Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Administration: Messages from / Questions to Administrators:
Which section for Scottish LEAGUE threads?

ArchieB
First Team Sub

Nov 27, 2012, 4:22 PM

Team(s): Pollok, Man City, Schalke04

Post #1 of 8 (10481 views)
Shortcut
Which section for Scottish LEAGUE threads? Can't Post or Reply Privately

Why is there no obvious place on the forum for posts/threads about Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football League clubs/issues?

There's a section for "Other British Isles Non-League" (emphasis on the "NON") and one for "Premiership & Football League". Also for "Football in Other Countries" (not specifically non-League) exluding (sic) the British Isles!!

SPL and SFL discussions don't fit comfortably into ANY of these categories and CERTAINLY not into any of the others. Although a small number of such posts have appeared on the "Other British Isles Non-League" and the "Premiership & Football League" boards, to suggest this is appropriate is demeaning to Scotland and the Scottish game and I hope the administrators will agree and come up with something better.

I am not suggesting a new and separate dedicated board for Scotland, as its use would probably be very small, but can one of the existing boards have its definition CLEARLY amended to include SPL & SFL? Or must I confine myself to Pie & Bovril?

Archie

Awa' and bile yer heid, ya Sassenach!

(This post was edited by ArchieB on Nov 27, 2012, 4:25 PM)

steve walker
Administrator

Nov 27, 2012, 5:39 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 8 (10471 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ArchieB] Which section for Scottish LEAGUE threads? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For some strange reason this brings to mind the Gary Newbon quote..... "there'll be more football in a moment, but first we've got the highlights of the Scottish League Cup Final." So perhaps these discussions should go in 'Non Football Related'? Tongue

Seriously, we did of course have a very long Rangers thread which turned into a general Scottish football discussion, but where do YOU think it should go? After a quick look I would maybe suggest changing the 'Other British Isles Non League' to 'Other British Isles Football' so that it could include all levels. Seems the most logical change to me.

ArchieB
First Team Sub

Nov 27, 2012, 8:50 PM

Post #3 of 8 (10453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Which section for Scottish LEAGUE threads? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Absolutely NOT!! Not as things stand, anyway.

That would still place SPL and SFL in the "Non-League Football" category. It would be better if the "Other British Isles Football" board you propose is placed in the "All Other Football Interests" category alongside "Premiership & Football League" and "Football in other countries".
That would at least be consistent as the last named board covers both League and non-League football overseas.
Would that be possible?

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Nov 28, 2012, 9:12 AM

Team(s): Malvern Town FC

Post #4 of 8 (10424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ArchieB] Which section for Scottish LEAGUE threads? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Would "Premierships & Football Leagues in U.K." please anyone?

Professional cretin.

scottywalds
First Team Star

Nov 29, 2012, 8:19 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #5 of 8 (10349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] Which section for Scottish LEAGUE threads? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And shouldn't "Other Sports" come under "Non Football Related"?

ArchieB
First Team Sub

Nov 30, 2012, 1:13 AM

Post #6 of 8 (10326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Which section for Scottish LEAGUE threads? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Many thanks to Steve Walker (and other mods?) for taking up my suggestion.

Now, if it's not asking TOO much, can you perhaps:
1. move the "Hearts - Transfer Embargo" thread from "Premiership & Football League" to the new board, and
2. move the "Elgin City v Rangers postponed" thread (which sparked this off) from "Other British Isles Non-League" to the new board too (perhaps after deleting the off-topic posts?)

Thanks again.

D A
First Team Star

Nov 30, 2012, 11:01 AM

Team(s): Airstrip 1.

Post #7 of 8 (10313 views)
Shortcut

Steve. any chance of strengthening /widening/making taller Hadrians Wall ?

'I'm not cynical. I'm just experienced'.
29/11/2012. Anyone need numbers for Cheddar F C please p/m.

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 30, 2012, 11:52 AM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #8 of 8 (10308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [D A] Which section for Scottish LEAGUE threads? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Why would you delete 'off topic' posts. As longs as they're not abusive that's how threads evolve on messageboards, surely?

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3