Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Premier League & Football League:
Bluebirds to become 'Dragons' for Premiership?

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Feb 28, 2013, 11:59 AM

Team(s): Malvern Town F,C,

Post #1 of 14 (2630 views)
Shortcut
Bluebirds to become 'Dragons' for Premiership? Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's all about 'rebranding' at Cardiff City, ain't it?

Seems like they're in for a name-change RL-style next! Not content with altering Cardiff's team colours and badge, owner Vincent Tan has indicated that now he's 'open' to a name-change... details at:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/.../0/football/21604568

I wonder if this could catch-on? If so, what totemic names would teams play under?

Manchester Red Devils?; Manchester Citizens?; Islington Gunners/Holloway Arsenal?; etc.

Professional cretin.

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Feb 28, 2013, 2:03 PM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #2 of 14 (2608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] Bluebirds to become 'Dragons' for Premiership? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Some Spurs fans I know refer to Arsenal as Woolwich Nomads

cope1
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 28, 2013, 2:51 PM

Post #3 of 14 (2594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] Bluebirds to become 'Dragons' for Premiership? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That's it! I am no longer going to support Cardiff City!!!

Oh hang on, I'm a Gooner....

I'd go for Wenger's Wasters at the moment, and their eternal rivals Loudmouths from the Lane, going by the comments I'm seeing on FB fairly regularly at the moment ;)

cope1

Feb 28, 2013, 2:52 PM

Post #4 of 14 (2592 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Bluebirds to become 'Dragons' for Premiership? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yorkie, it is to the eternal credit of the town of Halifax that they ditched their 'Blue Sox' moniker after trying it out for a couple of years. They've got their heads screwed on right up there!

007Dale
First Team Star

Feb 28, 2013, 4:50 PM

Post #5 of 14 (2562 views)
Shortcut

I might be the only one but I don't mind it. Ok, I'm not a Cardiff fan, but I seems reasonable to me. The owner is putting his money in and wants to improve revenues. He also has a fair point about cardiff's past history. He'll give the fans the choice, keep his money or the old name, if you prefer the history of the old name (and there is nothing wrong with that) then stay with it and stick in the championship.

I'm not sure current big name clubs would need to do it, but aspiring premiership clubs could see a benefit. Leicester Foxes, Derby Rams, CP Eagles, Hull Tigers, all sound ok to me.

Isaac

Feb 28, 2013, 5:35 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #6 of 14 (2546 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Bluebirds to become 'Dragons' for Premiership? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Latest news reports say the rebranding idea has been dropped, no doubt much to the dismay of Swansea City fansWink

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 4, 2013, 5:09 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #7 of 14 (2368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Bluebirds to become 'Dragons' for Premiership? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Didn't they also drop the shirt colour change before forcing it thro?Mad

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 4, 2013, 11:19 PM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #8 of 14 (2334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Bluebirds to become 'Dragons' for Premiership? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Some Spurs fans I know refer to Arsenal as Woolwich Nomads

And quite rightly too! Or Plumstead FC Wink

637 GROUNDS - AFC Fylde(61/92)
582 WETHERSPOONS - Lytham
2 WETHERSPOONS HOTELS - Ripon

southend statto
First Team Star

Mar 5, 2013, 1:08 PM

Team(s): most of my local sides

Post #9 of 14 (2282 views)
Shortcut

If Mr. Tan is to rebrand Cardiff, I'd prefer CPD Dinas Caerdydd myself!

leohoenig
Administrator

Mar 6, 2013, 8:50 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #10 of 14 (2217 views)
Shortcut
Re: [southend statto] Bluebirds to become 'Dragons' for Premiership? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Persatuan Bolasepak Kota Cardiff.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

dottirofhod

Mar 6, 2013, 10:14 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #11 of 14 (2206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Bluebirds to become 'Dragons' for Premiership? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tahu semua.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 35 / 30/ 5/ inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 11 / 08 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-3-2)/ Lux = 0-3 / Neth = 0-0-0-(2 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3/ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-1.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

leominster
First Team Star

Mar 9, 2013, 9:02 AM

Team(s): Cardiff City, KV Kortrijk, BFC Dynamo

Post #12 of 14 (2045 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
It's all about 'rebranding' at Cardiff City, ain't it?

Seems like they're in for a name-change RL-style next! Not content with altering Cardiff's team colours and badge, owner Vincent Tan has indicated that now he's 'open' to a name-change... details at:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/.../0/football/21604568

I wonder if this could catch-on? If so, what totemic names would teams play under?

Manchester Red Devils?; Manchester Citizens?; Islington Gunners/Holloway Arsenal?; etc.

May not be so easy to become the Dragons after all....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/...irds-chief-cant.html

(This post was edited by leominster on Mar 9, 2013, 9:03 AM)

Richard Rundle

Mar 9, 2013, 11:58 AM

Post #13 of 14 (2022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leominster] Bluebirds to become 'Dragons' for Premiership? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

a) It's The Sun so it's probably completely bogus

b) He's "bought" the limited company name Cardiff City Dragons, but I can't see any reason why he football team couldnt adopt that name without the name of the current limited company changing anyway

A non story.

southend statto
First Team Star

Mar 9, 2013, 2:35 PM

Team(s): most of my local sides

Post #14 of 14 (2005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Bluebirds to become 'Dragons' for Premiership? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

correct, like Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic Limited, who play as AFC Bournemouth, or to a much lesser degree, Stambridge United playing as Stambridge FC when they were in the ESL

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3