Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
Fictional football on film:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 10, 2014, 8:00 PM

Post #51 of 101 (30055 views)
Shortcut
Re: [N12] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Continuity and related errors in TV and film would provide a thread running to many hundreds of messages in a very short time...

pinewoodste
First Team Star

Jan 10, 2014, 11:07 PM

Team(s): Whoever plays Ipswich Town

Post #52 of 101 (30027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [N12] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I watched Silent Witness. Having not been there but seen photos I did wonder if the training ground used was actually The Hive at Barnet.

Also, tonight's edition of Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys shows a football pitch early in the programme next to Lockwood Viaduct just before he got off at Honley Station. Not googled that yet.

MarkInGorleston
First Team Star

Jan 11, 2014, 11:05 AM

Post #53 of 101 (29992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pinewoodste] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There was a football pitch yesterday in the Bristol area.
The colours of the area behind the goal was yellow and green, which would not be City or Rovers. Any ideas for someone hosting a dinner party in Bristol area?
It looked non league anyway. (Come dine with me) Thanks. (He was older than 50 the man hosting, so not a player.)Tongue

I would laugh my head off if AFCW went down along with ColUwe and We**ham.

(This post was edited by MarkInGorleston on Jan 11, 2014, 11:08 AM)

jon b
First Team Star

Jan 20, 2014, 8:25 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #54 of 101 (29394 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Surprised nobody has dragged this up to poke fun at last week's episode of Silent Witness.

Poke fun at the documentary style accuracy of "Silent Witness"?! Perish the thought.

I now take it for granted that most criminals are physically chased, apprehended and interviewed by young, photogenic forensic scientists. Surely we should be dispensing with the guys/gals in blue uniforms altogether and recruiting thousands more pathologists to patrol the streets. Tongue

(This post was edited by jon b on Jan 20, 2014, 1:15 PM)

Ropemaker
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 2, 2014, 2:16 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #55 of 101 (26884 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Couldn't resist giving Casualty a look last night, after I saw that the plot involved "football hooligans". I think the last time I watched the programme was in the late 80s with a similar plotline. I thought the stereotypes were bad then. Have things improved? In a word, no.

No grounds shown. All the "action" was based around a punch up in a pub. At one point, one "fan" showed a flare to his mate in a pub. Of course, this being Casualty it was all going to end in tears. Can it get any worse? Apparently, it's going to be continued in this weeks Holby City.

I can't wait Smile

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

southend statto
First Team Star

Dec 28, 2014, 9:55 PM

Team(s): most of my local sides

Post #56 of 101 (26463 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Comrades, anyone ID the ground in the AutoTrader TV commercial? thanks.

Dr Love
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 30, 2014, 2:28 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #57 of 101 (25918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [southend statto] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It looks like the stand at Clapton.

pinewoodste
First Team Star

Jan 3, 2015, 8:29 PM

Post #58 of 101 (22992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

AutoTrader advert. I guessed it was also the stand at Clapton.

Also, over Christmas I watched that David Walliams programme called the The Boy who Wore a Dress. I guessed the ground used was Walton Casuals.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 5, 2015, 6:51 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #59 of 101 (21305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pinewoodste] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Was that Killwinning Rangers ground on GB Railway journeys tonight?

KnowYourMarket

Jan 6, 2015, 9:48 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #60 of 101 (21218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

'twas

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

kirby knitters

Jan 6, 2015, 10:22 AM

Post #61 of 101 (21208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
'twas

Thanks for that KYM, rather a shame to be sitting there enjoying another cracking new series of this excellent prog and looking out for football grounds which i have done loads of timesSly

PaulC

Jan 11, 2015, 11:18 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #62 of 101 (19255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
'twas

Thanks for that KYM, rather a shame to be sitting there enjoying another cracking new series of this excellent prog and looking out for football grounds which i have done loads of timesSly

Portaloo missed out on showing Troon's and Irvine Vic's grounds, both of which are at the foot of the railway embankment he travelled along.

He missed out on my back garden too.

Rob North
First Team Star

Jan 15, 2015, 2:10 PM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #63 of 101 (18965 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Was that Killwinning Rangers ground on GB Railway journeys tonight?

Call me Mr. Picky if you will, but I believe Kilwinning are actually a real team...

kirby knitters

May 11, 2015, 8:30 PM

Post #64 of 101 (13834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
In Corrie Weatherfield Rovers(?) are a Conference team.

Ken Barlow's brother David played for Weatherfield County in the early 1960s. He was transferred to a London second division team for 1000.

He later returned to the Street and was player/manager of Weatherfield Athletic

Can find nothing online but Weatherfield County have sacked the manager McGilligan according to The Gazette.

colpic
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 11, 2015, 11:04 PM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #65 of 101 (13806 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Ken Barlow's brother David played for Weatherfield County in the early 1960s. He was transferred to a London second division team for 1000.

Can find nothing online but Weatherfield County have sacked the manager McGilligan according to The Gazette.

I'm not surprised. He wears wellies on the touchline. I ask you!

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

Loiner
First Team Star

May 11, 2015, 11:27 PM

Team(s): None. A supporter of grassroots football

Post #66 of 101 (13799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colpic] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I'm not surprised. He wears wellies on the touchline. I ask you!

But what about his brolly?

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 9, 2016, 11:59 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #67 of 101 (11584 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In episode 2 of Stan Lee's Lucky Man, currently showing on Sky One, James Nesbitt's character goes greyhound racing. I instantly recognised the stadium as Central Park, the former home of Sittingbourne and Maidstone United.

PaulC

Jun 4, 2016, 12:03 PM

Post #68 of 101 (10062 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't know how many of you have discovered the Talking Pictures TV channel - it has a wonderful archive of British films from the 30s to the 60s - mainly black and white B Feature film.

I've just been watching "The Great Game" from 1952 with plenty of shots of Brentford's Griffin Park. A story of a footballer being transferred to Burnville United from Monktown Rovers for 20,000 and getting 14 a week and a job in the ruthless chairman's factory.

Worth watching for the leer a young John Laurie gives to Diana Dors.

I loved the ending when the ousted chairman considers his next sporting project for making money: "Cricket! Celebrity matches, playing under floodlights! Yes. Get me the MCC!"

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Jun 28, 2016, 10:21 PM

Post #69 of 101 (9545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or

Apologies if it is elsewhere and I can't work out how to search, but which ground is Rovers comedy based at pleased?Some scenes look fake but there are some outside shots.
Ta

PaulC

Jun 28, 2016, 10:22 PM

Post #70 of 101 (9543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I haven't watched it but the promos said New Mills.

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Jun 28, 2016, 10:38 PM

Post #71 of 101 (9522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or

Cheers, just found it on the filming locations page on IMBD or whatever

pinewoodste
First Team Star

Aug 6, 2016, 11:21 PM

Post #72 of 101 (8834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I watched the film 'The Great Game ' last week with some great views of Brentford's ground when it looked fairly packed during a game & empty when they were training.

There was an advert recently, no idea what for but you could see a bit of cover & it had Brackley Town on it.

Not football but also on Talking Pictures recently I watched the 1949 film called 'Third Time Lucky.' Early on shots outside of Kingsland Stadium which I googled & don't seem to exist but later on they go inside & you see some views of Catford dog stadium.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 12, 2016, 4:43 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #73 of 101 (7384 views)
Shortcut

I recently watched an episode of Yes Minister (series 3 episode 7 The Middle-Class Rip-Off) which begins with scenes from a game, which is supposed to be in the Midlands. There are shots of one stand so I'm wondering if anyone can recognise where it was filmed. The episode dates back to 1982.

The link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5hsJCF7Va4 and the football ground scene starts immediately after the opening title sequence.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

Ropemaker

Aug 12, 2016, 4:52 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #74 of 101 (7377 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I recently watched an episode of Yes Minister (series 3 episode 7 The Middle-Class Rip-Off) which begins with scenes from a game, which is supposed to be in the Midlands. There are shots of one stand so I'm wondering if anyone can recognise where it was filmed. The episode dates back to 1982.

The link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5hsJCF7Va4 and the football ground scene starts immediately after the opening title sequence.

The match is at Craven Cottage

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

acmold

Aug 12, 2016, 4:55 PM

Post #75 of 101 (7370 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or

Could be Fulham v Oxford United from 80/1 which was 4-0 to Oxford. Not 81/2 as that was an evening game.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3