Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
Best Non Pyramid League in London?

First page Previous page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 31 Next page Last page  View All

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 22, 2011, 7:24 PM

Post #351 of 757 (30031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] FA National Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I didn't "count" Barnes Albion as they play in a Middlesex league and enter Middlesex County cups (not LFA cups).

Barnes Albion enter the Surrey Cup, along with Hazelhurst, The Lounge etc. Albion won the Surrey Sunday Senior Cup last season.

(This post was edited by VP on Nov 22, 2011, 7:25 PM)

Isaac

Nov 22, 2011, 8:04 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #352 of 757 (30015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] FA National Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A bit of a mystery as to why London teams don't do very well apart from the obvious one that maybe they are just not good enough?

I would think Hetton Lyons or one of the Merseyside teams will be favourites.

Maybe Comet Sports who reached the semi final last year? I saw them win at Bedfont Sunday in the quarter final and they looked a decent side. I don't know much about Barnes Albion but they're obviously a good side.

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 22, 2011, 8:04 PM

Post #353 of 757 (30015 views)
Shortcut
Re: Barnes Albion [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

LOL Isaac: "A bit of a mystery as to why London teams don't do very well apart from the obvious one that maybe they are just not good enough?"

You may be right. Or perhaps Sunday football is taken more seriously up north than it is down south, and is not treated with some of the same snobbery up there as it is in southern areas?

VP, Barnes Albion play in the West Middlesex League and played in the final of the Middlesex Sunday Cup last year. The Lounge and Hazlehurst play in the Morden & District League - Morden being a neighbourhood in south London. That said, Barnes Albion are a strange case because they enter both the Middlesex AND Surrey county cups!

I hear several Barnes players also play semi-pro on Saturdays for Harefield United in the Spartan South Midlands League.

(This post was edited by stevegraze on Nov 22, 2011, 8:47 PM)

Mishi

Nov 22, 2011, 9:26 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #354 of 757 (30005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] Barnes Albion [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

How about..& this is just me surmising, in the north-east, & up Liverpool way, there is not such a strong non-league presence at Step Four & above in non-league football, & thus, almost certainly less contract Saturday players.

I think Saturday contracted players may not be allowed in the FA Sunday Cup? can anyone confirm if I'm right or not? And if so, is my guess valid?

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

Isaac

Nov 22, 2011, 9:42 PM

Post #355 of 757 (30001 views)
Shortcut

Yes it might just be that Sunday League football is taken more seriously up north and players are more willing to travel further afield to away games.

There doesn't seem to be any Kent based teams at all entering the FA Sunday Cup.

AndrewG
First Team Star

Nov 23, 2011, 10:04 PM

Team(s):

Post #356 of 757 (29964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Barnes Albion [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
How about..& this is just me surmising, in the north-east, & up Liverpool way, there is not such a strong non-league presence at Step Four & above in non-league football, & thus, almost certainly less contract Saturday players.

I think Saturday contracted players may not be allowed in the FA Sunday Cup? can anyone confirm if I'm right or not? And if so, is my guess valid?

A reasonable point, and you are right that contracted players cannot play for a second club. It probably pertains more to the north-east, where there are not many clubs playing above step five.

Certainly it would seem that the leading Liverpool Saturday clubs must operate with mainly non-contract players. I've seen a number of Marine (step three) players in the FA Sunday Cup over the past couple of seasons, and of course Vauxhall Motors (step two) player Leighton McGivern is a regular for current holders Oyster Martyrs.

One added complication though for Liverpool Sunday teams is the number of Liverpool based players playing their Saturday football along the North Wales coast. That automatically excludes them from Sunday football, contract or not, as international clearance would be needed each time they switch. One club has already fallen foul of that rule this season, and Canada were famously expelled in those circumstances after a semi-final win a few years ago.

In reply to the earlier question of who are favourites, probably Hetton Lyons, but this competition is probably the most difficult FA competition to call, and by the time you get past the first couple of rounds, just about anybody can beat anybody else. I just have a feeling the challenge from the south-east might be stronger this year than it has been for a long time, and there should be some interesting games when the competition draw goes national - which is usually at the last eight stage.

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 24, 2011, 8:36 PM

Post #357 of 757 (29916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewG] Barnes Albion [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

AndrewG - great points. I didn't realise that about Liverpool players along the Welsh border.

I think Hetton Lyons are favourites again, plus they have added cohesion bc most of their players play together for two Saturday teams: Spennymoor and Shildon. The London challenge will come from Hazelhurst and New Salamis. However they (esp New Salamis) won't have the same continuity as Hetton as many of their semi-pro players play for different Saturday sides.

Mishi

Nov 24, 2011, 10:40 PM

Post #358 of 757 (29904 views)
Shortcut

Indeed, the cross-border thing never occured to me. Do Welsh non-league clubs simply pay more money than English north-west ones then?

I will be tempted to go to New Salamis in the next round, does anyone know where they will play their game?

Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 24, 2011, 10:59 PM

Team(s): Edmonton Rovers (Sunday League) ...and whoever I film for !

Post #359 of 757 (29895 views)
Shortcut
Re: New Salamis [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Don't know if this link will work, but hopefully it should go through to New Salamis current squad as listed on the KOPA (Cypriot Sunday) League website.
As you might expect, plenty of well-known Ryman League players there, including Wealdstone's Dave Hicks, who is also registered with our Waltham Sunday League Division One rivals Enfield Crusaders.
There are also at least two players in their squad who have played in Conference South, while they appear to have the pick of the best local Cypriot players from the North London area...as you would expect.

...and here is FC Tripimeni's squad. Very strong again, but not as many well-known names as New Salamis.

http://www.hughesvideoservices.co.uk
http://www.edmontonrovers.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/hughesvideo

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 24, 2011, 11:03 PM

Post #360 of 757 (29892 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I will be tempted to go to New Salamis in the next round, does anyone know where they will play their game?

They play at Cheshunt F.C., Mishi.
...and not just their National Sunday Cup games. They hire the stadium out for all their League matches as well !

Mishi

Nov 24, 2011, 11:08 PM

Post #361 of 757 (29888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HughesVideo] Barnes Albion [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Marvellous! Not only have I not got photos of that ground, I've never been there before! I might save it for 'run of the mill' league match, & wait to see where the other Sunday Cup ties are...

Do any other Sunday sides in London & the Home Counties play at built up non-league grounds? 'Built up' being fully railed off, or more?

(This post was edited by Mishi on Nov 24, 2011, 11:10 PM)

Isaac

Nov 24, 2011, 11:34 PM

Post #362 of 757 (29880 views)
Shortcut

Barnes Albion played at Hanworth Villa in the last round and FC Tripimeni at Cockfosters in the first round.

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 24, 2011, 11:56 PM

Post #363 of 757 (29873 views)
Shortcut
Re: Sunday Team Built-Up Home Gounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Do any other Sunday sides in London & the Home Counties play at built up non-league grounds? 'Built up' being fully railed off, or more?

There are three in the Waltham Sunday League (Enfield/Cheshunt area).

Broxbourne Saints play at Hertford Town F.C. (in the stadium as far as I know). I don't think there are pitches outside ?
Lea Valley Royals play on Wormley Rovers' Herts Senior County League pitch. (Railed-off with dugouts and a clubhouse behind one goal).
Cuffley play on their Saturday side's pitch (as far as I know). Also in the Herts Senior County League, same set-up as Wormley.
My team are in the same division as Cuffley but we are yet to play them this season, so no You Tube highlights yet.

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 26, 2011, 1:28 AM

Post #364 of 757 (29832 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HughesVideo] New Salamis [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hughesvideo, New Salamis' squad is VERY strong. I recognise GK Michael Kalli, David Hicks, Jeff Hammond, Dougie Morton, Michael Deane, Steve Valendia, Richard Georgiou, George Gregoriou, and Dean Fenton - all as current/former semi-pro players at Ryman and Essex Senior League level (Steps 4 and 5)....and those are just the players I have heard of! They probably have other semi-pro players on their books.

As I've said before they face a big test in the 2nd of the LFA Sunday Challenge Cup this weekend away to Fulham Utd. New Salamis beat Fulham very narrowly in the quarter-final last year, and it is sure to be another close game this time.

Another big clash is Clapton Rangers -v- North London Olympians. 27 goals have been scored in Clapton's last two games so this is likely to be a high scoring game! Clapton won 16-0 two weeks ago, then got thumped 3-8 in a league game last week. Not sure what is going on at Clapton Rangers Shocked this season as they have several semi pro-players who play for Bishop's Stortford (Ade Cole) in the Conference, Waltham Forest (Ben Gracey and Michael Filletti) in the Ryman League, and Enfield in the Essex Senior League (Bradley Drisdale).

Yet they have won only one league game this season.

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 26, 2011, 10:04 AM

Post #365 of 757 (29820 views)
Shortcut
Re:London FA Sunday Junior Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have just been having a look at who is through to the Fourth Round of the London F.A. Sunday Junior Cup (to be played in January).
Some of the Third Round results are not listed yet, but I have found out who won most of them and here is how the Fourth Round draw looks:
Burgess United v. Inter Trac
I expect Inter Trac to get through this one, having beaten my team 3-0 in Pre-Season. They are a good side with Enfield Town 'legend' David Allen playing for them.
Ship v. Cultural
These two are both in the Sportsmans Sunday League but Cultural are a mid-table side in the top Division, so what are they doing in the Junior Cup ? Most teams in the top division of that League go in the Challenge or Intermediate Cups. The Ship are in the division below (mid-table), so this will be a tough game for them. I hope they get through as they have booked me to film a number of matches for them over the years and they are a good bunch of lads.
Bari Reserves v. AFC Avalon
Both of these teams are in the Essex F.A. affiliated Independent Sunday League...which doesn't appear to have a website, so it's difficult to know how many divisions there are in that League nowadays. There used to be three. I found a League Table here on a club website and they are both evenly-matched in their Premier Division.
Bromley Knights v. Tristars & Deloitte
This is likely to be a good-standard match as Bromley Knights are in the same division as Baldon Sports First Team in the Orpington & Bromley Sunday League (second division down), while Tristars & Deloitte are the top team in the London Accountants' League and highly-rated.
Greenhouse Bethwin v. Bozcader or Santley Lions (Can't find the result of that one anywhere).
Greenhouse Bethwin are the best team in the West End (AFA) Sunday League. They should win this one whoever they play.
Brixton Old Boys v. Lord Stanley
Lord Stanley are probably the best team in this competition. They are currently top of the second division down in the Essex Sunday Combination, and that is a very strong League. Brixton Old Boys are struggling in the Maccabi League.
Docklands Athletic v. Enfield Royals
Enfield Royals are from my team's League. They are now a mid-table side in Division Three but they still have a lot of players signed up who played for them when they were in the Premier Division 2 or 3 years ago and it appears they are wheeling those players out for this competition and giving others a game in League matches. (It is supposed to be their old Reserve side having dropped their First Team out).
Docklands Athletic though are top of the top Division in the London & Kent Border League ! They run three teams in that League but this definitely appears to be their First Team as they have not entered the LFA Challenge or Intermediate Cups...unless they enter Kent County Cups ?
Beresford United v. Tufnell Park Rangers
Beresford United are another very good side from the North London Sunday League who I filmed in a couple of League Cup Finals last season (against Inter Trac). They had Montserrat International Nyron Dyer playing for them (amongst others) and I would expect them to get through this one. Tufnell Park Rangers play in something called 'The London Football League'. It's an Astroturf League and like Powerleague, you have to be a registered player with the League to view the League Tables ! They are therefore a bit of a mystery ! Wink

I would say the winners of the LFA Sunday Junior Cup this season will be one out of Tristars & Deloitte, Greenhouse Bethwin, Lord Stanley or Docklands Athletic. I hope I'm wrong though, as I would like to see one of the four teams I have seen/played against before get through. (Inter Trac, Ship, Enfield Royals or Beresford United). We shall see.

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 28, 2011, 5:05 PM

Post #366 of 757 (29720 views)
Shortcut
LFA Sunday Challenge Cup - 2nd Round Results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well gents, it looks like I was right (not bragging!) in predicting a tough match for New Salamis against Fulham Utd. Fulham Utd indeed avenged their QF defeat to New Salamis last year by knocking the holders New Salamis out of the Challenge Cup yesterday at Fulham's difficult home pitch. Fulham Utd (unbeaten this season) beat New Salamis 4-2. That is New Salamis' first LFA defeat for 3 years. Apparently New Salamis were without six first team players.
Fulham Utd now go on to face former Junior and Intermediate Cup holders Clapton Rangers who beat North London Olympians 3-2.

Other results:

Baldon Sports 1 v 1 Panthea (2-1 to Baldon AET) (Baldon's second win against Cypriot league opposition after beating Omonia in round 1)

Dees 1 v 2 Tripimeni (Aris)

Brixton Utd 1 v Eltham Town 2 (I think this is Eltham's team that play in the OBDSFL but cannot be 100% certain as they have about 6 teams playing in various leagues!)

Hatcham 0 v Akincilar 2

London Maccabi Lions 0 -v- Pearscroft United 3

Fulham Utd 4 v 2 New Salamis

Clapton Rangers 3 v North London Olympians 2

Greengate v Groundhoppers (match to be played on December 4)

Teams from south London seem over-represented in these LFA competitions. I notice that most top teams in the Metropolitan, Sportsmans, Orpingtom & Bromley and London & Kent Border Leagues tend to enter LFA County cups. All but one tie (Clapton R v NLO) had a team from one of these leagues.

Real shame that Hazelhurst do not enter LFA competitions. They have won their league for the last 3 seasons and have not finished outside the top two for 5 years. They would add real quality to the LFA Challenge Cup.

(This post was edited by stevegraze on Nov 28, 2011, 5:06 PM)

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 28, 2011, 5:43 PM

Post #367 of 757 (29711 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] LFA Sunday Challenge Cup - 2nd Round Results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes, that is Eltham Town's Orpington & Bromley Sunday League First Team who beat Brixton United.
The result is listed here at the bottom of the page.

Amazing result that New Salamis one ! Shocked
I wonder who Fulham United have got playing for them ? My team have never played them, although I think Enfield Royals from our League might have done in the past ?

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 1, 2011, 6:13 PM

Post #368 of 757 (29609 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HughesVideo] LFA Sunday Challenge Cup - 2nd Round Results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ok, a few more details on the 2nd round. Most games were very close and the winning teams scored late goals to advance. As I said New Salamis were without 6 first team players. New Salamis twice came back from behind with goals from Jeff Hammond and Steve Valendia (both of Waltham Forest - Essex Senior League). It was 2-2 with 8 minutes to go, before Fulham scored 2 late goals to win 4-2. This is still an upset as Fulham Utd were formed by a couple of brothers only 3-4 years ago and don't have access to the same factory of semi-pro players that New Salamis do (although Fulham do have a few players that have played at county level). Hughesvideo, I don't know if they have played Enfield Royals. However they did lose 1-4 to Charlton United in the LFA Intermediate Cup in 2010.

Clapton Rangers were also losing 1-2 against North London Olympians, but 2 late goals from their star striker James Smith put them through. Ashley Taylor-Forbes (of Enfield: Essex Senior League champs and current league leaders) scored their other goal. Taylor-Forbes has played for so many different semi-pro teams. In the past couple of seasons he has been on the books at AFC Hornchurch, Waltham Forest, Brimsdown Rovers, Ware and New Salamis (among others!). Interesting draws for Fulham Utd. To get through they must face the two teams that knocked them out of LFA cups in the 2 of the previous 3 seasons. Their QF match against Clapton Rangers will be a rematch of their Sunday Intermediate Cup QF match from a couple of years ago when Clapton won 3-2 AET, en route to winning the trophy in the 2009 season. However, Clapton were a better team then, while Fulham are a better team now...

Baldon Sports also came from behind to beat Panthea of the Cypriot KOPA League 2-1 AET. Baldon now have a local OBDSFL derby against Eltham Town from the same league.

Tripimeni (Aris) were tied 1-1 after 85 minutes against Dees (who Darney tipped to win this cup after Dees knocked out his previous tip Lambeth All Stars!). An 85th minute goal from Karim Essiaghi (formerly of Kentish Town FC - Spartan South Midlands League) put Tripimeni through. They play Pearscroft Utd in the QF (who narrowly lost to New Salamis in last season's final).

All the teams left are full of quality and any of them is good enough to win it. Right now any team is good enough to beat any other team. I have a feeling that the winner will emerge from the QF ties of Pearscroft Utd v Tripimeni, and Greengate/Groundhoppers v Akincilar (and yes, I realise that I tipped Greengate early on!).

(This post was edited by stevegraze on Dec 1, 2011, 7:39 PM)

Isaac

Dec 1, 2011, 6:31 PM

Post #369 of 757 (29602 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] LFA Sunday Challenge Cup - 2nd Round Results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm no expert but I'll go for Pearscroft Utd, I saw them push New Salamis all the way in last seasons cracking final despite playing over half the game with ten men.

I hope to get along to the Baldon Sports v Eltham Town tie.

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 6, 2011, 5:21 PM

Post #370 of 757 (29434 views)
Shortcut
LFA LFA Sunday Intermediate Cup - 3rd Round Preview [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Gents - next weekend is a big one with the 3rd round of the LFA Intermediate Cup AND 3rd round of the FA Sunday National Cup. Here is a preview of the Intermediate Cup (teams I predict to get through in bold):

**Lapton v Hendon Utd Sports** Definitely the tie of the round. Lapton are undefeated with a 100% record this season - 8 wins out of 8 games played. To say they started the season well is an understatement. Lapton's results this season have been: 9-2, 11-1, 3-0, 11-2, 9-1, 4-1, 7-0, 3-1. They have scored 58 goals in their first 8 games of the season! Hendon are a top quality side - top of the Maccabi Jewish League and have a number of players that play semi-pro on Saturdays in the Spartan South Midlands League. The players to watch out for in this match are Ben Lauffer of Hendon (who plays for London Maccabi Lions in the Spartan South Midlands League), and Maurice Byfield (formerly of Enfield FC - Essex Senior League) and Ahmed Salvador (formerly of Sporting Bengal - Essex Senior League) of Lapton.
Hendon might be the more refined team with more finesse, but I think Lapton's aggression, home advantage and danger in attack will see them get through in a close game. Lapton have three lethal attackers in their squad: Byfield, Daniel Stephenson and Ibby Ranks. Those guys are goal machines and they score so many goals that I just cannot see Hendon Utd keeping a clean sheet.

Sporting Santos v Charlton Utd or Hatcham Reserves (I expect Charlton Utd to beat Hatcham Res to set up a Metropolitan League derby against Sporting Santos of the same league. This will be a very close game between two undefeated teams)

Real Northern v Yalova (I expect my tip Yalova who are top of the Turkish League to overcome Real Northern who are bottom of the Sportsmans League and without a win all season)
Apoel v Caribb Club

Norton v Convoys
Koture v Albion Manor (too close to call in a game between two mid-table teams in the Turkish and Hackney and Leyton leagues respectively). Hughesvideo, as I predicted Albion Manor have slid down the table after playing teams in the top half of the table. They were in a "false" league position when they played your Edmonton Rovers. They lost 1-4 to Lapton the week before playing you, and have not won a game since)

Golden Eagles v Phoenix (Phoenix are second in the top Div of the Camden Sunday League, but it is hard to judge the quality of that once strong League. I think they will do just enough to get past their Metropolitan League opponents).

Westminster Wanderers v Sabanoh (bizarre home fixture for Westminster whose first and reserve teams compete in the same Div! Don't quite understand why their league allows this. Kennigwell Utd of the OBDSFL are also playing their reserves in a cup game!)

GRMONTHLY
Ballboy/girl

Dec 7, 2011, 8:39 AM

Team(s):

Post #371 of 757 (29410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] LFA Sunday Intermediate Cup - 2nd Round Results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sorry for the delay in posting some more information on Grass Roots Monthly, we are a magazine in its very early stages and have now working on our 3rd Issue.
If you are Interested please contact me on [email protected] , and I will arange for copies to be despatched to you.

@GRmonthly

GRMONTHLY
Ballboy/girl

Dec 7, 2011, 8:48 AM

Team(s):

Post #372 of 757 (29407 views)
Shortcut

Correct Baldon sports were 1-0 ahead and Panthea scored quickly in response

Groundhoppers are a very good side, well organised strong outfit, I am talking from experience having played them early this season for Baldon Sports in a league game.

They will take some beating in my opinion

@GRmonthly

Thesec
Junior Team Sub

Dec 7, 2011, 5:53 PM

Post #373 of 757 (29378 views)
Shortcut

Went and wathced Grrengate Vs Groundhoppers on sunday and Groundhoppers played very well indeed, we will have our work cut out in the next round. Was expecting a better performance from Greengate, but 3-0 down at half time, was a big ask agains a well organised Groundhoppers defence. 4-1 final score.

Looking forward to our meet in February.

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 7, 2011, 11:16 PM

Post #374 of 757 (29354 views)
Shortcut
Greengate and Groundhoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thesec, I presume you play for Akincilar?

I am shocked by Greengate (Intermediate Cup holders) losing 1-4 to Groundhoppers. Groundhoppers must be a good team. Moreso as Greengate have several players who play semi-pro for Tilbury (Ryman League Div 1), London APSA (Essex Senior League), and Broxbourne Borough (Spartan South Midlands League). One of their players (Lawal Alhadi) is something of a local hero. I remember once reading about him in a newspaper article - while walking one day, he apparently saved a 7 year old little boy who was being savaged by a pitbull. Alhadi attacked the pitbull, fought it off, dragged it off the boy, and carried the bleeding, unconscious boy to safety (Alhadi got injured by the pitbull himself as it attacked him while he was trying to save the boy).

I think West Ham FC gave him complimentary match tickets to a game for his bravery.

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/..._dog_attack_1_782997

Marc, who do you see as your main rivals/threats in the LFA Challenge Cup?

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 8, 2011, 12:15 AM

Post #375 of 757 (29347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] LFA LFA Sunday Intermediate Cup - 3rd Round Preview [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hughesvideo, as I predicted Albion Manor have slid down the table after playing teams in the top half of the table. They were in a "false" league position when they played your Edmonton Rovers. They lost 1-4 to Lapton the week before playing you, and have not won a game since)

Our players are kicking themselves for not taking that Albion Manor game seriously. (Too many players making themselves unavailable or going out on the p!ss the night before). We have put out a much stronger side in our two League matches since and won them both and if we were playing Albion Manor this coming Sunday we would probably beat them.

That Charlton United v. Hatcham Reserves Second Round match in the LFA Sunday Intermediate Cup is a strange one. It seems to have 'disappeared' !? Shocked
There is no mention of it here on the Metropolitan Sunday League website...as if both teams have been expelled from the competition for some reason ? Nothing on the London F.A. website either as to when the game is due to be played. That normally suggests some sort of dispute.

Hatcham Reserves are also in the Met League (in the second division down...the 'Senior' Division). Their First Team are in the OBSL and enter the LFA Sunday Challenge Cup.

(This post was edited by HughesVideo on Dec 8, 2011, 12:16 AM)

First page Previous page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 31 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3