Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Various West Yorkshire Leagues...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Next page Last page  View All

kimbo_king
Youth Team Star

May 4, 2017, 6:18 PM

Team(s): SWFC

Post #126 of 374 (8971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nico] Various West Yorkshire Leagues... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bad news for the West Riding League which seems to be losing out to the West Yorkshire regularly now.

Did Newsome say why?

Merger?

Robert Kilcoyne
Junior Team Star

May 4, 2017, 8:35 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa FC

Post #127 of 374 (8935 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorkstar] Selby League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Could the remaining clubs in the Selby and District League join the York League?

kimbo_king
Youth Team Star

May 4, 2017, 8:57 PM

Post #128 of 374 (8920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Robert Kilcoyne] Selby League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Most Likely Leagues:

My best guess below, the central Selby teams are hard.........

CRICKETERS AFC - South East Leeds based so Yorkshire Amateur & potentially Wakefield league

BIRD IN HAND - Based in Garforth; east Leeds. Yorkshire Amateur & potentially Wakefield league

WHITE SWAN * ^ - Wakefield League

PONTEFRACT TOWN - Wakefield League

THORPE UNITED ^ - Anyone of the Yorkshire Amateur, Wakefield or York League

MALT SHOVEL - Anyone of the Yorkshire Amateur, Wakefield or York League

MONK FRYSTON * - Wakefield league or the Yorkshire Amateur

Lincs22
Junior Team Regular

May 5, 2017, 6:37 AM

Post #129 of 374 (8809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kimbo_king] Selby League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Both Thorpe and Malt Shovel have teams (and Reserves) in the York League, so they would not be able to join!

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 11, 2017, 12:04 AM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #130 of 374 (8425 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kimbo_king] Various West Yorkshire Leagues... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

WYL outfit AFC Horsforth have decided to call it a day and disband...

https://twitter.com/...s/862348687326019584

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

Thornes FC
Junior Team Star

May 13, 2017, 2:23 PM

Post #131 of 374 (8121 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kimbo_king] Various West Yorkshire Leagues... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So, with Horsforth folding that leaves plenty of space in div 2 for Newsome and any other potential applicants. Anyone know any? What is the situation in the prem with regards relegation from the prem and promotion from div 1? As the prem is running at a full complement of teams but Nostell MW will need to be accommodated? With Shelley withdrawing their step 6 application who will suffer and or benefit from the addition of Nostell? Nostells reserve team currently in div 2 I assume will move to alliance. With such a deficit in div 2 could we see additional teams moved down the league to accommodate sides at the top and balance the numbers out?

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 17, 2017, 6:05 PM

Post #132 of 374 (7835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Thornes FC] Various West Yorkshire Leagues... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Kirk Deighton Rangers {1st. & Res.} in WYL next season...

https://twitter.com/...s/864884412403638272

robgrillo
First Team Star

May 19, 2017, 6:25 PM

Post #133 of 374 (7584 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nico] Various West Yorkshire Leagues... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tyersal (2 teams, from the WRCAL), Prospect (from the Bradford SUnday Alliance) & Athletico (Spen Valley League) are among the new clubs in the Yorkshire Amateur League for next season. Unsuccessful applicants were both Spen Valley and Wakefield League champions, Palestino & Real Moor (the latter wanting to put two teams in)

LATE TO THE GAME - The origins of soccer in Bradford. Available from www.bantamspast.net

kimbo_king
Youth Team Star

May 19, 2017, 7:15 PM

Post #134 of 374 (7553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] Various West Yorkshire Leagues... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Tyersal (2 teams, from the WRCAL), Prospect (from the Bradford SUnday Alliance) & Athletico (Spen Valley League) are among the new clubs in the Yorkshire Amateur League for next season. Unsuccessful applicants were both Spen Valley and Wakefield League champions, Palestino & Real Moor (the latter wanting to put two teams in)

Interesting, any idea why Palesino & Real Moor didn't get in?

Real Moor are a real threat; their team is superb. If they can keep their discipline and build a 'club' there they will be very successful.

Any news on the Selby clubs?

robgrillo
First Team Star

May 19, 2017, 10:08 PM

Post #135 of 374 (7466 views)
Shortcut

'Discipline' was the reason why Beechwood Gate didn't get in, so could be why Real Moor didn't get in if there's a similar issue.

LATE TO THE GAME - The origins of soccer in Bradford. Available from www.bantamspast.net

Thornes FC
Junior Team Star

May 20, 2017, 8:40 AM

Post #136 of 374 (7381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] Various West Yorkshire Leagues... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Huddersfield YMCA had both sides accepted to West Yorkshire league according to their website. This along with the signing of Daz Hepworth as manager

kimbo_king
Youth Team Star

May 20, 2017, 9:06 AM

Post #137 of 374 (7369 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Thornes FC] Various West Yorkshire Leagues... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Another hit for the West Riding.

I know Daz well and thought he'd end up at Shelley or another local team after leaving Emley.

YM have a great setup so could go far.

Any chance of Thorned reforming? Are You still in ivolved with football?

Thornes FC
Junior Team Star

May 20, 2017, 9:20 AM

Post #138 of 374 (7357 views)
Shortcut

Im involved with Ossett Town now, I work with the u19s and reserves under John Francis and I manage the u18s myself. Would like to get into 'senior football' again at some point but enjoying learning at the moment. The problem at Thornes was we progressed too quickly, with a committee solely focussed on junior football we hit a brick wall with regards to development which rubbed off on the players. Many of which moved on after our ambitions were unable match their own and left us unable to compete

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

May 20, 2017, 9:47 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #139 of 374 (7338 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I know Daz well and thought he'd end up at Shelley or another local team after leaving Emley.

Is the West Riding County Amateur League is danger of losing its Step 7 status this summer?

Its currently only got 12 members left in the Premier Division and with Hudds YMCA departing they'd need to promote 3 from Div One just to get back up to 14 (the min to retain Step 7 status).

Does West Yorkshire really need (or deserve) two Step 7 leagues when most other counties have one.

It does seem to be the poor relation out of the two at the moment - could it be demoted?

I think its best option is to go to two divisions of 16 next season!

windydcfc

May 20, 2017, 11:51 AM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #140 of 374 (7269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Various West Yorkshire Leagues... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Is the West Riding County Amateur League is danger of losing its Step 7 status this summer?

Its currently only got 12 members left in the Premier Division and with Hudds YMCA departing they'd need to promote 3 from Div One just to get back up to 14 (the min to retain Step 7 status).

Does West Yorkshire really need (or deserve) two Step 7 leagues when most other counties have one.

It does seem to be the poor relation out of the two at the moment - could it be demoted?

I have to agree with you there & the few eastern most clubs in the WYL could be moved to the York League.

Yorkstar
Youth Team Sub

May 22, 2017, 12:43 PM

Post #141 of 374 (7052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Various West Yorkshire Leagues... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I have to agree with you there & the few eastern most clubs in the WYL could be moved to the York League.

I think the FA have a plan to give all Step 7 leagues a geographical area, so overlapping leagues will not be available - since WYAFL seems to be the stronger league at present, then West Riding could from their plan.

On the York league, unless the teams transfer under Step 7 rules, the league requires new teams enter at the lowest division (Division 4). This has scared of clubs in the past - since they don't allow advanced entry.

Of the eastly teams - only Sherburn White Horse is a Step 7 team and east of the A1 - so would the easiest team to re-locate (The York League already has Church Fenton which only a few miles away).

robgrillo
First Team Star

May 24, 2017, 3:39 PM

Post #142 of 374 (6788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorkstar] Various West Yorkshire Leagues... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've since heard that the WYL & WRCAL are to merge at the end of the 2017-18 season although I've yet to hear it from many people. I'd heard there are plans for an 18 team Premier Division too. We'll see...

noprogs
First Team Star

May 25, 2017, 7:54 PM

Team(s):

Post #143 of 374 (6473 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I've since heard that the WYL & WRCAL are to merge at the end of the 2017-18 season although I've yet to hear it from many people. I'd heard there are plans for an 18 team Premier Division too. We'll see...

Is that before or after Leeds gets a tram service, or Odsal Stadium is completed?

kimbo_king
Youth Team Star

May 26, 2017, 2:44 PM

Post #144 of 374 (6273 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Interesting. It would make a lot of sense to be honest.

I heard the Spen Valley has folded this week.

Would imagine the Bradford teams would join the YAML / Craven and the Dewsbury probably the Wakey or Hudds leagues (With some applying for the YAML also)

kimbo_king
Youth Team Star

May 27, 2017, 2:36 PM

Post #145 of 374 (6103 views)
Shortcut

Do we know where Nostell are going?

Presume the West Yorkshire League?

They are also a member of the Sheffield FA so could join the S&HCS...

windydcfc

May 27, 2017, 3:56 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #146 of 374 (6055 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Do we know where Nostell are going?

Presume the West Yorkshire League?

They are also a member of the Sheffield FA so could join the S&HCS...

They've been allocated to the WYL

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 8, 2017, 5:16 PM

Post #147 of 374 (5500 views)
Shortcut

Anybody know what's happening with WRCAL Division One?

http://full-time.thefa.com/...73&league=381234

Are Wakefield City the champions, or what??

dottirofhod

Jun 8, 2017, 5:22 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #148 of 374 (5494 views)
Shortcut

Tallies with table on this site.

So when are Route One Rovers last 2 games taking place ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 69 / 59 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 19 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

robgrillo
First Team Star

Jun 8, 2017, 5:26 PM

Post #149 of 374 (5485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Various West Yorkshire Leagues... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The two outstanding games were abandoned...including the 'winner-takes-all' decider with Thornton United just a few weeks back (who have also had 2 abandoned games this season, one awarded against them earlier in the season). Evidently Route One took the lead in injury time and the Route One fans invaded the pitch for a second time in the game prompting the ref to abandon it. County FA may well be deciding on the outcome or it may just be going down as a 'void' game.

dottirofhod

Jun 8, 2017, 5:34 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #150 of 374 (5477 views)
Shortcut

Ta Rob, surely not winner takes all , if Route One had won they would still have been a point behind Wakefield.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 69 / 59 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 19 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3