Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

ozzys mate
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 2, 2012, 9:57 PM

Team(s): yeovil town & slough town

Post #101 of 399 (23218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

somerset rebels 47-43 ipswich witches(89-91 0n agg)

friday 1st june
koc 1.2
ticket:£14
prog:£2.50

Red Robbo
First Team Star

Jun 2, 2012, 11:17 PM

Team(s): Local football in Herts and Beds

Post #102 of 399 (23208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ozzys mate] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rye House Raiders 51, Kings Lynn Lightnings 39

Admission £10, free race sheet (Programme not received from courier!)

Poor crowd but we at least got the 15 heats in before the heavy rain!

Should be an interesting meeting with Mildenhall on Monday (weather permitting)

I didn't make it to the gym today. That makes five years in a row.

Games seen in 2016/17: 54
Goals : 214
Goal less draws: 0

martin55
First Team Sub

Jun 5, 2012, 10:03 AM

Team(s):

Post #103 of 399 (23168 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Red Robbo] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Monday 4th June

With the return of the dry weather and a double header on offer, off to that wonderful destination of Scunthorpe and the Eddie Wright Raceway.

Scunthorpe Scorpions v Sheffield Tigers 40 – 50
Premier League Cup

Followed by

Scunthorpe Saints v Buxton Hit-Men 56 – 36
National League

Admission a very reasonable £16.
Program £1
Parking £1

Can you remember who you were, before they told you who you should be?

Red Robbo
First Team Star

Jun 5, 2012, 10:41 AM

Post #104 of 399 (23165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [martin55] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Double Header at Rye House

Rye House Rockets 53, Ipswich Witches 36 (League Cup)

Followed by

Rye House Raiders 40, Mildenhall Fen Tigers 50 (National League)

Admission £16, programme £3

Track staff did an excellent job of getting this meeting on after a day of heavy rain. Good crowd for two local opponents. Plenty of incident to keep everybody interested!

Mildenhall's Stefan Nielsen scored a six ride maximum on his first ever visit to Hoddesdon. That will probably earn him a guest booking before the season's out!

(This post was edited by Red Robbo on Jun 5, 2012, 10:45 AM)

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 5, 2012, 2:29 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #105 of 399 (23144 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Red Robbo] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sunday June 17th - Ekstraliga : Unia Leszno v Polonia Bydgoszcz

Really looking forward to my first overseas speedway action.

Main Drain Man
Youth Team Star

Jun 6, 2012, 1:02 AM

Team(s): Kingstonian, Ipswich Town, Sheffield United, Rotherham United and East Fife

Post #106 of 399 (23116 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sunday June 17th - Ekstraliga : Unia Leszno v Polonia Bydgoszcz

Really looking forward to my first overseas speedway action.

Sunday 3rd June Polish 1st Division

Daugavpils Lokomotiv (Latvia) 48 - 42 Lodz Eagles (Poland)

Admission 4.5 Lats (Best seats approx £5.17) Prog 1 lat (text in Russian) Beer 1 lat for half litre, Various edibles all good value.

Crowd approx 6,000.

Wow. Faith restored in just how good speedway can and should always be. Great stadium, sensational racing including last heat decider, superb atmosphere and presentation of the highest order. Arriving four hours before the start we decided to park at the stadium to allow a swift getaway before hitting the town as the car had to be back in Riga by midnight and the roads aren't that brilliant. Even 4 hours before the start there were queues at the ticket office buying admission and programmes, so we joined in. Fans were even arriving by taxi to get their reserved seats in and the place was packed, although not to capacity owing (as we were told) to the weather forecast not being too good.

Speaking with a local, who had gone to school in London he summed up that he only did 2 matches during that time as the fans were boring and the atmosphere and racing poor in Britain. Seeing what he is used to in this "backwater" he was 100% correct.

Young reserves Lebedevs for Dauga and Adamczak for the visitors were the stars with the fomer's last bend pass of Peter Kildeman in his last race just unbelievable. definitely look forward to doing it again.

Red Robbo
First Team Star

Jun 10, 2012, 1:47 PM

Post #107 of 399 (23023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Main Drain Man] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SATURDAY 9th of JUNE

RYE HOUSE ROCKETS 59, BERWICK BANDITS 34 (PREMIER LEAGUE)

Admission £16, programme £2

The Rockets continued their good form of the last couple of weeks recording the best win of the season at the Hoddesdon Stadium.

Visitors Berwick were unfortunate to lose reserve Alex Edberg to injury during his first time out. The Bandits heat leader trio never gave up trying and the racing was certainly more closer than the score line suggests.

(This post was edited by Red Robbo on Jun 10, 2012, 1:48 PM)

cl
Youth Team Regular

Jun 10, 2012, 4:04 PM

Post #108 of 399 (23007 views)
Shortcut

Leicester 46 Newcastle 44

First meeting for a few years and normally I would want nothing more than a close meeting and these were the top two.

However I came away with little enthusiasm to return to a sport I was once watched regulalry. The positive was the way Leicester have developed the facilities from nothing, a fact others have reported on. I found leaving the car park, eazy a fact I had been warned,might not be the case

However the riding was with the exception of the last race mostly processional and a twenty plus min stoppage due to the low sun was something that I had never seen before. Safety has to be king but it certainly does not add to the spectacle and fans around me were understanding, but equally struggling to entertain kids etc. I assumed this was a one off but apparantly Workington had this the week before and then with an injury ran out of time to complete the meeting. Surely tinted visors or something but it does not seem insurmoutable

However the biggest concern was that the reserve berth seemed to be somwething to manipulate and surely should not contain the best riders. Three of the reserves were in heat 15 and for Newcastle the two reserves scored 26 of their 44 points. The two heat leaders at one and three scored 4 from 8 rides.

Have Newcastle just unearthed a couple of gems with low averages or this more common than it used to be. Leicester stated in the programme that they plan the track for the reserves not the head leaders!

Feversham Lens
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 10, 2012, 8:29 PM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #109 of 399 (22985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cl] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I went to Leicester last season after a few years away from speedway and, like you, left the stadium feeling the sport had completely lost the plot. Not been to a meeting since, which says it all, really.

mip
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 11, 2012, 11:05 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #110 of 399 (22927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Monday 11th June 2012
Danish Speedway League
Grindsted v Holstebro postponed Admission DKK100 (£11), programme and scorecard free, att. looked around 800-900.

I’ve never been to a speedway meeting but had been eyeing up one for some time now but I couldn’t have made a more inauspicious debut. At first the meeting was postponed for 45 minutes while the track was worked on. When the lines were chalked up I thought we’d be going ahead but that was a false promise as a few minutes later it was announced the referee had called the meeting off, the pitch too heavy in his judgment. The person next to me sneered something about Danish riders being too spoiled. It had been a beautiful Monday but apparently the rain over the weekend had done the damage.

The track is located some way out of the small town of Grindsted basically in the middle of nowhere. Parking is on an adjoining field. The track itself is very basic with few amenities for spectators. The oval is enclosed by a large grass bank too steep for standing on but on the near side a shelf had been formed halfway up along some of it and on the far side seven or eight rows of uncomfortably looking benches had been bolted onto it providing seating for some 250-300 spectators. The usual fare of sausages, beers and soft drinks were sold from concession stalls in three of the corners. I was surprised by the number of children in attendance, many not more than 4 or 5 years old.

No refund but the ticket is valid for the re-arranged meeting. After two late postponements of football games during the last month (in Scotland and Germany) I'm now beginning to feel a tad jinxed Pirate.

The Danish Speedway League runs with seven teams this season. Grindsted are drawing the lowest crowds, just under 1000 on average, while Holsted with the best crowds have an average of just under 2000.

Red Robbo
First Team Star

Jun 17, 2012, 10:18 AM

Post #111 of 399 (22848 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 16th of June,

Rye House Rockets 48, Somerset Rebels 42 (Premier League)

Rye House Raiders 38, Dudley Heathens 53 (National League)

Admission £16, programme £3

Somerset claimed a deserved League point in an exciting encounter between the sides of this double header.

In the second meeting high flying Dudley proved too much for Raiders but the home side kept in contention until midway through the meeting.

Once again a very disappointing crowd if you take out the Dudley and Somerset supporters.

bagman

Jun 21, 2012, 6:15 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #112 of 399 (22737 views)
Shortcut

Wednesday June 20 2012

Poole Pirates 46 v Birmingham Brummies 46

Poole came back from 12 points down after heat 8

to draw 46 points all with Chris Holder passing Bjarne Pedersen on last bend to follow Davey Watt for a five one.

Josh Auty top scored for Brummies 12+2

Great meeting very good crowd

Red Robbo
First Team Star

Jun 24, 2012, 10:23 AM

Post #113 of 399 (22678 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bagman] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 23rd June

Rye House Rockets 20, Edingburgh Monarchs 16 (Premier League)

Meeting Abandoned after heat 6 - rainFrown

No luck this time with weather as the track staff efforts to get through this meeting were thwarted by the inclement weather. First time that I've been to a rain off during the meeting since the new rules came into being. Apparently there as hard to work out as the Duckworth Lewis rule in cricket!Wink

Not that many dates left to fit this fixture back in the list. Perhaps a double header when Glasgow visit in July. Then the fish bar could add deep fried mars bar and haggis to the menu!

footiemug
Youth Team Sub

Jun 25, 2012, 11:38 PM

Team(s): Eastbourne teams

Post #114 of 399 (22625 views)
Shortcut

Mon 25th June
EASTBOURNE EAGLES 51 LAKESIDE HAMMERS 39
admission £17,car park £1,prog £2 and mug £5.50
Att. less than a thousand.
A very enjoyable evening watching the Eagles come back from being
8-16 down in heat4.To securing a win in heat 14.
They gained maximum 7 points tonight.

Red Robbo
First Team Star

Jul 1, 2012, 11:23 AM

Post #115 of 399 (22561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [footiemug] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 30th of June,

Rye House Raiders 53, Buxton Hitmen 42 (National League)

Good performance by Buxton who were 18-5 down after heat 4. They managed to pull this back to 37-34 after heat 11 with good use of the Tactical Rider rule. Rye hit back with a 5-1 in heat 12 and after two drawn heats finished off with another 5-1 to claim maxium points.

Second half;

Milton Keynes Knights 16, Belle Vue Colts 19 (Midland Development League)

ziggerzag
Youth Team Star

Jul 1, 2012, 12:06 PM

Team(s): Barrow AFC

Post #116 of 399 (22551 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Saturday 30th of June,

Rye House Raiders 53, Buxton Hitmen 42 (National League)

Good performance by Buxton who were 18-5 down after heat 4. They managed to pull this back to 37-34 after heat 11 with good use of the Tactical Rider rule. Rye hit back with a 5-1 in heat 12 and after two drawn heats finished off with another 5-1 to claim maxium points.

Second half;

Milton Keynes Knights 16, Belle Vue Colts 19 (Midland Development League)

Also at this. Thought a few more might turn out than actually did. Are crowds on the decline at Hoddesdon?

I paid £1 for a Kit-Kat Chunky at Oxford Utd

SKY BLUE TAT
Youth Team Regular

Jul 1, 2012, 12:23 PM

Team(s): coventry city ,leicester tigers, coventry bees, leicestershire ccc

Post #117 of 399 (22550 views)
Shortcut

FRIDAY 29th JUNE
ELITE LEAGUE
COVENTRY BEES v EASTBOURNE EAGLES. 38-52
ADMISSION. £ 17
PROGRAMME £ 2.50

My first speedway meeting of the season. Eastbourne ran out comfortable winners in the end but after 10 heats the scores were level 30-30. The last 5 heats saw Eastbourne pick up 22 points to Coventry's 8. This included 3 5-1s. Coventry's Chris Harris and Kenni Larsen and Eastbourne's J.Kylmakorpi were on Grand Prix qualifying duty. Guest rider Seb Ullamek top scored for Eastborne with 12 while for Coventry kennnett and Stead (who was guesting) both scored 9. Eastbourne's reserve Timo Lahti who's only 19 picked up 11 points from his 5 rides. . Eastbourne stay in 4th while Coventry stay in 9th.

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

Jul 11, 2012, 12:06 AM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #118 of 399 (22473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SKY BLUE TAT] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

10/7/12

Isle of Wight Islanders 53 - 40 Kings Lynn Young Stars

Smallbrook Stadium . Adm 11 prog 2 (reissue from caped meet). Hot food and drink available. Att app 350.

At last my first Speedway report after several failed attempts at Swindon. I was on the Island for a cricket match that was abandoned and only got this in as it was a rescheduled meeting.

Found it very enjoyable with the knowledgeable local fans very willing to chat to a newbie like me. Not many close races. Partly as the track was very wet. The Islanders walked away with it after some great riding in heat 6 by Hughes and Hopwood. Cant remember many passes by KL riders. The few times they tried to fight back a home rider would pull off an overtake and knock them back.

For IOW Hughes and Warwick 11 Hopwood 9 all impressed.

Very nice girl from the taxi firm gave me a lift to Ryde thus saving me £5 and ensuring i recommend Ryde Taxis on here ! I adjourned to the King Lud for a few pints of Locale, good music and chat. Its never in the GBG prompting me to want to stick my GBG somewhere that may be painful to the IOW CAMRA branch and rely on instinct!

Great evening and a good rescue!

" I love the smell of Castrol R in the evening"

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

(This post was edited by wishmaster3211 on Jul 11, 2012, 12:31 AM)

The Moose
First Team Star

Jul 22, 2012, 9:29 PM

Team(s):

Post #119 of 399 (22384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Finally a decent forecast for the week so planning on a jaunt to the Abbey on Thursday 26th for SWINDON ROBINS v EASTBOURNE BUDGIES. Last team I've not seen there so looking forward to 'closure' as it were.

KRTM Cool

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Jul 28, 2012, 10:43 PM

Post #120 of 399 (22322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Have been to a number of meetings whilst ducking and diving the showers, however 2 meetings this week.

1. Kings Lynn 45 v 45 Swindon Elite League Monday 23rd July Admission £16 Prog Free Old Prog with 4 page Insert.

A decent forecast saw 3 of us head up to Kings Lynn for this live Sky meeting which turned out to be pretty decent with Kings Lynn being pegged back from 6 points up when Swindon got a last heat 4-2 for a rare 45 All Draw. Kings Lynn rider Marcej Jankowski was involved in 3 crashes but fortunately walked away from all 3. Meeting was delayed for approx 30 minutes after heat 4 when the setting sun got into the riders eyes.

2. Scunthorpe 48 v 42 Berwick Premier League Friday 27th July Admission £14 Prog £1

Another closley fought meeting which saw Scunthorpe just edge the win. The meeting was very close all the way through with Berwick leading 34-32 after 11 heats but with Berwick having a rider excluded in heat 12 for falling which handed Scunthorpe a 5-1, the Scunthorpe Scorpions took command to win 48-42 with Thomas Jorgensen and Nick Morris scoring 13 for Scunthorpe and Ricky Ashworth scoring 13 for Berwick.

After the main meeting we had a 6 heat junior match between Scunthorpe 16 v 20 Coventry Josh Bates scored a 3 ride max of 9 points for Coventry and Damien Koppe scored 8 for Scunthorpe.

The Moose
First Team Star

Jul 29, 2012, 2:57 PM

Team(s):

Post #121 of 399 (22298 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thurs 26th July: Elite Lge - SWINDON ROBINS 53 EASTBOURNE EAGLES 38

ADM: £17 PROG: £2.50 ATT: 1,750 h/c

Comfortable win for the smaller feathered creatures against the bigger birds! This completes all I needed from a shale perspective as I've now seen every possible away team at Poole, Swindon, Somerset, Exeter & Weymouth. Also visited all current operating tracks & about the same number of defunct ones!

I guess I've earn't the break similar to completing the County cricket ground circuit. It'll be nice to choose when I go in future rather than feel I 'have' to go. Minor grumble about the shale action is the inability to move proceedings along as it took over two hours to complete fifteen minutes of action. Purists of course won't mind but I think the round ball game offers better VFM, such is life!

KRTM Cool

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 19, 2012, 11:10 AM

Team(s): Workington Reds, St Ives Roosters RLFC

Post #122 of 399 (22091 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 18th August 2012
Workington Comets 48 Ipswich 41
Admission £15
Programme £2.50
Att - around 600

A last heat win for the Comets.

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 20, 2012, 8:45 AM

Team(s):

Post #123 of 399 (22053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Workington FC] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sat 18th August

Hyvinkaa (Finland)
Adm 10 euros, inc paper.
Cuppa 40p, obviously Finland isn't as expensive as i thought.

Kotkat 33
Sand Blowers 30
Keittiopiste 28
Haukat 23

Decent meeting on a well prepared track, very rare to get a full meeting with hardly any falls or e/f's in these parts.

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

Aug 24, 2012, 7:54 AM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #124 of 399 (21967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thursday 23rd August

Abbey Stadium, Blunsdon.

Swindon Robins 50 -43 Poole Pirates

Adm £17, prog £2,50, Parking £1

Large amount of food and drink options available.

My first visit to Swindon Speedway with a top of the table clash that totally failed to live up to its billing. Swindon strolled away with it, managing to nullify Darcy Webb early on. Even when Holder inevitably won heats the other rider would be last. The first Poole overall heat win wasn't until Heat 10, a Webb Tactical, by which time the meet was Swindons.

Quite a disapointing first live visit to Elite League action for me. A large crowd (2500-3000 I think. Hard to say as id never been there before, but it was delayed to let them all in) but no atmosphere, hardly any overtaking, and I felt a bit remote form the action due to the fencing and the greyhound track.

Rider of the Day was Swindon Nick Morris (9), a reserve who won two heats including one fantastic pass on Holder in Heat 11 straight after they had closed it up a bit with Wards tactical win. Poole appeared totally reliant on Holder (13) and Ward (13+3), particularly towards the end of the meet when hardly anyone else scored a point, whereas Swindon scored well across the team.

Very efficient venue. Despite the big crowd I was out easily and home just after 10.

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

(This post was edited by wishmaster3211 on Aug 24, 2012, 7:58 AM)

bagman

Sep 2, 2012, 12:13 PM

Post #125 of 399 (21862 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lakeside Hammers 41 v 48 Poole Pirates
Friday 31 August 2012

The Poole Pirates kept their charge for play-off glory on course with victory at the Arena-Essex Raceway on Friday evening – leaving the Hammers to face an uphill challenge to keep their own hopes intact.
Poole’s firepower had always been expected to come from their big three – the turbo twins Chris Holder and Darcy Ward and their former Hammer in the shape of Krzysztof Kasprzak. All three were ultimately beaten by the Hammers own big two of Davey Watt and Peter Karlsson, leaving the lack of points from the lower order as one of the main reasons for the outcome with several points lost in key races.
The Pirates took the lead in the third race and never looked backed, maintaining but not necessarily increasing their lead despite the early unbeaten efforts of Ward and Kasprzak.
The key victories for the Hammers pairing came in heat five when Karlsson out-trapped Holder and sped to victory; Heat ten when Watt did likewise on Ward; And heat eleven when Karlsson drove around the second turn to claim a second victory over Holder, the winner of the British Grand Prix at Cardiff last week.
Holder’s evening came to an abrupt end when he lifted exiting the second turn of heat thirteen, sending Watt crashing into the air barrier. The re-run saw Kasprzak continue his maximum run which he extended through the penultimate race by leading a Pirates 5-1 with Ludvig Lindgren, the Hammers moving through into the minor placings when the Pirates reserve pulled up.
Kasprzak was finally beaten in the last race after a classy first turn from Karlsson but the Polish star slotted into second place with team mate Ward to ensure Pirates collected all four Elite League points.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3