Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
The sticker craze.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 3, 2014, 6:35 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #1 of 6 (7582 views)
Shortcut
The sticker craze. Can't Post or Reply Privately

Anyone else seen these things appearing everywhere, lamp posts pub toilet walls? I first heard of it with FCUM fans plastering Barwell's ground with em.Now the said club play friendlies in Germany where this past-time is massive and i saw a good few in Leic today with Stourbridge Baggies emblazoned on them after they were at the KP last Saturday so maybe it's catching on!! I bought 200 for 2 yesterday and plan to join inSly

derekn
First Team Star

Nov 4, 2014, 9:43 AM

Team(s): Taunton Town

Post #2 of 6 (7414 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] The sticker craze. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Has April 1st moved?

kirby knitters

Nov 4, 2014, 10:08 AM

Post #3 of 6 (7401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] The sticker craze. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Has April 1st moved?

Absolutely not!! Maybe one of the FCUM fans on here will confirm itSly (not that April 1st has been movedWink)

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 4, 2014, 8:50 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #4 of 6 (7161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] The sticker craze. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

But please litter responsibly. I have no wish to miss another train due to the actions of the sticker brigade

At Malmo last season, there was a sticker on the touch sensitive display of the left luggage lockers. This meant that I could not retrieve my bag until the sticker was scratched off, (no staff, this is my fingernails in action).

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

non-league fan
Banned

Nov 4, 2014, 10:34 PM

Team(s): Oxford United, also groundhopper

Post #5 of 6 (7105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] The sticker craze. [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
But please litter responsibly. I have no wish to miss another train due to the actions of the sticker brigade

At Malmo last season, there was a sticker on the touch sensitive display of the left luggage lockers. This meant that I could not retrieve my bag until the sticker was scratched off, (no staff, this is my fingernails in action).

I hope it wasn't an overnight train you missed, Leo. Unfortunately that's what happened to me at Karlsruhe station a few years ago. The problem was not stickers, but the locker system itself which used tokens and when I inserted mine, it would not open the locker. I had to spend the night travelling to Frankfurt-am-Main and back, with my Inter-Rail card which was one of the few things I had that was not stashed in the locker. When I returned to Karlsruhe the following morning the staff opened the locker for me.
The advice I would give to anyone going to Germany is to use the lockers with manual keys, or those which you can type in a numerical code. Avoid those using tokens, although fortunately there aren't many of these about.

kirby knitters

Nov 5, 2014, 9:43 AM

Post #6 of 6 (6866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] The sticker craze. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Good advice that i will take onboard..i saw them on a bus stop timetable and although i was not using buses i would have been mighty peed off if i had wanted info, even harder for me to scratch off as i am a nail biter!!!Sly

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3