Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
Sports presenters mistakes

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 45 Next page Last page  View All

APL
First Team Star

Jan 8, 2013, 10:23 PM

Post #251 of 1107 (37938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thowdreds] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Talk Sport announced tonight that ''Southend United have just won their JPT match 8-6 on penalties.''Crazy

2019/20
England 1-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-1-2

2019/20
Belgium (Pyramid = 1,484 1st teams) 0-0-2-6-8-25-173-304-259

http://www.hoppingacrossthepond.com

sandhurstbee
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 14, 2013, 1:08 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #252 of 1107 (37873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [APL] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Presenter on the WDO Darts from Frimley having just presented the Runner Up Tony O`Shea a cheque for £30000 turned to the new champ and said and now a Cheque for One Thousand Pounds, He must have felt the daggers as he quickly corrected himself to say a Cheque for One Hundred Thousand Pounds. A bit of a difference there. Crazy

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 17, 2013, 3:53 PM

Post #253 of 1107 (37806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Radio 5 sports desk after the 3.30 news. Report from snooker, match at 4-4: "Both players need another two frames to go through..."

Richard Rundle

Jan 17, 2013, 4:15 PM

Post #254 of 1107 (37800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Radio 5 sports desk after the 3.30 news. Report from snooker, match at 4-4: "Both players need another two frames to go through..."

Sounds sort of reasonable to me. This round is a race to 6 after all

KIM TRUB
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 17, 2013, 8:34 PM

Post #255 of 1107 (37777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

On Radio 5 Live commentator at Arse v Swans said about Cardiff City beating Arse in 1926 final. Only a year out

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

Jan 19, 2013, 2:22 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #256 of 1107 (37707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KIM TRUB] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The pr!ck on 5 live at half time of the Derby/Forest game (regarding the weather)... "The north has got off scott free!"

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 19, 2013, 3:05 PM

Post #257 of 1107 (37700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tut-tut. Fancy him not knowing there's only one 't' in 'scot'.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 19, 2013, 4:06 PM

Post #258 of 1107 (37695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Both? Could there be a circumstance where one player needed only one?

Richard Rundle

Jan 20, 2013, 12:18 PM

Post #259 of 1107 (37658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Of course, then the score would have been 5-4 or something.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 20, 2013, 12:50 PM

Post #260 of 1107 (37653 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Of course, then the score would have been 5-4 or something.

I think you're being mischievous. At 4-4, could one player need one frame and the other need two? Only if snooker introduced handicaps – or had group matches.

Perhaps BBC presenters and reporters don't know the meaning the word 'both'. Half-an-hour ago, in previewing today's Heineken Cup group matches, we were told that 'Both A or B' could go through when he clearly meant only one of the two teams.

Richard Rundle

Jan 22, 2013, 7:31 PM

Post #261 of 1107 (37555 views)
Shortcut

OK, I'm at a loss now. What are you saying was wrong with the original BBC statement?

mr creosote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 23, 2013, 10:36 PM

Team(s): Grays Athletic, Haverhill Rovers

Post #262 of 1107 (37490 views)
Shortcut

I'm guessing that it is because both players can't score two more, it must be one or the other. I suppose "either" would be better grammar.

Richard Rundle

Jan 24, 2013, 9:21 AM

Post #263 of 1107 (37465 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mr creosote] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm guessing that it is because both players can't score two more, it must be one or the other. I suppose "either" would be better grammar.

No, both can't score two more, but both do *need* two more. It was gramatically and facutally correct as far as I can see.

APL
First Team Star

Jan 31, 2013, 12:58 PM

Post #264 of 1107 (37223 views)
Shortcut

During Sky Sports coverage of Real Madrid v Barcelona, Copa del Rey semi final, Commentator Rob Palmer informed us that ''Jose Mourinho is looking to win the Champions League with Real Madrid this season, adding to the wins he has had with MilanCrazy and Porto in the competition''.

2019/20
England 1-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-1-2

2019/20
Belgium (Pyramid = 1,484 1st teams) 0-0-2-6-8-25-173-304-259

http://www.hoppingacrossthepond.com

southend statto
First Team Star

Jan 31, 2013, 4:52 PM

Team(s): most of my local sides

Post #265 of 1107 (37192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [APL] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sky last nite - commentating on the Norwich Spurs game. The player covering the match in the studio said Norwich dominated the match and Spurs scored against the run of play. Why then after the final whistle did the studio anchorman say Spurs had been held by Norwich!!!!

jrev61

Jan 31, 2013, 5:59 PM

Team(s): None

Post #266 of 1107 (37181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [southend statto] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

An unusual mistake for the commentator of St.Johnstone v.Aberdeen. Nigel Hasselbaink was playing for Saints and there is transfer speculation about him.
So the commentator made a weak joke about 'Making plans for Nigel' then explained this to his puzzled co-comentator by saying it was a song by Elvis Costello.
To give credit to ESPN one of the back-room boys let him know it was actually XTC, and he apologised for this gaffe.

jrev61

Steelback
First Team Star

Jan 31, 2013, 5:59 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #267 of 1107 (37181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [southend statto] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

During the Radio5Live Commentary of the Brentford v Chelsea game on Sunday Mike Ingham, whilst discussing Chelsea's recent run of success in the FA Cup said that their last outright defeat in the competition was against Barnsley in 2008 under Luiz Felipe Scolari.

Avram Grant was the 'manager' at the time, Scolari was appointed in the summer & presided over 3 FA Cup ties against Southend United and Ipswich Town before being sacked shortly before the 5th round tie at Watford

‘Informative’ Posts Only, by order of the Forum KGB

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 10, 2013, 3:48 PM

Post #268 of 1107 (36940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

MOTD last night, Chelsea v. Wigan.

Wigan included Franco di Santo, who was on Chelsea's books 2008-10 but played only eight times.

Di Santo had a shot saved, Wigan kept the attack going and the player won a corner. Dear Old Motty gave us this gem: "Di Santo, who never scored here in his spell with Chelsea, threatened to do the same for the opposition."

Richard Rundle

Feb 10, 2013, 7:41 PM

Post #269 of 1107 (36921 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
MOTD last night, Chelsea v. Wigan.

Wigan included Franco di Santo, who was on Chelsea's books 2008-10 but played only eight times.

Di Santo had a shot saved, Wigan kept the attack going and the player won a corner. Dear Old Motty gave us this gem: "Di Santo, who never scored here in his spell with Chelsea, threatened to do the same for the opposition."

Well he only scored in Pre-season friendlies and reserve matches for Chelsea, so I don't think I'd be too hard on Motty

thowdreds
Youth Team Star

Feb 17, 2013, 9:28 AM

Team(s): Accrington Stanley, Blackburn Rovers, BurnleyLeicester City, Halesowen Town

Post #270 of 1107 (36645 views)
Shortcut

Not necessarily a mistake depending on your point of view but yesterday reporters at both MK Dons v Barnsley and AFC Wimbledon v Bradford City managed to say x years ago this was a Premier League match.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 17, 2013, 10:29 AM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #271 of 1107 (36639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thowdreds] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Not necessarily a mistake depending on your point of view but yesterday reporters at both MK Dons v Barnsley and AFC Wimbledon v Bradford City managed to say x years ago this was a Premier League match.

... and in the same vein, the 5Live reporter at MKD stated that this was the first time they've reached the 5th round of the FA Cup.

kazy
Junior Team Star

Feb 17, 2013, 2:51 PM

Post #272 of 1107 (36617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Apparently Forrester scored a penalty in the First Leg of the Brentford v Chelsea FA Cup tie.

leohoenig
Administrator

Mar 13, 2013, 7:53 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #273 of 1107 (36246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kazy] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

BBC TV Breakfast sports news. Barcelona are the first side to overcome a two goal first leg deficit in the Champions League.
I take it that should have qualifications, or that BATE Borisov really do not count for some reason I do not understand?
And of course, this is part of the no football prior to 1992 record list.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 13, 2013, 3:45 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #274 of 1107 (36218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
BBC TV Breakfast sports news. Barcelona are the first side to overcome a two goal first leg deficit in the Champions League.
I take it that should have qualifications, or that BATE Borisov really do not count for some reason I do not understand?
And of course, this is part of the no football prior to 1992 record list.

Not the first time BBC are having to be brought up on this charge, last season they tried to claim Munich were the 1st side to play the major Euro Final in their own stadium. Even I dredged this lot up,
  • Real Madrid 56-57,
  • Inter Milan 63-64,
  • Roma 83-84.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

jrev61

Mar 13, 2013, 10:43 PM

Team(s): None

Post #275 of 1107 (36191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Sports presenters mistakes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Barcelona have twice come back to win (on penalties) after a 3-0 defeat. They did this against Ipswich Town and Gothenburg.
Ipswich was in the UEFA or Cup Winners Cup, but Gothenburg was in the European Cup Semi-Final of 1986. A substitute called Pichi Alonso got all 3 goals.
Never heard of him before or since.
I think Real Madrid came back from 4-1 down against Derby in the 1975-6 European Cup. Think it was 5-1 in the Bernabeu.
Coming back from 2-0 down is not the same as coming back from say 3-1 down when you have the option of winning on away goals.
What were the details of BATE Borisov's comeback?

jrev61

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 45 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3