Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 32 Next page Last page  View All

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

May 19, 2011, 11:25 AM

Post #101 of 795 (10365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

People that post comments on here but have disabled the PM function so that the only way you can have a rant at them is in the public forum which means you get banned. There's only one word for it. Cowardice.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

dottirofhod

May 19, 2011, 11:52 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #102 of 795 (10356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
People that post comments on here but have disabled the PM function so that the only way you can have a rant at them is in the public forum which means you get banned. There's only one word for it. Cowardice.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 109 / 92 / 17 / 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 18 / 11 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-0-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

sandhurstbee

May 19, 2011, 1:13 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #103 of 795 (10340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KIM TRUB] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Pointless things BEARDS what are the point, also why does everybody say The Arsenal no one else says the Chelsea The Wigan etc

I had a beard for years Spud, It was only cos I was a lazy sod who couldn`t be arsed to shave Tongue

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

UKPunk

May 19, 2011, 1:55 PM

Post #104 of 795 (10331 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cyclists on pavements

People who fail to indicate, especially on roundabouts

People who sit virtually up to your bumper at night with their lights on full beam.

Drivers who refuse to move into the second lane when you're joining an A-road or motorway when there's nothing outside them forcing you to brake.

Stroppy teenagers who cross the road without looking and then look at you with indignation as if it's you that's in the wrong.

Kids on bikes riding on the right hand side of the road (a common sight in Clacton).

Horses on the road, particularly when the horse has a dump and the riders leave it there in the road or even sometimes on the pavement. If dog owners have to clear up after their animals why are horse riders allowed to get away with it?

Shopping (unless it's for beer, books or music).

Chris Evans

Schools that send the kids home the moment they see a snowflake.

Politicians

God botherers

My girls when they leave their crap around the house. For example, shoes left on the floor instead of being placed in the shoe rack, makeup smeared around the bathroom sink because they couldn't spend 10 seconds rinsing it away, unwashed cups and plates left for others to clear away (we DO have a dishwasher!), handbags, hairbrushes, hair clips, nail varnish remover, cans of hairspray and sundry other 'girlie' items that are rarely if ever returned to their correct place.

People who don't look where they're going.

People who stand chatting in a supermarket blocking up the whole aisle.

Seagulls

Pigeons

Halloween

Fireworks night

People who are regularly late.

Club secretaries of clubs at step 6 and above who are uncontactable on the morning of a game.

Non disabled people who park in disabled bays.

So called 'professionals' who are anything but. For example some of the useless social workers we've encountered over the years (our current one is very good and despairs at some of her colleagues' attitudes and lack of work ethic).

Cilla Black

The Brady Bunch

Fashion victims

Bernie Clifton

Des O' Conner

Max Bygraves

Text Speak

Take That

Justin Bieber

Andrelux
First Team Regular

May 19, 2011, 2:14 PM

Team(s): Brentford (for my sins - obviously done something really bad in a past life

Post #105 of 795 (10326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Been on Jury service three times, and done five cases. One of the times I was on a Jury, the prosecution's main evidence came from CCTV. As you say it's rubbish. Just seemed to be random pictures. So all of the relevant evidence just turned out to be hearsay, since CCTV footage proved nothing.

That was the case with the most fun in the jury room I've ever had, as we tried to establish whether the facts of the case were possible: "So he held him from behind, and he got smacked in the face?" "Impossible, grab me from behind and I'll try and hit you hard... see I can't". "No, I'll do it to you, and I'll show you how you can drop and get leverage.... oh, sorry, didn't mean to follow through, did that hurt?". There was far more violence in that jury room than probably in the case being tried.

Worst was a kiddy-fiddling case. Obviously no CCTV, just one person's word against another. Easiest was a burglary case, which we decided within 5 minutes, on the basis that the alternative was having to pay for and eat the sandwiches they offered you.

(This post was edited by Andrelux on May 19, 2011, 2:15 PM)

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 19, 2011, 3:21 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #106 of 795 (10312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Cyclists on pavements

People who sit virtually up to your bumper at night with their lights on full beam.

Drivers who refuse to move into the second lane when you're joining an A-road or motorway when there's nothing outside them forcing you to brake.

Stroppy teenagers who cross the road without looking and then look at you with indignation as if it's you that's in the wrong.

Kids on bikes riding on the right hand side of the road (a common sight in Clacton).

Horses on the road, particularly when the horse has a dump and the riders leave it there in the road or even sometimes on the pavement. If dog owners have to clear up after their animals why are horse riders allowed to get away with it?

Chris Evans

Politicians

God botherers

My girls when they leave their crap around the house. For example, shoes left on the floor instead of being placed in the shoe rack, makeup smeared around the bathroom sink because they couldn't spend 10 seconds rinsing it away, unwashed cups and plates left for others to clear away (we DO have a dishwasher!), handbags, hairbrushes, hair clips, nail varnish remover, cans of hairspray and sundry other 'girlie' items that are rarely if ever returned to their correct place.

Seagulls

Pigeons

Halloween

Fireworks night

Club secretaries of clubs at step 6 and above who are uncontactable on the morning of a game.

So called 'professionals' who are anything but. For example some of the useless social workers we've encountered over the years (our current one is very good and despairs at some of her colleagues' attitudes and lack of work ethic).

Cilla Black

The Brady Bunch

Fashion victims

Bernie Clifton

Des O' Conner

Max Bygraves

Text Speak

Take That

Justin Bieber

I bet you're a bundle of fun at a party...

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

Andrelux
First Team Regular

May 19, 2011, 5:19 PM

Team(s): Brentford (for my sins - obviously done something really bad in a past life

Post #107 of 795 (10297 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I actually agree with each and every one of those.

Although I don't know who Justin Bieber is.

I also have several others, although best not mention them as I'd be even less likely to be invited to parties...

Except just one: people using mobile phones in the quiet carriage on trains. I can't smoke anywhere on a train... so please desist from telling the whole carriage about your personal problems at 95 decibels in the one carriage we use to avoid having to hear it.

(This post was edited by Andrelux on May 19, 2011, 5:22 PM)

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 19, 2011, 5:42 PM

Post #108 of 795 (10291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrelux] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Me neither (Justin Beiber). I shall give the subject matter
some deep thought and come up with a list soon(ish).
One good thing about the French (there are more, I quite
like them as a race personally) is that they generally
adhere to 'quiet carriages' on the TGV.
Five minute stops at Avignon, Valence et al normally sees
half the train decamp to the platform for a fag...heaven Cool.

jrev61

May 19, 2011, 7:27 PM

Team(s): None

Post #109 of 795 (10280 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Pointless things BEARDS what are the point, also why does everybody say The Arsenal no one else says the Chelsea The Wigan etc

Possibly because Arsenal is also a noun,meaning a place where weapons are produced or stored. Chelsea and Wigan are proper nouns only.

jrev61

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 19, 2011, 8:41 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #110 of 795 (10266 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

My girls when they leave their crap around the house. For example, shoes left on the floor instead of being placed in the shoe rack,

You have a "shoe rack"???

Last new ground (846): Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia - Bulgaria v England 14/10/19
Last game: Stourbridge v Whitby 21/10/19
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Czech Republic, Bulgaria

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 19, 2011, 8:42 PM

Post #111 of 795 (10265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrelux] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Although I don't know who Justin Bieber is.

He's slightly more talented than Jedward.

Then again, so is a dead pigeon.

Last new ground (846): Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia - Bulgaria v England 14/10/19
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Czech Republic, Bulgaria

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 19, 2011, 9:08 PM

Post #112 of 795 (10252 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

My girls when they leave their crap around the house. For example, shoes left on the floor instead of being placed in the shoe rack,

We have two...then again I thought everyone had?
If I throw our gardener into the mix, does than make
me really pretentious? Tongue

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 19, 2011, 9:15 PM

Post #113 of 795 (10249 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Only if it's concrete mix.

Personally, I've got a chair which I keep my shoes under! No need for a special rack!

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 19, 2011, 9:21 PM

Post #114 of 795 (10244 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Smile Had the cheek to try and put his hourly rate up the other week, so I cut his
hours down. Bloody nerve, he will be wanting the minimum wage next.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 19, 2011, 11:46 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #115 of 795 (10228 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I walked half a mile to my local shops this morning, I was nearly knocked down three times. A bike with a young lady was riding at about 20mph on the pavement, she had earphones in, she had to take avoiding action at the last minute and rode onto the road in front of a car. Two hundreds yards later I was crossing a sideroad a car suddenly turned off of the main road and stopped a couple of feet from me, it had no indicator going. 100 yards later I was crossing another side road and a Taxi turned into it via a staggered junction on the wrong side of the road again with no indicator. A lady with her shopping trolley was also crossing at the same time, she just looked at the taxi and said "you arsehole were's your indicator", she looked and me and said sorry for my bad language.

Maybe they should treat you as a roundabout; get appropriate signage is my advice Cool

UKPunk

May 19, 2011, 11:57 PM

Post #116 of 795 (10223 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Only if it's concrete mix.

Personally, I've got a chair which I keep my shoes under! No need for a special rack!

You would have if you had a partner and three daughters in the house. My 16 year old in particular is a nightmare. Where shoes are concerned she is the Imelda Marcos of Clacton, I kid you not!!

She has an ottoman in her bedroom almost full to the brim with shoes. Even her calendar is one with multiple pictures of shoes on each page. And don't get me started on the amount of clothes she's got! Unsure

And that's why we have a shoe rack. Smile

acmold

May 20, 2011, 9:08 AM

Post #117 of 795 (10192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To
I walked half a mile to my local shops this morning, I was nearly knocked down three times. A bike with a young lady was riding at about 20mph on the pavement, she had earphones in, she had to take avoiding action at the last minute and rode onto the road in front of a car. Two hundreds yards later I was crossing a sideroad a car suddenly turned off of the main road and stopped a couple of feet from me, it had no indicator going. 100 yards later I was crossing another side road and a Taxi turned into it via a staggered junction on the wrong side of the road again with no indicator. A lady with her shopping trolley was also crossing at the same time, she just looked at the taxi and said "you arsehole were's your indicator", she looked and me and said sorry for my bad language.

Maybe they should treat you as a roundabout; get appropriate signage is my advice Cool

They would drive straight over the top of me.

Isaac

May 23, 2011, 10:59 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #118 of 795 (10133 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Cyclists on pavements

Chris Evans

Politicians

God botherers

Seagulls

Pigeons

Halloween

Fireworks night

Cilla Black

The Brady Bunch

Fashion victims

Bernie Clifton

Des O' Conner

Max Bygraves

Text Speak

Take That

Justin Bieber

I'd go along with many of those...................drivers that fail to indicate! I mean how much effort does it take to flick an indicator stick one way or the other to let everybody else know what the hell they are doing???????Unsure

Same with drivers hogging the middle lane forcing everyone else to undertake them, and when you hoot or flash them they look totally bewildered as to what they've done wrong!

Drivers illegally using mobile phones when they're driving..............they deserve at very least a six month ban!

I know just what you mean about daughters.................and when they grow up and become women they're even more trouble!

PA announcers who say "I'll just run quickly through the two teams" and do just that................if they are not going to read them out s-l-o-w-l-y enough so people can amend their programmes then what exactly is the point????????????

I'd agree about non disabled people using disabled parking bays (except in the evenings when they're all empty anyway) but I strongly object to 'parent & child bays', why the hell should they get priority over everybody else?

Fireworks...............they should be banned!

Trolls.......................likewise!

Most H&S regulations................which fly in the face of commom sense!

The EU..................don't get me started on themMad

(This post was edited by Isaac on May 23, 2011, 11:05 AM)

Sarumio

May 23, 2011, 11:46 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #119 of 795 (10122 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

One thing that really annoys me is people casually and habitually hitting the button at a pedestrian crossing when they don't need to.

Frequently I have seen a pedestrian crossing a fair way ahead of me, no car behind me, no car in front, no cars on the other side coming in the other direction, yet the person standing at the pedestrian crossing feels the impulsive need to hit the button and unnecessarily stop my car!!!! By the time i'm there, they've long since crossed and I'm sat at a red light for NO REASON!

Why don't people, when they arrive at the crossing, assess the situation and decide whether they actually need the lights to go red to enable them to cross, or whether they can do it without stopping the traffic. I swear some people have lost the ability to cross a road without assistance from traffic lights!!!!

Isaac

May 23, 2011, 12:19 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #120 of 795 (10115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

On this very subject I get annoyed about pressing the button and waiting an eternity for the green man, all the more so if it's raining at the time.

By the time it eventually changes most people have made a dash for it anyway and the traffic is needlessly bought to a stop, crazy!

UKPunk

May 23, 2011, 1:49 PM

Post #121 of 795 (10104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I know just what you mean about daughters.................and when they grow up and become women they're even more trouble!

I know, my eldest is 21. The others are 16 and 14. Unsure

acmold

May 23, 2011, 2:15 PM

Post #122 of 795 (10097 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

and when they grow up and become women they're even more trouble!

Must have been reading a couple of Central Midland League reports on this forum.

UKPunk

May 23, 2011, 2:31 PM

Post #123 of 795 (10091 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

and when they grow up and become women they're even more trouble!

Must have been reading a couple of Central Midland League reports on this forum.

What have I missed? I don't s'pose you've got a link have you Andy? Cool

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 23, 2011, 5:23 PM

Post #124 of 795 (10074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
One thing that really annoys me is people casually and habitually hitting the button at a pedestrian crossing when they don't need to.

Frequently I have seen a pedestrian crossing a fair way ahead of me, no car behind me, no car in front, no cars on the other side coming in the other direction, yet the person standing at the pedestrian crossing feels the impulsive need to hit the button and unnecessarily stop my car!!!! By the time i'm there, they've long since crossed and I'm sat at a red light for NO REASON!

Why don't people, when they arrive at the crossing, assess the situation and decide whether they actually need the lights to go red to enable them to cross, or whether they can do it without stopping the traffic. I swear some people have lost the ability to cross a road without assistance from traffic lights!!!!

When I lived in Reading I counted myself lucky if drivers stopped when the lights were against them. You most definitely would not want to 'assess the situation' and then find yourself in the path of some maniac doing 60mph in a 30 mph zone.

Andrelux
First Team Regular

May 23, 2011, 5:42 PM

Post #125 of 795 (10069 views)
Shortcut

People who press both the up and the down button on a lift, without realising that if you press "up" the lift is going that way, and if you press "down" then so it will too.

The Daily Express et al, who seem incapable or deliberately unwilling to make the difference between various European institutions, and consider them all to be the spawn of the devil.

Let's just remind ourselves: The European Court of Human Rights, is an adjunct of the Council of Europe, which was proposed by Winston Churchill, amongst others, and set up in 1949, long before the EU or its predecessors. Even the most UKIP of people would have to feel that Winston was onside.

Nothing to do with the European Union, of which Britain are also members. Leaving the Council of Europe would mean joining Belarus, Kazakhstan (both barred because of human rights violations), and the Vatican City (because it's a theocracy). Way to go!!!!

And when we talk about all these European Judges, (by definition foreigners) deciding our fate: well, there are British judges there too.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 32 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3