Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Oct 12, 2014, 10:33 PM

Team(s): Hants/Middx/Sussex Non-League, Brentford, THFC, Eastleigh, SC Freiburg

Post #201 of 389 (27949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HantsLondoner] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

English National League Division 1 South

Solent Devils 9 London Raiders 4

Admission £9-00 inc programme attendance est 100
A fortnight ago the Devils were 'at an all-time low', according to their coach, A.Murray. They regrouped and last week won their first game, 11-5 at Oxford - tonight, this stunning result. Brilliant entertainment too. The home team started well, pressing Raiders enthusiastically, and taking the lead inside three minutes. The visitors improved and hit the post, but it took until 15 mins for them to equalise when Richardson got between two sleeping defenders. Another two defensive errors, one a rebound from the pads of keeper Standing, saw Raiders luckily 3-1 up at the end of the first period. Amazingly the first penalty only came after 18 mins 30 secs. Devils put the pressure on further in the second period - import Magee, who was superb, pulled a goal back on 28 mins, then he equalised. Raiders were rattled and decided to take the violent option to break up the Devils' momentum, a fight seeing Lee taking on the experienced Goddard and being congratulated by his teammates. Another fight nearly followed and the end of the period saw a tense 3-3. Raiders started to look dangerous but M.Murray shocked them with Devils' fourth, then a great breakaway goal saw Magee's hat-trick and 5-3. Timeout Raiders - it didn't do any good - 10 seconds later Magee scored again. Raiders couldn't believe it and started to get frustrated. Lee, in the sinbin, started swearing at one of the home fans. Raiders started to attack and Richardson made it 6-4 with 6 mins to go. As they attacked, another Devils breakaway saw the puck enter the net for a goal which was at first disallowed, then allowed. But at the same time a penalty for Devils saw them shorthanded for the rest of the match. Two breakaways saw two more goals and a great finish to a great Devils performance. Netminder Gray played really well for the Raiders, and Standing did pretty well tonight too.
Steamy plexiglass again but cleared before the match, the small crowd meant better viewing conditions tonight - but the ones who stayed away missed something special.

If you're going to/been to a Hampshire Premier League match, I'd really appreciate you filling in a questionnaire - available in the Groundhopping/General section, or just PM me for a copy. Thanks.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Oct 12, 2014, 11:05 PM)

zebedee
First Team Star

Nov 3, 2014, 8:33 PM

Team(s): Southport

Post #202 of 389 (27524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HantsLondoner] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Widnes Wild 5-5 Hull Jets
NIHL Laidler Conference

Final leg of my three sport treble. The last ice hockey game I attended was an AHL match in Philadelphia; the AHL being the top minor league in North America (and that season the top level of ice hockey there, as the NHL season was cancelled). It's fair to say this was a bit of a lesser standard but nevertheless entertaining, with the two sides close throughout, and playing in a relatively fair manner. Probably 2-300 in attendance.

benjiman
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 4, 2014, 8:20 PM

Team(s): Liverpool / Bristol City

Post #203 of 389 (27483 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zebedee] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

HC Kometa Brno 5-6p HC Verva Litvinov
Date: 02/11/2014 18:20
Att: 6603

Prog: 20czk (60p)
Klobasa 50czk (£1.50)
Beer 35czk (£1.05)

I managed to catch a bit of Ice Hockey before I left for home from my weekend in the Czech Republic. Unfortunately we had to leave to catch the flight with the score 3-4 in the 3rd period. Despite this we had a great time. The Kometa fans are a passionate bunch and great each home goal by twirling their scarves above their heads. I really feel that I need to return to see them again now as it was very disappointing to have left early, not helped by a 5 hour delay that ensued when we arrived at the airport.
Hala Rondo the home stadium of Kometa holds 7200, behind each goal is terracing where the more vocal support congregate. It is always at least 90% full so the atmosphere is fantastic.

Last Game

Highland League

Fort William 1-4 Wick Academy

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 5, 2014, 5:30 PM

Team(s): Workington Reds, St Ives Roosters RLFC

Post #204 of 389 (27399 views)
Shortcut
Re: [benjiman] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Friday 31st October 2014
DEL 2 - German Ice Hockey League Division 2
Dresdener Eislowen 2 Lausitzer Fuchse 6
Admission 14 euro
Programme – none
Att – around 4,000

Luckily we arrived 40 minutes before the start and were able to purchase standing tickets for the Energieverbund Arena. This is on an impressive sports complex which includes an outdoor floodlit speedskaing rink and the historic Hans-Steyer- Stadion, home of Dynamo Dresden Under 23’s and Dresdener SC. There is a plaque outside which lists all the athletics World Records set at the stadium.

The Arena opened in 2007 and is very good. It reminded me a lot of the Coventry Rink. There is terracing available for standing ticket holders but you can also stand on the concourse which went right around the rink. Lausitzer brought a big support with them and there was a great atmosphere until they started to rip Dresden apart. Very disgruntled home support at the end as loads of plastic glasses were thrown onto the ice in protest.

Food and drink is available on the concourse but they were expensive. There is also a small souvenir shop in one corner.

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Nov 8, 2014, 10:17 PM

Post #205 of 389 (26989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Workington FC] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

English Premier League

Basingstoke Bison 3 MK Lightning 2

admission £13-00 programme yes (didn't look any better than last year), attendance est 1200
2nd v 6th
Bison have been quite inconsistent but are still the only team who can catch Telford even at this early stage. In the first two periods today they played some of the best hockey I've seen them play - solid at the back and dangerous coming forward. MK looked harmless, 3-0 after two periods flattered them. In the final period it was totally reversed - Lightning attacked, Skinns made a lot of good saves but when Emersic got his second with 6 mins to go, it was a case of just hanging on. The officials came in for a lot of criticism tonight and MK scored on powerplays for two dodgy penalties. Telford lost so Bison close the gap.
No changes at Planet Ice this year.

If you're going to/been to a Hampshire Premier League match, I'd really appreciate you filling in a questionnaire - available in the Groundhopping/General section, or just PM me for a copy. Thanks.

Boroboy60
Youth Team Sub

Nov 13, 2014, 4:21 PM

Team(s): Chelsea & England

Post #206 of 389 (26925 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HantsLondoner] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or

Wightlink Raiders 0 v Guildford Flames 7

EPL Challenge Cup

Saturday, 08 November 2014

@ Ryde Arena

Admission – I paid £9-50

Programme - £2...and quite a good read

Coffee - £1.50 from the in-house café

Destination...a rain-lashed Isle Of Wight...Time...an otherwise gloomy Saturday night in early Winter...Result...a comprehensive seven-goal victory for a classy Guildford Flames side over an always-competitive Raiders outfit.

After the initial period of this David versus Goliath cup-tie though (and my first-ever visit to the Ryde rink) this was still a one-goal game. The two teams divided by just a solitary strike (around the seven-minute mark) that had gone some way to ease the more illustrious visitors into calmer waters after what had been a choppy journey across a broiling Solent.

Guildford's pros came out of the blocks like a hare as the second period began however and soon forged a 4-0 advantage that they had stretched to 6-0 by the next hooter.

With all hopes of extinguishing The Flames now up in smoke, Raiders had only their pride left to play for and they still battled away manfully to the end to keep the final score to single figures as their defence was only breeched on one more occasion.

Star of the show (without any doubt!) was Flames goal-ace Josef Kohut...the Slovak helping himself to a sparkling treble-strike despite the close attentions of the Raiders' defensive unit.

And that feat, added to a thoroughly workmanlike display from his colleagues, ensured that it was the happy hordes of Surrey-based fans who made their way up the pier to catch their homeward bound ferry off “The Island” in jubilant mood.

Best non hockey moment of the night was the mid-game manic contest between the Wightlink drummer and his counterpart from Guildford...that had to be heard to be believed!
The worst was getting caught in the heavy rain that fell in buckets as I walked to the arena from the Esplanade train station.

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Nov 16, 2014, 10:27 PM

Post #207 of 389 (26855 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Boroboy60] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Solent Devils 1 Streatham Redskins 7

Admission £9-00 inc programme attendance est 200
Devils celebrated their first ever win over Wightlink last night. It must have been a special night for the ex-Raiders at Devils, including netminder Cole who was released from Wightlink recently. Tonight was a big test for Solent against second place Skins. The first period was pretty tight, the visitors were the better team but Devils battled well, only conceding one goal to Best. However they conceded a second right after the restart. Streatham were starting to get the upper hand but were frustrated by of the second. Redskins got a fifth after 45 mins and it looked as if ex-Devil Taylor was going to get a shutout as he made some good saves, but Gosset finally put the home team on the scoreboard with 9 mins to go. Hopes of a comeback were thwarted by two more goals for the Skins to round off a very professional performance. In this form they could well continue to challenge Chelmsford at the top.

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Nov 29, 2014, 11:49 PM

Post #208 of 389 (24705 views)
Shortcut

English Premier League

Basingstoke Bison 2 Telford Tigers 4

admission £13-20 in advance programme £2-50 (more pages than last year but still not great), attendance est 1400
Telford are running away with the EPL this year, having bought lots of good players, some from the Elite League, and have some very good imports. Bison are the team nearest to them. This was a really good, high-quality game as Bison battled to match their opponents every inch of the way. No goals in the first period, but exciting stuff. The second period was as good as the first but we had four goals - twice Tigers took the lead, twice Bison hit back. Tigers took the lead six mins into the final period and this time held on, despite Bison having chances to equalise again. In the final minute Bison pulled netminder Skinns and conceded a fourth goal. There was still time for Bison's Greener to get a stupid match penalty for poleaxing an opponent. Tigers looked the business but Bison played well and ran them close.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 5, 2014, 1:23 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #209 of 389 (24577 views)
Shortcut

29/11 1900ish Elite league
Braehead Clan 7-3 Cardiff Devils
Admission: £17
Attendance: quite full, but still a few seats

Bus from right outside Partick station dropped us at the Arena inside a shopping centre, having popped along to the Three Judges for a swift one first. Perhaps our English accents confused the staff, as they placed in with the Welsh visitors without asking where we'd like to be - but the visitors were friendly so we adopted them as our team for the night. The match was late starting, not getting going until 1915, and Braehead were clearly the better side, racking up a 3-0 first period lead, and extending that in the 2nd to 5-0 midway through. Having taken their foot off the gas, Cardiff got 2 back and we thought a comeback might be possible, but a goal inside the first minute of the last quarter ended that aspiration and each side added 1 more coasting a 7-3 result for the highly placed homesters. The refereeing seemed to favour the home side somewhat with Cardiff spending most of the match with 1 player in the sinbin. The inter-period breaks were 20 minues between the last person leaving the ice and the first players back on, so the whole event did not finish until 9.55, rather later than expected and eating into Glasgow pub visiting time!

3/12 1900 Swedish 3rd level (East)
Haninge Anchors 1-5 Enkoping
Admission: comp, free folded A4 programme/teamsheet
Attendance: 102

Worked in Stockholm this week, so took a 25 min train south to Handen, close to Haninge town centre for this game. Haninge have played in the 2nd level but are mid-table this season in the 3rd, following a merger with 2 other local teams that may have meant the players come from multiple sources, but the fans have not followed. Viewing is from a gallery with approx 8 rows of block seating down the length of one side. Just as with the above, one side took a 3-0 lead in the 1st term, this time the lowly visitors, who belied that by showing both great defensive organisation and creativity to unlock the Haninge defence. Additionally the Enkoping netminder was superb, only beaten in the 2nd term by a heavy deflection and having kept a clean sheet last time out also. Enkoping perhaps could have added more but ran out 5-1 winners. The home fans creditably kept singing in support of their team, even when all hope was lost. The match was finished by 21:15. Thereafter retired to OLearys to watch the football and then back to the Bishops Arms at central for a last one before home.

The previous night, I found a cask ale venue in Stockholm that I'd previously been unaware of, the Bagpipers, on Rorstrandsgatan near St Eriksplan/Karlberg. The Fullers ESB was pretty good and turning over nicely.

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (957) Kingsway Park Ashland Rovers 2-0 Underwood Villa
With FC United: 135
On the agenda:
22/10 Rocester v NKF Burbage
27/10 Floriana v Senglea Athletic

(This post was edited by oftenscore6 on Dec 5, 2014, 3:15 PM)

Boroboy60
Youth Team Sub

Dec 7, 2014, 5:47 PM

Post #210 of 389 (24314 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or

Solent Devils v Oxford City Stars

English National League Division One South

Face Off 1900

Sunday, 07 December 2014

Going to the above tonight.

Home team are in a bit of a financial crisis so I'm adding my support to the cause.

Report here later if anyone is interested.

Steelback
First Team Star

Dec 7, 2014, 10:10 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #211 of 389 (24293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Boroboy60] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 6th December
Scottish National League
Moray Typhoons 3 Dundee Tigers 6 : 1-1 : 0-4 : 2-1
Admission £5
Programme free with admission - very basic 12 pager but still very welcome
Attendance 57

Rink is part of Moray Leisure Centre right next door to Elgin City FC. Quality of the game wasn't great & was probably on a par with the lower end of ENL 2 in England.

Visitors were very physical but finished better especially in the 2nd period. Worth a visit if only to tick the most northerly team in the UK. Just 7 to go in the UK now, 3 of which are in South Scotland.

‘Informative’ Posts Only, by order of the Forum KGB

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Dec 7, 2014, 10:18 PM

Post #212 of 389 (24293 views)
Shortcut

I was there too and obviously got home first!

Solent Devils 10 Oxford City Stars 2

Admission £9-00 inc programme attendance est 170

Important game as these are two of three teams tied for second bottom, only two points ahead of last place. The first period was quite even and fast-paced. Devils took the lead on 15 mins with a long shot from Campbell. The same player doubled the lead just after the restart at the near post. Stars pulled a goal back on 31 mins, then it got a bit aggressive, the refs doing their best to turn up the heat by some missed offsides and inability to get out of the way of the puck/player. Two goals near the end of the second period for Devils made it 4-1 and fairly safe, right at the end of the period we also had a punch-up and it ended up 3 v 3. This continued into the third period when Campbell got his hat-trick, he then added another. Three more goals came quickly, whereby Stars changed their netminder and improved, and looked like avoiding double figures until the last minute. Devils' biggest win ever in this division, Stars weren't bad, they even outshot Devils, but Cole was on good form (apart from Oxford's first) and Devils were more streetwise and finished better.
As Boroboy reports, Devils are in financial trouble as a backer simply didn't come up with the promised money. They urgently require sponsorship. My usual sources didn't know any more than that either.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Dec 7, 2014, 10:28 PM)

Boroboy60
Youth Team Sub

Dec 8, 2014, 9:39 AM

Post #213 of 389 (24246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HantsLondoner] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or

As promised my take on things...for what it's worth

Solent Devils 10 v Oxford City Stars 2

NIHL South Division 1

Sunday, 07 December 2014

@ Gosport Ice Rink

Admission – I paid £9

Programme – A bargain @ just £1...and quite adequate at this level

Devils cast aside their reported financial worries to post a commanding 10-2 win over basement-dwellers Oxford City Stars at Gosport Ice Rink.

Leading the home charge was Man Of The Match Drew Campbell who struck a four-goaler that went a long way towards settling the outcome of this important contest between two sides at the wrong end of the table.

The first period looked to be heading for a goalless conclusion though until that man Campbell fired in his first of a memorable individual display on 15:27. That goal arriving after both teams had successfully killed off a penalty apiece.

A powerplay effort from Campbell on 20:42 doubled the home outfit's advantage before Stars rallied to cut the deficit on 31:48 through Josh Oliver.

Just when the visitors looked to be fighting back though another powerplay goal by Ralfs Circenis (35:49) plus another strike from Ryan McFarlane (37:51) gave Devils some much needed breathing space at 4-1.

We then had a little spell of 3 on 3 either side of the second and third period when Devils and Stars lost the services of two men each for “roughing”.

The final 20 minutes turned into something of a procession for a now rampant home team however with Campbell completing his personal landmark just 37 seconds into the third session and then netting a fourth on 41:49.

Goals continued to flow for Solent through Circenis (45:05), Jamie Fitzpatrick (47:07) and George Norcliffe (49:51) with Stars finding the net just once (45:49) during that onslaught.

Then with just 61 seconds remaining on the clock it was left to Josh Abbott to put the icing on the pre-Christmas cake with the Devils tenth and final goal.

I used to report on the Dreadnoughts and the Knights back when ice hockey first arrived in the town of Gosport back in the late 80's/early 90's and it is a sport I have always followed and loved ever since I used to watch it at the Winter Olympics on TV.

I really do hope that money can be found to keep hockey alive in the town, especially after witnessing first-hand the enthusiasm of the people at the rink...the raffle ticket sellers, the home players, and the relatively small but vociferous local crowd!

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 15, 2014, 7:04 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #214 of 389 (23742 views)
Shortcut

Sunday 7 December 2014
National Ice Hockey League North Laidler Conference
Solihull Barons 17 Bradford Bulldogs 1
Admission £7, (programme £2 - didn't buy)

Not much of a view from any of the seating areas at Blue Ice Plaza and standing rinkside was much better.

With Solihull on a 100% record at the top and Bradford with a 0% record at the bottom the result wasn't unexpected but Bradford made the home side work for the first two thirds, keeping the score down to 3-0 and 8-0 at the intervals.

In the third though they just collapsed shipping another nine goals albeit they did notch up a consolation.

Last new ground (846): Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia - Bulgaria v England 14/10/19
Last game: as above
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Czech Republic, Bulgaria

Sigma
Deleted

Dec 25, 2014, 7:41 PM

Team(s):

Post #215 of 389 (22524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or

December 25th

LHK Prostejov U17 1 Moscow Penguins 5
Attendance - 100

The team from Russia were dominate and deserved to win by more goals.

moravianfootball.blogspot.com

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Dec 28, 2014, 9:44 PM

Post #216 of 389 (21512 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sigma] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

English Premier League

Basingstoke Bison 1 Swindon Wildcats 2

admission £13-20 in advance, programme yes, attendance est 1100
5th v 4th
Since seeing Bison play so well against Telford they lost five out of seven league games and are now firmly mid-table. They also have four players injured. Cats on the other hand had won seven in a row. Today Bison got on the board in 53 seconds, Vantroba scoring from the blue line. The home team were enthusiastic and energetic but lacked conviction against good defence. Cats had a lot of possession and passed it around well. However, only three shots to Bison's 10 in the first period tells its own story. It became a bit more aggressive in the second, and the three-person official team had a lot of decisions to make. They made them very badly if you believed the home supporters. After two 'interesting' calls it was 5 on 3, Cats taking advantage to equalise. Shortly afterwards Bison's Connolly was denied by netminder Lyle on a one-on-one, then again as he poked at a rebound a yard out. Bison started to make errors and lose confidence, and at the end of the period Cats scored again as Skinns went out his goal to deal with a loose puck and didn't get back in time. The third period was just frustrating for Bison as they tried to take the game to Cats but nothing worked out for them, and the calls went against them. Cats were solid and even with 15 shots in the entire game looked more like scoring another. Bison have work to do.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Dec 28, 2014, 9:48 PM)

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 29, 2014, 3:21 PM

Post #217 of 389 (21171 views)
Shortcut

Sunday 28 December 2014
English Ice Hockey Premier League
Telford Tigers 6 Manchester Phoenix 2
Admission £12.50, programme available (didn't buy)

With even a 3G pitch failing to save this morning's football at Belbroughton it was down to something indoors for my only sport of the day and probably my last sporting event of the year.

A bit different from Solihull three weeks ago as there were queues to get in here! A raised seated area gave an excellent view of the rink and was quite busy.

Obviously the standard of play was a lot higher than at the Barons but I could have done without the constant blaring of music every time the play stopped. (Do we really need to fill 5 seconds of "dead air"?)

Tigers had won 6-2 at Manchester the night before and matched the scoreline on home, er, turf with the result never really in doubt.

Having done Coventry a couple of years ago, this was the last of the three major West Midlands ice hockey venues to do. When my next soiree into this sport will be I don't know.

Last new ground (846): Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia - Bulgaria v England 14/10/19
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Czech Republic, Bulgaria

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Jan 18, 2015, 9:37 AM

Post #218 of 389 (19039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A double header at Gosport this weekend against the top two.....
SATURDAY

Solent Devils 6 Invicta Dynamos 4

Admission £9-00 inc programme attendance est 100
Great performance by Devils against the league leaders (missing one or two players, but still very strong). An early goal by debutant Sampford gave them a good start as they battled as a team against clearly more talented individuals. Netminder Cole was busy (58 shots faced in the game). There was always an undercurrent of violence as Dynamos tried to impose themselves, I wasn't impressed with several cheap shots from the Phillips brothers. There was a fight between A.Cole and Lee in the first period which Cole won and showed that the Devils were not to be intimidated. Dynamos played pretty well and equalised shorthanded just before the end of the first from the blue line. The second period continued the excitement and Devils showed they can be dangerous on the break and led 3-1 at the end. There was also a 'last man' Invicta foul only given as 2 mins which in football would have been an obvious penalty and red card. The third period was 30 secs old when the refs took the players off to wait for the ice to dry, then the intensity increased. Three times Mos pulled the deficit back to one goal, three times the Devils broke to go two ahead again. The three man officials struggled to keep up with it, both Murrays got misconducts for various comments and Devils survived the last six mins despite two very dubious penalties. A great win which gives Chelmsford a helping hand to yet another title.....

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 18, 2015, 9:10 PM

Post #219 of 389 (18996 views)
Shortcut

Sunday 18 January 2015
English Ice Hockey League North Laidler Conference
Solihull Barons 7 Widnes Wild 1
Admission £7

Solihull's 100% record extended to 19 games with a comfortable win over mid-table Widnes. 3-1 after the first period, 4-1 after a tight second and wrapped up by getting up to 7-1 early in the third.

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Jan 18, 2015, 10:20 PM

Post #220 of 389 (18974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Second part...
SUNDAY

Solent Devils 4 Chelmsford Chieftains 10

Admission £4-50 (if you went to the Sat match) inc programme attendance est 120
Totally different to yesterday. Bloody Chelmo never give you a chance, don't like watching them Tongue
They must have read about last night because they came roaring out of the blocks and Devils hardly saw the puck for the first 5 mins, by which time it was 0-2. The home team settled a little after that but were still poor and three goals in two mins near the end of the first period killed the match off totally. Netminder Cole was replaced by Calder at this stage and Calder did well for the remainder of the match. The second period saw a few handbags, a sixth visitors' goal and then Devils decided to compete, the rest of the match finishing 4-4. A couple of lucky goals started it off (I'm sure the first one happened when Magee's shot bounced back off the boards, hit a defender, and went in), but the visitors replied with two of their own to make it 2-8 after the second. More sporadic handbags in the third and two more goals each. No doubt where the NIHL S1 title is going. Invicta beat Wightlink 5-1 tonight in a game that their website had been plugging as 'the big one' for days (battle for second place, I suspect). As far as I'm concerned the 'big one' was last night and today was the expected hangover. The Perspex around the rink at Gosport now has no condensation at all. Apparently this is by some changes to the air flow. This means the spectators are freezing the while time.

The Wall
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 19, 2015, 2:47 PM

Post #221 of 389 (18508 views)
Shortcut

Another double in the same Competition.

Saturday LONDON RAIDERS vs Streatham Redskins
Lee Valley Ice Arena
Adm £4 (con) Prog £2.50

Streatham are/were having a good season whilst Raiders were bottom of the League so an away victory was anticipated, especially as both their Skipper and Asst Skipper were suspended for two Games following a brawl at Oxford last week. Streatham had also won both Games in the Cup. However it was the Home debut of Alan Lack signed from EPL also the full debut of their new Import, a 21year old Slovak who made his mark.

It started at a rush, at 11.37 it was 3-3 but Raiders scored with a PP on 19.07. Only one 2nd Period goal for Raiders which they completely dominated followed by the final Goal on 40.12, another PP to finish the scoring on 6-3. Streatham only conceded 4 Penalties of which 2 were punished, whilst Raiders just the one

Fully deserved their Victory, the Import Jacob Kontelansky scored within 34 secs and finished with 2-2 and whilst having an effect on the final score the whole Team ran Streatham ragged.

Sunday by chance was the return

STREATHAM REDSKINS vs London Raiders
High Road (100yards from Streatham BR)
Adm. £5 (con) Adult £9 Prog £2

Streatham had the upper hand but by end of 1st found themselves 0-3 down, even out shooting 17-11, but by 32.00 it was 0-5, and for no apparent reason turned the Game around with 4 unanswered Goals. So 4-5 going into the Final a PP on 43.03 secured the equaliser and thereafter Streatham pushed hard whilst Kostlansky was ever dangerous, again finishing with 2+2, until 56.35 ex Raider Import Jacob Klima scored the final and winning goal for Streatham.

Having lost their 2Games the previous w/e this hopefully has turned the Tide, still with 2 away Games this coming w/e at London again and Solent Sunday only time will tell !

I've had Computer trouble since August, having to rely on my I-pad which for some reason didn't allow to "Post" hereon, just "reply direct"

Twenty two Games seen this Season, 8 Streatham Home plus 8 Away, but nothing too exciting other than a visit to Berlin for 2 Nights for 4 Footie Matches but by giving one away saw 3 Hockey at different central Berlin Arena's, most impressive being Eisbaren at the O2, will be looking to revisit on any future Trip.

Feversham Lens
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 1, 2015, 9:36 PM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #222 of 389 (16184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Wall] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sunday 1st February 2015
Sheffield Steeldogs 5 Milton Keynes Lightning 3 (0-2, 2-0, 3-1)
English Premier League
Admission £10
No programme (printers failed to deliver to the venue, apparently)
Attendance 750 (est)
Refreshments (vile looking junk food) available. Took my own picnic

Three goals in the last 14 minutes clinched an exciting comeback win for Sheffield. The hosts trailed 0-2 and 2-3 at iceSheffield but their determined performance deserved victory. Steeldogs were outplayed in the first period, during which Milton Keynes took a firm grip with goals from Lewis Hook (15:15), their man of the match, and Ross Bowers (17:02). Sheffield tore into the visitors at the start of the second period but found Lightning's netminder Stephen Wall in great form. Eventually, the pressure told and Andrew Hirst (37:05) and Steve Duncombe (39:25) levelled matters going into the final period. Petr Horava (42:05) soon put Milton Keynes back in front with a strike from distance, only for Janis Ozolins (46:05) to equalise with a spectacular strike through Wall's legs. Home man of the match Tom Squires (49:05) then fired into the roof of the net from range to give Sheffield the lead for the first time. His extravagant celebration indicated just how much he enjoyed the goal. A unmarked Lubomir Korhon (54:24) sealed victory with a tap-in following a sweeping move on the break.

The match took place on Pad One at iceSheffield, a hugely impressive facility. Modern, bright and clean. No spectator accommodation behind the pipes but there are steeply raked banks of seats the length of both sides. Capacity is 1,500, I believe. About half-full this evening. A trestle table on the main concourse sold souvenirs.

A real bummer that the programme didn't materialise. I was told the printing firm failed to deliver to the rink. That's not good enough, surely? I trust Steeldogs will give the job to another - more reliable - firm before their next home fixture on February 14th. Can't be a shortage of decent printing firms out there looking for work.

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Feb 1, 2015, 9:38 PM)

Feversham Lens
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 8, 2015, 10:47 PM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #223 of 389 (15821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Wall] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sunday 8th February 2015
Widnes Wild 5 Hull Jets 3 (2-1, 1-1, 2-1)
NIHL Laidler Conference
Admission £6
No programme (haven't done one all season, apparently)
Attendance 250 (h/c)
Refreshments available (didn't bother)

Well, if I remember any aspect of my evening it will be the temperature of this Silver Blades rink. Bloody freezing! Easily the coldest of the 13 ice hockey venues I have attended. It's OK when you're a skater, charging about and getting hot and bothered beneath layers of protective gear. But this cold for spectating? It was miserable, frankly. Despite not being regarded as a nesh bugger, I was willing the final period to end from the moment it began.

A decent contest between well-matched teams, though even I could see the standard of the sport at this level is pretty poor. Hull arrived with just 12 skaters (against Widnes's 18), and the disadvantage proved costly. The teams were locked at 3-3 until the last 14 minutes, during which Widnes scored twice. Hull's keeper had an unhappy time, conceding a couple of soft goals.

Expected a programme here after Widnes issued throughout their debut season in 2013-14. But I was told they haven't bothered this term. The decision was down to one bloke, apparently, and from what people said, scrapping the programme is regarded as a retrograde step. Call me a cynic but I suspect Widnes looked at last season, when they charged a fiver admission and a quid for a programme, and simply thought 'sod it, we'll bump admission up to six quid and save ourselves the hassle of putting together a programme'.

Very modern ice rink (the newest in Britain, I think other posters have suggested), located adjacent to the A557 on a ghastly out-of-town leisure park rejoicing in the title Widnes Waterfront. Other occupants of the site include Brewers Fayre, Frankie & Benny's, Nando's and Premier Inn. Honestly, the irredeemable crappiness of much of modern Britain depresses the hell out of me. Viewing of the ice pad, even from the back row of seats that occupy only one side, isn't great. I was told the Wild's attendances are falling steadily. Maybe the club won't be around much longer. The elderly couple next to me, present to watch their grandson play for Hull, were astonished at how the crowd had dropped since their last visit. They also assured me I wasn't wrong about the chilly atmosphere.

Right, I'm off to make porridge. Should complete the thawing out process begun by the car heater!

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Feb 8, 2015, 11:12 PM)

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Feb 21, 2015, 10:02 PM

Post #224 of 389 (15449 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

English Premier League

Guildford Flames 6 Swindon Wildcats 2

admission £10-50 + 53p booking charge, programme free to download, attendance 1728
Flames looking to hold on to second place, Wildcats looking to break into the top four. The first period was goalless, Wildcats defended well and had the odd chance, Flames weren't great. The visitors took the lead early in the second and we wondered if an upset was on the cards. No. Flames quickly equalised and added a second 29 seconds later. Time out Wildcats. It didn't do any good because Flames got a third minutes later. The crucial part came near the end of the second when Flames had two men serving penalties. Flames easily survived the first penalty, then scored themselves while shorthanded to make it 4-1 at the end of the period. Wildcats weren't coming back from that and Flames showed them how to take advantage of a powerplay, scoring two when Swindon had two in the box. The visitors got a neat consolation to round off the scoring. First visit to the Spectrum for a while, much more comfortable facilities than my usual haunts at Basingstoke and Solent, but so little atmosphere..... the 100 visiting fans made more noise by far.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Feb 21, 2015, 10:04 PM)

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Feb 28, 2015, 11:05 PM

Post #225 of 389 (13642 views)
Shortcut

English Premier League

Basingstoke Bison 5 Guildford Flames 4 (OT and pens)

admission £13-00 programme yes, attendance est 1700
3rd v 2nd
Great game which went to penalties. A Bison win means that Telford win the league. Teams well-matched in a physical encounter. A fight (Balmer v McKinney) after 8 mins, after which there were a few flashpoints without it boiling over. Flames looked good in the first period, and led 2-1 at the end of it. The second goal was a classic, the puck being moved from side to side until the Bison defence was too stretched to prevent a powerful finish. But Bison upped their workrate even further during the second period, never allowing Flames to settle, and were rewarded with two good goals to lead 3-2 going into the final period. Flames quickly equalised, and the game was in the balance as both teams had chances. Bison took the lead through Connolly with 3:20 to play and we thought that might be it. But with 1:25 to play Flames got another equaliser and it was overtime. Tense in overtime but not many chances. The first two penalties were saved, Flames took the lead, and when Long messed up his shot for the Bison it looked over. But Skinns saved the next two, Greener scored, and it was left to Rounding to convert the winning penalty to send the Bison fans wild at the end of a superb local derby. The visiting Guildford fans also showed that there is some life in Surrey too (after my visit there last week, maybe it's only when they're away from it).

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3