Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 71 Next page Last page  View All

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 16, 2013, 12:46 AM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #276 of 1758 (61849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ostrich] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

TRP also printed the wrong fixtures for Midlands 2 West (South) which should have read KENILWORTH v DROITWICH & SHIPSTON ON STOUR v EARLSDON giving you 2 more backups nearby.

Ostrich
First Team Sub

Mar 16, 2013, 6:45 PM

Post #277 of 1758 (61820 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

RFU Midlands Junior Vase Final (at Waterloo Fields, Middle Road 15:00)
Harbury RUFC 9 Old Yardleians RUFC 11
Admission: free
Programme: free from the bar (4pp). Harbury (like the Yards) are a Midlands 4 West (South) side, level 9; I doubt they’d issue usually.
Refreshments from the bar: J2O £1.50; a more than welcome halftime coffee £1
Attendance: 266 (h/c) Probably more in practice.

With Plan A, Woodford United, called off following a mid-morning pitch inspection, the Ostrich decided to forgo the clash of the Northern Premier galacticos at Keys Park and the more dubious delights of Stourbridge v Weymouth, and settle for the rather intriguing cup tie highlighted by Cherryhopper above. About 60 clubs entered the first round, from Bedford Swifts to Skegness, Uttoxeter to Clee Hill. The winner progresses to the National Junior Vase Semi-Final and is therefore one game away from gracing Twickenham.

First, it was a question of finding Harbury, which turned out to be a pleasant Warwickshire village, overlooked by an old four-sailed windmill on a hill, and containing a hostelry called the Old New Inn (or possibly the New Old Inn, I can’t remember); however, I suspect it’s commuter belt Leamington Spa. The ground is outside the conurbation, on the road down to the Fosse Way, and the complex includes three rugby pitches and a cricket square. The club was founded in 1962 and moved to its current home in 1979. The clubhouse, which looks like a two-story house, has the changing rooms below, and a slightly claustrophobic bar upstairs, although they’re probably not accustomed to crowds this size. There is a side room devoted to Alan Padbury, a club stalwart who died young, of cancer, and there is a memorial match played in his name each season.

On arrival, I was shoehorned into the pretty much the last hard-standing slot in the car park although there was overflow parking on the (sodden) cricket outfield. Old Yardleians brought two coach-loads of supporters which swelled the crowd. Yards are one of those clubs I have a strange affiliation with – they play at the back of Highgate United’s ground, and I once hopped over the ditch at halftime and saw 10 minutes of a 2nd XV game there; I’ve also watched an U-16 game on their ground while waiting for the start of a Shirley Town game, just down the road. This was the first time I’ve seen their first XV.

As a warm up, we were entertained by a U-11 match between Harbury and Rugby St Andrews, 15m each way in the bottom end on the main pitch in front of the clubhouse, which didn’t do much for the state of the wet ground, but was an interesting contest with a lot of endeavour and some neat handling, which Harbury won 10-5.

Then on to the main contest, the teams emerging from the clubhouse and running onto the pitch through a triumphal arch of red and white balloons, carefully erected by a party events organiser. Slightly surreal.

As for the game, well, an absolute nailbiter that went down to the wire. Yards (league champions in all but name) looked the classier side but Harbury (5th in the league) were up for it. In the first half, the home side missed three relatively easy penalties in the swirling wind; Yards scored the only try after 23m when Hendrick dived over in the corner.

A veritable monsoon arrived at half-time – getting around 200 people out of the lashing rain and into the bar was quite an acheivement, but we made it, and the Ostrich found a suitable perch in front of the windows overlooking the pitch, which he occupied for 20 minutes of the second half, until the windows finally and irretrievably steamed up! In that time, Harbury, playing down the slight slope, had conceded a 47m penalty but then Secher redeemed himself from his first half misses by scoring three penalties – 9-8 to Harbury ! So the stage was set for the finale – Yards laid siege to the Harbury lines. Their kicker, White had an easy penalty attempt on 78m but the ball blew off the tee twice – running out of time, he snatched the third attempt horribly wide. Anguished groans from the away support.

On 80m, another Yards penalty, this time from wide right – White was just wide. Had the Yards final chance gone? 82m and a third penalty from wide left. And White landed it – last kick of the match and 11-9 to the away side. You couldn’t have asked for a better finish!

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Mar 16, 2013, 10:50 PM

Team(s): non-league football

Post #278 of 1758 (61791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ostrich] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

NATIONAL DIVISION 2 NORTH BIRMINGHAM @ SOLIHULL RFC 16 PRESTON GRASSHOPPERS 19

Admission-£10 with prorgamme Attendance-144 Refreshments-real ale in the clubhouse from Silhill Brewery

GAME PLAYED ON PITCH 2 AT PORTWAY (pitch 1 was totally waterlogged).

Having visited this Portway site may years ago when Halfords used an outside footnall pitch (no longer there) in the Midland Combination, I knew I had to return for rugby union. It was not until 1.55 when I camE out of the clubhouse that I realised it was not being played on the main pitch; the visitors had agreed to play on pitch 2 next to the main pitch and the club had fully roped it off; reluctantly I decided to stay and watch a decent game with the result being in doubt till the end; I will have to return to tick off the main pitch.

Seagull
First Team Star

Mar 18, 2013, 11:57 AM

Post #279 of 1758 (61668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

North One West
Manchester 12 Altrincham Kersal 43
Att: 77 (h/c)
Admission: £5
Prog: 24pp, free with admission. Full colour, well written, laid out and professional, the best I've come across in RU this season.

Back in 2001 Manchester RUFC were in the second tier of English RU. After the all too familiar boom and bust scenario they have plummeted down to level 6, with a further drop all but inevitable. Within that time they've been relegated 4 times and in one spell went over 80 games without a win but have seen that off this year with wins against Fleetwood and Anselmians.

The ground very much bears testament to what was, with hospitality marquees half abandoned either side of the main stand (opened in 1977, seating c250) and a really impressive modern covered terrace opposite that would accomodate between 800-1000 with 6 steps of deep standing running from 22 to 22. Today the maximum number of occupants was just 15. The whole ground is at first glance rather impressive but on closer inspection has a rather tired air about it with many parts falling into disrepair or disuse. It's on the edge of affluent Cheadle Hulme with countryside nearby and views of the Peak District from the main stand.

Mid table AK were in the end far too good for their enthusiastic but outplayed opposition, who's team rather looked like a Youth team with 3-4 very old heads thrown in. They do have some promising players but will have a devils own job to hang on to them when they drop another level. AK brought around half the crowd and a very fast left winger who had a field day, scoring 4 tries (all from 50m plus) then giving up his 5th at the line to the supporting scrum half who almost dropped the ball at such generosity! The final try count of 6-2 was a fair reflection.

The feel of the club is that it flew too high too quickly and when the money ran dry there was no plan B. There is obviously some enthsiasm still there which is good to see, but I suspect they have a futher drop or two to make before the recovery starts on the field.

Well worth a visit though. A good day out which had been preceeded by something as far removed from visiting an RU club as you can get, joining around 1000 others at the Manchester Anti Bedroom Tax demo in Piccadilly Gardens. As big a day of contrasts as you could possibly get, I'd suspect; both equally worthwhile though, from my own personal viewpoint.

(This post was edited by Seagull on Mar 18, 2013, 12:01 PM)

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 18, 2013, 9:21 PM

Team(s): None

Post #280 of 1758 (61626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Seagull] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SSE National Division 1 (Division 3)
Blackheath 53 Sedgley Park 17 HT 31-3 Admission £12 (inc prog) + £2 stand admission Att.357

As my intended football match was called off early and I couldn't be bothered with making lots of phone calls, I decided to do what other members of this forum have done and sample the joys of Rugby Union. Only my 3rd game ever and my first for 25 years!
I chose Blackheath for two reasons, one they are the oldest open Rugby Club in the world and two there wasn't a great deal of choice due to it being an International weekend. The ground is fairly near to Charlton Athletic's Valley Stadium, although I decided not to do the double with the early kick-off v. Millwall there.
To gain admission to the ground one has to purchase a ticket from the Ticket Office (or hut), this includes an excellent programme. The ground has one good side with a stand with around 500 seats and some terracing. There is nothing behind one goal and on the opposite side from the strand is two small bits of temporary terracing as there is a cricket pitch and other Rugby pitch that side. There is also an electronic scoreboard.
Blackheath were formed in 1858 and were originally members of the Football Association, which they left in 1871 to form the Rugby Union. They were also instrumental in co-organising the first International match. Until professionalism was introduced into Rugby Union in 1995, they had more players capped by England than any other team. The clubhouse has a lot of memorablia from the Rugby and the Cricket clubs. There is also a Tennis club.
With all the rain we had on Friday and Saturday the pitch was quite wet with two small puddles and I'm sure a football match would have been postponed (unneccessarily) on a similiar pitch. However I didn't see any players lose their footing due to the wet pitch and I doubt whether the match was ever in any danger of being called off. As for the game it was all very one-sided with almost relegated Sedgley Park outclassed by their mid-table opponents, who made good use of their superior strength. 5 of their 9 tries were pushovers. Sedgley Park never gave up however and spent the last 5 minutes desparately trying to stop Blackheath from scoring their ninth try with endless scrums resulting before they did eventually cross the line.
As a spectacle it wasn't as good as Rugby League but still better than some of the dire football matches I have been to recently. Anyone who was at Barkingside v. Bethnal Green will know what I mean. The behaviour of players on the pitch was exemplary compared to football and better then Rugby League. The referee did not have to move the ball back 10 yards for 'backchat' once in the game.
Would be quite happy to go to another Rugby Union game on a wet Saturday.

jrev61

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 20, 2013, 11:36 PM

Post #281 of 1758 (61538 views)
Shortcut

The line ups for the Semi Finals of the RFU Intermediate Cup, Senior Vase and Junior Vase have been finalised. Divided into North and South the ties take place on Easter Saturday 30 March, all 3pm KO's as far as I know.
Intermediate Cup - Coalville v Bridlington - Brighton v St Austell
Senior Vase - Stourbridge Lions v Selby - Maidstone v Drybrook
Junior Vase - Baildon v Old Yardleians - Wymondham v Newent
Baildon may be of interest to anyone staying in Yorkshire for the Easter Hop looking for an alternative to Pickering Town, pity Bridlington and Selby were drawn away! Evening game at Tadcaster also reachable from Coalville.

(This post was edited by cherryhopper on Mar 20, 2013, 11:38 PM)

ciderjon
First Team Star

Mar 23, 2013, 9:32 AM

Team(s):

Post #282 of 1758 (61438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Re March 23

RU fixtures now falling foul of weather................Bridgend v Llandovery OFF

Last new Belgian beer: Lupulus (formerly Trois Fourquets) Triple 8.5% bc (808)

Ostrich
First Team Sub

Mar 23, 2013, 12:37 PM

Post #283 of 1758 (61410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ciderjon] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

....... as is my scheduled game for today, Sutton Coldfield v Syston in N3M.

Doesn't appear to be anything playable with a ball of any description around here, so I've reluctantly declared today a "white-out". Crazy

acmold

Mar 23, 2013, 2:06 PM

Post #284 of 1758 (61397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ostrich] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or

Since I stopped chasing a round ball for today, after a bit of dinner I started to have a look at egg shaped ones. I knew some where already off but it now seems around here no one will be playing with their balls today Cool

The Moose
First Team Star

Mar 23, 2013, 6:35 PM

Team(s):

Post #285 of 1758 (61377 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No footy new options left for me today due to snow, warthogs, fire & brimstone so ended up at eggchasing and;

NATIONAL LGE. DIV.2 STH: DINGS CRUSADERS 16 REDRUTH 14

ADM. INC PROG: £8 ATT: h/c 180

So with the weather ruining any attempts for new 'footygrounditis' being resolved I at least managed to get a new rugby ground sorted in North Brizzle. To be fair it was a decent game too with Dings being 13-0 up, then 13-14 down before winning it with a pen in the last minute so credit to both sides for having a real go in a quagmire.

Now once upon a time, Marty Pellow sang 'I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes'. Well today it was brass monkeys so I couldn't feel anything twuz that nippy! Three sides railed off and a small overhang on the clubhouse side so not a lot of cover for the masses. Within walking distance of Filton ABW rail station if that's your preference & tucked away in the Lockleaze estate. Well done to local officials for clearing the pitch of loads of rain/mud to get the game on so I could get my Saturday fix!

KRTM Cool

simonblues
Youth Team Regular

Mar 25, 2013, 5:52 PM

Post #286 of 1758 (61251 views)
Shortcut

Rugby Union Staffs Cup Semi-final
WALSALL v LICHFIELD

Match due for Wednesday 27th March is postponed due to the Staffordshire weather.

It is rearranged for Wednesday 3rd April kick off 7-30pm.

All still welcome!

tango602
Junior Team Star

Mar 25, 2013, 8:57 PM

Team(s): AFC Wimbledon, Bodmin Town, Cornish Rebels RL

Post #287 of 1758 (61233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simonblues] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This weekend I will be heading to Judgment Day for these two fixtures.

RaboDirect Pro12: Newport Gwent Dragons vs Llanelli Scarlets (Millennium Stadium)
KO: 2:30pm

RaboDirect Pro12: Cardiff Blues vs Ospreys (Millennium Stadium)
KO: 5:15pm

Normally found watching Bodmin Town or AFC Wimbledon

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 26, 2013, 8:38 AM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #288 of 1758 (61204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tango602] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

RaboDirect Pro12: Newport Gwent Dragons vs Llanelli Scarlets (Millennium Stadium)

Grrrr......pet hate time. Why don't they use their own grounds? Makes a mockery of the game. Same in England when they have games at Twickenham. Do they actually make that much more money out of it? I should stop letting a game I dislike so much wind me up. But..........

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 26, 2013, 2:06 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #289 of 1758 (61178 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Grrrr......pet hate time. Why don't they use their own grounds? Makes a mockery of the game. Same in England when they have games at Twickenham. Do they actually make that much more money out of it? I should stop letting a game I dislike so much wind me up. But..........

Yet the Magic Weekend is no doubt wonderful? Crazy

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 26, 2013, 2:21 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #290 of 1758 (61174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Doesn't count as one of their home games though. Its an extra set of fixtures, and everyone plays. I suppose if certain clubs want to give up home advantage it's their lookout.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 27, 2013, 1:40 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #291 of 1758 (61114 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Doesn't count as one of their home games though. Its an extra set of fixtures, and everyone plays. I suppose if certain clubs want to give up home advantage it's their lookout.

This is the equivalent for the Welsh clubs in this tournament - they all play and of course they'll make money out of it as it will to all intents and purposes be a celebration of the 6 Nations title 2013. And as for London clubs staging games at Twickenham - Harlequins beat London Irish in front of 82,000 just after Christmas with a mere 63,102 at the double header in September.
It wouldn't happen in league of course where they all always play on their own grounds - not! At least the RU boys stage home matches in their home country - how many countries have Catalans and Broncos called home........so far ? Tongue

zebedee
First Team Star

Mar 27, 2013, 4:45 PM

Team(s): Southport

Post #292 of 1758 (61091 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
At least the RU boys stage home matches in their home country - how many countries have Catalans and Broncos called home........so far ? Tongue

Think Catalans have played in France and Spain (although Catalan regions of both). Broncos in England and Wales.

In rugby union both Biarritz and Bayonne have played games across the border in Spain (San Sebastian) whilst Stade Francais have played a game in Geneva and attempted to play one in Brussels (eventually moved to Paris due to snow in Belgium). Saracens also attempted to play a 'home' game in South Africa but had to give up on this - I think they may also have had an unsuccesful attempt to play in Dubai as well.

Ostrich
First Team Sub

Mar 30, 2013, 5:24 PM

Post #293 of 1758 (61029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zebedee] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

National 3 Midlands
Sutton Coldfield RUFC 34 Syston RUFC 10
Admission: £4 (non member)
Programme: £1 glossy but pretty generic
Refreshments: slightly-above-ambient-temperature pork bun and coffee £4
Attendance: 214 (h/c)

Of course in the old days, before Leagues were invented and the unofficial Daily Telegraph Merit Table was no more than a gleam in someone’s eye, Easter used to be reserved for the Easter Tour, when every self-respecting rugby club decamped to Torbay, Weston-super-Mare or Scarborough to terrorise old ladies, create mayhem in hotels, and generally drink the county dry. If you were a “big” club, you entertained the Barbarians, or even a visiting international side.

These days, though, Easter is just a hole in the rugby calendar when nothing is scheduled - but it does provide a handy free day for rearranged fixtures, especially in weather-affected seasons like this one. So it was down to Sutton Coldfield today for the Ostrich’s final scheduled visit of the season, for the game against mid-table Leicestershire side Syston which had been postponed last weekend due to snow. The pitch actually looked in good nick, dry and springy, which is more than can be said for the training pitch, which looked like a herd of aurochs had rutted on it.

A nervy first quarter ensued with the home side making the odd mistake or two, and it wasn’t until the 20th minute that Sutton got into stride and scored a converted push-over try in the far right corner. They repeated the feat after 35m to take a 12-0 interval lead. The game got slightly fractious but the female referee (second lass I’ve seen with the whistle at Sutton this season) kept things under control without brandishing any cards.

After the break, Sutton were over the Syston try-line within a minute but were hauled back for an infringement; however, the scrum rolled Syston downfield again and went over in the corner, White converting to make it 19-0. Scrum-half Ward added the fourth try on 52m with a 50 yard gallop leaving three defenders in his wake, and 6 minutes later, White was over after a break by full-back Miller.

The tempo of the game wasn’t helped by the Syston physio whose top speed seemed to be a gentle amble, and with Sutton relaxing a bit, Syston got back into the game with two unconverted tries from Lockington and Torr, the former a good passing move and release into the corner, making it 29-10. The home side completed the scoring deep into added time with an interception by Hills who fed McCormack for the try.

Next weekend Sutton travel to league rivals Ampthill for a game that may well decide who gets automatic promotion and who goes into the play-offs. There’s two more rounds of matches after that to complete the fixture list, though, and neither side can afford to slip up. It should be an interesting climax to the season.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 2, 2013, 11:25 PM

Post #294 of 1758 (60851 views)
Shortcut

Listening to BBC Radio York on my way from Whitby to Tadcaster on Saturday evening I discovered that Harrogate Rugby Club are to move from their Claro Road ground to a new home at Rudding Lane on the South-Eastern edge of the town www.pitchero.com/clubs/harrogaterugby/news/re with planning permission granted for both sites. Work is expected to begin in June with the clubhouse due to be completed by September 2014 although the pitches may take a little longer depending on the weather, so should have at least another year, possibly two, to get to the old ground. Their final home league game this season is a mouthwatering clash against promotion rivals Sandal on April 13th (3pm KO).

IAN S
First Team Star

Apr 3, 2013, 10:23 AM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #295 of 1758 (60812 views)
Shortcut

I did Harrogate in 1996, they were "planning" to move then, so I wouldn't rush too much!

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 3, 2013, 12:57 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #296 of 1758 (60805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Going to catch Northampton v Sale on Saturday, April 20 at 1745, probably doubling with Long Buckby football beforehand. Anyone thinking of the same/similar, there's only a few 100 tickets for Franklin Gardens left though

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (948) Baza Arcom Progresul Spartac 1-1 Unirea Bascov
With FC United: 133
On the agenda:
21/9 FC United v Warrington Town
24/9 Warrington Town v FC United

dottirofhod

Apr 5, 2013, 9:11 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #297 of 1758 (60701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Whilst looking for summer football in Arran came across this, I know there is a thread somewhere re low scores but here is a very low one =
Not one point scored in Arran’s draw with Loch Lomond on February 19th,2013
Loch Lomond 0 Isle of Arran 0
How many no score draws in club rugby games come to mind? Nil-all after 80 minutes of rugby is almost unthinkable.
On Saturday,February 16 2013,at the home of Loch Lomond RFC the final score against Isle of Arran RFC was exactly that,nil-nil;not one point was scored by either side.
The Loch Lomond pack looked dominant right from the start but repeated mistakes gave Arran repeated penalties.
Desperate to get points on the board the island team chose to kick for goal five times.
But it just wasn’t fly-half Lachlan Jones’s day as all five penalty goals were awarded from difficult positions and were just out of reach

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 69 / 59 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 19 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

jrev61

Apr 5, 2013, 5:08 PM

Post #298 of 1758 (60677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

On December 22nd this season, which as many of us will remember was extremely wet. Old Northamptonians beat Peterborough Lions 3-0 with a very early penalty.
In Rugby League a Challenge Cup Semi-Final involving Hull FC finished 0-0, the replay was 4-0, although I can't remember who won.

jrev61

Loiner
First Team Star

Apr 5, 2013, 5:41 PM

Team(s): None. A supporter of grassroots football

Post #299 of 1758 (60671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Rugby League a Challenge Cup Semi-Final involving Hull FC finished 0-0, the replay was 4-0, although I can't remember who won.

It was just over 25 years ago.
I attended both matches between Halifax and Hull FC.
26/3/88 at Headingley 0-0
30/3/88 replay at Elland Road I have as 4-3.

jrev61

Apr 5, 2013, 9:20 PM

Post #300 of 1758 (60651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Loiner] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

It was just over 25 years ago.
I attended both matches between Halifax and Hull FC.
26/3/88 at Headingley 0-0
30/3/88 replay at Elland Road I have as 4-3.

My mistake about the replay, although I knew it was a low-scoring game.

jrev61

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 71 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3