Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32 Next page Last page  View All

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 23, 2011, 5:47 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #126 of 790 (11592 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrelux] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
People who press both the up and the down button on a lift, without realising that if you press "up" the lift is going that way, and if you press "down" then so it will too.

The Daily Express et al, who seem incapable or deliberately unwilling to make the difference between various European institutions, and consider them all to be the spawn of the devil.

Let's just remind ourselves: The European Court of Human Rights, is an adjunct of the Council of Europe, which was proposed by Winston Churchill, amongst others, and set up in 1949, long before the EU or its predecessors. Even the most UKIP of people would have to feel that Winston was onside.

Nothing to do with the European Union, of which Britain are also members. Leaving the Council of Europe would mean joining Belarus, Kazakhstan (both barred because of human rights violations), and the Vatican City (because it's a theocracy). Way to go!!!!

And when we talk about all these European Judges, (by definition foreigners) deciding our fate: well, there are British judges there too.

Don't knock the Crusader...or any company that was willing to give me three redundancy packages in 20 years...way to go!! Cool

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

May 23, 2011, 7:37 PM

Post #127 of 790 (11577 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

and when they grow up and become women they're even more trouble!

Must have been reading a couple of Central Midland League reports on this forum.

What have I missed? I don't s'pose you've got a link have you Andy? Cool

If reports on this board are true a "Lady" was removed from Easington's game on Saturday, the same "Lady" did not pay to go into a Hop game and watched it from the pavement. This "Lady" has never been seen wearing a skirt.

UKPunk

May 23, 2011, 11:45 PM

Post #128 of 790 (11554 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

and when they grow up and become women they're even more trouble!

Must have been reading a couple of Central Midland League reports on this forum.

What have I missed? I don't s'pose you've got a link have you Andy? Cool

If reports on this board are true a "Lady" was removed from Easington's game on Saturday, the same "Lady" did not pay to go into a Hop game and watched it from the pavement. This "Lady" has never been seen wearing a skirt.

Ah yes, the penny has dropped now. Thanks mate. Cool

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

NDN1984
Youth Team Sub

May 24, 2011, 11:58 AM

Team(s): Birmingham City my main team, local non-league sides.

Post #129 of 790 (11532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Coventry, Wolverhampton and West Bromwich automatically known as "Birmingham" - they are not! They are seperate towns and better run than the shithole of Birmingham I live in.

Fanatic
First Team Star

May 24, 2011, 4:40 PM

Team(s):

Post #130 of 790 (11511 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NDN1984] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A few more (many of which are linked) as I'm feeling tetchy at the moment:

People at work who don't read e-mails - usually identifiable by having hundreds of unread ones in their inbox. Much of what I do relies on input or responses from colleagues, and when those select few just don't reply it holds everything up, sometimes for months.

The campaign to bring back weekly bin collections

People who believe conspiracy theories (this includes my dad, who based on some newspaper reports is convinced that it isn't worth putting anything in his blue bin "because it's all put in landfill anyway")

Pretty much all newspapers. The Times used to be one of the few I could stand reading, but there are increasing signs that the political views of its owners are more now important than facts. News International are a very disturbing entity - I recently found out that apparently they forced Cameron to sack Dominic Grieve for having the nerve to tell the truth and have a go at them for stoking the fear of crime.

Sky - who will let you upgrade and buy more services online, but force you to call one of their non-free phone numbers if you want to remove anything from your package.

Ryanair - recently forced me to pay for oversized luggage despite it being within their limits, then telling me that I could only complain via letter or fax, only for them to respond by e-mail (although totally failing to address anything I said in the letter), but saying I couldn't reply to their e-mail!

People who don't know how to queue (Germans and Israelis for a start)

NDN1984
Youth Team Sub

May 24, 2011, 4:56 PM

Team(s): Birmingham City my main team, local non-league sides.

Post #131 of 790 (11506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sky full stop is an annoyance. They keep overcharging, and the sports channels are just Man Utd games being shown. On top of that...endless repeats, especially on SKY1 where an episode of "The Simpsons" you saw last week, could be shown about three days later! I'm all for a digital revolution, but surely there is no need to a) charge for it and b) offer a bit more choice.

I ditched it in February....got a Freesat box in the front room for 30.00 with our built-in Freeview TV which was a gift from my brother in law, the SKY box with the free channels only in the backroom, and a Freeview box in the spare room. I sold the SKY HD box on EBay for a tidy sum ;)

It's saved me 70.00 a month easily Laugh

(This post was edited by NDN1984 on May 24, 2011, 5:02 PM)

cope1

May 24, 2011, 5:46 PM

Post #132 of 790 (11493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Pointless things BEARDS what are the point, also why does everybody say The Arsenal no one else says the Chelsea The Wigan etc

Possibly because Arsenal is also a noun,meaning a place where weapons are produced or stored. Chelsea and Wigan are proper nouns only.

Also because The Arsenal was actually the name at one point.

Fanatic
First Team Star

May 24, 2011, 6:42 PM

Team(s):

Post #133 of 790 (11484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NDN1984] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sky full stop is an annoyance. They keep overcharging, and the sports channels are just Man Utd games being shown. On top of that...endless repeats, especially on SKY1 where an episode of "The Simpsons" you saw last week, could be shown about three days later! I'm all for a digital revolution, but surely there is no need to a) charge for it and b) offer a bit more choice.

I ditched it in February....got a Freesat box in the front room for 30.00 with our built-in Freeview TV which was a gift from my brother in law, the SKY box with the free channels only in the backroom, and a Freeview box in the spare room. I sold the SKY HD box on EBay for a tidy sum ;)

It's saved me 70.00 a month easily Laugh

Although our monthly charge is only around 45, I will cancel it the moment my housemate moves out as he is the only one who watches any of it.

jrev61

May 24, 2011, 8:04 PM

Team(s): None

Post #134 of 790 (11468 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Coventry, Wolverhampton and West Bromwich automatically known as "Birmingham" - they are not! They are seperate towns and better run than the shithole of Birmingham I live in.

Isn't West Bromwich part of Sandwell? And surely Coventry and Wolverhampton are cities.
I have my pedants hat on today.Smile

jrev61

UKPunk

May 25, 2011, 12:24 AM

Post #135 of 790 (11443 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The campaign to bring back weekly bin collections.

We had a campaign round here to keep our weekly collections when the Tories wanted us to change to fortnightly. We won, although we know it won't last.

News International are a very disturbing entity

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Sky - who will let you upgrade and buy more services online, but force you to call one of their non-free phone numbers if you want to remove anything from your package.

I wouldn't touch Sky with someome else's. And the sooner the EU break their monopoly on what we're allowed to watch the better.

Isaac

May 25, 2011, 4:47 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #136 of 790 (11408 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
A few more (many of which are linked) as I'm feeling tetchy at the moment:

People at work who don't read e-mails - usually identifiable by having hundreds of unread ones in their inbox. Much of what I do relies on input or responses from colleagues, and when those select few just don't reply it holds everything up, sometimes for months.

The campaign to bring back weekly bin collections

People who believe conspiracy theories (this includes my dad, who based on some newspaper reports is convinced that it isn't worth putting anything in his blue bin "because it's all put in landfill anyway")

Pretty much all newspapers. The Times used to be one of the few I could stand reading, but there are increasing signs that the political views of its owners are more now important than facts. News International are a very disturbing entity - I recently found out that apparently they forced Cameron to sack Dominic Grieve for having the nerve to tell the truth and have a go at them for stoking the fear of crime.

Ryanair - recently forced me to pay for oversized luggage despite it being within their limits, then telling me that I could only complain via letter or fax, only for them to respond by e-mail (although totally failing to address anything I said in the letter), but saying I couldn't reply to their e-mail!

People who don't know how to queue (Germans and Israelis for a start)

Also Ryanair for trying to get some cheap publicity from the volcanic ash problem!

Queueing for buses (certainly in London) seems to have become a thing of the past.

acmold

May 25, 2011, 7:34 PM

Post #137 of 790 (11389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Queueing for buses (certainly in London) seems to have become a thing of the past.

Queueing seems to have come a thing of the past.

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

May 25, 2011, 10:01 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #138 of 790 (11371 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Sky full stop is an annoyance.

Sky are a bunch of bastards. I realised a few years back I was paying for football and films that I was never watching. I more-or-less had to tell them I had a terminal disease in order to get them to cancel my subscription and get them off my back. Even then I was pretty much told I was an idiot for wanting to give up their wonderful service. I seem to be getting by ok now though with my Freesat service. God bless free high definition. One more thing that really winds me up is people who have to finish EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE with an upwards inflection, or whatever it's called, like everything they say is a question. Never noticed it a few years back but it sems to be pretty common nowadays.

dottirofhod

May 25, 2011, 10:29 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #139 of 790 (11365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
One more thing that really winds me up is people who have to finish EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE with an upwards inflection, or whatever it's called, like everything they say is a question. Never noticed it a few years back but it sems to be pretty common nowadays.

Are you sure YOU know what your on about? Are you ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 25, 2011, 11:09 PM

Post #140 of 790 (11359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can't remember the last time I had an upwards inflection... Crazy

cope1

May 26, 2011, 10:45 AM

Post #141 of 790 (11331 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Sky are a bunch of bastards. I realised a few years back I was paying for football and films that I was never watching. I more-or-less had to tell them I had a terminal disease in order to get them to cancel my subscription and get them off my back. Even then I was pretty much told I was an idiot for wanting to give up their wonderful service. I seem to be getting by ok now though with my Freesat service. God bless free high definition. One more thing that really winds me up is people who have to finish EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE with an upwards inflection, or whatever it's called, like everything they say is a question. Never noticed it a few years back but it sems to be pretty common nowadays.

I hate people who finish my sentences for me, especially when they get it wrong. I can be there for 10 minutes restarting the sentence hoping I can get it all out before they jump in. But then the same people generally don't finish their own sentences - they just leave it hanging, wait for you to do it for them.
I had a manager like that once who never knew what I was saying because she never actually listened to the end of the sentence and then said everything in half sentences and, when I didn't finish them for her, did this irritating kind of 'is anyone there???' at me.

UKPunk

May 26, 2011, 11:14 AM

Post #142 of 790 (11326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I hate people who finish my sentences for me, especially when they get it wrong. I can be there for 10 minutes restarting the sentence hoping I can get it all out before they jump in. But then the same people generally don't finish their own sentences - they just leave it hanging, wait for you to do it for them.
I had a manager like that once who never knew what I was saying because she never actually listened to the end of the sentence and then said everything in half sentences and, when I didn't finish them for her, did this irritating kind of 'is anyone there???' at me.

There's a brilliant way of getting back at people like that, particularly managers. Sarcasm.

dottirofhod

May 26, 2011, 11:16 AM

Post #143 of 790 (11325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

There's a brilliant way of getting back at people like that, particularly managers. Sarcasm.

What ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

UKPunk

May 26, 2011, 11:27 AM

Post #144 of 790 (11323 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

What ?

Between the time I posted that until the time I typed this I scoured Paddy Power looking for odds that you'd be the first to reply Hoddy, but to no avail. Cool

dottirofhod

May 26, 2011, 11:42 AM

Post #145 of 790 (11321 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ask Ashers for odds in future. New business enterprise 'Honest Chris'. Turf Accountant to the Hoppers.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 26, 2011, 12:07 PM

Post #146 of 790 (11317 views)
Shortcut

I wonder what the odds are on the Punkster buying me a Rioja on Saturday?

UKPunk

May 26, 2011, 1:27 PM

Post #147 of 790 (11303 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I wonder what the odds are on the Punkster buying me a Rioja on Saturday?

About the same as Chris getting an apology from all those posters he says have had a pop at him. Cool

villahopper
First Team Star

May 26, 2011, 4:21 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #148 of 790 (11287 views)
Shortcut

Dickwads who say Can I get

davy c
First Team Star

May 26, 2011, 4:38 PM

Post #149 of 790 (11285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

People that cannot accept their wrong
Also people that HAVE to get the final word in

No one springs to mind on here thoughCrazy

twitter @davyc1976

Isaac

May 26, 2011, 6:11 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #150 of 790 (11285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Queueing seems to have come a thing of the past.

Football fans still seem to manage it...........so surely everybody else can?Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3