Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!!

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

mip
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 30, 2013, 4:14 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #151 of 399 (17991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I watched the meeting on Eurosport Michael, and I thought it was pretty good - better than Cardiff at any rate. There appeared to be more than 15,000 there as one side looked to be full. The pricing you mention is crazy though - the equivalent in Cardiff was £38 but you could have paid up to £100 if you wanted to. TV boys were saying it's probably not going to happen at Parken next year as they'd rather have the Eurovision?
Zagar very unlucky to be excluded early but he rode like a man possessed thereafter and Ward was just different class. Shame for grumpy Nicki though Wink

I'm probably just turning into a grumpy old git Wink. I got fazed with the volume of music and speaking (and the inane speaker) and the sound in Parken is notoriously poor with sound rebounding off the concrete surfaces. And annoyed with people fetching beer, popcorn, more beer, hotdogs all the time Frown. I had difficulty concentrating on the speedway at times. But there was good racing.

I guessed at between 15 and 16,000 before the crowd was announced. The side facing TV cameras was almost full (empty pockets though) but the upper tier of the other side almost empty and half of the lower tier closed off. 16,000 at the grass banks at Vojens last year and much better atmosphere. The stronghold of Danish speedway is in Jutland but the facilities at Vojens are poor for a big event. Aarhus would be an interesting choice, 20,000 seats and an athletic track so room for a larger track but I have heard nothing to suggest it won't be Parken again next year.

Parken has turned down the opportunity to stage the Eurovision next year, last time they staged it was the reason for the roof coming on, as they want to concentrate on football. Pity as I had hoped the pitch would be next to destroyed so teams would have an advantage if they came to kick the crap out of FC København.

No sleep lost for Nicki from me. He just didn't have the speed yesterday. Michael Jepsen Jensen and Peter Kildemand have become my favourites.

bagman
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 30, 2013, 5:17 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #152 of 399 (17978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday June 22 2013

Leicester Lions v Somerset Rebels

LEICESTER 46
K Nieminen 3 2’ 1’ 1 1 - - 8+2
J Graversen 1 3 3 2 - - - 9
L Bjerre 2 1 1’ 2 - - - 6+1
K Doolan 1’ 3 2 3 0 - - 9+1
M Karlsson 2 2 2 X - - - 6
A Edberg 1 1’ 2’ R - - - 4+2
R Branford 3 0 0 1 - - - 4
Team Manager: Glyn Taylor

SOMERSET 47
J Doyle 2 2 3 3 3 - - 13
K Newman 0 0 1 1 - - - 2
N Morris 3 3 3 3 2’ - - 14+1
A Davies 0 0 R 2 - - - 2
J Grajczonek 3 R 6^ 2’ - - - 11+1
S Nielsen X - - - - - - 0
T Perry 2 1 1 0 0 1 0 5
Team Manager: Garry May

Referee: Dan Holt

HEAT DETAILS SCORE
1: Nieminen, Doyle, Graversen, Newman 63.05 (4-2)
2: (re-run x 2) Branford, Perry, Edberg, Nielsen (f.exc), 64.63 (8-4)
3: Morris, Bjerre, Doolan, Davies, 62.78 (11-7)
4: Grajczonek, Karlsson, Perry, Branford, 62.78 (13-11)
5: Doolan, Doyle, Bjerre, Newman, 62.15 (17-13)
6: (re-run) Graversen, Nieminen, Perry, Grajczonek (ret), 63.09 (22-14)
7: (re-run) Morris, Karlsson, Edberg, Davies, 63.19 (25-17)
8: Graversen, Edberg, Newman, Perry, 63.65 (30-18)
9: Grajczonek^, Doolan, Bjerre, Perry, 63.37 (33-24)
10: Morris, Graversen, Nieminen, Davies (ret), 63.00 (36-27)
11: Doyle, Karlsson, Newman, Edberg (ret), 62.96 (38-31)
12: Morris, Bjerre, Perry, Branford, 63.25 (40-35)
13: (re-run) Doyle, Grajczonek, Nieminen, Karlsson (f.exc), 64.00 (41-40)
14: Doolan, Davies, Branford, Perry, 64.00 (45-43)
15: Doyle, Morris, Nieminen, Doolan, 63.94 (46-47)

buncranaboy

Jun 30, 2013, 9:58 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #153 of 399 (17944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bagman] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Weather looks set fair, so possibly a visit to Owlerton on Thursday for Sheffield v Newcastle in the League Cup Semi-Final.

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 3, 2013, 2:08 PM

Team(s):

Post #154 of 399 (17822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just 4 new tracks so far this season.
Chervonograd, U21 Qualifier
Kent Kings V Mildenhall
Neuenknick, open meeting
Munkebo V Holsted, nice to meet MIP here, track didn't lend itself to decent racing, but at least it was (another) cheap trip.
Also seen all Ipswich homes meetings (except one), these have been very enjoyable, the new track shape is working well now, and now they've found the right material to chuck on it, the racing is as good as anywhere. Also the stadium improvements are well underway, by the start of next season Foxhal will be the best Speedway/stock car stadium in the country. Off to the USA late August for 5 meetings, plus lots of other things.

buncranaboy

Jul 5, 2013, 12:29 AM

Post #155 of 399 (17718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Premier League Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg : Sheffield 47 Newcastle 43. Admission with racecard £15. Att 800 est.

A perfect night for speedway at a cracking track. Owlerton is just down the road from Hillsborough and is an old-school dog track and speedway stadium with a wonderful frontage. A huge car-park is out front at £2 and you enter between the stand and one of the covered terraces. There's loads of covered terracing with the full-length main stand now converted into the bar/restaurant ensemble seen at most dog tracks these days. The far side is open terracing but wasn't in use but there were plenty of good vantage points and a good crowd in to enjoy a cracking meeting. On the ground floor of the stand is a cafe doing the best scran I've seen at speedway and I settled on a large pie,peas and gravy at £3.40. Pints upstairs at around £3.60 but it's a tad sanitised up there.
No programme as you'd know it, but a large glossy fold-over card with the relevent bits on the inside given free with admission.
It's a big fast track and we saw lots of good racing with the final heat win by Richard Hall to secure a home advantage topping the lot. Never more than 6 between them at any stage and both times Sheffield stretched that far ahead they immediately conceded a 5-1 to keep it tight all night. Top scorers Hall 12 and Ricky Wells with 9+2 for the home team; Richie Worrall 11+2, Stuart Robson 9+2 and Lewis Kerr 9+1 for the Diamonds.
Most enjoyable and no sighting of our Sheffield Tigers man from the forum.

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Jul 9, 2013, 12:32 PM

Team(s): Palace/Epsom and Ewell/Didcot Town and Djurgardens IF.

Post #156 of 399 (17483 views)
Shortcut

Monday July 8th at Central Park, Sittingbourne, Tapes 18:30ish, parking free, admission 12 quid, programme 2 quid.
Tasty ham, egg and chips four pounds eighty. Badge 4 pounds.
Kent Kings 39:52 Mildenhall Fen Tigers, National League.

My first meeting of the year, and only 1 of two UK tracks I needed, the other being Glasgow, see >

http://hopticklist.wordpress.com/...iew_nonce=10421d01bb

An afternoon off work, with a stop at WestBerksPalaces elderly parents in Surrey on the way over. M25 was heavy with traffic due to roadworks on large section before M26/M20.

After the demise of Wimbledon/Reading and Oxford, I find limited opportunity to watch live these days, I'm not a fan of the racing at Swindon, so only usually go there once a season. 10/12 years ago I was watching about 25 meetings a season, this year I doubt I'll see more than 3 or 4!

The continual tinkering with rules, and for reasons above has seen my interest in the sport wane in recent years. But it was good to see some shale action.

The first thing that struck me as soon as I got in the stadium, was the famous Sittingbourne 'micro climate', arriving in shorts and short sleeved shirt after another day of temps touching 25-29Celcius, a cool wind was skipping around the stadium, with the sun only hitting bends 3/4 and the back straight. I should have known, I used to live in Maidstone, I had watched Speedway at Iwade, and had also seen football in Central park in the past, it's set up high is Sittingbourne, and within minutes of taking my seat I had goose pimples all over my arms, my friend Dave Lewis who I'd met there was also feeling it.

Central Park is a new venue to Speedway this year, although it has been talked about for years. The Rye House raiders have decamped here for 2013, known now as the Kent Kings.

Sadly the 3rd division racing hardly warmed us. A host of early meeting falls, most on bend4 created some delays and re-runs, passing was at a minumum. Heat leader and captain Steve Boxall for KK looked head and shoulders over the other riders on show, apart from perhaps the visitors Jon Armstrong. But he had little back up, apart from youngster Kingston, the visitors spread the points around the team, and it was good to see Aaron Baseby who I remembered from my days watching at the charming Iwade back in the early-mid 2000s.

The track seemed pretty good, and I'd like to have seen more experienced riders on it, but frankly the racing wont live long in the memory, and I wont be taking another half day leave to watch here, shame that the 8.30pm curfew means such an early start. A good crowd of 6-700 turned out, and hopefully they will continue to do so, because Speedway in the South of England, with its lack of tracks is at a very low ebb indeed, and any new enterprise needs to be well supported.

2019-20 - 32 games, last Loughborough Foxes v Nottm Forest Women 10/10, goals 101, avgpg 3.15, new grounds 9. Last - Loughborough University 10/10.
New Grounds in 2019 - 22. 2018 - 44. 2017 -44. Grounds in Total - 1215.
RL Grounds - 34 (Last - Craven Park, Barrow - 8/9/19), Speedway Tracks 50.

mip

Jul 9, 2013, 1:46 PM

Post #157 of 399 (17476 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

The continual tinkering with rules, and for reasons above has seen my interest in the sport wane in recent years. But it was good to see some shale action.

Would you care to elaborate for someone fairly new to this sport?

footiemug
Youth Team Sub

Jul 13, 2013, 2:43 AM

Team(s): Eastbourne teams

Post #158 of 399 (17315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Friday 12th July

Lakeside Hammers 43 V Swindon Robins 47
Admission £17
Prog £2.50
Badge.Picked one up to buy,told it was £7,so didn't bother.

A really good top of the table clash,with the Hammers always in the lead to heat 11,pulled back on heat 12 and finally lost 43-47.
Good team racing by swindon.

Then it took us 1 hour 15 mins to get back across the Dartford crossing.3 lanes shut for roadworks.NIGHTMARE..........

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Jul 15, 2013, 1:08 PM

Post #159 of 399 (17170 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Would you care to elaborate for someone fairly new to this sport?

Where shall I start! 1/ Tactical rides, allowing a team getting getting well beaten a potential free double point score for no reason.
2/ The joker in the world team cup, last year had riders slowing up to avoid winning, to 'tactically' not allow the opposition use of joker (double points). 3/ The team that WINS the Elite league, then has to go into a farcical play off system to be allowed to be crowned champions, if they WIN! This is only for the pockets of the promoters, and for the SKY cameras. Champions are champions, end of.

When will they learn that a close scoreline does not equate to exciting or interesting racing.

I'm sure others can post other points......Crazy

2019-20 - 32 games, last Loughborough Foxes v Nottm Forest Women 10/10, goals 101, avgpg 3.15, new grounds 9. Last - Loughborough University 10/10.

(This post was edited by WestBerksPalace on Jul 15, 2013, 1:10 PM)

buncranaboy

Jul 18, 2013, 11:33 PM

Post #160 of 399 (16957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

With the scorchio weather continuing into next week, I'm going to have a dash at getting to Peterborough v Birmingham in the Elite League on Monday night, M6 South/A14 permitting

acmold

Jul 20, 2013, 9:00 AM

Post #161 of 399 (16746 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or

The world team cup shows how silly the rules have got, when a national called Greg Hancock gets within a few points of qualifying for the final

mip

Jul 21, 2013, 9:50 PM

Post #162 of 399 (16573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The world team cup shows how silly the rules have got, when a national called Greg Hancock gets within a few points of qualifying for the final

And in both the Race Off and Final motor stops in heat 15 allowed a timely use of the Joker in heat 16...

buncranaboy

Jul 23, 2013, 12:07 AM

Post #163 of 399 (16496 views)
Shortcut

Elite League : Peterborough Panthers 45 Birmingham Brummies 45. Admission £17; Prog £3. Att c.900

When you get a good speedway meeting, it's hard to beat for sporting entertainment - this was such a meeting.
Bottom of the table and much-changed in recent weeks, Peterborough were 31-23 ahead with six races left, high-flying Birmingham having secured only one heat advantage and being outgunned by Panthers reserves who had to work overtime when Ryan Fisher cried off after one heat. Two 5-1's followed by two 4-2's had the visitors four ahead with two heats left. Heat 14 saw the inspired Hougaard lead Buczkowski for a 5-1 to tie it up and the last heat was ding-dong with all 4 crossing the line together. Chris Harris was given the nod, Bjerre and Hougaard pipped Danny King and we had a breathless draw. Fabulous action on a great track.
The East of England Showground is just off the A1M to the west of Peterborough and covers a vast area. There's loads of parking (£1) and the speedway arena consists of one full-length seated stand with grass banking opposite. Standing at the rear of the stand gave a great view. There's the usual catering on site and my curry and chips at £3.50 was good; cider at £3.20 essential on a sweltering night and I had one between each heat before easing into the car for the return drive, that after popping in to the lovely Crown Inn at nearby Elton en route.
Top scorers : Hougaard 13+3 (7 rides) and Bjerre 10; Harris 14 and Smolinski 9+1 for Brummies.

(This post was edited by buncranaboy on Jul 23, 2013, 12:10 AM)

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Jul 25, 2013, 1:38 PM

Post #164 of 399 (16232 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Elite League : Peterborough Panthers 45 Birmingham Brummies 45. Admission £17; Prog £3. Att c.900

When you get a good speedway meeting, it's hard to beat for sporting entertainment - this was such a meeting.
Bottom of the table and much-changed in recent weeks, Peterborough were 31-23 ahead with six races left, high-flying Birmingham having secured only one heat advantage and being outgunned by Panthers reserves who had to work overtime when Ryan Fisher cried off after one heat. Two 5-1's followed by two 4-2's had the visitors four ahead with two heats left. Heat 14 saw the inspired Hougaard lead Buczkowski for a 5-1 to tie it up and the last heat was ding-dong with all 4 crossing the line together. Chris Harris was given the nod, Bjerre and Hougaard pipped Danny King and we had a breathless draw. Fabulous action on a great track.
The East of England Showground is just off the A1M to the west of Peterborough and covers a vast area. There's loads of parking (£1) and the speedway arena consists of one full-length seated stand with grass banking opposite. Standing at the rear of the stand gave a great view. There's the usual catering on site and my curry and chips at £3.50 was good; cider at £3.20 essential on a sweltering night and I had one between each heat before easing into the car for the return drive, that after popping in to the lovely Crown Inn at nearby Elton en route.
Top scorers : Hougaard 13+3 (7 rides) and Bjerre 10; Harris 14 and Smolinski 9+1 for Brummies.

Racing is always good at Peterborough, that and Poole probably being my favouirite venues for view from the stands and good racing.

Re; cider at £3.20 essential on a sweltering night and I had one between each heat

Surely not every heat?

buncranaboy

Jul 25, 2013, 1:48 PM

Post #165 of 399 (16229 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Racing is always good at Peterborough, that and Poole probably being my favouirite venues for view from the stands and good racing.

Re; cider at £3.20 essential on a sweltering night and I had one between each heat

Surely not every heat?

Well okay, I had a brace. Our Oxfordshire correspondent enjoys tales of excess drinking and driving and I'd hate to disappoint him so a little embellishment here and there always helps.

I've only got the "extremity" tracks left to do and they're a long way from here; maybe something will dovetail with the Northern Hop at Easter...........

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Jul 25, 2013, 4:07 PM

Post #166 of 399 (16201 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Surely not every heat?

Well okay, I had a brace. Our Oxfordshire correspondent enjoys tales of excess drinking and driving and I'd hate to disappoint him so a little embellishment here and there always helps.

I've only got the "extremity" tracks left to do and they're a long way from here; maybe something will dovetail with the Northern Hop at Easter...........

Ah, embellishment! You should check out a track called 'The Proposperous tales of Ken McKenzie' by an 80s band called 'I Ludicrous'. Some great boasting on that track "I once had a shower with two american girls (really Ken), I once saw the Palace score six goals away from home (never Ken), and I saw the sex pistols at the 100 club (is that right Ken) etc. great stuffTongue They also had a great little ditty called 'Three English football grounds' about Burnden Park/Craven Cottage and The Den.

"Burnden Park, home of the trotters, the ground surrounded by urban deraliction, two pound fifty to get in, and the beer is great"

I only need Glasgow;

http://hopticklist.wordpress.com/...dway&x=5&y=9

(This post was edited by WestBerksPalace on Jul 25, 2013, 4:33 PM)

ozzys mate
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 25, 2013, 8:51 PM

Team(s): yeovil town & slough town

Post #167 of 399 (16163 views)
Shortcut

Friday 26th july - somerset rebels v Scunthorpe scorpions

buncranaboy

Jul 26, 2013, 2:04 PM

Post #168 of 399 (16071 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ozzys mate] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

BSPA site shows a rare meeting at Northside, Workington on Sunday August 11th being round 5 of the British Youth Championship. There's also Workington v Scunthorpe in the Premier League the same day. They surely wouldn't clash, would they....?

Jim S
Youth Team Star

Jul 26, 2013, 2:22 PM

Team(s):

Post #169 of 399 (16065 views)
Shortcut

Northside will be in the afternoon with Workington at 7pm.

mip

Jul 29, 2013, 7:54 PM

Post #170 of 399 (15845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jim S] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thursday 25th July, Allsvenskan (level 2)
FNC Gnistorna v Örnarna (Sparks v Eagles) 40-50 Admission free, parking SEK20 (£2), programme with scorecard SEK20, hamburger and coffee SEK55 (£5), att. 2758 (never – see below).

After a day touring the beautiful Wallander badlands of southern Skåne photographing railway stations (my nephew’s way of passing time) and having coffee and cake at Fridolfs Konditori in Ystad, we descended on Malmö Motorstadion, just off the motorway ring road, for this 2nd level meeting between the home side and the visitors from Mariestad. It was a good meeting albeit not overly exciting, for that the visitors, leading Allsvenskan, were too strong. Peter Ljung (13+1) and Mikael Max (10+2) top scored for the home side with the visitors having four riders on 9 and 10 points (Magnus Karlsson best at 10 in four heats). Gnistorna had a woman riding two heats. She threw herself in the mix in the first bend and was third for a fraction of a second in both heats but completely lacked the speed to compete.

It’s a long track and the grass oval around the track is huge. There’s a path around the track halfway up the grass bank with five rows of benches beneath the path on both straights and concession stalls behind the seating sections. Some people had brought garden chairs to poise themselves atop the bank.

This was Gnistorna’s so-called “1 krone” match where sponsors sign up to pay 1 krone for each spectator who in turn has free access. I estimated the crowd at 1300 before the attendance was announced. Either they’ve just made up a number to give them a nice pay-day or they doubled the actual attendance. Gnistorna average around 700 for normal meetings.

It was my nephew’s first speedway meeting and he liked it and will join for Fjelsted’s meeting on Wednesday.

I’d go to Sweden a lot more often if the bridge tolls weren’t absolute crazy - £50 to cross Great Belt and £75 at Øresund Frown.

bagman

Aug 4, 2013, 7:09 PM

Post #171 of 399 (15501 views)
Shortcut

Friday 2 August 2013

Lakeside Hammers 50 v Birmingham Brummies 40

Lakeside Hammers = 50
1. Peter Karlsson 3, 1*, 3, 3, 2* = 12+2
2. Lewis Bridger 2*, 2, 2, 2* = 8+2
3. Sebastian Ulamek 1*, 0, 1*, 1 = 3+2
4. Piotr Swiderski 2, 2, 2, 2* = 8+1
5. Davey Watt 2, 2, 2, 2*, 3 = 11+1
6. Kevin Doolan 2, 0, 1* = 3+1
7. Richard Lawson 1*, 0, 1*, 0, 3 = 5+2
Birmingham Brummies = 40
1. Edward Kennett (G) 0, 3, 3, 0 = 6
2. Jason Doyle R/R
3. Danny King 3, 3, 3, 1, 3, 0 = 13
4. Ben Barker 1, 0, 1, 0, 0 = 2
5. Martin Smolinski 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1 = 10
6. Adam Roynon (G) 0, 0, 0 = 0
7. Mikkel Bech (G) 3, 3, 0, 0, 2*, 1 = 9+1
He

mip

Aug 5, 2013, 11:24 PM

Post #172 of 399 (15439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bagman] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Monday 5th August
Outrup v Slangerup 45-39 Admission DKK100 (£11), programme with scorecard DKK25, sausage/bread and coffee DKK40, att. 1050.

This was a good meeting with the outcome in the balance until the final heat. Slangerup started best and lead 24-18 and 32-28 after 10 heats despite Outrup looking the stronger side on paper. Two 5-1 turned the result in favour of the home team and 4-2 in the final heat sealed the two points for the home team with captain Mads Korneliussen outstanding (17 points in 6 starts). He was ably supported by Andrzej Lebedevs, whose name caused the speaker all sorts of problems, (12+1) and Krzystof Jablonski (10+2) while his brother Miroslaw scored 13 points for Slangerup. Peter Ljung, captain of the away side, disappointed with 6 points in 5 starts.

Outrup is a village in western Jutland and one of the smaller clubs in the league. They recorded their only second win in 9 meetings this season today. Slangerup is 5th (of 8) but will be disappointed with their season as they harbour little hope of reaching top-4 and the “Grand Final”. It’s a short track at Outrup with times of 56 s and quite decent spectator facilities. There’s grassed terracing on the home straight extending into the first bend where it’s quite substantial with 20 or so steps. Behind the terracing, park-style bench/table sets are put up and a motley collection of more or less temporarily-looking buildings make it out as concession stalls, VIP area, cafeteria and offices. The remainder of the track is encircled by grass banking.

bagman

Aug 13, 2013, 7:53 PM

Post #173 of 399 (15291 views)
Shortcut

KENT CTA FIRE KINGS WEATHER THE STORMKENT CTA FIRE KINGS 54 COVENTRY CITY GEARBOXES STORM 39 (National League)
By Kent CTA Fire Kings Speedway | Tuesday 13th August 2013
Last night was expected to be a nail biter of a meeting at Central Park after the Storm winning at Brandon 59-33 in mid-June. But the CTA Fire Kings weathered all the Coventry ‘Storm’ could muster and secured their second home League win 54-39, with a stunning all round team performance led by skipper Steve Boxall’s 15 point unbeaten maximum.
With five shared heats the Kings knocked in seven heat advantages although Benji Compton suffered in his first two rides where his bike failed to start which was tracked down to coil and plug lead problems but once sorted out he hit back with two fine wins. Jack Kingston hit the safety fence yards from the finishing line in heat two after leading by almost half a lap, thankfully he was up quickly and able to carry on in the meeting gaining a paid win in heat 4 behind Ben Morley who again produced a solid performance and return and a great ride to hold off James Sarjeant in heat 7. David Mason posting a sold 7 points steadied the team but the shining light for the Kings was the vastly improved young Devonian Connor Coles 8+2. His best performance yet for the Kings which included a heat 8 race win much to the delight of the Kings fans and two 5-1’s with his skipper in heat 6 and heat 10.
James Sarjeant twice demolished the tapes early on and failed to stay still at the tapes. Although team-mate Joe Jacobs 18 points included a six point tactical ride in heat 11 with Oliver Greenwood taking the following heat the Storm briefly threatened to get back into the meeting. Skipper Boxall swooped past Jacobs in heat 13 which guaranteed a second successive home league win for the improving CTA Fire Kings. Compton and Adam Kirby combined for a 5-1 in the awarded penultimate heat 14. Greenwood clipped Kirby who fell with referee Dan Holt awarding the race in the Kings favour while Boxall duly completed a fine maximum by again defeating Jacobs in the final heat to give the Kings a 54-39 victory.

bagman

Aug 30, 2013, 9:38 PM

Post #174 of 399 (14365 views)
Shortcut

Monday 26th August 2013

Rye House 56 v 36 Berwick Bandits Programme £2

Rye House scorers: Anders Mellgren 13, Kasper Lykke 12+1, Olly Allen 8+2, Tyson Nelson 8+1, Pontus Aspgren 6+1, Oliver Greenwood 5+2, Jason Bunyan 4.

Berwick scorers: Kozza Smith 10, David Bellego 9+2, Nicki Barrett 5+1, Seb Alden 3, Robin Aspegren 3, Matthew Wethers 3, Liam Carr 3.

buncranaboy

Sep 20, 2013, 6:14 PM

Post #175 of 399 (14238 views)
Shortcut

Probably no football next week but with fair weather forecast, I'll be tempted by the Elite League Play-Off semi-final 1st leg between Wolverhampton and Birmingham on Monday.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3