Ian McCaskill (weatherman) RIP

Hollow Man
Junior Team Star

Dec 12, 2016, 8:49 PM

Team(s): Harlow T & Bridgwater T

Post #1 of 4 (1200 views)
Shortcut
Ian McCaskill (weatherman) RIP Can't Post or

A sad day as one of the old characters of the weather industry, Ian "hallo hallo" McCaskill has died of dementia.
I'll always remember Rory Bremner's parody of him on spitting image, a classic. RIP

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 12, 2016, 9:32 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #2 of 4 (1161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hollow Man] Ian McCaskill (weatherman) RIP [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As he started working for the BBC in 1978 and retired in 1998, he must have been presenting the forecast when many of us started watching it intently on Friday evenings in order to decide where to go the following day. I did not really start doing this until about 1984 and prior to this, if anyone had asked me what the British weather was like I would probably have said something along the lines of "it rains more in the north" (of course, saying "the west" would have been more accurate) as I did not really take much interest in it. I don't think I even bothered to check the forecast if I was going to a cricket match at Lords or the Oval in the early 1980's.

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 13, 2016, 10:41 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Ian McCaskill (weatherman) RIP [In reply to] Can't Post or

Was a weatherman in the good old days of ATV before he went to the Beeb. Worked with the likes of Chris Tarrant, Anne Diamond, Nick Owen and Gary Newbon.

BigJR
Reserve Team Star

Dec 13, 2016, 4:58 PM

Team(s): Chelsea, Corinthian Casuals

Post #4 of 4 (1001 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Ian McCaskill (weatherman) RIP [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Certainly a 'character' of TV, especially with his distintive owl-eye like glasses.

R.I.P.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3