents Are The Wings Your Dreams Will Use To Fly

Sarumio

May 13, 2011, 1:32 PM

Post #13 of 77 (10127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AdamKing] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
From reading the link, it seems that New College Swindon wish to make the step up subject to getting the necessary ground grading.

Wonder if that would mean Sanford moving up to Wilts. Premier and Bromham/Seend/Freshford going to Wilts Division 1?

With AFC NPower folding, Chalke Valley resigning and NCS expected to go up, I'd expect no relegation from the Wilts Premier this season, with FC Sandford, Ludgershall Sports and Marshfield to be promoted to the Premier Division from D1.

No idea who's coming into Wilts D1 for next season though! Be good to see Bromham return!

AdamKing
Junior Team Star

May 13, 2011, 1:36 PM

Post #14 of 77 (10124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I would guess so.

I would think Windsor to go in at CCL1, with Guernsey at CCLP. Clubs at CCLP could maybe afford the expense of a once-season trip over to the Channel Islands more than clubs in the CCL1 such as Chobham and Sheerwater who would really struggle to fund a trip over (both sides are practically skint).

its_only_a_game
Junior Team Regular

May 13, 2011, 1:51 PM

Post #15 of 77 (10106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Why bother wasting time and money re-inspecting Bicester Town's ground - we know full well that their ground is suitable for Step 5 - they've only been out of the Hellenic Premier for one season!

And who are these 4 Step 7 clubs? Highmoor Ibis are one we know of - possibly AFC Wallingford but cannot think who else it could be. Eton Wick to return?

Eton Wick will not be returning to the Hellenic league, they will be staying at step 7 in the East Berks league as they dont have the money needed to move back into the Hellenic.

with age comes experience...........and lack of pace!

Sarumio

May 13, 2011, 1:54 PM

Post #16 of 77 (10102 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AdamKing] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I would guess so.

I would think Windsor to go in at CCL1, with Guernsey at CCLP. Clubs at CCLP could maybe afford the expense of a once-season trip over to the Channel Islands more than clubs in the CCL1 such as Chobham and Sheerwater who would really struggle to fund a trip over (both sides are practically skint).

But Guernsey cannot just jump in to the Premier Division and bypass Division One altogether. If the Division One clubs don't think they can afford it then its simple - they won't vote Guernsey in!

AdamKing
Junior Team Star

May 13, 2011, 1:58 PM

Post #17 of 77 (10095 views)
Shortcut

Hmm, but didn't AFC Wimbledon start at CCLP level and not CCL1?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AFC_Wimbledon%27s_progress_and_finishing_positions_in_all_seasons_since_their_foundation.jpg

I can see Guernsey not being voted in, the costs would be too much for many teams at Step 6.

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

May 13, 2011, 2:08 PM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Bognor Regis Town, Brentford

Post #18 of 77 (10085 views)
Shortcut

I think the plan / stipulation is for Guernsey to fund their trips to the mainland and also opponents' trips to their ground, similar to how the Channel Islands teams operated in the FA Vase.

The number of people funded for each visiting team would probably be around 20 - playing squad, management team, physio, club chairman and maybe a couple of committee members. Travelling fans would have to organise and fund their own way over.

I think AFC Wimbledon joined the CCFL in the final season of just one division, and the Surrey Senior League became CCFL Division 1 the following season.

(This post was edited by Ashtree RockBee on May 13, 2011, 2:13 PM)

acmold

May 13, 2011, 3:19 PM

Post #19 of 77 (10045 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

With AFC NPower folding, Chalke Valley resigning and NCS expected to go up, I'd expect no relegation from the Wilts Premier this season, with FC Sandford, Ludgershall Sports and Marshfield to be promoted to the Premier Division from D1.

No idea who's coming into Wilts D1 for next season though! Be good to see Bromham return!

When I went to Marshfield earlier in the season they are certainly looking at coming up, they are railed down one side already due to the pitch being near the car park, they have a good clubhouse, issue a programme and hardly ever have a game off for waterlogging. Marshfield is actually in Gloucestershire.

Anyone coming back at Aldbourne ?.

Wilton was not railed when I went earlier in the season.

New College is railed has lights and even when I went 5 or 6 years ago had a "cage" type fence from the dressing room to the pitch.

What has happened to the old Raychem ground thought the last occurpiers were going to steam through the leagues with the help of Robbie Williams and his mate.

AdamKing
Junior Team Star

May 13, 2011, 3:59 PM

Post #20 of 77 (10026 views)
Shortcut

I thought that Swindon Town Ladies played at Aldbourne's ground, or do they now play elsewhere?

Can't find anything on the Raychem ground online, is it by the Arkell's Brewery as that's the only thing that crops up?

EDIT - Moredon Cheney, according to their site, have a three year deal on that ground YET they give their home contact as the County Ground Extension?!

(This post was edited by AdamKing on May 13, 2011, 4:39 PM)

Mek
First Team Star

May 13, 2011, 10:25 PM

Team(s):

Post #21 of 77 (9913 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Marshfield have applied for promotion to the Prem Div and waiting out to hear.

Sadly Bromham folded towards the end of this season from the Trowbridge & District League.

A possibility that Wilts Prem could also lose Pewsey Res & Amesbury Res if they switch to the new Wyvern League.

What about Alderbury (Champions of Sals & District League) promoted to Wilts D1 ? They have a planning application in for a new ground within the village, so might be looking to move up?

From acmold: Wilton was not railed when I went earlier in the season. Can't see Castle Meadow ever being railed. Wilton had hoped to move to the old Middle School site on the outskirts of the town, however Wilts Council sold the site (not for housing though-Plymouth Brethren I think bought it) and I can't
see them moving now.

(This post was edited by Mek on May 13, 2011, 10:36 PM)

moonraker
Ballboy/girl

May 14, 2011, 5:52 PM

Team(s): Corsham Town

Post #22 of 77 (9790 views)
Shortcut

Heard that Westbury Reserves have also dropped out the Wiltshire Premier League and Corsham Town Reserves may do the same.

Mek
First Team Star

May 14, 2011, 8:23 PM

Team(s):

Post #23 of 77 (9728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [moonraker] Hellenic League 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Heard that Westbury Reserves have also dropped out the Wiltshire Premier League and Corsham Town Reserves may do the same.

Westbury Res left at the end of 2009-10 (played in Trowbridge & Dist league this season).

Which league are you expecting Corsham Res to be in next season ?

(This post was edited by Mek on May 14, 2011, 11:36 PM)

AdamKing
Junior Team Star

May 14, 2011, 8:36 PM

Post #24 of 77 (9718 views)
Shortcut

Seems a bit strange Corsham Res pulling out, after winning the league this year.

AdamKing
Junior Team Star

May 14, 2011, 9:52 PM

Post #25 of 77 (9689 views)
Shortcut

Just seen this on the Pitchero Official Website:

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/king-explains-hellenic-situation-3038/.

EDIT - Fairford and Shrivenham reprieved at the expense of Wootton Bassett

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/fairford-and-shrivenham-reprieved-3021/

(This post was edited by AdamKing on May 14, 2011, 9:59 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3