Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: Premier League & Football League:
Wenger

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next page Last page  View All

Ronsdog
First Team Star

Apr 10, 2017, 11:21 PM

Team(s): Lowestoft Town, Crystal Palace

Post #1 of 285 (20076 views)
Shortcut
Wenger Can't Post or Reply Privately

Whilst having no wish to intrude on Arsenals grief is it time for Mr Wenger to step aside ?

ps...they were certainly outplayed again this eveningWink

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Apr 10, 2017, 11:32 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 285 (20070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ronsdog] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Loads about this on the Leicester City thread so many thanks for kicking this one off sir. (unless he turns up at the KPSSly)

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 10, 2017, 11:37 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #3 of 285 (20063 views)
Shortcut

Yes.

PS....Yes they were.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Apr 10, 2017, 11:37 PM)

paulh66

Apr 11, 2017, 12:22 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #4 of 285 (20008 views)
Shortcut

Suppose the key question is whether he can recruit top quality players with steel and determination in the summer. It's been a long time since he last showed an eye for that, and it'll be doubly difficult if they're not in Champions League.

Still, it's desperately sad to see a man who not only built the club up but also revolutionised the game in this country being treated with such disdain by a section of so-called fans.

007Dale
First Team Star

Apr 11, 2017, 5:43 AM

Post #5 of 285 (19976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Suppose the key question is whether he can recruit top quality players with steel and determination in the summer. It's been a long time since he last showed an eye for that, and it'll be doubly difficult if they're not in Champions League.

Still, it's desperately sad to see a man who not only built the club up but also revolutionised the game in this country being treated with such disdain by a section of so-called fans.

Are the fans (who pay the highest price of any in the country to watch their team) not entitled to have their say? I think so.

As a Leicester fan, I believed it was time for Sir Claudio to go, but it doesn't mean I don't respect and appreciate the amazing things he did for us.

Several things would worry me if I was an Arsenal fan:
1. Why the indecision over a new deal for Wenger? And how can he say it's not impacting the players? The cynical could argue they're waiting for the season tickets to be renewed.
2. The recent signings have been poor. Wenger seems reluctant to spend money, is it because he doesn't trust himself anymore?
3. Player performances are shocking. It's often a sign they don't want to play for the manager (just like Leicester)
4. No one at the club seems to be Wenger's boss. Who will make the right decision if Wenger won't? And how can they be trusted to replace him when he does leave?
5. Why in gods name have they offered Ozil a new deal for £200k a week? He's s**t.

Isaac

Apr 11, 2017, 6:40 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #6 of 285 (19968 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Why are they 'so called fans'? Are they not entitled to their opinion? I'm not sure Wenger has exactly revolutionised the game in this country either? Yes he was successful in his early days at Arsenal but the club have seriously under achieved for over a decade, how much longer should he get? The club seems to be run purely as a business with no ambition beyond CL qualification and they don't look like even achieving that this season, Wenger has been in a comfort zone for far too long and so have certain players. And why all this will he/won't he nonsense? If Wenger cannot make the decision himself then the club need to make it for him, he's like the boxer that's gone on far too long and needs to be protected from himself.

(This post was edited by Isaac on Apr 11, 2017, 6:46 AM)

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 11, 2017, 6:46 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #7 of 285 (19963 views)
Shortcut

I'd have thought a lot is riding on whether they qualify for the Champions League. If not, then he may be eased out.

His bosses won't want to boot him out, but if he won't let go and won't take a sinecure then……

PhilN
Youth Team Sub

Apr 11, 2017, 9:03 AM

Team(s): Birmingham City / Boldmere St. Michaels

Post #8 of 285 (19927 views)
Shortcut

If Arsenal fans want rid of Wenger I'd gladly swap him for Zola!

Isaac

Apr 11, 2017, 9:19 AM

Post #9 of 285 (19920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PhilN] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Shades of Ranieri, a loveable Italian but sadly not up to the job!

paulh66

Apr 11, 2017, 10:17 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #10 of 285 (19881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Are the fans (who pay the highest price of any in the country to watch their team) not entitled to have their say? I think so.

As a Leicester fan, I believed it was time for Sir Claudio to go, but it doesn't mean I don't respect and appreciate the amazing things he did for us.

Yes, but (hopefully!) you weren't spouting bile in the bloke's direction and campaigning for his dismissal. It's one thing to believe someone's time is up, quite another how you display it. A small minority of these so-called fans clearly don't respect the guy or his achievements.

paulh66

Apr 11, 2017, 10:20 AM

Post #11 of 285 (19879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Quite possibly the most crass comparison of managerial ability ever!

Isaac

Apr 11, 2017, 11:20 AM

Post #12 of 285 (19853 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Quite possibly the most crass comparison of managerial ability ever!

But I didn't mention the managerial abilities of either did I? Just the fact that both are loveable Italians who most neutrals would want to see doing well.

Have you grasped that now or shall I run through it again?

Oh and I nominate your posting for the most hypocritical, ever!

For you to accuse somebody of being crass............Mad

(This post was edited by Isaac on Apr 11, 2017, 11:22 AM)

paulh66

Apr 11, 2017, 11:31 AM

Post #13 of 285 (19842 views)
Shortcut

"Not up to the job" you said. But that comment wasn't about managerial ability, as you now say... Crazy. Methinks you're on another wind up Mr Hunt, so carry on without me.

Back on topic, if Wenger does leave, might be something of a poison chalice for the new boss, replacing such a dominant figure within the club and probably not having the cache of Champions League to lure new signings. Can easily see a situation like United when Ferguson went - a couple of poor years while a big rebuild/transition takes place before being ready to start challenging again. A challenge indeed for whoever might be tempted to take that on.

Isaac

Apr 11, 2017, 12:04 PM

Post #14 of 285 (19820 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
"Not up to the job" you said. But that comment wasn't about managerial ability, as you now say... Crazy. Methinks you're on another wind up Mr Hunt, so carry on without me.

Back on topic, if Wenger does leave, might be something of a poison chalice for the new boss, replacing such a dominant figure within the club and probably not having the cache of Champions League to lure new signings. Can easily see a situation like United when Ferguson went - a couple of poor years while a big rebuild/transition takes place before being ready to start challenging again. A challenge indeed for whoever might be tempted to take that on.

That 'joke' is getting a tad boring now if indeed it was ever funny in the first placeCrazy!

Anyway back on topic, Wenger has to go at some point just like Fergie. I suspect there will be no shortage of takers for the Arsenal job if the club show some ambition.

sandhurstbee

Apr 11, 2017, 1:22 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #15 of 285 (19773 views)
Shortcut

Tony Adams just taken over at Granada. Is this timing significant for the Arsenal job? Shocked

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Apr 11, 2017, 3:31 PM

Team(s): Hants/Middx/Sussex Non-League, Brentford, THFC, Eastleigh, SC Freiburg

Post #16 of 285 (19729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hope so ;-) Ar*se fans, be careful what you wish for!

Even as a Tottenham fan, I have a lot of admiration for Wenger, so I'm sad it's come to this for him.

IMO he should have become our manager when he came over here, rather than him going to our arch-rivals.
His style of play and philosophy would have suited us much better.
As it is we've let them get ahead of us, in most senses of the word, in the last 20 years.

At the moment I'm wondering how we're going to c*ck it up this year from this position, and finish below them. Three wins and a draw from the remaining seven games, even if they win all theirs. I expect we will though.

They could still manage to get into the CL.

When you make Walcott your captain, and have players like Ozil starting against a physical team like Crystal Palace, I think you are asking for trouble, though. Andros Townsend must have enjoyed himself last night, with his Tottenham connections :-)

If you're going to/been to a Hampshire Premier League match, I'd really appreciate you filling in a questionnaire - available in the Groundhopping/General section, or just PM me for a copy. Thanks.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Apr 11, 2017, 3:32 PM)

garethwrexy

Apr 11, 2017, 7:23 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #17 of 285 (19674 views)
Shortcut

Wenger a great boss but his time is up

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

Richard Rundle

Apr 11, 2017, 8:44 PM

Post #18 of 285 (19648 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Does anyone think the next Arsenal manager would do any better than this team has, even in the last few seasons?

They're about the fourth or fifth biggest club in England, with the fourth or fifth biggest budget, and they're continually finishing in that sort of position or better.

007Dale
First Team Star

Apr 11, 2017, 8:46 PM

Post #19 of 285 (19644 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ah, But the team with the fifteenth biggest budget won the league last season.

garethwrexy

Apr 11, 2017, 9:40 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #20 of 285 (19613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Arsenal will get big name to fill the hot seat once wenger goes

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

kirby knitters

Apr 12, 2017, 9:43 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #21 of 285 (19550 views)
Shortcut

Will they go for a big name though? Wenger was unheard of by most when he took control and did a damn fine job for the first few years.

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 12, 2017, 11:59 AM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #22 of 285 (19524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Will they go for a big name though? Wenger was unheard of by most when he took control and did a damn fine job for the first few years.

I feel, unfortunately, Arsenal will have to go for a "big name" to replace Le God. The days of top Premier League clubs gambling on virtual unknowns are long gone.

I just hope we don't experience a "Moyes bounce" as Manyoo did when SAF left.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

jrev61

Apr 12, 2017, 1:28 PM

Team(s): None

Post #23 of 285 (19504 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I feel, unfortunately, Arsenal will have to go for a "big name" to replace Le God. The days of top Premier League clubs gambling on virtual unknowns are long gone.

Luis Enrique?

jrev61

windydcfc

Apr 12, 2017, 1:34 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #24 of 285 (19499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Luis Enrique?

Diego Simeone

Non League Projection - 2020/21: https://docs.google.com/...UTgVhKYTo/edit#gid=0
Step 1: https://www.google.com/....119447550000018&z=7
Step 2: https://www.google.com/...677250654298405&z=15
Step 3: https://www.google.com/...358611350589399&z=16
Step 4: https://www.google.com/...536616305542566&z=16
Step 5: https://www.google.com/...399355140531952&z=16
Step 6: https://www.google.com/...1556307438963813&z=9

dottirofhod

Apr 12, 2017, 2:24 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #25 of 285 (19475 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Arsenal will get big name to fill the hot seat once wenger goes.
=========================================================
Paulo Henrique Souza de Oliveira ?

=========================================================

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3