"Dog Unfriendly" Grounds

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

royboy
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 20, 2016, 3:09 PM

Team(s): Borrowash

Post #51 of 90 (6139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Eh ?

Song by Noel Coward!

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 20, 2016, 3:53 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #52 of 90 (6113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A "must have" for every dog owner

https://mobile.twitter.com/...632768286721/video/1

Tractor Boy
Youth Team Regular

Dec 3, 2016, 9:08 PM

Post #53 of 90 (5686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FootyStats] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Canterbury City have no problem with dogs attending games at Homelands, which is just as well since goal-keeping coach Ada Gower often brings his to games.

Sadly he was banished from Cray Valley a couple of seasons ago as they wouldn't accept dogs at their Badgers ground...no idea whether Greenwich Borough who are now the landlords there have a different policy.

taylov
Youth Team Sub

Dec 4, 2016, 11:14 AM

Team(s): Eastleigh; ex Malden Town, Kingstonian; Luton T ; Aldershot; Kings Langley

Post #54 of 90 (5605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tractor Boy] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Eastleigh FC is officially dog unfriendly - no dogs (except helper dogs) but we hope that doesn't extend to "Mad Dog" Allen or "Monty" his ever present Lab. One of our groundstaff, Brian, has taken his lurcher to work every day for years (helps keep the rabbit problem under control).

Over recent years I've often seen dogs admitted (on a lead) on match days, despite the official ruling. My advice is phone the club and ask to speak to Kenny and obviously don't expect him to agree if its FA Cup day or if the club is running one of it free or bring a friend days when we get 4,000+.

hemelite
First Team Regular

Dec 5, 2016, 3:44 PM

Team(s): Hemel Hempstead Town, West Ham United, Los Angeles Angels & USC

Post #55 of 90 (5462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [taylov] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Went to Weston Super Mare Saturday, at least four or five dogs there on leads. Don't mind them myself.

taylov
Youth Team Sub

Dec 12, 2016, 9:04 AM

Team(s): Eastleigh; ex Malden Town, Kingstonian; Luton T ; Aldershot; Kings Langley

Post #56 of 90 (5247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hemelite] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Eastleigh update - "Mad dog" Allen brought "Monty" to the game against Halifax last week, so we assume that the no dogs rule has been dropped.

Herb Alpert
First Team Sub

Jan 28, 2017, 8:38 PM

Team(s): Leyton Orient, whoever is playing w*** h**

Post #57 of 90 (4916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [taylov] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Only assistance dogs allowed at Diss Town.

Eastbourne
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 4, 2017, 10:46 AM

Team(s): Chelsea,Eastbourne clubs

Post #58 of 90 (4555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Herb Alpert] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This week the Sussex County H Q boffins at Lancing have decreed that Culver Road, Lancing will now become Canine intolerant.
This applies not just to Lancing home games but all matches played there.

Dog Man
Junior Team Sub

Feb 4, 2018, 11:33 AM

Team(s): Bristol Rovers, Bury Town

Post #59 of 90 (3777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Eastbourne] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Came across a "hat-trick" of "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds on Saturday

1. AFC Hoxne - game off
2. Scole United - game off
3. Diss Town - REFUSED

My dog was allowed into Weston-super-Mare FC on Tuesday and Kidlington FC on Wednesday but sadly was refused entry to Diss Town FC on Saturday.

The dog has visited 141 grounds to date.

The only other refusal this season has been at Sawbridgeworth Town FC.

UKPunk

Feb 4, 2018, 3:43 PM

Post #60 of 90 (3664 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Unfortunately, they're let in at Taunton Town

Why unfortunately? Not that I'm bothered either way you understand. I haven't got a dog and wouldn't describe myself as an "animal lover" as such, but as long as dogs are well behaved and don't spend the whole game yapping I'm ambivalent towards them. I'm just interested to know why you don't want them at Taunton Town.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

derekn
First Team Star

Feb 4, 2018, 4:54 PM

Team(s): Taunton Town

Post #61 of 90 (3624 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They're just a menace wherever they are, not just at football. I just can't understand how it's socially acceptable to own one. Vile shit machines.

Cleeve
Youth Team Regular

Feb 4, 2018, 5:48 PM

Post #62 of 90 (3576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dog Man] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This one even has its own seat:

Yes, he's actually watching the game!

(This post was edited by Cleeve on Feb 4, 2018, 5:48 PM)

UKPunk

Feb 5, 2018, 1:27 PM

Post #63 of 90 (3337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
They're just a menace wherever they are, not just at football. I just can't understand how it's socially acceptable to own one. Vile shit machines.

I must admit to being bemused at the way some people are with their dogs. For a start, what's with the idea of dressing them in those doggy jackets? They don't need it because they're wearing a fur coat!

Then there's a woman in Clacton who pushes her dog around in a pram, WTF! Unsure

But worst of all is when you see a dog lick it's arse then go and lick a child's face. Eeeeuuurrrgghhhh!!! Crazy

We know a couple who we like a lot but visit rarely due to the fact that their big dog jumps all over us all the time we're there . I hate that and I spend half the evening washing my hands because I can't stand them licking me. We have other friends whose dogs come up to us when we arrive (dogs are social animals after all) but after we've patted its head and said hello it leaves us alone. That's fine.

But I'm with you in some respects and I really don't understand the British obsession with dogs. In fact, this may upset some but my philosophy is that animals in general have three purposes.

1. You need them to retain balance in the environment.
2. Some animals work for you.
3. The rest you eat.

Digdagdog
First Team Star

Feb 5, 2018, 3:30 PM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #64 of 90 (3279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There are always 4 or 5 dogs at Melksham each week and they're always worth some attention - I love to see dogs at grounds. I wouldn't take mine however as it could be a massacre...he's a 9st German Shepherd with a VERY bad attitude toward people he doesn't know...

2018-19 Games: 166 Goals: 611 GPG: 3.68 New Grounds: 96
2019-20 Games: 60 Goals: 242 GPG: 4.03 New Grounds: 36

(This post was edited by Digdagdog on Feb 5, 2018, 3:32 PM)

ictoan
First Team Regular

Feb 5, 2018, 7:10 PM

Team(s):

Post #65 of 90 (3165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Digdagdog] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I thought that one man and his dog were the only supporters some teams had. Wink

There 'Ant no place like Sussex, until you goes above, 'Cause Sussex will be Sussex and Sussex wunt be druv.

The North begins at Gatwick.

groundsman
Youth Team Sub

Feb 20, 2018, 1:35 PM

Post #66 of 90 (2551 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Probably best you avoid Bedlington Terriers v West Allotment on March 31st then.
Anyone taking a dog to the game gets in for half price!!

Isaac

Feb 20, 2018, 2:23 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #67 of 90 (2524 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Says a lot about you reallyCrazy

Isaac

Feb 20, 2018, 2:29 PM

Post #68 of 90 (2512 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tractor Boy] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Canterbury City have no problem with dogs attending games at Homelands, which is just as well since goal-keeping coach Ada Gower often brings his to games.

Sadly he was banished from Cray Valley a couple of seasons ago as they wouldn't accept dogs at their Badgers ground...no idea whether Greenwich Borough who are now the landlords there have a different policy.

The Homelands is the only ground I've ever taken a dog to, and it wasn't mine it was my daughters which I was looking after whilst she and her partner had a weekend away. I've never taken our dog to a game as he'd probably be bored to tears.

PartizanBristle
Youth Team Regular

Feb 20, 2018, 3:04 PM

Team(s): Bristol Rovers, Bristol Manor Farm, Clapton CFC

Post #69 of 90 (2488 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FootyStats] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm pretty surprised about Hallen if I'm honest. It's a pretty friendly club with low attendances and a lot of space.

They do have a pretty renowned training camp there so they might be worrying about that.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/...training-camp-154748

#95, 22/92

Club photographer for Bristol Manor Farm. Check out my shots here.

UKPunk

Feb 20, 2018, 7:21 PM

Post #70 of 90 (2388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

What else does it say about him then? As far as I can tell from what he's posted all it says is he doesn't like dogs. So what? Given the choice I'd rather not be around them either. But I except that other people do like them and as long as they're not bothering me I can live with that.

Nevertheless, I'd still be interested to know what else, in your opinion, that statement says about derekn.

genesimmons
Youth Team Star

Feb 20, 2018, 7:22 PM

Team(s): Gateshead

Post #71 of 90 (2387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PartizanBristle] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A few northern league clubs allow them. Follow Heaton Stan Harry on twitter he goes to a few

You wanted the best, you got the best

Isaac

Feb 21, 2018, 8:32 AM

Post #72 of 90 (2282 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

What else does it say about him then? As far as I can tell from what he's posted all it says is he doesn't like dogs. So what? Given the choice I'd rather not be around them either. But I except that other people do like them and as long as they're not bothering me I can live with that.

Nevertheless, I'd still be interested to know what else, in your opinion, that statement says about derekn.

Well by the same token I'm entitled to dislike people like him.

I seem to recall him previously condoning drink driving.

Make your own mind up who the real menace is.

Oh and another thought, aren't human beings also "vile shit machines" as he so eloquently puts it?

(This post was edited by Isaac on Feb 21, 2018, 10:13 AM)

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 21, 2018, 11:02 AM

Post #73 of 90 (2191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Oh and another thought, aren't human beings also "vile shit machines" as he so eloquently puts it?

Possibly in Kent and SE London, but elsewhere humans defecating in the middle of football pitches is not common.

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

Feb 21, 2018, 1:34 PM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Bognor Regis Town, Brentford

Post #74 of 90 (2088 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Given the choice I'd rather not be around them either.

I reckon you'd prefer "Dogs Of War".Wink

Isaac

Feb 21, 2018, 1:46 PM

Post #75 of 90 (2072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] "Dog Unfriendly" Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Possibly in Kent and SE London, but elsewhere humans defecating in the middle of football pitches is not common.

If a dog did that then blame the owner and not the dog, if it was a fox or whatever then not much that can be done about it.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3