Where are you going - where did you go? BASKETBALL

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Noru
Junior Team Sub

Sep 18, 2016, 2:20 PM

Team(s): Buxton FC

Post #101 of 107 (3835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] Where are you going - where did you go? BASKETBALL [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 17th September 2016

LANCASHIRE SPINNERS 58-78 TEAM NORTHUMBRIA
(National Trophy - Pool 3)

Venue: Castle Leisure Centre, Bury
Adm: £5 (U16 £3, Family £10)
Attnd: Can't find it anywhere, will do a rough head count at the next game.
Comments: Merch table restocked.

Team Northumbria took the lead from the start, 0 - 4 from their first two possessions and the Spinners remained behind for the rest of the game.
Halftime score was 33-43, Spinners got the gap down to 6 point during the third quarter but Northumbria took control of the final quarter and extended their lead to 20 points.

Overall the Spinners seemed a little rusty for their first competitive game of the season but will improve once the new players gel with the squad. It was one of the largest losses I've witnessed watching the Spinners but still an enjoyable evening in the Castle.

The next home game is a local derby against Manchester Magic (Sat 24 Sep 2016, 17:45)! Sadly one Iíll have to miss as Iíll be on holiday.

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 23, 2016, 10:14 AM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #102 of 107 (3728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Noru] Where are you going - where did you go? BASKETBALL [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They're obviously going to miss Gayle. I can predict another double-digit loss when you're on holiday.

rambler77
First Team Star

Feb 19, 2017, 7:25 AM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #103 of 107 (2495 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Noru] Where are you going - where did you go? BASKETBALL [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 18th February 2017

LEICESTER RIDERS 98-63 MANCHESTER GIANTS
(BBL)

@ Leicester Community Sports Arena
Att: plenty of seats - maybe around 1,500
Admission: £13 (adv)
Prog: £2

This was part 2 of my sporting double on my 40th birthday. As one sided as expected. Even though the Riders were not at full strength - club captain Tyler Bernadini and Shane Walker were out injured, the gulf in class between the sides sitting at the top and bottom of the BBL table was massive.

Riders never had to go through the gears to get the victory, and by his own standards point guard Brandon Clark had a quiet game. Another of their American imports Taylor King was the deserved MVP with 24 points, 11 rebounds and 7 assists.

Good to see coach Rob Paternostro giving the youngsters a chance with three players from their Charnwood College side given some minutes. Point guard Johde Campbell looked the most impressive of the three, and could well have a bright future in the game.

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 20, 2017, 4:15 AM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #104 of 107 (2437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] Where are you going - where did you go? BASKETBALL [In reply to] Can't Post or

From Saturday 11th February, a broken phone means I've lost all my notes!

Super Basketball League - Taiwan - 3pm
Taiwan Beer 76-72 Fubon Braves

Adm: NT$300 for all 3 games
Att: 900 estimate

This was the first of three back to back games at the Kaohsiung Arena located a short walk from the MRT or 10 minutes walk from Zuoying railway station. Last season only Banqiao/Changhua arenas were used, so it was good to finally see some basketball in southern Taiwan. That said, I had only looked at the fixtures 2 days before and with nothing else to do, went for it.

There was no food or drink in the arena and I'd made the mistake of not bringing any food so went hungry for the first 2 games! With a large mall next door and fast food outlets within a 5 minute walk, I guess there is no need.

The first game was between two of the sides near the top of the 7 team league and it was always competitive. The Braves lead 21-16 after a quarter but were outfought in the 2nd quarter as Taiwan Beer edged ahead 39-35 at half-time.

The game swung back in the Braves favour in the 3rd, shooting an efficient 5/6 from the 2pt line and 7/8 from the free throw line. They managed 20 points to the Beer's 14 so it was a 2 point game with a quarter to go.

In the 4th, Beer rebounded 16-6 and shot 3/6 from the 3pt line whilst the Braves failed to shoot any threes. Perhaps deservedly so, despite poorer 2pt shooting throughout the game that Taiwan Beer took quarter 23-17 and the game, 76-72.

Super Basketball League - Taiwan - 5pm
Yulen Luxgen Dinos 63-76 Pauian

A good first game was followed by an uncompetitive second. Pauian eased to victory in this one, Spencer Davis scoring 21 and rebounding 20, it showed how dominant some of the foreign players can be.

Yulen actually lead 16-15 after a quarter but it rapidly went downhill from there. They shot 1 from 11 2 pointers in the 2nd which is utterly dreadful and were 42-32 down at the half-time interval. Pauian never looked like losing their 10 point advantage, particularly when Yulen shot 2 of their 16 3 point attempts! The 3rd quarter saw Pauian power ahead at 59-43 and it was just a case of getting the 4th quarter done and dusted. Yulen won that 20-16 but it was too little too late.

40% 2pt shooting, from 19% from 3s, and Yulen were supposed to be the better side!

Super Basketball League - Taiwan - 7pm
Dacin Tigers 86-90 Kaoliang Kinmen Liquor

This was supposedly to be the thrashing of the day, top v bottom but instead we got game of the day as KKL stunned 7ft 5 giant Sim Bhullar and the rest of the Dacin Tigers.

The game started with the Tigers taking a 22-19 lead but had fewer shots than their opponents, that was an early sign that this wasn't going to be the game I expected. The 2nd quarter saw KKL shoot just 4/14 2s but the Tigers were more efficient, shooting 6 from 7 and with 3/7 to 1/6 from 3s, they took a 48-36 lead.

With the top of the table side holding a 12pt advantage, naturally I expected the floodgates to either open or the game to just fade away but it did neither. KKL got 8FTs and shot all 8, the Tigers got 0 and that was the difference as they took the quarter 21-14 and the lead was down to 5.

The 4th was end to end basketball, both sides absolutely went for it and I think KKL went 11-0 at one point after being 13 behind. It was manic and the last few minutes were so tense as KKL desperately tried to get themselves into the lead. They went ahead with about 2 left and the Tigers missed a 3 to level at 89-89 with 7 seconds left. They fouled, and KKL took the game.

A cracking day of basketball. I expected this to be my last, but as you'll see when I eventually catch up on all my reports, it was not!

Tom

rambler77
First Team Star

Mar 5, 2017, 1:11 PM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #105 of 107 (2270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Where are you going - where did you go? BASKETBALL [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 4th March

LEICESTER RIDERS 82-75 CHESHIRE PHOENIX
(BBL)

Admission: £16 - late decision to go hence the price increase
Programme: £2

The Riders off a reduce rate if booked at least a day in advance, which I normally do, but it was only on Saturday morning that we (the wife and I) decided to go. A babysitter was sorted - something that I am still having to get used to, and we went to our 3rd Riders game of the season.

This was the third time these two sides had played each other in the space of eight days. The Riders winning the previous two (both legs of the Trophy semi final) by twenty points. This time they struggled for the first half and found themselves nine points down at the half. The second quarter was probably the worst I have ever seen them play. In the third they played like league leaders and had turned the deficit into a two point lead. They increased this to a maximum of ten during the fourth, and despite a rally from the Phoenix the hosts held out for the win.

When you are top of the table and are on a club record run of 15 straight wins you are there to be shot at. Next up for them is the Trophy Final in Glasgow on the 19th v Plymouth.

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

zebedee
First Team Star

Oct 29, 2017, 5:55 PM

Team(s): Southport

Post #106 of 107 (1335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] Where are you going - where did you go? BASKETBALL [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Liverpool 82-90 Nottingham Hoods
English Division Two

Liverpool Basketball Club play at Archbishop Beck College in Fazakerley. The college is a fairly new build, with sports facilities available to the community. These include a 4G pitch which is used by some local teams and the sports hall used by the basketball team. The hall has a bank of seating along one side and drinks and food are available.

The game was close throughout, with neither side able to build up a lead of more than four or five points for most of the proceedings. Nottingham perhaps had a little more stamina and were able to pull clear in the closing stages to maintain their 100% record for the season. This is a lower level than I've watched basketball at previously, but it was still a decent contest, ignoring the odd random pass to the benches!

Mike S
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 11, 2017, 7:21 AM

Post #107 of 107 (1174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zebedee] Where are you going - where did you go? BASKETBALL [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Leeds Force 83 Chester 103
Admission. £14 attendance 200 plus
No prog

Long post deleted by poor internet connection
500 seat venue less than half full
First basketball for at least 10 years
Very difficult to find in darkness even once inside campus

I think 19th venue for sport
12 26 after ten suggested long evening for hosts who are struggling in league but 40 43 kept it competitive

(This post was edited by Mike S on Nov 11, 2017, 7:23 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3