Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!!

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next page Last page  View All

bagman
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 30, 2016, 12:05 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #276 of 399 (10977 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bagman] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

BANK HOLIDAY DOUBLE-HEADER - 30 RACES IN ONE AFTERNOON!!!

RYE HOUSE ROCKETS v
REDCAR BEARS
MONDAY MAY 30, 2016 @ 2.00pm - PREMIER LEAGUE
followed immediately by...

RYE HOUSE RAIDERS v
EASTBOURNE EAGLES
NATIONAL LEAGUE

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 3, 2016, 12:22 PM

Team(s):

Post #277 of 399 (10826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bagman] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Only one meeting so far this season at Ipswich, didn't enjoy it. But an enjoyable trip to Pocking for the U21 S/F.

Other meetings planned.
Horsens GP
Sibiu (Romania)
Varkuas (Finland)
Wellend (Canada)
Hopefully Belle Vue will have a Saturday meeting when the Football season has started again, if not I'll leave it until next season, no rush to get to 200 tracks, I'll probably stick at 196 after the four mentioned above.

TheLinnet
Youth Team Sub

Jun 19, 2016, 2:16 PM

Team(s): Ruislip Manor(RIP), Middlesex C.C.C. King's Lynn Stars

Post #278 of 399 (10445 views)
Shortcut

We were going to -
19th June 2016 3:30pm
National League
Mildenhall v Cradley Heath
But have now been told it's OFF.
Anyone know anything?

WE ATE'NT DEAD (with acknowledgement to the late great Terry Pratchett)
Last new ground (Football) - Emirates Stadium
Last new ground (Cricket) - Trent Bridge
Last new track (Speedway) - Buxton

Norwich6
Junior Team Star

Jun 19, 2016, 6:45 PM

Team(s):

Post #279 of 399 (10393 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TheLinnet] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

From what I can gather from looking at various websites it was called off this morning by Mildenhall promoter Kevin Jolly.

It would seem that he was upset that Cradley were able to bring in
Matt Williamson as a guest for Luke Chessell whilst Mildenhall had to use rider replacement for Jon Armstrong.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this it is yet another episode to the detriment of the sport.

Last night I was at Kings Lynn watching the first round of the World
Under 21 championship the meeting started on time at 1930 but the last race of the 23 was completed at 2335.

Yes there were several crashes especially on the first bend but there just seemed no urgency to get things moving at all. We had the dubious pleasure of watching the usual grading of the track after heats 4,8,12 etc. think I timed one of these breaks as lasting 9 minutes.

The referee put the red lights on as soon as a rider fell never giving them a chance to get up and push the bike off the track.

It would seem there was only one paramedic there as she had to go off to the medical room with a injured rider so it could not restart until
she was back.

All such a shame as some of the racing was good. Of course many people had left long before the finish. The crowd at the start was not that good and speedway now seems to attract few people under the age of 50. cannot see many younger people getting into the sport with meetings such as this.

KnowYourMarket
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 19, 2016, 9:07 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #280 of 399 (10332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Norwich6] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was also at:

World U21 Speedway Final Round 1 @ King's Lynn

Admission £20, programme £5, cheeseburger and chips £4.90, coffee £1.50

As Norwich6 said they didn't half drag this out. Good racing when we got some but the continual delays were somewhat grinding. I'd told my missus I'd be back about midnight, instead my key in the door was at 2am!

Some very good riders on show, especially the top 4, although Lambert and Pieszczek were the cut above:-

FIM WORLD UNDER-21 FINAL Round 1, King’s Lynn
1 Krystian Pieszczek (Pol)
2 Robert Lambert (GB)
3 Max Fricke (Aus)
4 Erik Riss (Ger)

STANDINGS after Round 1 of 3
1 Krystian Pieszczek (Pol) 20
2 Robert Lambert (GB) 19
3 Jack Holder (Aus) 13
4= Max Fricke (Aus) 12
4= Josh Bates (GB) 12

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

(This post was edited by KnowYourMarket on Jun 19, 2016, 9:08 PM)

KnowYourMarket

Jun 25, 2016, 10:28 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #281 of 399 (9826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The football on show on the TV was crap, I had to get out. So I asked the wife if she fancied going to the speedway and she agreed. Her debut!

Stoke Potters 44-46 Belle Vue Colts

Admission £28 for 2 adults and a programme.

My first 3rd level meeting since the debacle I watched with Buncranaboy at Weymouth a few years ago. I expected this to last a while because of falls but we only had 2 and as the referee was keen to keep the meeting flowing due to the gathering gloam we were done by 823pm. It started to rain as we walked to the car.

My wife said if she'd realised it was going to cost this much she wouldn't have bothered. In fairness it is poor value really. It was a tight meeting but as the riders are average it's not that exciting.

Shame.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Jul 3, 2016, 2:37 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #282 of 399 (9616 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

£28 for 2 Adults and a prog is the average for the National League, its what you would pay at Kent (Sittingbourne) and Eastbourne 2 of my regular haunts, though the quality of the programme like football does vary, Eastbourne's being very good whilst the Kent one is not worth £2. If you were to watch the 'Elite League' then you would be looking at £37 - £40 at most tracks. Belle Vue is a bit different as they seem to have 3 price bands depending where you want to watch your speedway.

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Jul 3, 2016, 3:33 PM

Post #283 of 399 (9606 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I recently went to Swindon for my first speedway in a couple of seasons. It was £17 in and £3 for a programme. If I had booked on line in advance then the programme is included in the £17.

I do note, however, that they have cut admission for their Monday night TV match (v Coventry) to £10. Not sure whether this is acknowledging the TV effect along with a non-standard race night, or a more general dip in attendance.

Norwich6
Junior Team Star

Jul 7, 2016, 7:21 AM

Team(s):

Post #284 of 399 (9384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wednesday 6th July

National League Speedway
Kings Lynn Young Stars 46 Kent Kings 44
Admission £10 (concession) £12 Adult
Programme £1
Tea £1.50

An excellent evening of speedway Kent Kings were ahead by four
points at one stage but a heat 15 5 1 heat win to the Stars meant
Kings suffered their first league defeat of the season. This was the best meeting I have seen for a long while with passing in many races and heats 13 and 15 were superb

Also there were was only heat rerun due to a fall and no tape exclusions or other rerun heats. The track was only graded after heats 4 and 8 and there seemed to be an urgency to get on with proceedings.

All this meant the 15 races were completed by 2115 if only all meetings could be like this !

(This post was edited by Norwich6 on Jul 7, 2016, 7:39 AM)

The Moose
First Team Star

Jul 9, 2016, 12:40 AM

Team(s):

Post #285 of 399 (9101 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Norwich6] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fri 8th July - PREMIER LGE PAIRS @ OTA Somerset

Zummerzet Rebels beat Edinburgh Monarchs in final after 23 heats

ADM: £20 PROG: £4 ATT: h/c 1,750

After taking yonks to get across the levels & up the M5, I was then confronted with the travelling hordes from all corners of the Earth. British & Foreign fans alike evidently spending the weekend in these parts before the main event at Caerdydd (Grand Prix). The car park was heaving, as was most vantage points around the track. Windy, far too dusty so I tried to find a reason to convince myself I'd not missed shale action this summer.

Cue a cracking meeting, deservedly won by the homesters, along with plenty of thrills & overtaking. So tiz fair to say I surprised myself really by thoroughly enjoying the meeting. Good to know there's plenty of folk prepared to still watch the no brakes fun & frolics. Now quite looking forward to the Grand Prix later on for my double header weekend.

KRTM Cool

The Moose
First Team Star

Jul 10, 2016, 7:02 PM

Team(s):

Post #286 of 399 (8838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sat 9th July - BRITISH GRAND PRIX @ CARDIFF

TKT: £25 PROG: £10 Unsure ATT: 30,000?

Finally got round to doing Millenium Stadium for shale action as opposed to footy & it bacame my 55th British track attended. Part of my double header weekend & if I'm honest, I enjoyed the pairs meeting at the OTA a tad more. Difficult of course to prepare a decent track when it only gets used once per season. For me the evening never really got going till the Woofster finally got his act together, winning his first race in heat 18. Credit to Lindback for looking the business all night from race one onwards.

On reflection tiz job done for me & I doubt I'll bother with it again as give me a Carmarthen, Lathallen or Weymouth type of track, which will always be my preference. Probably due to me nearing the GOG (grumpy old git), stage of life but I can't say I'm a huge fan of air horns going off two inches from my lugholes! I get the impression however that the families that come to this well staged event, don't bother going anywhere else on a regular basis? Shame really else some of our smaller tracks would be far better attended if they were as professionally run as the Grand Prix. Hey ho, we move on & hoping to fit the new Belle Vue track in before the end of the season.

KRTM Cool

buncranaboy

Jul 11, 2016, 10:10 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #287 of 399 (8715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

British GP at Principality Stadium : 1 Lindback, 2 Woffinden, 3 Zmarzlik, 4 Hancock. Admission £20. Programme £10. Attendance 40,000c
My fourth year running at this event and whilst it doesn't provide the greatest racing, it's still a great day out and the advance old gits rate is good value in my opinion. The usual drive to Cwmbran, train into Cardiff, pre-meeting snifters at The Urban Tap House across the road from the stadium followed by more scoops and a good lunch at Mochyn Du pub next to Sophia Gardens. The atmosphere in town is great, the weather was fine and the beer at Mochyn Du was free due to lunch being delayed - what's not to like?
Lindback had one of his "on" nights and deserved his win while Woffinden ate into Hancock's championship lead which now stands at a mere three points. Plus it's probably a new ground for me as it's no longer called the Millennium Stadium; what do you reckon Hod ?
Meeting ended just before 8 and I was having a pint in my local at 22.10 discussing our revisit plans for next year again.

The Moose
First Team Star

Jul 12, 2016, 10:37 AM

Team(s):

Post #288 of 399 (8642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bore da Padster! I've now seen it reported that 45,000 were in attendance although you could've fooled me as it seemed at least half empty? Millennium or Principality, tiz all the same difference to me! Either way the stadium is always a good craic, especially with the roof on. I also went back in the day when it was just plain old Arms Park so no doubt that should now count as three different grounds then Tongue

KRTM Cool

acmold

Jul 12, 2016, 3:22 PM

Post #289 of 399 (8557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Bore da Padster! I've now seen it reported that 45,000 were in attendance although you could've fooled me as it seemed at least half empty? Millennium or Principality, tiz all the same difference to me! Either way the stadium is always a good craic, especially with the roof on. I also went back in the day when it was just plain old Arms Park so no doubt that should now count as three different grounds then Tongue

KRTM Cool

Four if you count the adjoining one in the same complex, where many of us spent a Saturday evening in 1995 watching Ton Pentre.

sandhurstbee

Jul 15, 2016, 10:22 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #290 of 399 (8375 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

All Bracketed surely Wink

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

buncranaboy

Jul 15, 2016, 10:28 PM

Post #291 of 399 (8157 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

KRTM Cool

Four if you count the adjoining one in the same complex, where many of us spent a Saturday evening in 1995 watching Ton Pentre.

Blimey - a Molders post without the O word !!!

ciderjon
First Team Star

Jul 16, 2016, 8:46 AM

Team(s):

Post #292 of 399 (7933 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Dear God, three grounds? Four grounds? Nonsense.

The Principality aka Millennium is built on the National Stadium with a shift round in the pitch of 90 degrees. This in turn had replaced an earlier set of structures on the same site. Remodelled 1969. One stand at the Millennium is older than the 1999 rebuild, the North. That is ground 1

Next door and sharing the stand referred to above, indeed sharing access too is the Arms Park, home of Cardiff Blues and Cardiff rfc. That is ground 2. There is no longer a greyhound track and the cricket moved away well before my time.

The National Stadium was never referred to as the Arms Park except by mistaken radio commentators.

Last new Belgian beer: Lupulus (formerly Trois Fourquets) Triple 8.5% bc (808)

acmold

Jul 16, 2016, 9:46 AM

Post #293 of 399 (7904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ciderjon] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or

Same entrance shared stand though backing onto each. The people with same complex complex will now have another complex.

And putting my Pedants Hat on (well used) the level of the pitch at the 1999 rebuild is at a different level than prior to 1999 I believe.

And if I had seen a fixture at the Swimming Pool how do I take that into consideration when calculating sports venues visited. For instance if I had visited that but not the pre 1999 stadium rebuild but had since gone to the Millennium Stadium or Principality Stadium. Though I think I'm safe on Pool and Arms Park being different.

I've actually done everything for football bar the pool so I think I can claim two plus a bracket. I've even seen a drunk Moderator at one game.

Oh and does a game with the roof closed counted as bracketed tick in brackets?.

The Wall
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 19, 2016, 8:30 PM

Post #294 of 399 (7674 views)
Shortcut

Driving up to Southport for two Days CC with a night out in Leigh to enable attendance at the National Speedway Stadium for Elite League

BELLE VUE ACES vs Leicester Lions
Kirkmanshulme Lane, M12 4WB
Adm. £19 Concession. Prog £3 Original 08/04 plus 8 page insert
Meat & Tattie Pie plus Tea £5.

A 19.30 start, arriving at 18.55 easy to Park up opposite Stadium, in queue within 5 mins but not able to enter until 19.30, principally due to large crowd and only 3 Boxes open. Start delete until 20.00 advised due to queue size but once inside apologising for delay due to Track Work, oh yeh !

The Main Stand is All Seater, numbered and reserved, thus long discussion at point of sale, whilst the opposite is a Standing Terrace.

The view however was excellent as was the actual Racing, lead changing hands several times but clinched in the final Heat with Belle Vue leading 43-41 a 5-1, was more than adequate to secure the points

The new Stadium for the Greyhounds is separate, 150 yards along the same Road, plenty of spare cash then !

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Jul 22, 2016, 11:37 AM

Team(s): Palace/Epsom and Ewell/Didcot Town and Djurgardens IF.

Post #295 of 399 (7501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Wall] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Going there for the WC Final on Sat 30th Eddie, looking forward to it.
A day off yesterday from work to do the 'Pigs Gone Wild' trail in Ipswich, then an evening at Foxhall Heath, first visit there for 16 or 17 years, and my first visit to Speedway for 2 years. Rather fallen out of love with the sport.
Premier League, Ipswich 57-36 Peterborough, £16, Programme £2.50, Tea £1.70, att 700-800 I'd guess.
A rather one sided encounter, as captain and British champion Danny King eased to a 15 point maximum. Panthers guest (for No1 Craig Cook) Lasse Bjerre having a bit of a mare, and falling and retiring in his first two rides. In fact the only strong resistance came from Jacobsen, who looked a very decent rider. Foxhall Heath is now a very decent venue, with 2,000 seats on the back straight (uncovered), no charge for parking, which is refreshing.
The racing was never more then mediocre, and the meeting was never close. Some times you can't dress it up, and for a first timer, they may not return. But I plan to get to 4/5 meetings this season.
Plenty of catering, bar, and the usual uninspiring and awful speedway music over the PA, and cheesy and dull presentation by the white jacketed fella in the centre green.
Having said all that, I enjoyed the evening, no problems getting home, and key turned at 00:10 Wink

2019-20 - 32 games, last Loughborough Foxes v Nottm Forest Women 10/10, goals 101, avgpg 3.15, new grounds 9. Last - Loughborough University 10/10.
New Grounds in 2019 - 22. 2018 - 44. 2017 -44. Grounds in Total - 1215.
RL Grounds - 34 (Last - Craven Park, Barrow - 8/9/19), Speedway Tracks 50.

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Aug 2, 2016, 11:25 AM

Team(s): Palace/Epsom and Ewell/Didcot Town and Djurgardens IF.

Post #296 of 399 (7234 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The World Team Cup Final at the National Stadium, Belle Vue, Manchester, Admission £37.50, Programme £10, 7pm, att circa 7-9,000.
1st Poland 39 2nd GB 32 3rd Sweden 30 4th Australia 22
My first visit to the new National Stadium on Saturday.
Observations.
I stayed in Leigh on Saturday night, at the Holiday Inn Express at the Leigh Sports Village, 200 yards from the ground! for the RL Challenge Cup SF, very good, excellent value for £25 and a superb programme for £5, I digress. Then an 18 mile drive to Belle Vue, v easy, 30 minutes, and then parked in a side street about 10 minutes walk from the stadium. I left Leigh at 17:35, and was in the stadium less than an hour later.
I sat in the temporary stand between the 3rd and 4th bends, near the top. Great view of the track, which looked in excellent condition, and raced very well, the racing was very good, with a good deal of passing. Sadly, GB, without Woffinden, who was outstanding would not have had a chance in hell of a medal, and his joker double 6 points in heat 12, gave the team the lift to challenge, until Poland turned the screw, their 4 riders all rode and scored consistantly.
> About the stadium.
The screen on the other side of the track was impossible to see, and the PA was very poor. So, in most races I did not know who all four riders were!
Programme £10 !!!! Absolute rip off, and in light of my comments above, for that price, they could have printed 5,000 updated race cards for the final to hand out for free with the team line ups, race line-ups already printed out.
Apparently for the race off the night before, there was no PA at all at this end of the stadium!
Toilets, again a joke, a small number of portaloos, not enough to service those who wanted to use them during the track grading intervals, I gave up, and held it in until I got home. A few tried having a pee behind the temporary seats and were chased by yellow jacketed stewards like they were about to commit some mortal sin. It's wrong, but if you don't have suitable facilities! !
I'd hesitate to commit to watching a big event here again, certainly not in the temporary seats, maybe in the main stand. I suspect the PA was much better along the side, and the screen more visible from along the side.

2019-20 - 32 games, last Loughborough Foxes v Nottm Forest Women 10/10, goals 101, avgpg 3.15, new grounds 9. Last - Loughborough University 10/10.
New Grounds in 2019 - 22. 2018 - 44. 2017 -44. Grounds in Total - 1215.
RL Grounds - 34 (Last - Craven Park, Barrow - 8/9/19), Speedway Tracks 50.

(This post was edited by WestBerksPalace on Aug 2, 2016, 11:37 AM)

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 16, 2016, 5:43 PM

Team(s): Workington Reds, St Ives Roosters RLFC

Post #297 of 399 (6881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 13 August 2016
Premier League
Workington Comets 48 Ipswich Witches 46
Admission £15 on the terraces
Programme - free

A last heat decider won this meeting for the Comets. Wasn't much tension or atmosphere in Derwent Park at all. Had a good walk around the ground and its an absolute dump. You wouldn't think 500k was spent on it for the Rugby League World Cup.

The Moose
First Team Star

Aug 18, 2016, 10:09 AM

Team(s):

Post #298 of 399 (6772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Workington FC] Where are you going - where did you go? SPEEDWAY!!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

National League: BELLE VUE COLTS 50 IOW WARRIORS 40

TKT: £10. PROG: £2 (12 pages). ATT: 350 h/c

Another one to get the 'new' Kirky Lane track done & re-complete all three speedway division grounds. The forecast for Friday is rubbish so decided to get it done whilst the sun was still shining. Doesn't bother me one iota twuz for the Colts rather than Aces, as I'd already seen them before up the road & back in the day at Hyde Road too. Decent meeting with overtaking so at least they've sorted the track out now. Quite a wide surface too so plenty of room for those brave enough to go round the boards.

Stadium is more akin to a National League ground that Salford City (where I was last night), would love to own. If being picky, I can't say they need to utilise Premier League stewards, just to check everyone's bag. Clearly done for no better reason than to force you to part with more dosh the minute you go through the turnstile. The catering is shall we say, never going to win any culinary awards either. Hey ho, job done & granddaughter really enjoyed her first meeting & wants to go again, bless her!

KRTM :-)

buncranaboy

Aug 29, 2016, 10:52 PM

Post #299 of 399 (6529 views)
Shortcut

Elite League : Belle Vue Aces 49 Poole Pirates 41. Admission £17; Programme £3. Attendance maybe 4,000 ?
I decided that a rare noon start at the National Speedway Centre followed by an easy RL tick would save the pain of a trudge up the M6 on a weeknight and besides, this choice allowed me a lie-in till 9. A few other posters have already been and made their observations - mine were mainly positive. It's certainly a step-up from the "facilities" on offer at most UK tracks - there was a large car-park on site (£3 I think) but as I wanted a speedy getaway, I parked on the street no more than 3 minutes walk away. No cash at the turnstiles, so you had to queue for a ticket first but no subsequent frisking on entry, but then I didn't have a holdall or carrier bag (I know, what kind of hopper am I?).
As mentioned, one side is a large covered terrace with a seated stand opposite. There's a small area of terracing above the first bend which I imagine gives a good view. The stands that were in place for the WC last month have gone. I take the point about catering; I was on the terrace with maybe 2,000 others and the only outlet was a grease-wagon which wasn't doing much trade this morning; an ice-cream van would have made a killing. There was one other very bored-looking bint selling plastic bottles of lager for the desperate. A cup of tea-ish was £2 and barely hot.
On a baking morning, it took over two hours to complete the 16 minutes of racing with a couple of lengthy stops to water the track which was obviously a bit of a dust-bowl as the meeting progressed. Not much wrong with the track however with some good racing on a long fast track with plenty of opportunities to attack. These are the top two sides in the league at present and should both make the end-of-season play-offs. If they meet again, it should be a good watch. No fewer than 11 of the 15 heats were tied including the last eight with Pirates only edging heat 5. Maximums in heats 2 and 7 were ultimately enough to win the meeting for the Aces. Good stuff, but it shouldn't take so long..
Top scorers : Aces - Zagar 10+3, Fricke 10+2, Jacobs 8+1. Pirates - Holder 10+1, Newman 7, Andersen 6+1
Just under 9 miles away and 25 minutes later, I pitched up at Heywood Road - see RL section

(This post was edited by buncranaboy on Aug 29, 2016, 10:53 PM)

sandhurstbee

Sep 7, 2016, 2:50 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #300 of 399 (6331 views)
Shortcut

In Eastbourne at the weekend, possibly my first trip to Arlington for Eastbourne v Stoke on Sunday Afternoon 3.30

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3