NWCL Applications 2013/14

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 23, 2013, 11:55 AM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #51 of 70 (5726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wazzafan] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

1874 Northwich have announced that the FA have approved their application to join NWCL Division 1 for 2013/14. This still has to be ratified at the League AGM.

I'm sure Dotty will be delighted. I couldn't possibly comment.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

May 23, 2013, 2:40 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #52 of 70 (5592 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Does not surprise me a M M club who pinches another teams heritage entering a M M League instead of starting a brand new club (1874 my buttocks) in a league at the bottom of the pile.
No respect for club or league.
So the teams first kick in competitive football will be at Step 6 !! Pathetic.
Any news from Widnes yet ? No mention on their website or twitter/facebook !
Awaiting a statement on the NWCL Website shortly re constitution 2013/14 (30 mins last time I looked).

Edit. For anyone who does not understand english . M M = Micky Mouse.
And so I don't offend people on the forum I have replaced arse with buttocks. Some people really are buttocks.
Please p/m if any other interpreteation is needed.Be very wary !

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 69 / 59 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 19 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on May 23, 2013, 3:05 PM)

Sarumio

May 23, 2013, 2:46 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #53 of 70 (5580 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Does not surprise me a M M club who pinches another teams heritage entering a M M League instead of starting a brand new club (1874 my arse) in a league at the bottom of the pile.
No respect for club or league.
So the teams first kick in competitive football will be at Step 6 !! Pathetic.
Any news from Widnes yet ? No mention on their website or twitter/facebook !
Awaiting a statement on the NWCL Website shortly re constitution 2013/14 (30 mins last time I looked).

Can't really argue with any of that! Can't see them lasting long if Northwich Victoria do survive!

ComradeBT
Youth Team Star

May 23, 2013, 2:48 PM

Team(s): WWFC; WFC

Post #54 of 70 (5577 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Aside from the fact that your post employs almost incomprehensible English, please have some respect for fellow users of the forum and perhaps fans of 1874 Northwich who are trying to rescue some sort of sanity and hope from a terrible footballing situation in the town.

ComradeBT
-- Non-League football club founder.

490 different football grounds visited. Last out:

Oakfield Stadium - Melksham Town 1-4 Winchester City
Att: 470

dottirofhod

May 23, 2013, 2:53 PM

Post #55 of 70 (5566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ComradeBT] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So sorry you dont speak English,repeat no respect for the new name.
Anyway =
The FA's Leagues & Clubs Manager Mike Appleby has informed the League Management Committee of decisions made affecting the constitution of the NWCFL for season 2013/14.

The decisions were taken at a meeting of the Step 5/6 Review Group by the FA's Leagues Committee on Wednesday 22nd May, and are as follows.

Step 5 – Padiham FC confirmed as being promoted to Step 4 (Evo-Stik League Division One North).

Step 6 – Internal promotion/relegation matters between Step 5 (NWCFL Premier Division) and Step 6 (NWCFL Division One) to be determined by the NWCFL.

The League Management Committee can now therefore confirm the following details:

• Squires Gate will retain their place in the Premier Division, and Stone Dominoes will be relegated to Division One.

• Stone Dominoes have submitted their resignation from the League, although they do have the option of withdrawing this between now and the League AGM on the 15th June.

• Abbey Hey and West Didsbury & Chorlton will be promoted to the Premier Division.

• Formby have been denied promotion to the Premier Division as result of ground grading issues, and the club has accepted the League Management Committee’s decision in relation to this. A further statement on Formby’s position will be made in due course.

The FA Leagues Committee have confirmed the promotion of Hanley Town FC from Step 7 (Staffordshire Senior League) to Step 6 (NWCFL Division One), subject to a final inspection taking place.

In addition, the FA Leagues Committee have agreed that the following clubs will be allocated to Step 6:

1874 Northwich FC
Widnes Vikings FC

These two clubs will now be automatically allocated to the NWCFL Division One, and will be admitted to the League at the AGM on 15th June. This decision by the FA removes any requirement for existing member clubs to vote on whether the two clubs should be admitted to the NWCFL.

There were no other ground grading issues identified by the Ground Grading Technical Panel.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 69 / 59 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 19 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Richard Rundle

May 23, 2013, 2:55 PM

Post #56 of 70 (5559 views)
Shortcut

What a shambles. The FA should be embarrassed by their own decisions.

KnowYourMarket

May 23, 2013, 3:44 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #57 of 70 (5508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Step 6 is in effect the bottom of the pyramid if there are vacancies. That has been pretty consistent, the NWCFL is currently running below capacity.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

stugg93
Reserve Team Regular

May 23, 2013, 3:51 PM

Team(s): Southampton, Shef Weds, Shef Utd, Ipswich, Blackfield & L, Hythe & Dibden

Post #58 of 70 (5492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I really have no problem with this at all in these instances. Northwich is an absolute shambles at the moment and I think the fans have every right set up their own club, when the owner of the original club has been very hostile to outside offers and seems to running the club in such a stupid way! (The stadium issue being such a cock-up!). As for the team being placed in the NWC1, why not? There is space? the club will have quite a large following, and it won't be run into the ground like the original club seems to be suffering. On the other case of Widnes, the town is surely one of the largest in the country without a club in the top 10 levels of English football, so to put it in straight at level 10, seems legit to me, especially again where their are unfilled spaces at the moment.

Veteran

May 23, 2013, 6:07 PM

Post #59 of 70 (5424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Whilst I have every sympathy with the fans at Northwich I have to agree with Dotty that it is ridiculous to allow a brand new club to start at Step 6. I would make ALL new clubs, yes even the "Phoenixes", start at the very bottom.

I also cannot agree with KYM that Step 6 is now the bottom of the Pyramid. The FA have now interfered down to at least Step 7 - mind you, what a mess they have made of that !

If there are any vacancies at Step 6 they should be offered first to established clubs who aspire to that level but don't quite meet the ground grading criteria yet, obviously with time restrictions to bring facilities up to standard a la "I don't believe it's Step 6" Invicta League. If we can have a plethora of non-floodlit clubs at Step 6 in the South, why shouldn't the FA "instruct" the NWCFL to relax its gradings similarly. I am sure there are several clubs in the West Lancs for instance who might be glad of this chance.

dottirofhod

May 23, 2013, 6:53 PM

Post #60 of 70 (5380 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ComradeBT] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
please have some respect for fellow users of the forum and perhaps fans of 1874 Northwich who are trying to rescue some sort of sanity and hope from a terrible footballing situation in the town.

This endears myself to the Cause , on their website now -

“UP AND RUNNING” in time for our FIRST season in 2013/2014.
Whats 1874 got to do with it ?

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on May 23, 2013, 6:55 PM)

kazy
Junior Team Star

May 23, 2013, 7:13 PM

Post #61 of 70 (5354 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
, please have some respect for fellow users of the forum and perhaps fans of 1874 Northwich who are trying to rescue some sort of sanity...

By adding a ridiculous 1874 prefix to a club formed in 2013 ?

Doesn't sound anything like sanity to me.

(This post was edited by kazy on May 23, 2013, 7:16 PM)

rimmm
Youth Team Sub

May 23, 2013, 10:41 PM

Team(s): Everton Southport Formby (1919 - 2014)

Post #62 of 70 (5266 views)
Shortcut

It's my understanding that Widnes Vikings play on an i-pitch at the Stobart Stadium,the home of the Rugby League Club. Is this the case and are these pitches acceptable for FA competitions?

Last Match: Sunday 15th November
FA Vase 2nd Round
Coventry United 1 Uttoxeter Town 2

VP

May 23, 2013, 10:49 PM

Post #63 of 70 (5252 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rimmm] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
It's my understanding that Widnes Vikings play on an i-pitch at the Stobart Stadium,the home of the Rugby League Club. Is this the case and are these pitches acceptable for FA competitions?

The FA don't go into details regarding the different names manufacturers come up with for their pitches. They're either natural grass or artificial in the FA's (and possibly FIFA's) eyes. Artificial surfaces have a test that has to be done every year for bounce etc. Pass that and the pitch is allowed.

A quick Google comes up with the 2008 test methods. I'm sure later versions are available somewhere - http://www.uefa.com/.../745207_DOWNLOAD.pdf

(This post was edited by VP on May 23, 2013, 10:55 PM)

dottirofhod

May 23, 2013, 11:03 PM

Post #64 of 70 (5233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rimmm] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They do , at the moment as Widnes Town of West Cheshire D3.
West Cheshire still use Widnes Town for them whilst their own website has them as Vikings ( http://www.pitchero.com/...team-info-82452.html )
VP is our FA expert , but I think you can use until certain rounds in the Cups ? I await advice.

Edit. Bloody hell getting slow VP is already there , shouldn't have gone for a cuppa, he wasn't there when I started !

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on May 23, 2013, 11:20 PM)

HarryC
First Team Star

May 24, 2013, 8:08 AM

Team(s): Fleet, Aldershot, Chelsea

Post #65 of 70 (5022 views)
Shortcut

Formby have arranged a groundshare at Burscough for 2 years to retain their NWC status

Hangabout
Youth Team Star

May 24, 2013, 2:38 PM

Team(s):

Post #66 of 70 (4906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stugg93] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I really have no problem with this at all in these instances. Northwich is an absolute shambles at the moment and I think the fans have every right set up their own club, when the owner of the original club has been very hostile to outside offers and seems to running the club in such a stupid way! (The stadium issue being such a cock-up!). As for the team being placed in the NWC1, why not? There is space? the club will have quite a large following, and it won't be run into the ground like the original club seems to be suffering. On the other case of Widnes, the town is surely one of the largest in the country without a club in the top 10 levels of English football, so to put it in straight at level 10, seems legit to me, especially again where their are unfilled spaces at the moment.

I have a problem with it. Teams like Pinxton have been applying for promotion to Step 6 for years only to miss out because they finish runners-up in their Step 7 league every season. Then they see brand new clubs put straight into the pyramid above them. Must really make them feel good about the whole system!

That being said if Northwich were re-forming I wouldn't have such an issue but from where I'm sitting they are effectively jumping the queue.

Sarumio

May 24, 2013, 2:47 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #67 of 70 (4891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hangabout] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I have a problem with it. Teams like Pinxton have been applying for promotion to Step 6 for years only to miss out because they finish runners-up in their Step 7 league every season. Then they see brand new clubs put straight into the pyramid above them. Must really make them feel good about the whole system!

That being said if Northwich were re-forming I wouldn't have such an issue but from where I'm sitting they are effectively jumping the queue.

The problem with that argument is....that there technically is no queue, as only Hanley Town made an application for promotion from the NWCL six feeder leagues, and they were allowed up anyway. If there had been 4 other clubs applying and this new silly Northwich club got a place in NWCL Division One ahead of them, then I'd agree that that would be wrong and completely unfair!

acmold

May 24, 2013, 3:02 PM

Post #68 of 70 (4870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or

The NWC covers a large area yet it struggles for clubs, it's Cherry Picked and voted in numerous newly formed clubs in last few seasons. Must be getting on for ten in the last 10 or so seasons. Yet at the higher levels the area has it's fair share of clubs a batter ration then east of the Pennines. It is due to the step 7 league being strong but clubs not wanting to come up, how often do we see a new team in from Liverpool or the Wirral based feeders.

Veteran

May 24, 2013, 4:22 PM

Post #69 of 70 (4810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Not just clubs now wanting to come up, but having to satisfy NWCL ground gradings before admission, notably floodlights.
Offer them a year or two's grace to get facilities up to scratch and it might be a wholly different story.

PaulC

May 27, 2013, 10:07 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #70 of 70 (4535 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] NWCL Applications 2013/14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The decisions were taken at a meeting of the Step 5/6 Review Group by the FA's Leagues Committee on Wednesday 22nd May, and are as follows.

Step 5 – Padiham FC confirmed as being promoted to Step 4 (Evo-Stik League Division One North).

Step 6 – Internal promotion/relegation matters between Step 5 (NWCFL Premier Division) and Step 6 (NWCFL Division One) to be determined by the NWCFL.

The League Management Committee can now therefore confirm the following details:

• Squires Gate will retain their place in the Premier Division, and Stone Dominoes will be relegated to Division One.

• Stone Dominoes have submitted their resignation from the League, although they do have the option of withdrawing this between now and the League AGM on the 15th June.

• Abbey Hey and West Didsbury & Chorlton will be promoted to the Premier Division.

• Formby have been denied promotion to the Premier Division as result of ground grading issues, and the club has accepted the League Management Committee’s decision in relation to this. A further statement on Formby’s position will be made in due course.

The FA Leagues Committee have confirmed the promotion of Hanley Town FC from Step 7 (Staffordshire Senior League) to Step 6 (NWCFL Division One), subject to a final inspection taking place.

In addition, the FA Leagues Committee have agreed that the following clubs will be allocated to Step 6:

1874 Northwich FC
Widnes Vikings FC

These two clubs will now be automatically allocated to the NWCFL Division One, and will be admitted to the League at the AGM on 15th June.

NWC website

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3