Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 32 Next page Last page  View All

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 25, 2011, 11:16 PM

Team(s): Stevenage FC & Buckland Athletic

Post #276 of 790 (10056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fireworks being let off before Bonfire Night. Had some going off in Torbay earlier this eveningMad

Stevenage FC - Hertfordshire's finest!
Buckland Athletic- Pride of South Devon!

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 26, 2011, 11:22 AM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #277 of 790 (10038 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paignton-nick] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The phrase "Soccer mom".

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 26, 2011, 1:20 PM

Post #278 of 790 (10026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
White van drivers.

Especially those that try to ram themselves up your exhaust pipe (and no, that's not a sexual euphemism!) as happened to me yesterday.

Then again, it was probably my own fault for only doing 40mph on a 40mph road.

On the occasions when I'm not in a rush and that happens to me I just slow down and hold them up even more. Sometimes they 'get it' and back off and I go back to the speed limit. Those that are too thick to get the message find themselves getting to their destination later than if they'd given me some room.

I'm waiting for the day when I'll have the opportunity to get out and speak to one of the 'thicker' types directly.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Moorsider
First Team Star

Jun 28, 2011, 3:20 PM

Team(s): Kirkbymoorside (Wearside League)

Post #279 of 790 (9962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
And don't get me started on cyclists that seem to think that road traffic laws don't actually apply to them.

(A bit like BMW drivers TBH).

Not all road traffic laws do apply to cylclists, for example I don't have to tax, insure or have an MOT for my bicycle!

Well, many people think perhaps you should. And probably throw in an official cycling test too before being allowed on the public highway.

A genuine supporter of NON LEAGUE FOOTBALL

Games seen this season 169 (Last Season 186)
Last game Bardsey v Boroughbridge
(West Yorks League Cup @ Knaresboro)
Result 5 - 1
Grounds visited 93 (Last Season 83)
New grounds this season 28
Last new ground - Sunderland WE, South Hylton
Goals Seen 624 (Last Season 672)
Red Cards 21 (Last Season 39)
Miles travelled 12710.9 (Last Season 13987.5)

UKPunk

Jun 28, 2011, 3:55 PM

Post #280 of 790 (9956 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Moorsider] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
And don't get me started on cyclists that seem to think that road traffic laws don't actually apply to them.

(A bit like BMW drivers TBH).

Not all road traffic laws do apply to cylclists, for example I don't have to tax, insure or have an MOT for my bicycle!

Well, many people think perhaps you should. And probably throw in an official cycling test too before being allowed on the public highway.

As a cyclist myself I entirely agree with you. I think everyone should have to pass a cycle proficiency teat before they are allowed on the road.

I'd also make those people who drive electric motability vehicles take a test as well. Not only are they dangerous, it is questionable just how many people in the Clacton area who use them are compos mentis enough to do so safely.

As an example my mother-in-law wants one but we've refused to sanction it as we know she'd kill someone within a week!! Crazy

jrev61

Jun 28, 2011, 8:17 PM

Team(s): None

Post #281 of 790 (9933 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I did pass a Cycling Proficiency test when I was about 8.
It was at the second attempt, the first time the front wheel came off the bike!
If cyclists have to take tests, then this should also apply to pedestrians, especially women with prams.

jrev61

garethwrexy

Jun 28, 2011, 8:17 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #282 of 790 (9933 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

low flying planes at night !

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

dottirofhod

Jul 1, 2011, 1:47 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #283 of 790 (9865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Far too many in normal life so will stick to this Forum.
1. Too many posters asking simple questions which can easily be answered by looking themselves. E.g. I'll be in Manchester on Saturday , any games, how do I get to ground etc.
2. People asking for fixtures / cup draws months before they come out !
3. Posters not adding a clickable link.
4. Hacks having a go at the grammar of certain posters. They should concentrate on checking there facts for there next article.
4. Pretend know alls , this site abounds with them.
5. People posting on the 'Football Where did you Go' that they went a Rugby/Cricket match which they have added to the 'Other Sports Section , if I was at all interested in those sports I would have looked there in the first place !
6. Posting something and then saying more details/full story are on my blog at -----------.
7. Signatures of posters , what a bunch of posers. Have all signatures not showing , but look occasionally for a laugh.
8. The sycophants , not too many but one certain Worcestershire one springs to mind.
9. The ingratitude of a few , there are some on here I will not answer.
Finger hurting , bed time. May carry on tomorrow, 'Gud night'
Continued,
10.Posters not accepting their mistakes and trying to squirm out of it.
11.Posters insisting on repeating a post in full when replying to it instead of just the relevant point.
11 (A). Posters insisting on repeating a post in full when replying to it instead of just the relevant point should be stopped.
12.Posters insisting on posting in 'Where are you going' when they have no idea. Then changing mind umpteen times and insisting on telling all.
13.Mods deleting personal messages and binning a load of useful info.
14.Last worders. Insisting on finishing an argument when losing it.
15. No kick off times mentioned especially when doubles/trebles attempted, I like working out how much of each game you miss.
16.Posters putting wrong scores down through leaving early , one poster has done it twice recently.
17. Posting reams of fixtures when a link would suffice.
18. Posts being deleted on the whim of an individual without explanation.
19. People with no balls and not having their reply privately option enabled.
20. Womens football on Where did you go, there is a womens section.
21. Repetitive posting, its not too difficult to check with the search posts option.
22. Advertising.
23. Journalists.
24. People who complain a lot.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Jul 1, 2011, 12:52 PM)

UKPunk

Jul 1, 2011, 12:23 PM

Post #284 of 790 (9826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
7. Signatures of posters , what a bunch of posers. Have all signatures not showing , but look occasionally for a laugh.

That reminds me, I must update my signature seeing as today is the first day of the new season. Tongue

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Jul 1, 2011, 1:12 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #285 of 790 (9813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Far too many in normal life so will stick to this Forum.
1. Too many posters asking simple questions which can easily be answered by looking themselves. E.g. I'll be in Manchester on Saturday , any games, how do I get to ground etc.
2. People asking for fixtures / cup draws months before they come out !
3. Posters not adding a clickable link.
4. Hacks having a go at the grammar of certain posters. They should concentrate on checking there facts for there next article.
4. Pretend know alls , this site abounds with them.
5. People posting on the 'Football Where did you Go' that they went a Rugby/Cricket match which they have added to the 'Other Sports Section , if I was at all interested in those sports I would have looked there in the first place !
6. Posting something and then saying more details/full story are on my blog at -----------.
8. The sycophants , not too many but one certain Worcestershire one springs to mind.
9. The ingratitude of a few , there are some on here I will not answer.
Finger hurting , bed time. May carry on tomorrow, 'Gud night'
Continued,
10.Posters not accepting their mistakes and trying to squirm out of it.
11.Posters insisting on repeating a post in full when replying to it instead of just the relevant point.
11 (A). Posters insisting on repeating a post in full when replying to it instead of just the relevant point should be stopped.
12.Posters insisting on posting in 'Where are you going' when they have no idea. Then changing mind umpteen times and insisting on telling all.
13.Mods deleting personal messages and binning a load of useful info.
14.Last worders. Insisting on finishing an argument when losing it.
15. No kick off times mentioned especially when doubles/trebles attempted, I like working out how much of each game you miss.
16.Posters putting wrong scores down through leaving early , one poster has done it twice recently.
17. Posting reams of fixtures when a link would suffice.
18. Posts being deleted on the whim of an individual without explanation.
19. People with no balls and not having their reply privately option enabled.
21. Repetitive posting, its not too difficult to check with the search posts option.
22. Advertising.
23. Journalists.
24. People who complain a lot.

I'm going to one of three as yet to be decided rugby league matches this weekend, fixtures can be found here

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

dottirofhod

Jul 1, 2011, 1:23 PM

Post #286 of 790 (9811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I'm going to one of three as yet to be decided rugby league matches this weekend, fixtures can be found here

Thank you Eddie, read 11 and 11A.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 1, 2011, 2:03 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #287 of 790 (9791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or

Lets have a look at how many of these 24 annoyances I'm in breach of...

2. People asking for fixtures / cup draws months before they come out ! - Guilty
3. Posters not adding a clickable link. - Guilty on a couple of occasions
7. Signatures of posters , what a bunch of posers. Have all signatures not showing , but look occasionally for a laugh. - Guilty
9. The ingratitude of a few , there are some on here I will not answer. - Possibly guilty of this?
Continued,
10.Posters not accepting their mistakes and trying to squirm out of it. - Same answer as 9
12.Posters insisting on posting in 'Where are you going' when they have no idea. Then changing mind umpteen times and insisting on telling all. - Definitely guilty, but games change for a reason!
15. No kick off times mentioned especially when doubles/trebles attempted, I like working out how much of each game you miss. - Especially guilty at times, though not as much as I once was!
16.Posters putting wrong scores down through leaving early , one poster has done it twice recently. - Never done this, always check the correct score before posting
21. Repetitive posting, its not too difficult to check with the search posts option. - Maybe guilty
23. Journalists. - I could be guilty of this but most journalists and news corps have their own agenda.
24. People who complain a lot - Guilty of this one I think

So I'm either guilty of or possibly guilty of 11/24 annoyances... I better keep my mouth shut!! Cool

(This post was edited by Chapeltom on Jul 1, 2011, 2:04 PM)

dottirofhod

Jul 1, 2011, 2:12 PM

Post #288 of 790 (9787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

But at least your honest Tom , just try to do better in the future.

garethwrexy

Jul 1, 2011, 3:04 PM

Post #289 of 790 (9775 views)
Shortcut

radio 4 its so dull !

Moorsider
First Team Star

Jul 1, 2011, 3:30 PM

Team(s): Kirkbymoorside (Wearside League)

Post #290 of 790 (9769 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Those warning notices on packets of nuts, you know, the ones that say

"Warning, may contain nuts !"

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 1, 2011, 3:54 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #291 of 790 (9765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Moorsider] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Like a certain supermarket's frozen mixed veg says

"Suitable for Vegetarians"

Now someone please tell me, what sort of frozen mixed veg wouldn't be suitable for the veggies?

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

garethwrexy

Jul 1, 2011, 4:06 PM

Post #292 of 790 (9762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

the train to wrexham is delayed by 5 minutes ! gets on my wick.

sjosta
First Team Regular

Jul 1, 2011, 4:57 PM

Team(s): Groundhopper, ABE

Post #293 of 790 (9754 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Lets have a look at how many of these 24 annoyances I'm in breach of...

-

I suppose that was me ... but I insist that I only did it once; the penalty shoot out at the end of the game has no bearing on the score of the game! It may affect the result, but I don't go for the result, I go for the football.

Nothing really annoys me though; I'm so Effen cool, oh apart from ................ (see my blog)

Football seen in: Scotland (268 grounds), England (969), Germany (289), Sweden (208), Netherlands (67), Wales (27), Ireland (S&N)(23/4), Austria (9), France (6), Denmark(5), Belgium(3),Italy(2), Luxembourg (2), Spain (2), Liechtenstein, Jersey, Switzerland, Canada
Figures correct(ish) at end of season 14-15 (1898 total)
For all your Fife needs:
Fife Junior History

(This post was edited by sjosta on Jul 2, 2011, 3:57 PM)

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 1, 2011, 8:51 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #294 of 790 (9720 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
the train to wrexham is delayed by 5 minutes ! gets on my wick.

Means less time spent in Wrexham. Winner Tongue

Fanatic
First Team Star

Jul 1, 2011, 9:54 PM

Team(s):

Post #295 of 790 (9709 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

There are also sections for Other British Isles and Premier and Football League. I therefore assume that anyone attending matches outside of English non-League is not welcome in the Where did you go section in your eyes?

dottirofhod

Jul 1, 2011, 10:17 PM

Post #296 of 790 (9700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

There are also sections for Other British Isles and Premier and Football League. I therefore assume that anyone attending matches outside of English non-League is not welcome in the Where did you go section in your eyes?

Come on Ponte answer her.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 1, 2011, 11:03 PM

Post #297 of 790 (9688 views)
Shortcut

People who insist on telling us where they are posting from.

I am currently on a park bench supping Buckfast.

dottirofhod

Jul 1, 2011, 11:29 PM

Post #298 of 790 (9678 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
People who insist on telling us where they are posting from.

I am currently on a park bench supping Buckfast.

Absolute gem , you must have been typing this from your bench at the same moment as the person your refering to, judging by the posting times ?
See 'Where did you go' July 1.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 2, 2011, 9:41 AM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #299 of 790 (9629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hmmmm is Buckfast a Northernism for breakfast?

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 2, 2011, 10:41 PM

Post #300 of 790 (9593 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Random & Pointless Things That Really Annoy You [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not just breakfast ... dinner and tea as well.

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 32 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3