Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Combined Counties League 2012-13

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

May 18, 2012, 8:51 PM

Post #1 of 25 (10799 views)
Shortcut
Combined Counties League 2012-13 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thought I'd stick the various things that are happening in one thread. This isn't official - just my thoughts. Apologies in advance if this seems patronising to some people.

As we know, Guildford City are going up to step 4.

Coming down we could have Whyteleafe. Whyteleafe have told the FA they'd like to go to the Kent League though.

If Whyteleafe don't come in there's a possibility we could have Dorking Wanderers put into the Premier Division. They've applied to join the league and finished in a promotion spot in Sussex 2 last season. It depends on the outcome of their ground grading as it's rumoured there may have been a couple of issues. If the ground isn't up to scratch then I assume they'll be let into CCL1.

Going down from the Premier Division are Banstead Athletic, Mole Valley SCR and Chessington & Hook United. Chessington are first in line for a reprieve should neither Whyteleafe nor Dorking Wanderers join the division.

Coming up from Division 1 are Guernsey, Bedfont Sports and Hartley Wintney. All three have the grading.

Joining Division 1 are AFC Croydon Athletic (confirmed), Epsom Athletic (winners of the Surrey Elite and almost certain to be allowed in) and possibly Southall. Southall's application depends on how many teams from the Middlesex League the FA allow up as others from the league have applied to join various step 6 divisions.

Bookham are resigning from Division 1 to join the Surrey Elite League. They can't afford the groundshare at Dorking any more so are moving back to Chrystie Rec. which hasn't got the grading for step 6 football. It might have been allowed in the past but not these days.

Next season I believe relegation from Division 1 will be based on ground grading first. There aren't many teams left without lights and stuff but sadly a couple of clubs won't get the grading at their current locations so are looking at being forced down. I have no idea if they'll be relegated even if the division isn't full or whether they'll only go down if there are clubs to replace them.

We'll see what happens at the AGM.

**edited to remove Fleet from the equation as they've been reprieved**

(This post was edited by VP on May 18, 2012, 9:07 PM)

wazzafan
First Team Sub

May 20, 2012, 6:55 PM

Team(s): Warrington Town

Post #2 of 25 (10544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is the Combined Counties Premier confirmed to have 22 teams for next season then? I say this with the rumours of Croyden & Whyteleafe joining the Kent League and Wembley moving to the Spartan South Midlands. Also wouldn't the Sussex league want to 'swap' with a current premier league team (e.g. Horley Town) if Dorking Wanderers move to the Combined Counties, in order to keep there numbers up to 20 teams?

Non League Projections - 2018/19: http://goo.gl/5UvkvE

Step 1: http://goo.gl/9QipfY
Step 2: http://goo.gl/VoE1oY
Step 3: http://goo.gl/Ru3jUk
Step 4: http://goo.gl/QHVmDA
Step 5: http://goo.gl/VrnrYg
Step 6: http://goo.gl/Mk86of

VP

May 20, 2012, 9:02 PM

Post #3 of 25 (10462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wazzafan] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think it's nailed on the Premier Division will have 22 clubs. How that's made up we don't know yet.

Swapping teams used to be the way it happened but these days all a club has to do is apply to the FA by March 31st. They don't need to formally resign from their current leagues or even tell their league they wish to move any more. I've no doubt the leagues involved are consulted by the FA but whether any objections by the league the club's leaving hold any weight is another matter.
Croydon have told the FA they don't want to move to the Kent League. I would expect, this season, the FA will allow then to stay in the CCL but, if they want to get the Kent league up to 20 teams, they may force the issue for 2013-14.
Wembley are always rumoured to be moving to the SSML. I have no idea if they've formally applied this season. They haven't said so.
I think this is the first season Redhill haven't been rumoured to be joining the CCL. They've always said they're happy where they are yet still the rumours persist. I reckon it's because people see maps on this site without realising those maps are just guesswork by the people who do them even if they do make sense geographically.
Redhill announced this week that they're disappointed with the scraping of the step 5 changes as they were in favour of it. They wanted to play teams like Horley and Guernsey. They haven't mentioned switching across to the CCL though and say the only way out of the Sussex League is to win it.

http://www.thisissurreytoday.co.uk/...14-detail/story.html

(This post was edited by VP on May 20, 2012, 9:06 PM)

Lee Farmie
Reserve Team Sub

May 22, 2012, 6:03 PM

Team(s): Whyteleafe

Post #4 of 25 (10112 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Almost nailed that Whyteleafe will be one of your 22.

Real ale drinker? Visiting Whyteleafe FC?
Visit the Radius Arms Micropub beforehand - It's a never ending beer festival with added conversation.

VP

May 22, 2012, 7:29 PM

Post #5 of 25 (10059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lee Farmie] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Joy. Maybe not for you, but I'm looking forward to going there. I don't think I've been there since we beat you in the Surrey Senior Cup in 1987 to set up a tasty away tie to Sutton United (that was a big game in those days). Has your ground changed much and, more importantly, do you sell decent beer? I need to know if it's find a local pub before the game or go staright to the ground.

BTW, to answer your question on NLUK, virtually everyone in the Premier Division charges 6 for standard admission. Croydon charge 7 and a couple charge 5. I doubt there'll be much change for this coming season.
7 is much more common in the Kent League.

(This post was edited by VP on May 22, 2012, 7:31 PM)

SpiderBee
First Team Sub

May 31, 2012, 9:13 AM

Team(s): Colliers Wood United & Queen's Park (Glasgow)

Post #6 of 25 (9510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lee Farmie] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Whyteleafe allocated to kent league.

The 2019/20 Colliers Wood United FC Website

wibbandune.simplesite.com/

Sarumio

May 31, 2012, 9:20 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #7 of 25 (9505 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SpiderBee] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Kent League up to their usual tricks I see - obviously have some one high up in the FA committee who, out of sheer desperation drags clubs from anywhere into the division to keep it as a viable league!

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 31, 2012, 9:29 AM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #8 of 25 (9495 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Kent League up to their usual tricks I see - obviously have some one high up in the FA committee who, out of sheer desperation drags clubs from anywhere into the division to keep it as a viable league!

No they asked to join the KPL.
Don't have anyone on the leagues committee as far as i know.

Sarumio

May 31, 2012, 9:36 AM

Post #9 of 25 (9488 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

No they asked to join the KPL. In that case I am surprised!
Don't have anyone on the leagues committee as far as i know. Really? I'm sure it made perfect sense to everyone outside Kent for them to have a step 6 league formed made out of tin pot Step 7 clubs with absurdly under-developed and basic grounds. I can really see that decision being made with no influence from someone with Kentish football close to their heart!!!

SpiderBee
First Team Sub

May 31, 2012, 10:02 AM

Team(s): Colliers Wood United & Queen's Park (Glasgow)

Post #10 of 25 (9456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I hear Dorking Wanderers are NOT joining the CCL!
CCL constitution should be announced today.

The 2019/20 Colliers Wood United FC Website

wibbandune.simplesite.com/

bomaya
First Team Star

May 31, 2012, 10:40 AM

Team(s): Merstham and Chelsea

Post #11 of 25 (9409 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Don't have anyone on the leagues committee as far as i know. Really? I'm sure it made perfect sense to everyone outside Kent for them to have a step 6 league formed made out of tin pot Step 7 clubs with absurdly under-developed and basic grounds. I can really see that decision being made with no influence from someone with Kentish football close to their heart!!!

Think they were in the KL before, journeys not too bad and in theory might be easier to get promoted from compared to the bearpit that the CCLP will be next year.

Sarumio

May 31, 2012, 10:53 AM

Post #12 of 25 (9390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bomaya] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Think they were in the KL before, journeys not too bad and in theory might be easier to get promoted from compared to the bearpit that the CCLP will be next year.

Nope they've never been in the Kent League before.

1946-58 - Thornton Heath & District League
1958-75 - SurreySsenior League
1975-81 - London Spartan League
1981-84 - Athenian League
1984-2012 - Isthmian League

Lee Farmie
Reserve Team Sub

May 31, 2012, 10:59 AM

Post #13 of 25 (9381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bomaya] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

a) yes we did ask to go into the KPL

b) I believe the KPL should consider changing it's name to get away from County League mentality which is wrong for Step 5

c) I think the CCL will be particularly competitive with Guernsey, Windsor and one or two others pushing hard for promotion and Kent offers us a better chance of an early return to Step 4 (whilst not counting any chickens).

d) We've never played in either the Kent League not the Combined Counties League in the past. We joined the Isthmian League from the Athenian 28 years ago - before that we were in the Surrey Senior League.

e) Can't wait for the new season to start now!

Visit the Radius Arms Micropub beforehand - It's a never ending beer festival with added conversation.

Lee Farmie
Reserve Team Sub

May 31, 2012, 11:00 AM

Post #14 of 25 (9379 views)
Shortcut

...oops forgot the Spartan Facilities League!

acmold

May 31, 2012, 11:09 AM

Post #15 of 25 (9371 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lee Farmie] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Kent and South East London League (?), that way it could cover quite a large population base if not a large actual area.

Lee Farmie
Reserve Team Sub

May 31, 2012, 11:25 AM

Post #16 of 25 (9355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Kent and South East London League (?), that way it could cover quite a large population base if not a large actual area.

That doesn't cover the bases though does it? We're in Surrey!

I'd call it the South East Counties League.

Sarumio

May 31, 2012, 11:32 AM

Post #17 of 25 (9347 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

That doesn't cover the bases though does it? We're in Surrey!

I'd call it the South East Counties League.

But its not it covers Kent (and some London boroughs that used to be in Kent) and one town in Surrey.

So it should actually be called the Kent & Whyteleafe League!

Lee Farmie
Reserve Team Sub

May 31, 2012, 12:26 PM

Post #18 of 25 (9294 views)
Shortcut

It needs to push its boundaries out. Sussex has imposed itself on Surrey with Lingfield and Redhill.

There'll be clubs in the east of Sussex and Surrey who could be absorbed into the new SE Counties Superleague.

VP

May 31, 2012, 4:27 PM

Post #19 of 25 (9164 views)
Shortcut

So it looks like a reprieve from relegation for Chessington & Hook.

VP

May 31, 2012, 7:50 PM

Post #20 of 25 (9043 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
b) I believe the KPL should consider changing it's name to get away from County League mentality which is wrong for Step 5

I agree with you there. See also Essex & Sussex. People can't get their heads around 'leafe being in the Kent League judging by your Twitter feed.
These county titles are just a name but people read too much into them. The sooner they change the better. The CCL has done it. It started off as a re-branding of the Surrey Senior League in 1978.
You could also argue that Whyteleafe are ex-members if you take that part of the league's history into account!

Oh well, if you're happy then good luck in the Kent League although I don't necessarily agree with your theory about it being easier to get out of than the CCL. There are a few decent sides in the KL as well.

ictoan
First Team Regular

May 31, 2012, 9:21 PM

Team(s):

Post #21 of 25 (8977 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I agree with you there. See also Essex & Sussex.

How about the East Saxon League and the South Saxon League.

There 'Ant no place like Sussex, until you goes above, 'Cause Sussex will be Sussex and Sussex wunt be druv.

The North begins at Gatwick.

VP

May 31, 2012, 9:59 PM

Post #22 of 25 (8946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ictoan] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Proposed CCL constitution for 2012-13.

Premier Division

Ash United
Badshot Lea
Bedfont Sports (promoted from Div 1)
Camberley Town
Chessington & Hook United (reprieved)
Colliers Wood United
Cove
Croydon
Dorking
Egham Town
Epsom & Ewell
Farnham Town
Guernsey (promoted from Div 1)
Hanworth Villa
Hartley Wintney (promoted from Div 1)
Horley Town
Molesey
Raynes Park Vale
Sandhurst Town
South Park
Wembley
Windsor

Division One

AFC Croydon Athletic
Banstead Athletic (relegated from Premier Division)
CB Hounslow United
Cobham
Epsom Athletic
Eversley
Farleigh Rovers
Feltham
Frimley Green
Knaphill
Mole Valley SCR (relegated from Premier Division)
Sheerwater
South Kilburn
Spelthorne Sports
Staines Lammas
Warlingham
Westfield
Worcester Park

Reserve Section (still provisional as the affiliation forms aren't due back yet!)

Ash United (from Suburban League)
CB Hounslow United
Epsom Athletic (subject to confirmation)
Farleigh Rovers
Farnham Town
Frimley Green
Knaphill
Raynes Park Vale
Sandhurst Town
Sheerwater
Staines Lammas
Warlingham
Westfield
Worcester Park

Leaving the League - Guildford City (promoted to step 4)
Bookham (voluntary relegation to Surrey Elite)

Joining the League - Epsom Athletic (promoted from Surrey Elite)
AFC Croydon Athletic (new / reformed club)

Leaving the Reserve Section - Bookham.
Not currently listed in the reserve section but were in it last season - Eversley and Bedfont Sports

I notice there's no mention of Dorking Wanderers or Southall in that line up.

(This post was edited by VP on May 31, 2012, 10:06 PM)

AlanC
Youth Team Sub

May 31, 2012, 10:08 PM

Post #23 of 25 (8936 views)
Shortcut

That was quick!

I probably should have mentioned that Southal FC have been directed to the Spartan S Midlands and Dorking Wanderers have not been given permission to leave the Sussex County League

VP

Jun 26, 2012, 8:15 PM

Post #24 of 25 (8418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AlanC] Combined Counties League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The constition of the Premier & Div 1 were confirmed as listed last night with one minor change. Eversley FC are now known as Eversley & California FC as they've merged with their local youth club.
I haven't seen the Reserve Division line up but I think Epsom Athletic Reserves are now staying in the Surrey Elite Reserve Division.

VP

Jun 27, 2012, 12:24 AM

Post #25 of 25 (8295 views)
Shortcut

Reserve Division line up:

Ash United
CB Hounslow United
Farleigh Rovers
Farnham Town
Frimley Green
Knaphill
Raynes Park Vale
Sandhurst Town
Sheerwater
Spelthorne Sports
Warlingham