Post #1 of 28 (2110 views)
Shortcut
sad news about whitney houston Can't Post or Reply Privately

found dead in her hotel room, age 48 RIP

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 12, 2012, 9:22 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 28 (2105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

RIP.

http://thecelebritycafe.com/...ton-songs-02-11-2012

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 105 / 89 / 16 / inc 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 12 / 11 / 2019.
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

jrev61

Feb 12, 2012, 11:07 AM

Team(s): None

Post #3 of 28 (2090 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Does that mean we'll be hearing that ghastly song 'I will always love you' on the radio all week?

jrev61

garethwrexy

Feb 12, 2012, 11:55 AM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #4 of 28 (2083 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

one night in wrexham in the horse and jockey pub, i sang one of her songs, and im not great at singing !

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

Feb 12, 2012, 1:24 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #5 of 28 (2069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
one night in wrexham in the horse and jockey pub, i sang one of her songs, and im not great at singing !

Gareth, whatever song it was I would probably prefer your rendition to hers.

Never liked Whitney Houston, but my first date with my (now) wife was to see The Bodyguard. The following week it was my turn to choose so I took her to see Candyman.

UKPunk

Feb 12, 2012, 3:30 PM

Post #6 of 28 (2051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Never liked Whitney Houston, but my first date with my (now) wife was to see The Bodyguard. The following week it was my turn to choose so I took her to see Candyman.

I'd rather listen to a pair of cats being stapled together than the tripe Sh*tney dished up!! Yes of course she had a great voice but so does Tom Jones and I can't stand the stuff he does either.

I'd be very surprised if her death wasn't due to drugs. And if it is revealed that narcotics were the cause of her demise, rather than people saying, "ahhh, poor dear," they'd be better off sitting their kids down, showing them a recent picture of her and telling tham, "That's what happens when you stuff yourself full of drugs."

Let's face facts. She wasn't a naive teenager new to the music business, wet behind the ears and at the mercy of every sh*twad that was trying to exploit her. She'd already been performing for some years before meeting Bobby Brown who seems to have been the catalyst for her descent into drug addiction. She was a grown woman who made poor choices. It would appear that she didn't or wouldn't learn from her mistakes and the fact is if you take drugs the chances are that in the end you'll pay the ultimate price.

My advice to anyone who is not a fan of hers is to go and live in a cave for the next six months while the world self flaggelates to her music, interviews, films and her life in general. Hopefully by then we can all get back to reality.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Runwell
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 12, 2012, 5:26 PM

Team(s): Team 'Impersonating other Twitter Users' - est. 2011

Post #7 of 28 (2031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I'd rather listen to a pair of cats being stapled together than the tripe Sh*tney dished up!! Yes of course she had a great voice but so does Tom Jones and I can't stand the stuff he does either.

Yep same here, like that Adele person and Katherine Jenkins a super voice, but just totally not my type of music and a must-tune-away type when driving. Then again I suppose I'm not a 30something woman called Susan with kids that laps up that type of stuff, so none of the above artists (alive or dead) would be that bothered I detest their music! A sad loss to all her friends and family though, whatever the cause, but as you say, like Amy Winehouse, not a huge surprise.

Last match:
Monday 17th October 2016
Aveley 1-1 Phoenix Sports (Isthmian League Division 1 North)

Next scheduled match:
Tuesday 18th October 2016
Burnham Ramblers v Haringey & Waltham (Essex Senior League)

sandhurstbee

Feb 12, 2012, 6:32 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #8 of 28 (2014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Runwell] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I will always love you was a classic written by Dolly Parton and butchered by Whitney Houston. Married to wife beater and junkie Bobby Brown, whose surprised shes dead? - No loss IMO.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

UKPunk

Feb 12, 2012, 7:23 PM

Post #9 of 28 (1998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I will always love you was a classic written by Dolly Parton and butchered by Whitney Houston. Married to wife beater and junkie Bobby Brown, whose surprised shes dead? - No loss IMO.

I'm not surprised that she's to blame. I can't stand what she sings either. Tongue

villahopper
First Team Star

Feb 12, 2012, 8:15 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #10 of 28 (1985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I understand there was a minutes silence at the Wales rugby game today in honour of Witney and her song about two gay Welshmen. And Dai will always love Huw

Its OK I'm getting my coat

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 12, 2012, 8:28 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #11 of 28 (1981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Let me help you on with it and phone you a taxi....

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

Isaac

Feb 13, 2012, 9:07 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #12 of 28 (1936 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

On a similar themeWink, a pub I used to frequent would put Max Bygraves on at closing time to get everybody out, very effective it was too!

jrev61

Feb 13, 2012, 7:58 PM

Post #13 of 28 (1887 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I'm not surprised that she's to blame. I can't stand what she sings either. Tongue

Poor old Dolly, she certainly has her knockers!Smile

jrev61

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 13, 2012, 8:13 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #14 of 28 (1881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Good voice perhaps; dreadful drivel ensued

cope1

Feb 13, 2012, 9:06 PM

Post #15 of 28 (1868 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I'd rather listen to a pair of cats being stapled together than the tripe Sh*tney dished up!!

Fantastic!!!

My sister played Whitney solidly from the age of 6 to 18. I don't know how I didn't kill her. I don't mind the early stuff but the warbling Bodyguard type stuff makes me feel ill.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 13, 2012, 9:20 PM

Post #16 of 28 (1860 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I remember a court case, widely reported at the time, of a householder who was driven to near-madness by a neighbour playing THAT song loudly, hour after hour, day after day, week after week. Not surprising that it ended up in court hearing it more than once a month would drive many to madness...

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 13, 2012, 9:50 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #17 of 28 (1850 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I understand there was a minutes silence at the Wales rugby game today in honour of Witney and her song about two gay Welshmen. And Dai will always love Huw

Its OK I'm getting my coat

Surely it's "Dai will always love ewe"? Wink

KnowYourMarket

Feb 14, 2012, 1:50 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #18 of 28 (1799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Who's Witney Houston, a Hellenic League hopper?

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

(This post was edited by KnowYourMarket on Feb 14, 2012, 1:51 PM)

garethwrexy

Feb 14, 2012, 4:21 PM

Post #19 of 28 (1777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

being buried on saturday.

jrev61

Feb 14, 2012, 5:58 PM

Post #20 of 28 (1765 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
being buried on saturday.

Sorry to hear that Gareth. This forum will miss you.Smile

jrev61

Mishi

Feb 14, 2012, 6:11 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #21 of 28 (1761 views)
Shortcut

Am watching the DVD of series two of 'An Idiot Abroad' at the moment, & Karl Pilkington gets buried in it. He doesn't die, as he has an air tube to breathe through, so maybe Gareth lives! ;-)

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

UKPunk

Feb 14, 2012, 11:45 PM

Post #22 of 28 (1716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] sad news about whitney houston [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Am watching the DVD of series two of 'An Idiot Abroad' at the moment, & Karl Pilkington gets buried in it. He doesn't die, as he has an air tube to breathe through, so maybe Gareth lives! ;-)

Not if the spelling police of the forum have anything to do with it he won't! Cool

jrev61

Feb 15, 2012, 7:21 PM

Post #23 of 28 (1680 views)
Shortcut

Good thing he didn't choose to be cremated.Smile

jrev61

garethwrexy

Feb 21, 2012, 9:05 AM

Post #24 of 28 (1528 views)
Shortcut

just hope people remember her for her talent and not the drugs

UKPunk

Feb 21, 2012, 12:56 PM

Post #25 of 28 (1505 views)
Shortcut

Sadly, I'll remember her for the crap music she released. Unsure

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3