HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

007Dale
First Team Star

May 4, 2017, 11:34 AM

Post #1 of 40 (3787 views)
Shortcut
HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well deserving of his retirement later this year at the age of 96.

Apparently, last year he was still the fifth hardest working Royal.

derekn
First Team Star

May 4, 2017, 12:29 PM

Team(s): Taunton Town

Post #2 of 40 (3761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

How many of the wasters are there? Time for republicans everywhere to stand up against this nonsense.

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

May 4, 2017, 12:35 PM

Post #3 of 40 (3760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or

Bearing in mind that Victoria and Albert were first cousins is it a surprise that most of that crew are a bunch of chinless, inbred, freeloading window lickers who spend inordinate amounts of their time and our money killing wild animals for pleasure?

Discuss.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 4, 2017, 12:45 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #4 of 40 (3745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Bearing in mind that Victoria and Albert were first cousins is it a surprise that most of that crew are a bunch of chinless, inbred, freeloading window lickers who spend inordinate amounts of their time and our money killing wild animals for pleasure?

Very well said, you two.

At a time when important public services for those who don't live in the top ten per-cent are being cut to the bone, the continuing of keeping these lazy spongers in the lap of luxury they've become accustomed to needs to end.

Unfortunately, I think the 20th anniversary of the death of the 'People's Princess' might be seen as a good excuse by the media for a royal love-in come August... Unsure

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

May 4, 2017, 1:48 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #5 of 40 (3703 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Very well said, you two.

At a time when important public services for those who don't live in the top ten per-cent are being cut to the bone, the continuing of keeping these lazy spongers in the lap of luxury they've become accustomed to needs to end.

Unfortunately, I think the 20th anniversary of the death of the 'People's Princess' might be seen as a good excuse by the media for a royal love-in come August... Unsure

I have to say that I pretty much agree with the above!

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 4, 2017, 1:56 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #6 of 40 (3698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Damian Green MP. Minister of State for Employment is looking into the retirement of the Duke of Edinburgh at 96 and is considering raising the retirement age for everyone else to 96.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

acmold

May 4, 2017, 2:13 PM

Post #7 of 40 (3685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or

I've got nothing really against the Queen and the DofE it's the rest of them. Have a Head of state as that creates aa tourist industry but most the others are hangers on. Buck house is somewhere to go before the tourists pop off to Bicester Outlet village. If we are to keep the it going lets hope the Queen out lives her son and we have King Billy at least he's brought some new blood into the breed. Princess Anne has the best idea no titles for her lot unlike the offspring of the rest.

There are many other organisations that I would also cull if the monarchy was to go.

windydcfc

May 4, 2017, 2:31 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #8 of 40 (3673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Discuss.
Maybe Brexit will sort it all out. With the Prince Philip being half Danish/half German & the Queen's royal bloodline being German, Austrian & Danish with her old dear being a Jock. I'm sure we could have another referendum and decide where to send them. It could be run by Simon Cowell, Ant & DecSly

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 4, 2017, 2:39 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #9 of 40 (3665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Well deserving of his retirement later this year at the age of 96.

Fully agree with your sentiments but Buck House made a right pigs ear of this announcement. Why not go straight to the press rather than have people concerned that something serious was amiss?

007Dale
First Team Star

May 4, 2017, 2:39 PM

Post #10 of 40 (3665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

How many of the wasters are there? Time for republicans everywhere to stand up against this nonsense.

Lots of hangers on, but those not in the direct line (stand up Edward) are paid for by the Queen, not the royal grant. I'm sure if you did a business case, they'd work out profit making when considering tourism, plus a much more important role now in helping secure trade deals.

I doubt you'd get a majority in a referendum to support a republic, even the Australians / Canadians / kiwis are happy with the English Queen as their head of state.

Personally, I'd keep the monarchy, but ditch the House of Lords.

windydcfc

May 4, 2017, 3:19 PM

Post #11 of 40 (3640 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Lots of hangers on, but those not in the direct line (stand up Edward) are paid for by the Queen, not the royal grant. I'm sure if you did a business case, they'd work out profit making when considering tourism, plus a much more important role now in helping secure trade deals.

I doubt you'd get a majority in a referendum to support a republic, even the Australians / Canadians / kiwis are happy with the English Queen as their head of state.

She isn't the English queen she's the British Monarch & you'd be hard pressed to find a single drop of English blood running through her veins.

(This post was edited by windydcfc on May 4, 2017, 3:19 PM)

acmold

May 4, 2017, 4:09 PM

Post #12 of 40 (3612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or

My blood is O RH positive no where on my Donor card does it say anything about it being English, British or European.

steveking
Reserve Team Star

May 4, 2017, 5:44 PM

Team(s): Ware, Everton, Kingstonian, Leicester, Portsmouth

Post #13 of 40 (3580 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
.......even the Australians / Canadians / kiwis are happy with the English Queen as their head of state.

Possibly the Canadians would keep the monarchy as it differentiates them from their southern neighbours but I suspect once the queen dies the move to turn Australia (and possibly New Zealand) into republics will gain momentum.

scottywalds
First Team Star

May 4, 2017, 7:50 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #14 of 40 (3533 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

She isn't the English queen she's the British Monarch & you'd be hard pressed to find a single drop of English blood running through her veins.

She was born in London, and had 2 English-born parents.

windydcfc

May 4, 2017, 8:55 PM

Post #15 of 40 (3506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I was born in Germany & I'm definitely not a German. Where you're born doesn't distinguish your ethnicity or nationality. The Royal family might have ditched there German surname & German Royal titles half way through WW1(not because they wanted too, but because the government forced them too). But it still doesn't stop them being German(with a bit of Danish & Austrian thrown in). I don't agree with the Royal family & think we should ditch them in the 21st Century, others may disagree and love them.

(This post was edited by windydcfc on May 4, 2017, 8:58 PM)

paulh66

May 4, 2017, 9:05 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #16 of 40 (3498 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm not fussed either way about the Royals but I can't see what their ethnicity has to do with it. Or what anyone's ethnicity has to do with anything, for that matter. The Queen's right to the throne isn't in any dispute so so what if she has European heritage?

windydcfc

May 4, 2017, 9:14 PM

Post #17 of 40 (3490 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm not fussed either way about the Royals but I can't see what their ethnicity has to do with it. Or what anyone's ethnicity has to do with anything, for that matter. The Queen's right to the throne isn't in any dispute so so what if she has European heritage?

Haven't the Stewart's still got a claimant to the throne? Plus didn't Tony Robinson find some guy in Australia that should be the legitimate King through the Plantagenet line(because the queens line is almost certainly through an illegitimate birth).

acmold

May 4, 2017, 9:23 PM

Post #18 of 40 (3475 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or

How many people can claim they are "English" or "British" going back through 3,4 or 5 generations. The Queen had a German Grandmother and a German Great Great Grandfather. Most of the Royal families of Europe have inter married over the years so all have numerous ancestors from other countries. They may have changed their name during the 1st World War but in theory when she married Prince Phillip that really became irrelevant as she could have come Mrs Mountbatten. If she is German what is Bonkers Boris that well known American passport holder. I'm part Scottish my Grandfather was born Aberdeen, I was born in Headington and my Grandfather was born in Abingdon Gaol, also all totally irrelevant unless Scotland leave the UK.

paulh66

May 4, 2017, 9:25 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #19 of 40 (3473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
How many people can claim they are "English" or "British" going back through 3,4 or 5 generations.

Indeed. And nor should it matter.

Ropemaker

May 4, 2017, 9:28 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #20 of 40 (3469 views)
Shortcut

I was born in Germany & I'm definitely not a German. Where you're born doesn't distinguish your ethnicity or nationality. The Royal family might have ditched there German surname & German Royal titles half way through WW1(not because they wanted too, but because the government forced them too). But it still doesn't stop them being German(with a bit of Danish & Austrian thrown in). I don't agree with the Royal family & think we should ditch them in the 21st Century, others may disagree and love them.

Why does all this remind me of Oz thinking he had become half German after a blood transfusion in a German hospital (first series of Auf Wiedersehen Pet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_-jmzRN6N4

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

windydcfc

May 4, 2017, 9:44 PM

Post #21 of 40 (3461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
How many people can claim they are "English" or "British" going back through 3,4 or 5 generations. The Queen had a German Grandmother and a German Great Great Grandfather. Most of the Royal families of Europe have inter married over the years so all have numerous ancestors from other countries. They may have changed their name during the 1st World War but in theory when she married Prince Phillip that really became irrelevant as she could have come Mrs Mountbatten. If she is German what is Bonkers Boris that well known American passport holder. I'm part Scottish my Grandfather was born Aberdeen, I was born in Headington and my Grandfather was born in Abingdon Gaol, also all totally irrelevant unless Scotland leave the UK.

Queen Victoria was German & married her German cousin Albert. Her son Edward VII married Alexandra who was from a Dano-German family. There son George V married Mary who was from an Austro-German family. Obviously you get to George VI who married Elizabeth who was Scottish. As for Mountbatten, that's another Anglicised German name 'Battenberg' that was changed during WW1.

(This post was edited by windydcfc on May 4, 2017, 9:45 PM)

jon b
First Team Star

May 4, 2017, 10:50 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #22 of 40 (3418 views)
Shortcut

Maybe trying to decide who's pure blood and who's not in the 21st century isn't a great idea.

In any case, as I understand it, the Anglo-Saxons were themselves immigrants from Germany and Scandinavia.

As for the current Royal Family, an awful lot depends on the individual wearing the crown. I have a lot of respect for QE2 and consort, and pretty much zilch for her eldest son.

windydcfc

May 4, 2017, 11:25 PM

Post #23 of 40 (3397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Maybe trying to decide who's pure blood and who's not in the 21st century isn't a great idea.

In any case, as I understand it, the Anglo-Saxons were themselves immigrants from Germany and Scandinavia.

As for the current Royal Family, an awful lot depends on the individual wearing the crown. I have a lot of respect for QE2 and consort, and pretty much zilch for her eldest son.

I'm not a racist, but find it odd that these flag hugging English portray the Royal Family as the epitome of Englishness. I disagree with this with every bone in my body. I hate the class system & everything it stands for. The whole archaic system is rotten & needs totally dismantling. Going back to there nationality, they are definitely German & should stop using there made up surname.

paulh66

May 4, 2017, 11:33 PM

Post #24 of 40 (3391 views)
Shortcut

I'm not a racist, but....

Going back to there nationality, they are definitely German & should stop using there made up surname.

Hmmm.

On the plus side, at least we'd all agree their English is excellent!

windydcfc

May 4, 2017, 11:41 PM

Post #25 of 40 (3379 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm not a racist, but....

Going back to there nationality, they are definitely German & should stop using there made up surname.

Hmmm.

On the plus side, at least we'd all agree their English is excellent!

I'm sure both you & I speak nothing like the upper classes. Princess Di never looked down on anyone, you couldn't say that about this tosser(Prince Philip)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3