VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 18, 2013, 12:19 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1654 views)
Shortcut
Promotion and relegation rules 2013-14 Can't Post or Reply Privately

I know it's early but this season's FA handbook is now online -
http://www.thefa.com/...andbook-2013-14.ashx

We were aware of most of the changes re. promotion and relegation but here they are in black and white.

Step 3 and Step 4
The Clubs in the bottom four places in each of the three divisions at Step 3 at the end of the Playing Season will be relegated.....

Step 4 and Step 5
the Clubs in the bottom two places in each of the six (looks like they forgot to change this to four) divisions at Step 4 administered by the Northern Premier and Southern Leagues, together with the Clubs in the bottom three places in each of the divisions administered by the Isthmian League will be relegated.....

Irrespective of any provision contained within the Rules the Clubs finishing in bottom position in each of the six Step 4 divisions will be relegated and will not be reprieved.

If vacancies remain, priority will be given to those Clubs other than bottom placed clubs relegated from Step 4 who will be ranked according to the average number of points gained per games played and the Club with the highest average shall be reprieved first.

Step 5 to Step 6 and Step 6 to Step 7
irrespective of any provision contained within the Rules, the Clubs finishing in bottom position in each of the fourteen Step 5 divisions will be relegated to Step 6 and will not be reprieved, as determined by the LC.

The only other change I can see is that applications for promotion from step 5 have to be by December 31st this year. They bought it forward a month last year.

There's still a provision for two clubs to be promoted from the step 5 leagues but it doesn't say how that works. I assume it's there in case of an extreme need to fill up step 4. Either that or they've forgotten to change the word 'two' to 'one'.

(This post was edited by VP on Aug 18, 2013, 12:26 AM)

petermiller36
First Team Sub

Aug 19, 2013, 3:11 PM

Team(s): Ware & AFC Wimbledon

Post #2 of 6 (1482 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Promotion and relegation rules 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That's interesting, I thought that the teams finishing 3rd from the bottom in the Isthmian League North and South would get reprieved first, irrespective of PPG.

Steps 4-7 Relegation and Promotion document:
http://bit.ly/PPG1819

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 19, 2013, 5:48 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #3 of 6 (1432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [petermiller36] Promotion and relegation rules 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'd have thought they should be relegated first. The 22nd team in the other divisions will be forcibly relegated.

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Aug 19, 2013, 7:39 PM

Team(s): Malvern Town F,C,

Post #4 of 6 (1391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Promotion and relegation rules 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'd have thought they should be relegated first. The 22nd team in the other divisions will be forcibly relegated.

Nah. That won't run!

However I DO think IL24<SL/NPL22<IL23<SL/NPL21<IL23 when it comes to relegations.

Query. Insofar as any team disappearing from a division is usually considered to have been placed last in that division - with an historic common recognisance - i.e. SL/NPL22/IL24>Disappeared-Team, are these new wordings supposed to specify that now Disappeared-Team>SL/NPL22/IL24?
'Coz if they do, I don't see it. (I realise that there'd have to be at least two such Disappeared-Teams in SL/NPL and three in IL for this query to seriously arise - but it DID occur in SL1S&W last season.)

Professional cretin.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 23, 2013, 12:38 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #5 of 6 (1203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [petermiller36] Promotion and relegation rules 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
That's interesting, I thought that the teams finishing 3rd from the bottom in the Isthmian League North and South would get reprieved first, irrespective of PPG.

Then you'd be building in additional SE teams into an already skewed step 5 to 4 process! I thought the additional slots for the Isthmian were supposed to be recognising that of the step 5 leagues, approximately 6 cover the Isthmian area and 4 each of the others, so 6 sides need to go down to create a space for those being promoted. What makes far more sense to me would be if a Northern League side doesn't come up, then a NPL side doesn't go down; and the same around the country.

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (948) Baza Arcom Progresul Spartac 1-1 Unirea Bascov
With FC United: 133
On the agenda:
21/9 FC United v Warrington Town
24/9 Warrington Town v FC United

petermiller36
First Team Sub

Aug 23, 2013, 12:39 PM

Team(s): Ware & AFC Wimbledon

Post #6 of 6 (1200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Promotion and relegation rules 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm not saying I agree with it, it's what I thought I read when the plan was announced.

Steps 4-7 Relegation and Promotion document:
http://bit.ly/PPG1819

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3