Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!!

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

Jim S
Youth Team Star

Jul 22, 2014, 5:06 PM

Team(s):

Post #226 of 399 (14555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sun 20th July - SEC 2nd Round @ Mega Lada - Togliatti.
Admission VIP Ticket 2000 rubles. (About 34)
Programme 50 rubles. (Less than 1)
Attendance 15,000 est

Winner : Pedersen; 2nd Sajfutdinow; 3rd Dudek

Mega Lada stadium is purpose built for speedway with 17000 seats, all with perfect uninterrupted views of the track. It is located about 1000kms from Moscow, 16 hours by train, 12 by road or flying to the regional capital (and future world cup host city) Samara.
Being purpose built, the racing was excellent, the crowd very vocal which created a great atmosphere. Rain around for the first half of the meeting left us thinking it could be a long way to go for a re-run!!

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 17, 2014, 1:51 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #227 of 399 (14365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jim S] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Darcy Ward, third in the GP standings, failed an alcohol breath test pre-meeting and has been excluded from this afternoon's Latvian GP in Riga. Naughty boy........

mip
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 26, 2014, 3:30 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #228 of 399 (14296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Horsens confirmed as GP venue in 2015 (August 8th), 2016 and 2017.

CASA Arena in Horsens holds 10,400 for football, tickets could be in short supply.

(This post was edited by mip on Aug 26, 2014, 3:32 PM)

bagman

Aug 29, 2014, 4:26 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #229 of 399 (14172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Michael Jepsen is Darcy Wards replacement for this saturday GP.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.26842

The Moose
First Team Star

Sep 7, 2014, 3:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #230 of 399 (14075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bagman] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Monday Sept 8th - National Trophy: KENT KINGS v LEICESTER LIONS

I've been putting this off as I've already done this ground when Sittingbourne FC played here some years ago. So then with my OCD kicking in I can't let it go. So with a view to re-completing a visit to every current British track I 'need' to do it again for Speedway reasons & then I can rest easier at night. Obsessive Moi? Tongue

KRTM Cool

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Sep 7, 2014, 5:54 PM

Post #231 of 399 (14067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Will also be at Kent v Leicester so i can say that i have seen every National League team race at Sittingbourne at least once !

The Moose
First Team Star

Sep 8, 2014, 11:42 PM

Team(s):

Post #232 of 399 (13987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Surprised to be first on BHB! Anyway after a six hour round trip;

National Trophy - KENT KINGS 41 LEICESTER LION CUBS 41

ADM: 12 PROG: 2 ATT: h/c 550

So after nearly two years I finally got around to going to Sittingbourne again, first time back in 96 for footy so I'd been lax in doing Central Park for the shale action. Glad I have though as that's all three leagues completed once again so I can retire in peace now or at least until someone else changes divisions or moves! Amazing how quickly a ground can deteriorate after less than two decades since being all shiny & new. Weeds a plenty, brambles & the roof on the back straight now removed. Still ten times better than what's on offer at the OTA or Marsh Mills however! Decent main stand with all seats still looking resplendent but the rest of the stadium is rusting away quite nicely to give it a lived in feel.

Cracking little meeting to finish on with a last heat decider & plenty of thrills n' spills. I'll miss the smell of methanol & the dusty shale if not the standard of speedway catering! Kent deservedly shaded the match & just a shame the second season syndrome means the crowds have dropped as they deserve more now they're Kent's only offering following the demise of Crayford & Canterbury. My 54th track I've seen the splendid shale action at & I hope it won't be the last. Nice touch with the posters of Haringay, Hackney & Wimbledon etc. as you come through the entrance. Aah, memories of a time long forgotten in London......

KRTM Cool

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Sep 11, 2014, 8:11 PM

Post #233 of 399 (13912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Was also at Kent v Leicester. As The Moose says it was a cracking meeting for this level of speedway with Leicester fielding a patched up team and needing to win by 20 to get to the National Trophy Final. It seems this season the better meeetings at Sittingbourne have been when the opposoition turn up with weakened teams unlike the Elite League and Premier League. Was close all the way through but Kent got 2 5-1's at the end to run out winners. Stoke now face Mildenhall this weekend in the National Trophy Final and after Kent won at Kings Lynn yetserday they have qualified for the National League playoff's against Coventry dates TBC.

bagman

Mar 28, 2015, 10:00 AM

Post #234 of 399 (12500 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Friday 27th March 2015

Lakeside Hammers 59 v 31 Leicester Lions

Lakeside Hammers = 59

1. Andreas Jonsson 1, 3, 2, 3, 2 = 11
2. Kim Nilsson 3, 3, 3, 1* = 10+1
3. Mikkel Bech 2*, 2*, 3, 3 = 10+2 PAID MAXIMUM
4. Edward Kennett 3, 3, 3, 2*, 0 = 11+1
5. Richard Lawson 3, 2*, 0, 1 = 6+1
6. Adam Ellis 1*, 2*, 1, 1* = 5+3
7. Ashley Birks 2, 2*, 0, 2 = 6+1

Leicester Lions = 31

1. Jason Doyle 2, 1, 2, 2, 3 = 10
2. Ben Barker (G) 0, 0^, 1*, 1*, 1 = 3+2
3. Grzegorz Walasek 1, R, 0, 0 = 1
4. Szymon Wozniak 0, 1, 2, 1 = 4
5. Bjarne Pedersen 0, 0, 3, 0 = 3
6. Josh Auty 3, 1, 2, 3 = 9
7. Simon Lambert 0, 1, 0, 0 = 1

The Moose
First Team Star

Mar 28, 2015, 1:18 PM

Team(s):

Post #235 of 399 (12490 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bagman] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just when I thought I'd be first off the mark for this years shale action!

FRI 27th March - CHALLENGE MATCH (PSF): ZUMMERZET REBELS 45 POOLE PIRATES 45

ADM: 15 PROG: 2.50 BADGE: 4.50 ATT: h/c 500

Hadn't seen Pirates at the OTA hence the reason for freezing me wotsits off for the evening in constant drizzle. Although Poole only turned up with a couple of their normal team it was a decent meeting with Rebels getting a share of the spoils with a 5-1 in the last heat. My only grumble was it took two hours & twenty minutes to complete the 15 minutes of action which on a cold evening was far too long. Serves me right for going when footy season is still ongoing! 16th season of action at the OTA & facilities wise it's still a basic but homely track.

KRTM Cool

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Mar 29, 2015, 4:14 PM

Post #236 of 399 (12234 views)
Shortcut

Have so far been to 3 meetings as follows.

Saturday 21st March Rye House 46 v 43 Ipswich
Sunday 22nd March Peterborough 43 v 47 Somerset
Friday 27th March Lakeside 59 v 31 Leicester

Best meeting of the 3 was Peterborough which saw plenty of passing, worst was Lakeside as Leicester were poor.

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Apr 12, 2015, 7:15 PM

Post #237 of 399 (11836 views)
Shortcut

Now up to 7 Meetings.

Good Friday 3rd April saw Eastbourne 53 v 40 Kent
4th April Rye House Raiders 51 v 40 Mildenhall
10th April Lakeside 62 v 28 Swindon
11th April Rye House 66 v 24 Plymouth.

Eastbourne started life in the 3rd Tier with a win in front of a good crowd despite the wet conditions. Another poor meeting at Lakeside not helped by Swindon's injury issues which saw 4 guests riding for them, we also had to endure some of the lights going out which delayed the meeting but for some reason the meeting restarted with the said lights still out ! Think Junior Bagman should have abandoned it !. Despite the rather one sided score at Rye House last night this was a better meeting than at Lakeside the night before.

bagman

Apr 12, 2015, 9:19 PM

Post #238 of 399 (11821 views)
Shortcut

Sunday 12th April 2015

Championship Of Sussex at Eastbourne

Winner Bradley Wilson-Dean
2nd Danny Warwick
3th David Mason

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 12, 2015, 9:48 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #239 of 399 (11806 views)
Shortcut

My first ever speedway fixtures and a double bill at that!

Tuesday 7 April 2015
Elite League
Wolverhampton Wolves 49 Belle Vue Aces 41
Admission 18, programme 2.50 (previous week's issue with an insert!)

Wednesday 8 April 2015
National League
Cradley Heathens 47 Coventry Storm 43
at the Perry Barr Stadium, Birmingham
Admission 11 (programme available for 3 - didn't buy)

A good introduction into what was for me a new sport with both ties settled late in the day - game 1 in the 14th heat and game 2 in the last heat.

Wolverhampton seemed to be slicker - 3 false starts at Perry Barr compared to none at Monmore Green, and more nip and tuck in the higher division with leads changing hands during heats whilst in the Cradley fixture, generally whoever was ahead at the end of lap one won the heat.

Wolves fixture nip and tuck. Belle Vue marched ahead with a 5-1 in heat 7, only for the home side to get consecutive 5-1s in heats 9 and 10.

Cradley fixture was also even at the start, the home side took a four point lead in heat 8 and kept their noses in front from then on.

Couple of awful looking crashes at Perry Barr, thankfully everyone walked away from them.

Last new ground (844): Yarnton Lane - Kidlington v Didcot 4/9/19
Last game: Stourbridge v Stafford 5/10/19
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal

bagman

Apr 25, 2015, 8:48 AM

Post #240 of 399 (11428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Friday 24th April 2015

LAKESIDE HAMMERS 44 v 46 WOLVERHAMPTON WOLVES

Lakeside Hammers = 44

1. Jason Doyle (G) 1*, 3, 2*, 0 = 6+2
2. Kim Nilsson 2, 3, 2, 3, 1 = 11
3. Mikkel Bech 2*, 2*, 1*, 1 = 6+3
4. Edward Kennett 2, 3, 3, 0 = 8
5. Rory Schlein (G) 3, 2*, 2, 3, 0 = 10+1
6. Adam Ellis 1, 0, F, F = 1
7. James Wright (G) 0, 0, 0, 2 = 2

Wolverhampton Wolves = 46

1. Freddie Lindgren 3, 1, 3, 2, 2* = 11+1
2. Ricky Wells FX, 1*, 1*, 0 = 2+2
3. Tobiasz Musielak 0, 0, 2* = 2+1
4. Peter Karlsson 3, 1, 3, 3, 3 = 13
5. Jacob Thorssell 1, 0, 1 = 2
6. Lewis Blackbird 3, 1, 2, FX, 3, 1* = 10+1
7. Josh Bates 2*, 2, 1, 1 = 6+1

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 26, 2015, 11:43 AM

Team(s): Workington Reds, St Ives Roosters RLFC

Post #241 of 399 (11366 views)
Shortcut

Saturday 25th April 2015
Workington Comets 50 Edinburgh Monarchs 40
League Cup
Admission 15
Programme - free 8 page scorecard. A3 folded to make an 8 page programme

A dreary evening of entertainment at Derwent Park where the crowds have appeared to drop considerably. Not much passing in the races on a nice evening with a very cool breeze. Can't see myself going back if I have to pay 15. Bad crash for Comets Rusty Harrison last night. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

bagman

May 6, 2015, 8:45 PM

Post #242 of 399 (11200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Workington FC] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Monday 4th April 2015

Rye House Rockets 50 v 42 Somerset Rebels (Premier League)

Rye House Raiders 14 v 16 Eastbourne Eagles ( National Trophy )

Match Abandoned after 5 heats Dust Visibility Issues

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 27, 2015, 12:30 AM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #243 of 399 (10975 views)
Shortcut

Tuesday 26th May @ Abbey Stadium
Swindon Robins 47-43 Coventry Bees
Attendance 3,000 est
Advance ticket special offer 5 plus 1 delivery fee despite printing it myself. Would have been 17 on gate.
Car Park 1.50 - Programme 2.50
Scampi & Chips 4.95

My first speedway meeting since my dad took me to the 1980 Poole Blue Riband event won by American Scott Autrey when I was 8 years old prompted by Swindon's impending move. Work is due to start next month on the new stadium which will be adjacent to the current one which has plenty of character with two large corrugated covers on either side but surprisingly with no seats in either, the main stand has 6 steps of terracing behind a sloping tarmac path with a restaurant and Tote bookies at the top. The stand opposite has just hardstanding at the top of a grass bank.

As for the racing the table topping visitors raced into an early 8-4 lead with 1st and 2nd place in heat 2, the hosts edged their way back to level at 15-15 after heat 5. Coventry won heat 6 by 4-2 and after four successive 3-3 heats Swindon took the lead for the first time winning heat 11 by 5-1. It was a lead they never relinquished wrapping up victory with a heat to spare before Coventry took the last heat 5-1 to earn themselves a bonus point. Star for Swindon was guest rider Aussie Dakota North. Dane Hans Andersen was Coventry's star rider until he crashed out with a dislocated shoulder in heat 13, their hopes of winning evaporated at the same time.

Watched from a few different vantage points mostly favouring the corners, the far end where bikes seemingly look faster but got showered with a few wayward stones there. Couldn't watch more than one heat by the start/finish line as I felt like I had just smoked 60 fags after inhaling the dust from the riders revving up their engines twice after a false start. On the whole I enjoyed the experience and may well chose to do it again sometime in the future.

(This post was edited by cherryhopper on May 27, 2015, 12:32 AM)

buncranaboy

May 31, 2015, 7:47 PM

Post #244 of 399 (10804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Watched from a few different vantage points

Most unlike you Smile

bagman

Jun 7, 2015, 4:21 PM

Post #245 of 399 (10689 views)
Shortcut

Thursday 21st May 2015

Ipswich Witches 46 v 44 Berwick Bandits

Travel Plus Tours Knock Out Cup Round One Second Leg

andymitchell
Junior Team Star

Jun 9, 2015, 12:30 AM

Team(s): Tottenham Hotspur, Romulus.

Post #246 of 399 (10642 views)
Shortcut
Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Somerset Rebels 51 Rye House Rockets 39 last Friday.

Not as cut and dried as the score suggests, the visitors surprisingly led early on but Somerset eventually found the fast bits of the track.

Heat 13 was the best race I remember seeing, all four riders led and got pushed to the back along the way before Somerset's Brady Kurtz burst through to back up team-mate Josh Grajczonek for a maximum that as good as wrapped up the result.

Cracking venue, my second visit, plan to do more as the season progresses.

2016-17 stats (February 7)

106 games, 62 grounds, 29 new grounds, 352 goals.

289 grounds visited overall: http://www.footballgroundmap.com/andymitchell

bagman

Jun 9, 2015, 8:18 AM

Post #247 of 399 (10617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andymitchell] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sunday 31 May 2015 5pm

Rye House Rockets 52 v 40 Berwick Bandits

Premier League

buncranaboy

Jul 5, 2015, 1:32 PM

Post #248 of 399 (10244 views)
Shortcut

British GP @ Millennium Stadium : 1 Iversen; 2 Holder; 3 Kildemand; 4 Woffinden. Admission 19 (advance concession). Programme 10. Attendance 45,000 est

Another enjoyable day out in Cardiff at Speedway's showpiece event. The track was better than in previous years though the gate advantages were biased so much in favour of those starting from gate 1 - winning gate stats were 16-4-3-0 that it was a surprise to see Niels Kristien Iversen swoop round Chris Holder to take a fine win although Woffinden was the main beneficiary of the evening, extending his lead in the GP series.
KYM picked me up and we lost time on clogged motorways, missing our intended departure from Cwmbran. The delay gave us time to stodge up on the fodder from the excellent station cafe before a well-spent hour or so at The Urban Tap House, right outside the stadium. Within about 200 yards are a number of fine beer establishments - Zero Degrees, the Tiny Rebel house we were in and The City Arms amongst others. There's also a spoons up the road.
As anyone who's been will know, the stadium is perfectly located across the road from the station though this results in having to queue outside to be allowed in for your return train. We were prevented from getting the 20.10 so had to stand in line until the 20.55 departure with the journey home broken by a stop at the bucolic Clytha Arms.

(This post was edited by buncranaboy on Jul 5, 2015, 2:26 PM)

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 5, 2015, 3:58 PM

Post #249 of 399 (10231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
British GP @ Millennium Stadium : 1 Iversen; 2 Holder; 3 Kildemand; 4 Woffinden. Admission 19 (advance concession). Programme 10. Attendance 45,000 est

Another enjoyable day out in Cardiff at Speedway's showpiece event. The track was better than in previous years though the gate advantages were biased so much in favour of those starting from gate 1 - winning gate stats were 16-4-3-0 that it was a surprise to see Niels Kristien Iversen swoop round Chris Holder to take a fine win although Woffinden was the main beneficiary of the evening, extending his lead in the GP series.
KYM picked me up and we lost time on clogged motorways, missing our intended departure from Cwmbran. The delay gave us time to stodge up on the fodder from the excellent station cafe before a well-spent hour or so at The Urban Tap House, right outside the stadium. Within about 200 yards are a number of fine beer establishments - Zero Degrees, the Tiny Rebel house we were in and The City Arms amongst others. There's also a spoons up the road.
As anyone who's been will know, the stadium is perfectly located across the road from the station though this results in having to queue outside to be allowed in for your return train. We were prevented from getting the 20.10 so had to stand in line until the 20.55 departure with the journey home broken by a stop at the bucolic Clytha Arms.

Watched on TV and other than the favouring of the inside gate thought the meeting was very good with some good passing. Eurosport even made a reasonable go of this meeting though they still have the bloke with Scotty Nicholls who seems to know nothing about the speedway, maybe they could replace him with Nigel Pearson now he is out of work just to confuse everyone. At least they had another guest for parts of the night in the studio none other than the Main Dane Hans Nielsen, who still looks though he could get on a bike and beat most people. Interesting interview with Greg Hancock, he mentioned he had been at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and later in the evening I managed to catch him on Motors TV riding one of his bikes up the hill at said festival. Nicki Pedersen after his obligatory exclusion said many riders were now Pussies!.

buncranaboy

Jul 5, 2015, 4:39 PM

Post #250 of 399 (10228 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've not seen it again but I thought at the time that Pedersen's exclusion was harsh. He is always the pantomime villain these days and I suppose there's a bit of what goes around, comes around with him.
I've been in Cardiff the last three years, and the buzz around the city is great. There was a large crowd gathered around a stand in the fan area by the station which featured nothing but the Monster Energy Girls. I mean, what's to see there ?

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3