First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

May 31, 2011, 4:29 PM

Team(s): Darlingto

Post #1 of 53 (13815 views)
Shortcut
FIFA Can't Post or Reply Privately

So what happens now, FIFA is rotten to the core, people like Jack Warner should have had a foot shoved up his arse years ago, and so should Bin Hammam by the sounds of things.

Sepp Blatter himself needs to go as well, he said he knew brown envelopes were doing the rounds, but he apparantly did not know they had changed hands, he should be booted for that alone, didnt John Higgins get suspended for a similar reason in that he knew money was changing hands and was himself offered cash which he turned down.

So where does World Football go from here, I think FIFA should be shut down, scrapped and reformed with a different regime, I have noticed sections of the press saying England should pull out of FIFA for moral reasons, but who are we to preach to anybody, our own FA are not exactly squeaky clean themselves.

Going on the pull out of FIFA scenario, how can that be achieved, to be effective I would imagine we would need a few of the top 10 int'l teams to follow, along with major sponsors, I cannot think of many top teams who like us enough to put there int'l status on the line.

Would a massive vote of no confidence be enough to sort it all out.

Who polices FIFA, I know Blatter is the head honcho, does he answer to himself or is there some authority above, can the ethics comm. overrule the blatter and the exec comm.

What would we need to do under a new regime to clean things up, at the end of the day, we need an international ethics team independent of FIFA.

While I was on with that, I think the continental bodies should be scrapped along with FIFA and start from scratch, using UEFA as an example to start with, have say a 15 person exec comm with 8 places gained by election with the other 7 being co-opted, with that management answering to a wider group, with FA Chiefs and Fans, say 50 members, set the quorum at either 50+1 or at least 55% of the vote to push things forward

Do they same with FIFA, but also setup an independent organisation along the lines Independent Police Complaints Commission, made up of independent people like DPP's, Sports Ministers, people with the legal experience, at least one fan if possible.

I understand this can be a touchy subject at times and every man and his dog will have an opinion on this.

What do others think

Mista Fozz

Husband, Dad, Mascot Extraordinaire and all round Idiot

nisi tu Deus, qui possit iudicare
My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

villahopper
First Team Star

May 31, 2011, 4:42 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #2 of 53 (13806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MistaFozzII] FIFA [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have just bought FIFA 11
Tried to load it onto the laptop and it kept saying cannot load file corrupt

Cunch of Bunts the lot of em

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

May 31, 2011, 4:46 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #3 of 53 (13805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] FIFA [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I have just bought FIFA 11
Tried to load it onto the laptop and it kept saying cannot load file corrupt

Crisis? There is no crisis!

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 31, 2011, 7:32 PM

Post #4 of 53 (13773 views)
Shortcut

Not worth worrying about. The world is going to end on 21 October

colpic
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 31, 2011, 8:49 PM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #5 of 53 (13755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] FIFA [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Thats a Friday. Any idea what time? Will there be chance to get in an evening ko? Will it be worth getting a return ticket or won't there be time?
All info gratefully received.

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

May 31, 2011, 9:02 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #6 of 53 (13749 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Is this the re-arranged ending of the world that was postponed on May 21st?

cope1
Man City Transfer Target!

May 31, 2011, 9:04 PM

Post #7 of 53 (13744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colpic] FIFA [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Thats a Friday. Any idea what time? Will there be chance to get in an evening ko? Will it be worth getting a return ticket or won't there be time?

Return ticket? Your lot must be bloody awful if they charge you to get out as well as in! Tongue

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 31, 2011, 9:04 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #8 of 53 (13742 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Pah! Your warnings mean nothing unless they're in very big capital letters. In red too.

cope1

May 31, 2011, 9:08 PM

Post #9 of 53 (13739 views)
Shortcut

Returning to the serious question (for how long I cannot say) I saw a piece earlier on BBC from Tim Vickery saying that most of the Asian and African nations wouldn't support a breakaway (I think this is what he was saying - it was one that auto-text/speechy thing in the pub) because they remember the days when "England ruled the world through Stanley Rous" and the World Cup had 16 places, 1 of which went to Asia and Africa combined. Now, I'm not sure if he was quoting but knowing my World Cup qualifiers history, it seems a bit much for the AFC or CAF to complain about that when between them they could only raise about half a dozen teams anyway.

I suspect FIFA will carry on unfortunately. I say that because I think football has got too big too quick and needs a reality check. Blatter coming out clean was so predictable it was funny. You have to give the guy credit - he knows how to play the game(s). That's what's always set him apart from his contenders. He may be a crook but he beats the rest hands down at the power game.

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 31, 2011, 9:25 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #10 of 53 (13727 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] FIFA [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Is this the re-arranged ending of the world that was postponed on May 21st?

The very same one that was originally postponed from sometime in 1994.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

garethwrexy

May 31, 2011, 9:40 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #11 of 53 (13718 views)
Shortcut

the mafia has less corruption in it than fifa does Wink

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

sandhurstbee

May 31, 2011, 10:57 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #12 of 53 (13702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] FIFA [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I seem to recall reading once that the reason we never entered the World Cup until 1950 is because we were in dispute with FIFA. As corrupt as they are FIFA still rule World Football and every country has to be affilliated to play the game. All this talk of pulling out of FIFA is Crap. We would be completely out on a limb, remember South African sport under Apartheid. FIFA has always been corrupt going back to the days of Havalange who awarded the Exclusive TV rights of the World Cup to a Brazillian TV company who just happened to be run by his Son In Law. The way to beat corruption is from the inside, get decent people in there who will put the game first. Unfortunately the richer people become the more greedier they become.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

dottirofhod

May 31, 2011, 11:15 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #13 of 53 (13694 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Ned, don't buy any green bananas in the morning.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 23 / 21/ 2/ inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 21/ 07/ 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-3-4-2)/ Lux = 0-3 / Neth = 0-0-0-(2 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 /Italy =0-3/Iberia = P = 0-1& S=0-1.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Loiner
First Team Star

May 31, 2011, 11:21 PM

Team(s): None. A supporter of grassroots football

Post #14 of 53 (13688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] FIFA [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Or cucumbers!!!!!

colpic
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 31, 2011, 11:25 PM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #15 of 53 (13683 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] FIFA [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Good job you took out that death with optional dismemberment policy Phil.

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

Mishi

Jun 1, 2011, 1:46 AM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #16 of 53 (13671 views)
Shortcut

"Not worth worrying about. The world is going to end on 21 October"

Bloody typical, just my luck! I'm supposed to be flyimg to Prague on Sunday 23rd October. Most inconvenient if the world ends two days before. Grr!

Grounds visited: 740
Last new ground: Marine FC; Rossett Park, Crosby, Merseyside. (Northern Premier League North West Division)
Last game: Thursday 18th July 2019: Fisher 1, Saffron Walden Town 2. [Pre season match]
Matches watched this season: 7
2017/18-New English grounds: 2; & foreign: 0

rainjar
First Team Star

Jun 1, 2011, 2:58 AM

Post #17 of 53 (13669 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
So what happens now, FIFA is rotten to the core, ....

Andrew Jennings has been saying that for years. Unfortunately, it is only after England, Australia and the USA fail in their bids to host the World Cup that the English-speaking world has followed suit.

In Reply To
... Sepp Blatter himself needs to go as well, he said he knew brown envelopes were doing the rounds, but he apparantly did not know they had changed hands, he should be booted for that alone, didnt John Higgins get suspended for a similar reason in that he knew money was changing hands and was himself offered cash which he turned down.

There is other evidence of Blatter himself being corupt, especially in his earlier years. He is after all, a Joao Havelange protege, who was even more corrupt. What Blatter has done over the years is remove anyone who might threaten his position, and replaced them with his cronies.

The FIFA establishment will sweep any allegations against Blatter under the carpet and the Swiss authorities don't want to upset the FIFA establishment.

In Reply To
So where does World Football go from here, I think FIFA should be shut down, scrapped and reformed with a different regime, I have noticed sections of the press saying England should pull out of FIFA for moral reasons, but who are we to preach to anybody, our own FA are not exactly squeaky clean themselves.

Going on the pull out of FIFA scenario, how can that be achieved, to be effective I would imagine we would need a few of the top 10 int'l teams to follow, along with major sponsors, I cannot think of many top teams who like us enough to put there int'l status on the line.

Would a massive vote of no confidence be enough to sort it all out.

Very few domestic football associations are in a position to stand up to the FIFA machinery. Apart from England and Scotland, perhaps Australia. And maybe Mali. Wink

Prince William has backed the Football Association and Scottish Football Association stance that a fair election cannot take place following allegations of corruption.

Blatter is the only candidate as his rival Mohammed bin Hammam is suspended.

But the FA and SFA have struggled to find support for their proposals.

Other associations from the United Kingdom, including the Football Association of Wales and Irish Football Association, appear unwilling to back their neighbours.

In order to suspend the elections on Wednesday, about 150 of the 208 nations must vote in support of the move, a scenario that FA chairman David Bernstein admitted was unlikely.

But despite already having decided to abstain from the voting process, Bernstein said the FA was duty bound to make a stance.

The powerful countries dominate under the present structure, so they have no incentive to challenge the FIFA establishment. The smaller nations depend on the goodwill of Blatter and his cronies for whatever benefits they get from the system. The system of patronage is very powerful.

In Reply To
.... Who polices FIFA, I know Blatter is the head honcho, does he answer to himself or is there some authority above, can the ethics comm. overrule the blatter and the exec comm.

See above - "The FIFA establishment will sweep any allegations against Blatter under the carpet and the Swiss authorities don't want to upset the FIFA establishment". FIFA is established in Switzerland and is governed by Swiss law.

In Reply To
What would we need to do under a new regime to clean things up, at the end of the day, we need an international ethics team independent of FIFA.

While I was on with that, I think the continental bodies should be scrapped along with FIFA and start from scratch, using UEFA as an example to start with, have say a 15 person exec comm with 8 places gained by election with the other 7 being co-opted, with that management answering to a wider group, with FA Chiefs and Fans, say 50 members, set the quorum at either 50+1 or at least 55% of the vote to push things forward

Do they same with FIFA, but also setup an independent organisation along the lines Independent Police Complaints Commission, made up of independent people like DPP's, Sports Ministers, people with the legal experience, at least one fan if possible.

As a private organisation established under Swiss law, FIFA is only answerable to its members (each country's domestic FA) and Swiss law. By having a rule that governments cannot interfere with the running of its members, Blatter is able to ensure that his cronies are in power in the vast majority of FIFA's members, so very few of them will vote against him.

Cronies such as Jack Warner and Chuck Blazer have kept CONCACAF in line for a long time. The falling out between Warner and Blazer could be the first major crack - or it might not.

Platini keeps UEFA largely in line. Africa and South America are easily bought. As matters stand, Asia is the only continent that might challenge Blatter, which is why he moved to replace South Korean Chung Mong-joon with Prince Ali bin Al Hussein of Jordan early this year. Bin Hammam dared to stand against Blatter, but has been destroyed by the FIFA machinery.

Damian Collins, Conservative MP for Folkestone & Hyde, is pushing for ChangeFIFA:

From Damian Collins MP and ChangeFIFA Directors:

We have been working with Damian Collins MP to set an agenda for FIFA reform which we have included below. We are asking members of parliaments and national assemblies to sign up to this agenda to demonstrate the growing concern about the leadership of FIFA. We will shortly be publishing the names of the first people who have signed up. If you would like to add your name in support please email Damian on [email protected]

They'll need a lot of weight behind them to shift FIFA.

In Reply To
.... I understand this can be a touchy subject at times and every man and his dog will have an opinion on this.

What do others think

As I said on Monday:

I hope not, but the more likely outcome:

(1) Blatter will be re-elected unopposed.
(2) Allegations against Blatter and his cronies will be swept under the carpet.
(3) Those who dare challenge Blatter will be destroyed, at least in the football world.
(4) Platini will continue in Blatter's footsteps in four years' time.
(5) Nothing will change.

Platini describes corruption as "small problems". Blatter describes it as "some difficulties", but not a crisis.

Anyone who thinks Platini is the solution is fooling themselves. Platini supports Blatter, knowing he will succeed Blatter. He may not be as corrupt as Blatter, but he's not going to fundamentally change the system that brings him to power.

On the other hand, on 14 July 2008, I said:

Ok, it might not be that soon, but if it does happen (assuming the world survives 2012 Smile), it's not going to happen by challenging the FIFA establishment. The factors that might lead to a split will be the usual - money and power:

(1) The club v country debate is one about money - clubs pay players, countries use their services with minimal recompense, insufficient when top players are injured on international duty.
(2) The extent to which the wealth of football is concentrated in Europe, and the efforts of European clubs and leagues to develop markets outside of Europe.
(3) The distribution of wealth in European football, and how it is controlled - you have UEFA, ECA, EPFL, and the most powerful clubs and their owners.

For Platini, the move from UEFA to FIFA might be a logical step, as Europe becomes the real battleground - there is greater security of tenure as FIFA President than there is as UEFA President.

Football Insights

(This post was edited by rainjar on Jun 1, 2011, 9:06 AM)

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

Jun 1, 2011, 8:28 AM

Team(s): Darlingto

Post #18 of 53 (13636 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rainjar] FIFA [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well, I look at like this, if we walked from FIFA, we can start a new rivalries with the footballing powerhouses of Jersey, Guernsey, The Shetlands, Turkish Cyprus, thrown in Gibraltar and The Falkland Islands and there we have new rivalries

Mista Fozz

Husband, Dad, Mascot Extraordinaire and all round Idiot

nisi tu Deus, qui possit iudicare
My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

buncranaboy

Jun 1, 2011, 1:48 PM

Post #19 of 53 (13588 views)
Shortcut

Some good and some very funny comments on the BBC website about today's shennanigans; my favourite so far is :
"I think England should follow Scotland's lead and never play in the World Cup again" Sly

One of the comments I concur with :

"seems to me more like evidence of how out of touch and sync english football is with the rest of the world. embarassing.
it is hypocrisy to pretend england hate corruption more than anyone else. this is about a selfish grievance and the level of denial expressed in this wounded self righteousness is truly shocking.many people seem to have convinced themselves of their shrill rhetoric.no one is listening"

The FA, no paragons of virtue themselves, have played this really badly - ill-timed and no sign of a candidate of their own to champion when they knew for years when this election was due to happen.

And one other comment to consider :

"The "Home Nations" control 50% of the votes on changing the laws of the game; the rest of the world wonders who exactly are the "Home Nations"? Cue demands for a British national team or withdrawal/banning from UEFA/FIFA tournaments for all British club and national sides."

All good fun, and front-page news only in Britain. Why is that ?

villahopper
First Team Star

Jun 1, 2011, 5:08 PM

Post #20 of 53 (13553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] FIFA [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Some good and some very funny comments on the BBC website about today's shennanigans; my favourite so far is :
"I think England should follow Scotland's lead and never play in the World Cup again" Sly

One of the comments I concur with :

"seems to me more like evidence of how out of touch and sync english football is with the rest of the world. embarassing.
it is hypocrisy to pretend england hate corruption more than anyone else. this is about a selfish grievance and the level of denial expressed in this wounded self righteousness is truly shocking.many people seem to have convinced themselves of their shrill rhetoric.no one is listening"

The FA, no paragons of virtue themselves, have played this really badly - ill-timed and no sign of a candidate of their own to champion when they knew for years when this election was due to happen.

And one other comment to consider :

"The "Home Nations" control 50% of the votes on changing the laws of the game; the rest of the world wonders who exactly are the "Home Nations"? Cue demands for a British national team or withdrawal/banning from UEFA/FIFA tournaments for all British club and national sides."

All good fun, and front-page news only in Britain. Why is that ?

So. Everything OK at FIFA then in your opinion ?

Isaac

Jun 1, 2011, 5:46 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #21 of 53 (13542 views)
Shortcut

Breaking news is that Blatter has been re-elected.

I had wondered why there were people dancing in the street as I drove home from work!

VP

Jun 1, 2011, 5:56 PM

Post #22 of 53 (13537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] FIFA [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

From Twitter:

"Your Sky Sports subscription is doing as much harm to football as Blatter, in my humble ..."

"You hate FIFA so bad you boycotted the last World Cup innit. Me too. Didn't watch a minute."

"Serious Question: How many of you are willing to back up your big talk and boycott World Cup Brazil 2014 in protest against FIFA?"

"I think morals are long gone, it's now about not consuming the product so the manufacturer isforced to change the product"

etc. You get the picture.

The writer may even be a member of this forum....

http://twitter.com/#!/damon_th

buncranaboy

Jun 1, 2011, 7:58 PM

Post #23 of 53 (13509 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I think the FA have little credibility and no scruples themselves; when the game in this country sorts itself out, then by all means go and lecture the rest of the world in how it should be done.
I could substitute the FAI instead of the FA but you get the picture.

In any event, it will all be forgotten about when The Greatest League In The World kicks-off again in August so chill out and smile at the duplicity of EVERYONE involved.

villahopper
First Team Star

Jun 1, 2011, 8:02 PM

Post #24 of 53 (13506 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I think the FA have little credibility and no scruples themselves; when the game in this country sorts itself out, then by all means go and lecture the rest of the world in how it should be done.
I could substitute the FAI instead of the FA but you get the picture.

In any event, it will all be forgotten about when The Greatest League In The World kicks-off again in August so chill out and smile at the duplicity of EVERYONE involved.

But the NFL starts in September !! (Hopefully)

jon b
First Team Star

Jun 1, 2011, 10:51 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #25 of 53 (13476 views)
Shortcut

I'm not taking it seriously unless it's written in green crayon. Tongue I use nothing else.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3