Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

TheLinnet
Youth Team Sub

May 15, 2011, 12:25 PM

Team(s): Ruislip Manor(RIP), Middlesex C.C.C. King's Lynn Stars

Post #26 of 399 (26964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Mildenhall to see the 'Young Stars' this afternoon, if the rain keeps off!

WE ATE'NT DEAD (with acknowledgement to the late great Terry Pratchett)
Last new ground (Football) - Emirates Stadium
Last new ground (Cricket) - Trent Bridge
Last new track (Speedway) - Buxton

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

May 15, 2011, 4:57 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #27 of 399 (26941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TheLinnet] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

On Saturday 14th May went to Rye House 39 v 39 Newcastle Abandoned after 13 Heats Premier League Knock Out Cup Admission 16 and Prog 2

My second successive abandonment at Rye House when after a 6 minute shower the meeting was abandoned without any effort what so ever to dry the track out, the shower was not that heavy at all. Only a crowd of approx 450 here and i very much doubt that if they will get that next Saturday as Lakeside are at home to Kings Lynn that night. The promoter Len Silver announced that Jason Doyle who was covering for injured Steve Boxall would be leaving as Boxall was now fit to ride today (Sunday) and then had a row with some spectators who were not happy abou the announcement. Reasonable meeting with Rye House unable to open up a decent lead. Chris Neath top scored for Rye House with 8 from 3 Rides and Stuart Robson top scored for Newcastle. Plenty of unhappy fans afterwards with the meeting being abandoned without any effort to run Heats 14 and 15. I wont be spending my money here for a few weeks as it is not value for money and if Mr Silver does not buck his ideas up then the crowds will plummet further and further.

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 16, 2011, 1:39 PM

Team(s):

Post #28 of 399 (26908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
On Saturday 14th May went to Rye House 39 v 39 Newcastle Abandoned after 13 Heats Premier League Knock Out Cup Admission 16 and Prog 2

My second successive abandonment at Rye House when after a 6 minute shower the meeting was abandoned without any effort what so ever to dry the track out, the shower was not that heavy at all. Only a crowd of approx 450 here and i very much doubt that if they will get that next Saturday as Lakeside are at home to Kings Lynn that night. The promoter Len Silver announced that Jason Doyle who was covering for injured Steve Boxall would be leaving as Boxall was now fit to ride today (Sunday) and then had a row with some spectators who were not happy abou the announcement. Reasonable meeting with Rye House unable to open up a decent lead. Chris Neath top scored for Rye House with 8 from 3 Rides and Stuart Robson top scored for Newcastle. Plenty of unhappy fans afterwards with the meeting being abandoned without any effort to run Heats 14 and 15. I wont be spending my money here for a few weeks as it is not value for money and if Mr Silver does not buck his ideas up then the crowds will plummet further and further.

Normally i'd go to Rye 2 or 3 times a season, but there's no way i'm paying 16 for Premier League. As for replacing Doyle with Boxall?? I think poor old Len has finally lost it.
Had my first taste of Longtrack in Parchim on Sunday, i was there with 2 English refs and another die hard speedway fan. We all agreed we wouldn't bother with longtrack again, it just dragged on and on and on. After 4 hours we said sod it, and headed back to the airport.

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

May 16, 2011, 2:55 PM

Post #29 of 399 (26899 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

Normally i'd go to Rye 2 or 3 times a season, but there's no way i'm paying 16 for Premier League. As for replacing Doyle with Boxall?? I think poor old Len has finally lost it.

According to Wikipedia he is 79 now, I see Andrew Silver is 43 !.

Dynamo
Reserve Team Sub

May 16, 2011, 5:11 PM

Team(s): Shepshed

Post #30 of 399 (26884 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Any idea what the last crowd was at leicester against Redcar?

TheLinnet
Youth Team Sub

May 22, 2011, 7:51 AM

Team(s): Ruislip Manor(RIP), Middlesex C.C.C. King's Lynn Stars

Post #31 of 399 (26792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dynamo] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

King's Lynn v Coventry Wednesday 25th May 7:30pm, 15 plus 1 for the 'royal box'

Hope to see Emil Sayfutdinov make his debut for the Bees.

WE ATE'NT DEAD (with acknowledgement to the late great Terry Pratchett)
Last new ground (Football) - Emirates Stadium
Last new ground (Cricket) - Trent Bridge
Last new track (Speedway) - Buxton

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

May 22, 2011, 12:47 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #32 of 399 (26771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TheLinnet] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

2 Matches at Lakeside this week, 1st up on Monday was Lakeside 47 v 46 Wolverhampton and 2nd was Lakeside 61 v 32 Kings Lynn Both Elite League, Admission 16 Both Matches 1 Prog 2.50 covered both matches. Food and Drinks both matches 5.50 per match.

The first match was live on SKY and this affected the gate with approx 500-600 in attendance, Lakeside raced into an early lead of 10 points after 4 heats helped by a rare last place for Wolves Freddie Lindgren in heat 1. Lindgren then went unbeaten by an opponent for the rest of the meeting and with Wolves Peter Karlsson also winning 5 races the gap after 13 heats was just 1 point, however Lakeside got a match winning 5-1 in heat 14 after Wolves Ludvig Lindgren crashed. Stuart Robson top scored for Lakeside with paid 10 and Freddie Lindgren scored paid 18 and Peter Karlsson scored 16 for Wolves.

On Saturday Kings Lynn visited and were duly dispatched 61 -32, a long meeting not helped by some bad looking crashes which did leave Ryan Fisher with a bad finger injury. By heat 8 Lakeside were 17 points up and did not look back, Young Robert Mear scored well for Lakeside with paid 12 and Niels Kristian Iversen and Mads Korneliusen both scored 12 for Kings Lynn for whom Kenneth Bjerre was very disappointing.

This week the plan is Eastbourne on Monday and Isle of Wight on Tuesday.

SKY BLUE TAT
Youth Team Regular

May 23, 2011, 2:03 PM

Team(s): coventry city ,leicester tigers, coventry bees, leicestershire ccc

Post #33 of 399 (26724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FRIDAY 20th MAY
ELITE LEAGUE
COVENTRY BEES v LAKESIDE HAMMERS 58-34.
ADMISSION 16
PROGRAMME 2.50

An entertaining meeting with some very good racing especially by Josh Auty. Heat 2 saw 3 riders crash ,Auty crashed on bend 2 while Sweetman and Wells crashed on bend 4 when the race had been stopped. Auty was excluded . Lakeside won the re-run 5-1. Lakeside led 16-14 after 5 heats, Coventry then hit back winning the next 4 heats 5-1s. Sweetman was withdrawn from the meeting on doctors orders and Auty took sweetmans 3 remaining rides and certainly enjoyed his extra rides , Heats 7 and 8 saw him come from last to 2nd with some excellent overtaking. Lakeside did tactical's in heats 10 and 11 but Shields could only manage 2nd place for a 4-4 and former bee Rory Schlein finished 3rd after being brilliantly over taken by Auty who just held on for 2nd place and give bees another 5-1. Heat 14 saw Coventry take their 7th 5-1 of the night. All coventry's riders scored well with Kenni Larsen 15+1 and Harris 14+2 the top scorers for the bees while Guest rider Schlein scored 12 for lakeside.

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

May 25, 2011, 4:55 PM

Team(s): Workington Reds, St Ives Roosters RLFC

Post #34 of 399 (26674 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SKY BLUE TAT] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sunday 22nd May 2011
Leicester Lions 45 Berwick Bandits 45
Programme 2.50 - very good
Admission 15.00
Attendance - not sure but it looked healthy

ozzys mate
Reserve Team Sub

May 26, 2011, 7:58 PM

Team(s): yeovil town & slough town

Post #35 of 399 (26605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Workington FC] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

friday 27th may,7:30pm
somerset rebels v leicester lions

Red Robbo
First Team Star

May 27, 2011, 12:09 PM

Team(s): Local football in Herts and Beds

Post #36 of 399 (26565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ozzys mate] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Waiting on the weather before I make a final decision but this weekend I've pencilled in

Mildenhall v I.O.W (National League) 4.30pm on Sunday the 29th

(Actually cheaper for me to go here than Rye House even with the petrol price!Crazy)

Peterborough v Kings Lynn (Elite League) 4.30pm
on Monday the 30th

or

Rye House v Workington (National League) 2.00pm

But I am still considering the Stocks at Mildenhall on the 28th, 6.30pm and Northampton 30th, 1.30pmWink

I didn't make it to the gym today. That makes five years in a row.

Games seen in 2016/17: 54
Goals : 214
Goal less draws: 0

sandhurstbee

May 27, 2011, 1:27 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #37 of 399 (26555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Red Robbo] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Waiting on the weather before I make a final decision but this weekend I've pencilled in

Mildenhall v I.O.W (National League) 4.30pm on Sunday the 29th

(Actually cheaper for me to go here than Rye House even with the petrol price!Crazy)

Peterborough v Kings Lynn (Elite League) 4.30pm
on Monday the 30th

With very little on Footie wise I am now looking at going to Peterborough, weather permitting of course.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

escobar
Junior Team Star

May 27, 2011, 8:02 PM

Post #38 of 399 (26530 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesie] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

One for a few weeks time:

LYDD SPEEDWAY CHAMPIONSHIP Round 3

Saturday 18th June 2011 @ 17.00

Lydd Speedway
Belgar Farm
Romney Road
Lydd
Kent
TN29 9LS

(This post was edited by escobar on May 27, 2011, 8:06 PM)

ozzys mate
Reserve Team Sub

May 29, 2011, 7:52 PM

Team(s): yeovil town & slough town

Post #39 of 399 (26471 views)
Shortcut
Re: [escobar] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

friday 27th may,7:30pm
somerset rebels 53-41 leicester lions

ticket:14
car park:1
curry & chips 4

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 30, 2011, 9:20 PM

Team(s):

Post #40 of 399 (26426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ozzys mate] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

25th May
Kings Lynn 50-40 Coventry.
Dont usually head over the border into carrot crunching land, but i couldn't resist watching "that Russian" make his debut.

26th May
Ipswich 49-41 Newport.
Not bad.

29th May
Krosno 45-45 Lublin.
Poland Div2.
Att 1500ish (inc 300 away fans)
Adm 4-50 (posh seats).
Prog 60p.
Brilliant meeting with passing in almost every race. Krosno is the only track in Poland where you cant use a train to get there (realisticly). Of all the others, all bar 3 are walkable from the station. We got here with a bus from Rzeszow, 100 mile round trip for under a fiver. The track is only 2 mins walk from the main square, cant imagine this ever happening in Britain.

dottirofhod

May 30, 2011, 9:27 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #41 of 399 (26423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Krosno 45-45 Lublin.
The track is only 2 mins walk from the main square, cant imagine this ever happening in Britain.

It did happen in Crewe.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 109 / 92 / 17 / 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 18 / 11 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-0-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 30, 2011, 9:33 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #42 of 399 (26420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Krosno 45-45 Lublin.
The track is only 2 mins walk from the main square, cant imagine this ever happening in Britain.

It did happen in Crewe.

Isn't that in Poland too ?

dottirofhod

May 30, 2011, 9:48 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #43 of 399 (26416 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Prawie.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 109 / 92 / 17 / 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 18 / 11 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-0-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

May 31, 2011, 2:15 PM

Team(s): Workington Reds, St Ives Roosters RLFC

Post #44 of 399 (26364 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sunday 29th May 2011
Mildenhall Fen Tigers 61 Isle of Wight Islanders 33
National League
Admission 10
Programme - sold out - picked one up in the bar later - 16 pages 1.50
Crowd - around 500

There was a long delay due to the Islanders John Resch suffering a double break of his leg. At the least the promotion pushed the meeting along after he was taken to hospital

Monday 30th May 2011
Rye House Rockets 51 Workington Comets 41
Premier League
Admission 16.00
Programme 2.00
Crowd - around 600

I've got to say this meeting was awful. I know very little about speedway but the entertainment on show was very poor. It took around 40 minutes to complete the first 3 heats due to numerous falls and the treatment of Thomas Topinka after he crashed.

There also seemed to be some strange refeering decisions as was the case at Mildenhall the previous day.

Further falls delayed things even further but the whole atmosphere of the place appears to be run down. I know speedway stadiums are no places of beauty but this place does need some tlc. The tinny PA system is poor along with the poor choice of music during the delays. This added to the sense of gloom in a meeting that appeared like it would never end.

escobar
Junior Team Star

May 31, 2011, 6:05 PM

Post #45 of 399 (26345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Workington FC] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Monday 30th May 2011
Premier League
Admission 16.00
Programme 2.00
Crowd - around 600

I've got to say this meeting was awful. I know very little about speedway but the entertainment on show was very poor. It took around 40 minutes to complete the first 3 heats due to numerous falls and the treatment of Thomas Topinka after he crashed.

There also seemed to be some strange refeering decisions as was the case at Mildenhall the previous day.

Further falls delayed things even further but the whole atmosphere of the place appears to be run down. I know speedway stadiums are no places of beauty but this place does need some tlc. The tinny PA system is poor along with the poor choice of music during the delays. This added to the sense of gloom in a meeting that appeared like it would never end.

That's strange as i always think of Rye House as one of the more tidy and well kept tracks. You should have seen it a few years ago. Maybe not the best track from a racing point but as a spectator you can always get a good view of the racing.

As for refereeing decisions, the more meetings you go to you'll get to understand more of those decisions but like any sport the referee is only going to please half of the people!

Red Robbo
First Team Star

May 31, 2011, 10:32 PM

Post #46 of 399 (26323 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Sunday 29th May 2011
Mildenhall Fen Tigers 61 Isle of Wight Islanders 33
National League
Admission 10
Programme - sold out - picked one up in the bar later - 16 pages 1.50
Crowd - around 500

There was a long delay due to the Islanders John Resch suffering a double break of his leg. At the least the promotion pushed the meeting along after he was taken to hospital

Monday 30th May 2011
Premier League
Admission 16.00
Programme 2.00
Crowd - around 600

Also at Mildenhall on Sunday. Unfortunate accident to John Resch overshadowed the meeting but some good performances from the Tigers. I honestly thought the referee got both incidents spot on but they did go against the home side so plenty of moaning from the terrace. The referee was an ex Mildenahall rider as well, so perhaps they were expecting some "home" decisions!

Only been to Rye House four times this season and can only echo the sentiments above. I hope it improves soon otherwise I can see it folding up at the end of the season. Over priced entrance for both Premier and National League racing has made a lot of supporters stay awayMad but to be honest the racing at Rye has never been that good. Unsure, well, no comparision to the old Hackney Hawks anyway!

RRYFS
First Team Sub

Jun 1, 2011, 1:18 PM

Team(s): Leicester City, AFC Bournemouth, Hamworthy United

Post #47 of 399 (26296 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
Krosno 45-45 Lublin.

It did happen in Crewe.

Poole Stadium is only 2 minutes walk from the George Roundabout, which as a resident, I've always treated as the centre of Poole.

Red Robbo
First Team Star

Jun 3, 2011, 8:42 PM

Post #48 of 399 (26222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RRYFS] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This weekend I will be attempting to enjoy the racing at the following venues;

Saturday 4th June

Rye House v Edinburgh (Premier League)
7pm

Sunday 5th June

Mildenhall v Hackney Hawks (National League K.O. Cup 1st Leg) 4.30pm

sandhurstbee

Jun 12, 2011, 3:36 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #49 of 399 (26026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Red Robbo] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Friday 17th June
Weather Permitting - Somerset Rebels v Workington 7.30

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

Red Robbo
First Team Star

Jun 12, 2011, 4:30 PM

Post #50 of 399 (26020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tuesday 14th June;

Isle of Wight v Hackney Hawks (National League)

Weather and Wightlink catamaran permitting!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3