acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 14, 2011, 2:22 PM

Post #1 of 8 (3395 views)
Shortcut
Hampshire 2004 2011/12 Can't Post or

Don' think we have had this one, sorry if we have

LEAGUE COMPOSITION 2011-2012 913 down from 160

Botley Village, Broughton , Crusaders, Durley, Fair Oak, Four Marks, Horndean United, Infinity, Michelmersh & Timsbury, Mottisfont,Netley Central Sports, Portsmouth Royal Navy, Upham.

No new teams but we lose Andover Res, Hythe Res and Hedge End to Hampshire Premier.

HarryC
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 14, 2011, 7:45 PM

Team(s): Fleet, Aldershot, Chelsea

Post #2 of 8 (3305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Hampshire 2004 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Andover Reserves went to the new Wyvern league

Dylan's Dad
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 15, 2011, 8:55 AM

Team(s): Gillingham

Post #3 of 8 (3233 views)
Shortcut

What does "913 down from 160" mean..........?

La la la
La la la
Life is football
-- Robb Johnson

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 15, 2011, 9:13 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #4 of 8 (3228 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dylan's Dad] Hampshire 2004 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It means someone has missed the shift key and typed 90 instead of ().

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

acmold

Jul 15, 2011, 9:19 AM

Post #5 of 8 (3222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Hampshire 2004 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
It means someone has missed the shift key and typed 90 instead of ().

I think it actually means I lifted and pasted everything from the Hants 2004 website and then changed some of the text (deleting sec and phones numbers) and as Leo says ( ) seems to have come out as 9 0.

16 down to 13, losing said three clubs.

Sarumio

Jul 15, 2011, 9:56 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #6 of 8 (3209 views)
Shortcut

Isn't it about time they came to their senses and became the Hampshire Premier League Division One. Surely its only a matter of time.

Having two Hampshire Leagues like this is just plain nonsense. The 2004 league, not being part of step 7 is just 'floating' around and its champion/better clubs effectively take promotion to the HPL already anyway, like Hedge End Rangers did this summer.

Carrying on alone in this manner, with very few numbers now, the 2004 give off the vibe that they are people that won't admit defeat even when it is staring them in the face at point blank range.

Oh and they couldn't update and maintain a league table if it kicked them up the bum. I mean how hard is that really. I never did see the final table from the season just gone.....i don't think a final one even existed.....

acmold

Jul 15, 2011, 10:10 AM

Post #7 of 8 (3200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Hampshire 2004 2011/12 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Isn't it about time they came to their senses and became the Hampshire Premier League Division One. Surely its only a matter of time.

Having two Hampshire Leagues like this is just plain nonsense. The 2004 league, not being part of step 7 is just 'floating' around and its champion/better clubs effectively take promotion to the HPL already anyway, like Hedge End Rangers did this summer.

Carrying on alone in this manner, with very few numbers now, the 2004 give off the vibe that they are people that won't admit defeat even when it is staring them in the face at point blank range.

Oh and they couldn't update and maintain a league table if it kicked them up the bum. I mean how hard is that really. I never did see the final table from the season just gone.....i don't think a final one even existed.....

Someone told me last night they thought they had read that for the 2012/13 this may be happening. On the other hand 13 is a very small number and the way the league loses clubs it may well disappear in the near future.

Of course the 2004 was formed before the Premier which only came about because of the Wessex having three divisions for a season or two, which meant the old Hampshire League folded, and then the Wessex kicked out a load of clubs who formed the Premier. The 2004 was actually set up for those clubs that did not jump ship to the Wessex.

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 15, 2011, 10:33 AM

Post #8 of 8 (3186 views)
Shortcut

Of course the 2004 was formed before the Premier which only came about because of the Wessex having three divisions for a season or two, which meant the old Hampshire League folded, and then the Wessex kicked out a load of clubs who formed the Premier. The 2004 was actually set up for those clubs that did not jump ship to the Wessex.

And fair play to those clubs who realised they wouldnt ever get or need a stand, floodlights etc but wanted to play a reasonable level of football.

How the Wessex Lge were allowed to railroad 100 years of history in the original Hampshire league only to discard the clubs 3 years later when it was clear to all and sundry the likes of Colden Common and Otterbourne would never get hard standing let alone lights or a stand is a disgrace IMHO.

I understand the HL 2004 had a EGM sometime earlier this year about merging with the HPL but have heard nothing further since.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3