Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Brexit negotiations

First page Previous page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next page Last page  View All

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Apr 1, 2017, 1:19 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #326 of 446 (4179 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Richard Rundle] Brexit negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Laugh
And Farage is now advising Trump on how to get things done!

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 1, 2017, 2:17 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #327 of 446 (4158 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
So far on this thread, your vision of a future Britain means increased insurance premiums on overseas travel, increased hotel prices on UK travel, an overall less profitable tourism sector and poorer quality more expensive domestic repairs and maintenance. Not looking like a great deal for most of us so far. Do you have anything that'll make us better off?

350 million per week for the NHS!!!!!!

Read it again, it was a suggestion not a promise. You're as bad as somebody else on hereCrazy!

Maybe it was a tad misleading, I mean it's not like the remoaners have said anything misleading is it?Mad

Isaac

Apr 1, 2017, 2:18 PM

Post #328 of 446 (4156 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [paulh66] Brexit negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Laugh

You really are obsessed about him aren't you?

Isaac

Apr 1, 2017, 2:23 PM

Post #329 of 446 (4153 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
You want to replace better quality, cheaper overseas services with lesser quality more expensive British services. Unless of course, broadly speaking, you believe the overseas plumbers etc don't actually beat white van man on quality.

As for your example, it's never happened and is unlikely to happen but, if it did, I'd currently have free reign to take my skills wherever they're valued. That capability will probably be severely curtailed in future.

So far on this thread, your vision of a future Britain means increased insurance premiums on overseas travel, increased hotel prices on UK travel, an overall less profitable tourism sector and poorer quality more expensive domestic repairs and maintenance. Not looking like a great deal for most of us so far. Do you have anything that'll make us better off?

I'm not even going to bother responding to this latest load of tosh but you haven't answered my question about accepting a pay cut!

paulh66

Apr 1, 2017, 2:44 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #330 of 446 (4140 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Isaac] Brexit negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Laugh

Eh? Not sure I've ever previously made a single post about Farage...Crazy
I answered your other question bang on. You meanwhile have yet to put forward a single example of how what you voted for will benefit Joe Public so excuse me if I stay sat on the fence.

jon b
First Team Star

Apr 1, 2017, 5:31 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #331 of 446 (4111 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

That's right, it was on the side of the Battla Bus so it can't possibly have been a porky pie. Crazy

MrTangerineMan
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 1, 2017, 5:44 PM

Post #332 of 446 (4103 views)
Shortcut

Which is how neoliberalism has ruined this country - it is always a race to the bottom.

Would I object to paying more, if it kept a family out of poverty - of course I would. We have been over-privileged with low prices for goods and services, but it has come at a cost for some.

Paul, whilst you want Isaac to list the reasons as to why the UK is going to be better off out of the EU maybe you can list facts as to why we would have been better off staying in? Solid independent facts (not just from The Guardian or other slanted media) please.

Richard Rundle

Apr 1, 2017, 5:50 PM

Post #333 of 446 (4098 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Read it again, it was a suggestion not a promise. You're as bad as somebody else on here

Maybe it was a tad misleading, I mean it's not like the remoaners have said anything misleading is it?

Calm down, it was only a joke.

And yes, both sides of the campaign in the referendum were guilty of talking absolute ballcocks, seemingly picking numbers out of thin air, and both sides seem to be still hell bent on scare stories and installing fear even now.

jon b
First Team Star

Apr 1, 2017, 6:14 PM

Post #334 of 446 (4092 views)
Shortcut

Yes, plenty of "alternative facts" from both sides.

On the other hand I was quite impressed with Michael Portillo's explanation on the "This Week" programme on Thursday night of what brought about the EU's loss of credibility this side of the channel and led to Brexit.

Indeed, I thought the whole discussion on the programme about Brexit was worth watching.

I've not felt that about very much of the debate about the UK and the EU.

Unimpressed

paulh66

Apr 1, 2017, 8:10 PM

Post #335 of 446 (4060 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [MrTangerineMan] Brexit negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Which is how neoliberalism has ruined this country - it is always a race to the bottom.

Would I object to paying more, if it kept a family out of poverty - of course I would. We have been over-privileged with low prices for goods and services, but it has come at a cost for some.

Paul, whilst you want Isaac to list the reasons as to why the UK is going to be better off out of the EU maybe you can list facts as to why we would have been better off staying in? Solid independent facts (not just from The Guardian or other slanted media) please.

Put your lazy cliches away, orange boy. I haven't advocated staying in. But I will challenge empty arguments on either side. Especially when one of their proponents gleefully posts about whingers and remoaners but doesn't seem capable of posting anything of substance to back up his position for us to debate.

MrTangerineMan
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 1, 2017, 8:54 PM

Post #336 of 446 (4044 views)
Shortcut

Orange Boy, so mature...

A good job I'm neither a Catholic nor a traitor then.

Neoliberalism is not a cliche either, so reign it in a bit - indeed many on both left and right agree that whilst the European Union has moved away from Christian and Social Democracy values towards Neoliberalism policies such as Maastricht, Amsterdam and Lisbon this has vehemently promoted a conformist attitude towards fiscal austerity and deregulating the labor market.

Such treaties are draconian and only a few elite people will benefit, whereas those at the bottom do not see any net benefits.

If the EU were really an 'everybody benefits' club, the idea of Brexit would never have come to pass.

MrTangerineMan
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 2, 2017, 12:21 AM

Post #337 of 446 (3989 views)
Shortcut

Anyway...

I rarely read The I, but the following story about Gibraltar caught my attention - certainly hits the nail on the head:

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/editor/eu-using-gibraltar-bargaining-chip-early-goal/

jon b
First Team Star

Apr 2, 2017, 8:54 AM

Post #338 of 446 (3950 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Anyway...

I rarely read The I, but the following story about Gibraltar caught my attention - certainly hits the nail on the head:

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/editor/eu-using-gibraltar-bargaining-chip-early-goal/

Oh dear, the other side are putting issues on the table that we don't like. What a surprise. The utter cads. Crazy

Mind you, I seem to remember someone this side of the Channel making hints about Security matters being at risk. Bit naughty that.

Divorce tends to be messy and bitter Unsure

007Dale
First Team Star

Apr 2, 2017, 9:09 AM

Post #339 of 446 (3939 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [jon b] Brexit negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

It's a dangerous game to play for the EU. We could, for example, recognise catalonia's independence or Turkey's occupation of Northern Cyprus.

I'm sure we wouldn't do those things, but as you say divorce is a messy business. If they want to muddy the waters over sovereignty, we are not the only European country with disputed areas.

And as I said before, there are a lot of Eastern European members grateful for our defence support at the moment.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Apr 2, 2017, 12:14 PM

Team(s):

Post #340 of 446 (3901 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [007Dale] Brexit negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
It's a dangerous game to play for the EU. We could, for example, recognise catalonia's independence or Turkey's occupation of Northern Cyprus.

I'm sure we wouldn't do those things, but as you say divorce is a messy business. If they want to muddy the waters over sovereignty, we are not the only European country with disputed areas.

And as I said before, there are a lot of Eastern European members grateful for our defence support at the moment.

I don't see how it's dangerous for the EU. Us doing either of those things would bring very little benefit and only serve to isolate us more. The latter could even lead to us losing our two military bases on Cyprus (which are in the Greek half).

Northern Cyprus is de facto an independent country rather than occupied by Turkey though.

I wonder whether this may lead to a change of attitude in Gibraltar similar to that in Malta in the 1950s when the locals realised that the British didn't really care too much about them.

007Dale
First Team Star

Apr 2, 2017, 1:07 PM

Post #341 of 446 (3882 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Fanatic] Brexit negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

As I said, it's doubtful we would do that, but sovereignty is a two way street. If, for example, Catalonia declare independence, we could 'recognise it', open up diplomatic ties and negotiate a free trade agreement with them. Thus making it cheaper for the millions of British tourists to go to Catalonia than the rest of Spain.

jon b
First Team Star

Apr 2, 2017, 2:47 PM

Post #342 of 446 (3851 views)
Shortcut

We don't need to go as far as Catalonia to find parts of a state wanting to break up a united kingdom. Levels of tourism isn't what motivates every politician.

It's fun when you open Pandora's Box isn't it? Unsure

If nations always acted rationally to each other then we'd never have any wars, like in that very peaceful europe of the first half of the 20th century. Oddly enough, isn't the fear of mad european wars what helped bring about the EU?

As for Eastern Europe the only support that matters there is that of the USA. If they act in defence of a threatened state, then so will we. If they don't, we won't. It's the difference between being a world power and once having been one.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Apr 2, 2017, 4:17 PM

Team(s):

Post #343 of 446 (3827 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
As I said, it's doubtful we would do that, but sovereignty is a two way street. If, for example, Catalonia declare independence, we could 'recognise it', open up diplomatic ties and negotiate a free trade agreement with them. Thus making it cheaper for the millions of British tourists to go to Catalonia than the rest of Spain.

I suspect an independent Catalonia would be far more interested in joining a certain other free trade block than getting a deal with us.

I don't think Spain has anything to be scared of with regards to what we could possibly do.

This whole farce is making us look worse by the day. I have to go on a trip to Germany next week and it's just embarrassing having to explain what a bunch of cretins our government are when the inevitable questions are asked.

jon b
First Team Star

Apr 2, 2017, 10:40 PM

Post #344 of 446 (3773 views)
Shortcut

Let's hope it's just a spot of posturing from the two sides before they settle down and try to find a deal that works for both UK and EU. Unimpressed

rambler77
First Team Star

Apr 3, 2017, 7:51 AM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #345 of 446 (3733 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [jon b] Brexit negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Let's hope it's just a spot of posturing from the two sides before they settle down and try to find a deal that works for both UK and EU. Unimpressed

I do think this is the case. Both sides need to calm down and get down to sorting things out. I also believe that, despite the posturing the EU will not bite their nose off to spite their face.

The press in this country also need to let things lie for a while and stop all the speculation. I'm bored of it already. I want to know when and what has been agreed.

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

Isaac

Apr 3, 2017, 9:52 AM

Post #346 of 446 (3713 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Laugh

Eh? Not sure I've ever previously made a single post about Farage...Crazy
I answered your other question bang on. You meanwhile have yet to put forward a single example of how what you voted for will benefit Joe Public so excuse me if I stay sat on the fence.

Can you really not bring yourself to refer to him as Mr Farage?

paulh66

Apr 3, 2017, 9:58 AM

Post #347 of 446 (3709 views)
Shortcut

Eh? Still barking up the wrong tree Isaac.
Or, given your profile, would you prefer we call you Mr Hunt?

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 3, 2017, 2:42 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #348 of 446 (3672 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Can't argue with that. I Wanted a tile floor replaced and my usual man basically couldn't be bothered. Polish builder did an excellent job,
Really high quality and cheaper.

Mind you, he has since moved in with the next door neighbour after she separated from her husband!

He spotted a gap in the market and responded quickly and efficiently. What's not to like. Tongue

dottirofhod

Apr 3, 2017, 2:51 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #349 of 446 (3662 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Part-Timer] Brexit negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

There's gaps in the market a few doors from me.
Polish if you want.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Isaac

Apr 3, 2017, 7:12 PM

Post #350 of 446 (3618 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Fanatic] Brexit negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I suspect an independent Catalonia would be far more interested in joining a certain other free trade block than getting a deal with us.

I don't think Spain has anything to be scared of with regards to what we could possibly do.

This whole farce is making us look worse by the day. I have to go on a trip to Germany next week and it's just embarrassing having to explain what a bunch of cretins our government are when the inevitable questions are asked.

What Spain would be scared of is Brits boycotting their country in large numbersShocked!

First page Previous page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3