First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 16, 2012, 11:45 AM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #1 of 86 (17966 views)
Shortcut
afc wimbledon ground future ? Can't Post or Reply Privately

just wandering because they are building a new stand behind one of the goals, what the long term plan is, stay at kingsmeadow, or still looking in wimbledon area to build a new ground, ? if any dons fans out there can answer my question.

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

garethwrexy

Jul 17, 2012, 4:33 PM

Post #2 of 86 (17843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] afc wimbledon ground future ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

bump any dons fans ???

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

Jul 17, 2012, 6:39 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #3 of 86 (17821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] afc wimbledon ground future ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

According to Wikipedia ''it is AFC Wimbledon's long term ambition to relocate to a new stadium with a capacity around 10,000 (with potential for expansion), in the London Borough of Merton where the original Wimbledon F.C. last played in 1991 at Plough Lane.''

garethwrexy

Jul 17, 2012, 8:11 PM

Post #4 of 86 (17809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] afc wimbledon ground future ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

is there a site for them to build a ground on ?

VP

Jul 17, 2012, 11:34 PM

Post #5 of 86 (17776 views)
Shortcut

The latest possible site I'm aware of is Merantun Way in Colliers Wood - http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/...ns_to_Colliers_Wood/

AFC Wimbledon were still saying Plough Lane was their preferred location but the day after the paper printed the article above they printed 'Ambitious plans for brand new dog track in Plough Lane, Wimbedon" (http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/...brand_new_dog_track/ which would put an end to the football club's plans of moving there.

007Dale
First Team Star

Jul 18, 2012, 5:49 AM

Post #6 of 86 (17762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] afc wimbledon ground future ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wouldn't hold your breath. I don't remember Merton council being that supportive of the old Wimbledon's hopes for a ground in the borough.

Suspect they'll be playing in Kingston and hovering between league 2 and Conference for decades to come

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 18, 2012, 9:53 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #7 of 86 (17747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] afc wimbledon ground future ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The latest possible site I'm aware of is Merantun Way in Colliers Wood - http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/...ns_to_Colliers_Wood/

AFC Wimbledon were still saying Plough Lane was their preferred location but the day after the paper printed the article above they printed 'Ambitious plans for brand new dog track in Plough Lane, Wimbedon" (http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/...brand_new_dog_track/ which would put an end to the football club's plans of moving there.

So the leader of Merton Council believes a dog track is the most appropriate home for AFC Wimbledon. No wonder the last lot moved to Milton Keynes.

garethwrexy

Jul 18, 2012, 10:04 AM

Post #8 of 86 (17744 views)
Shortcut

if they built a new ground what would happen to kingsmeadow, sold back to kingstonian fc, afc wimbledon being a fans club wouldnt stitch them up but you never know........... Wink

VP

Jul 18, 2012, 11:48 PM

Post #9 of 86 (17662 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
if they built a new ground what would happen to kingsmeadow, sold back to kingstonian fc, afc wimbledon being a fans club wouldnt stitch them up but you never know........... Wink

I might be being naive but I think the Dons will give the ground back to Kingstonian. Even if it's not free I don't expect it to be anywhere near market value.
I saw a date of 2018 for a new ground mentioned somewhere. Can't be bothered to try and find out where I read it but it was before the news about Colliers Wood was announced.

(This post was edited by VP on Jul 18, 2012, 11:50 PM)

VP

Jul 19, 2012, 12:04 AM

Post #10 of 86 (17656 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] afc wimbledon ground future ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

So the leader of Merton Council believes a dog track is the most appropriate home for AFC Wimbledon. No wonder the last lot moved to Milton Keynes.

It's late. I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly but I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.
The owners of the dog track want to tear it down and build 800 houses on the site but the council said that any redevelopment should have an “intensification of sporting activity”. I'd assume this to mean they wanted the football club to move there rather than have houses on it.
It's now emerged that someone wants to build a new dog track on the site which means the football club wouldn't be able to move in.

(This post was edited by VP on Jul 19, 2012, 12:05 AM)

rivington
Youth Team Regular

Jul 20, 2012, 1:19 PM

Team(s): The Alex

Post #11 of 86 (17552 views)
Shortcut

Understand Wimbledon are the owners of the ground used by Rayans Park Vale (RPV) and another club (Surrey County League)?

Will be interesting to see if they continue to support clubs such as Kingstonian and RPV if they re-locate. Personally sure they would see them right after all there experiences.
Tongue

VP

Jul 22, 2012, 11:31 AM

Post #12 of 86 (17464 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rivington] afc wimbledon ground future ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Understand Wimbledon are the owners of the ground used by Rayans Park Vale (RPV) and another club (Surrey County League)?

Will be interesting to see if they continue to support clubs such as Kingstonian and RPV if they re-locate. Personally sure they would see them right after all there experiences.
Tongue

I'm not sure if Prince George's Playing Fields is still anything to do with AFC Wimbledon. The land was bought before Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes. They were going to turn into a training ground. I think it may be owned by a consortium now.
I was speaking to someone from RPV a couple of years ago. He said it's a bit frustrating as they can't get a long enough lease on the part of the site they use to get any grants to do the ground up. Apparently every year the landowner signs another lease for the club for the following twelve months without batting an eyelid but that's as far as it goes.

(This post was edited by VP on Jul 22, 2012, 11:40 AM)

rivington
Youth Team Regular

Jul 22, 2012, 11:40 AM

Post #13 of 86 (17458 views)
Shortcut

Could be the case although last season was told on seperate occasions by separate Wimbledon fans (yes there does to be more than one) as well a an RPV fan that the Trustee was still in the league clubs hands.

jdh
Youth Team Star

Jul 23, 2012, 12:13 AM

Team(s): Colchester United, Braintree Town

Post #14 of 86 (17404 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I was speaking to someone from RPV a couple of years ago. He said it's a bit frustrating as they can't get a long enough lease on the part of the site they use to get any grants to do the ground up. Apparently every year the landowner signs another lease for the club for the following twelve months without batting an eyelid but that's as far as it goes.

Good to know, when I went last year I was surprised at just how run-down the ground was.

bomaya
First Team Star

Jul 23, 2012, 7:17 PM

Team(s): Merstham and Chelsea

Post #15 of 86 (17348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jdh] afc wimbledon ground future ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Good to know, when I went last year I was surprised at just how run-down the ground was.

Yeah that does explain its somewhat ramshackle nature.

garethwrexy

Jul 25, 2012, 10:21 AM

Post #16 of 86 (17255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bomaya] afc wimbledon ground future ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

seen photo's on mishi's blog not in the best state at the moment.

markvighan
Ballboy/girl

Jul 25, 2012, 3:48 PM

Post #17 of 86 (17219 views)
Shortcut

Why has the media blown up such a massive story out of nothing? All because Rodgers didn't say that Carroll definitely would stay, never said he was considering loaning him out or anything. Nothing will come of it, just an overreaction by the media.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 25, 2012, 5:36 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #18 of 86 (17206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [markvighan] afc wimbledon ground future ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Why has the media blown up such a massive story out of nothing? All because Rodgers didn't say that Carroll definitely would stay, never said he was considering loaning him out or anything. Nothing will come of it, just an overreaction by the media.

Has he been seen at Wimbledon's new ground then ?

rivington
Youth Team Regular

Jul 25, 2012, 6:05 PM

Post #19 of 86 (17200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] afc wimbledon ground future ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wombles are known for re-cycling rubbish.

VP

Jul 26, 2012, 12:33 AM

Post #20 of 86 (17160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] afc wimbledon ground future ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

That could confuse a stupid person. My knowledge of football above the Conference is virtually zero. I haven't got a clue who Rodgers is but know the name Carroll. I wondered what it had to do AFC Wimbledon or Raynes Park Vale. Had to Google it to find out this was posted in the wrong thread. Crazy

garethwrexy

Jul 26, 2012, 9:41 PM

Post #21 of 86 (17092 views)
Shortcut

my feeling's hope afc wimbledon treat kingstonian fairly when the time comes.........

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

Jul 27, 2012, 12:55 PM

Team(s): Darlingto

Post #22 of 86 (17036 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
my feeling's hope afc wimbledon treat kingstonian fairly when the time comes.........

Me too Gareth, hope they do a deal to either gift the ground back to Kingstonian or sell it back for a small fee

Mista Fozz

Husband, Dad, Mascot Extraordinaire and all round Idiot

nisi tu Deus, qui possit iudicare
My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

garethwrexy

Jul 27, 2012, 5:41 PM

Post #23 of 86 (17014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MistaFozzII] afc wimbledon ground future ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

1,00 pound prehaps Wink

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

May 21, 2013, 7:15 PM

Post #24 of 86 (15908 views)
Shortcut

Some news of interest given recent thoughts about AFCW moving to a new stadium on the site of the greyhound stadium.

Paschal Taggart has submitted plans to Merton Council redevelop Wimbledon into a new £30m greyhound track. The stadium will have a four tier grandstand and capacity for 6000. Taggart revolutionised greyhound racing in Ireland during his 10 year tenure in charge, more than doubling attendances.

http://www.racingpost.com/...w-wimbledon/1035563/

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Sep 19, 2013, 8:31 PM

Post #25 of 86 (15068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] afc wimbledon ground future ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And now the counter-bid:

AFC Wimbledon have submitted a planning proposal to Merton to build an 11k stadium, with potential to rise to 20k, on the site of the greyhound stadium.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/.../0/football/24165559

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3