prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 2, 2018, 8:34 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #1 of 17 (4009 views)
Shortcut
Tuesday 2nd January 2018 Can't Post or Reply Privately

SPFL League One
Albion Rovers v Airdrieonians, 2-2, H.T. 0-0, Att 1032, Admission £14, Programme £2, Pie and Bovril £3
At Cliftonhill Stadium, Coatbridge

This time last year I ticked off the Montrose/Arbroath derby from my “to do” list. Today I took the opportunity to see the El Buckfastico, the clash of North Lanarkshire neighbours Albion Rovers and Airdrie. The towns may be adjuncts to each other but the divide between them is a deep schism reflecting the fractured structure of West of Scotland society.

For many years I would have had few opportunities to see this clash. Airdrie were inevitably in a higher division. They met in the League Cup and the League in 1973/4 and again in the Scottish Cup in the mid 1980s. That game ended in a riot. It’s only in the last five years or so that they have become regular rivals as Airdrie have slumped and Rovers have been able to maintain a third-tier place.

Back in the 1970s and 80s I, and most others, moaned about Cliftonhill. Shitehole and Death Trap were some of the kinder things said about a ground that was quite often closed due to health and safety issues. Outwardly It hasn’t changed much since those days. However, such has been the sanitisation of other football grounds that words like Iconic and Characterful are now applied to the Albion Rovers ground, despite the poor viewing conditions.

More than half of the ground is out of bounds. Sitting in the stand is all but impossible unless you are about 5 feet tall. Un obstructed views of the pitch are impossible unless you go behind the goal on the new terrace at the Airdrie end.

That was well filled with visiting fans today as over 1000 spectators gathered for the New Year games. January 2nd is a Public Holiday throughout Scotland for obvious reasons. The away team has tended to have the better of things in this Derby in recent times – the Waysiders are unbeaten at Cliftonhill since 2011 but Rovers have a similarly good record at the Excelsior.

Prior to kick off Rovers defender Allan Reid was presented with a bottle of whisky to mark his 400th game for the club. He and his fellow defenders from both sides were on top in the first half as the two teams probed and jousted without making many clearcut chances.

The game opened up in the second period with Rovers taking the lead through the prolific Alan trouten just before the hour mark. Airdrie were level in the 70th minute through Furtado and ahead a couple of minutes later courtesy of Cairns – both goals sparking pitch invasions and pyro from the Airdrieonians behind the goal. Justice was done with an equaliser in injury time through McLaughlin.

Segregation was fully enforced today so home fans didn’t have access to the usual pie stall – instead they were served from the lounge under the grandstand. The pies were very decent.

The same cannot be said for the programme. It comprised 28 colourful pages, predominantly adverts, and any content was banal in the extreme. A waste of £2.

The nearest pub to the ground is Owen’s Bar which has been gentrified since the days of Big Owen’s in the 1980s.

Dr Love
First Team Star

Jan 2, 2018, 10:40 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #2 of 17 (3887 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ashford Town (Middlesex) 4-2 Marlow
Southern League 1st Division East

The pitch at Ashford drains well, and though players slid around at little it held up well throughout. Marlow took an early lead direct from a corner. The Ashford keeper was unchallenged, but apparently behind the line when he caught it, 0-1. Ashford had more of the play after that, but Marlow had slightly more chances before half time. After the break in the 55th minute Marlow missed an excellent chance to double their lead, players were celebrating, but the ball didn't clear the line. Ashford counter-attacked, and Marlow conceeded a penalty. That was the first of four goals for Ashford in about quarter of an hour. They came close to a couple more too. Marlow pulled one back from a deflected free kick in the 83rd minute, but didn't look like they coould mount a late comeback. Not always the most skillful, but entertaining.

Steve_HFC
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 2, 2018, 11:21 PM

Team(s): Hendon, Portsmouth

Post #3 of 17 (3793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Edgware Town 2-3 Risborough Rangers
Spartan South Midlands League Challenge Trophy QF
Admission £3 (with Hendon season ticket)

Don't normally post here as I very rarely get to games as a neutral, but it was well overdue for me to go and visit our fellow tenants at Silver Jubilee Park.

10th in Premier Division v 8th in Division One, with Edgware going 2-0 up in the first half, mainly through better finishing. Risborough Rangers hit back in the second half, and the winner came deep in second half injury time. I didn't look what time the half started - but the goal went in about 9.48!

Thought the ref was awful - missed his dug-out side linesman flagging for a corner for nearly a minute, and missed him flagging for substitutions too. Game not bad, first time I've seen a Step 5/6 game for quite a few years, so not much to compare it against other than Hendon games.

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 2, 2018, 11:22 PM

Team(s): Workington Reds, St Ives Roosters RLFC

Post #4 of 17 (3792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SPFL League One 
Stranraer 1 Ayr United 5
Admission £15
Programme £2 + teamsheet which was free with the programme
Attendance 1,143

I felt a bit sorry for Stranraer. They dominated the first half of this game but were 2 - 0 at half time. They pushed forward in the secind and got caught three times on the break by the pacy Ayr forwards.

I popped into the Stranraer FC Social Club - the Fitba Bar - before the game. Not too busy but it had a nice selection of songs by the Three Tenors playing which did seem out of place. The corporate's were having a function in another part of the club followed by a coach trip to Stair Park. A journey of no more than 5 minutes if that.

This was my 2nd visit to Stair Park and it is a ground with a lot going for it. The club shop had a lot of clothing for sale with a few souvenirs available. Luckily I bought a cheese burger at the start of the game. It was decent too. Be warned buy your food early or you will be waiting a very long time.

I sat in the main cantilevered stand. The view is very good but it appears to be half finished in some places. The attendance was announced with the home club having around 600 spectators in attendance with the rest from Ayr. The usual home atrendance is around 250 - 350 so today was a great improvement.

The programme is decent. The print quality is poor but the content is very good. A teamsheet is also provided with the programme.

The club currently has financial problems. I hope they sort things out soon as this is a nice club.

Digdagdog
First Team Sub

Jan 2, 2018, 11:50 PM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #5 of 17 (3742 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

The pitch at Ashford drains well, and though players slid around at little it held up well throughout. Marlow took an early lead direct from a corner. The Ashford keeper was unchallenged, but apparently behind the line when he caught it, 0-1. Ashford had more of the play after that, but Marlow had slightly more chances before half time. After the break in the 55th minute Marlow missed an excellent chance to double their lead, players were celebrating, but the ball didn't clear the line. Ashford counter-attacked, and Marlow conceeded a penalty. That was the first of four goals for Ashford in about quarter of an hour. They came close to a couple more too. Marlow pulled one back from a deflected free kick in the 83rd minute, but didn't look like they coould mount a late comeback. Not always the most skillful, but entertaining.

Also at this for my first visit here. Squally night, the constant backdrop of Heathrow take-offs and the best burgers I've had all season so far will stick in the memory.
Chatted to a Marlow fan - he says they are rubbish this season and wasn't overly surprised at the total collapse in 11 minutes where they shipped the four goals.
Atrocious driving conditions West back on the M4

2017-18 Games: 171 Goals: 745 GPG: 4.36 New Grounds: 114
2018-19 Games: 62 Goals: 239 GPG: 3.85 New Grounds: 36

TonyD
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 3, 2018, 1:19 AM

Team(s): Sutton United, Crystal Palace

Post #6 of 17 (3627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Digdagdog] Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Also at this for my first visit here. Squally night, the constant backdrop of Heathrow take-offs and the best burgers I've had all season so far will stick in the memory.
Chatted to a Marlow fan - he says they are rubbish this season and wasn't overly surprised at the total collapse in 11 minutes where they shipped the four goals.
Atrocious driving conditions West back on the M4

Also also at this one. The evening started badly when the gateman clearly didn't believe I was an OAP (I'm 66) and with ill-concealed bad grace let me have the concessionary rate. I suppose I should be pleased but in fact I get really peed off when this happens (less and less nowadays!) as I'm being effectively accused of dishonesty. Made me a Marlow supporter for the evening.

scottsas
Youth Team Star

Jan 3, 2018, 1:49 AM

Post #7 of 17 (3599 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TonyD] Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A couple of friendlies
1pm
Largs Thistle 3-1 Port Glasgow
Free entry
Pies £1.20, irn bru cans 50p
Att: 61
decent wee game at Barrfields, artificial pitch and well decent ground by junior standards with an actual stand

730pm
Blackburn Utd 1-2 Pumpherston
Free entry, bucket for donations
Att: 49
another reasonably decent game, artificial pitch, very wet night

timmy tabby
First Team Star

Jan 3, 2018, 8:14 AM

Post #8 of 17 (3330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TonyD] Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

....It sure felt like Monday, what with the return to w**k and a trip to one of those whose normal evening is the opening day of the week...

Haringey Borough 4 v 1 Waltham Abbey - Isthmian League Division 1 (North)
Prog 16 pages £2.00 - Admission £7.00 - Att 137

....And with 'el plastico' ensuring play, there were none of those mid afternoon concerns as to whether play would be possible or not. Though clear that some of Le Fraternite had made a resolution to be humorous in 2018 as there were several references to 'how well the pitch was bearing up' and 'whether the surface would require the attention of the groundsman at half time'. Still it could have been worse if Mr L Bull had also been present.

Noted of late that it appears to be the case that the Cup and Trophy exploits of the hosts have taken their toll on their league form as was surprised to note that in the up to date league table in the prog that Waltham Abbey were two places above. No longer the case as the visitors were summarily ripped apart by a home performance where they utilised the pitch to great effect with some excellent approach play.

What also assisted Haringey was some crucial mistakes at crucial times by the visiting defence, starting with an overhit back pass from Holland who probably thought that he was playing on the Cappershotts bog rather than the zippy White Hart Lane 3g surface. Not surprising that Rosetti in the visiting goal could not control and Gabriel sensing the situation nipped in to take advantage and place the ball between the posts to ensure 'Escaping the Nuls' will continue to a 105th episode for the season.

The visitors played their part in what was a throughly entertaining first half and two virtually identical curling efforts from outside of the area from Assombolanga were just marginally too high. However, the speed of the hosts approach play continuously unsettled Waltham Abbey and a perfect cross from Ademiluyi was met by Gabriel's header, Roseeti did well to block the header but the rebound fell kindly to Asamoah who converted with ease. Another example of defensive frailty quickly led to a third with Gerogiou with the left hand flank of their rearguard being particularly porous allowing Georgiou to take advantage and easily convert from close range. Gabriel then should have improved the hosts GD being clear of the visiting defence but in the end placing a tame lob in the direction of Roseeti's hands. For their efforts Waltham Abbey deserved to pull a goal back and a well controlled half volley from just outside the area from Holland which could have sailed high into the gusts which were becoming increasingly prevalent instead found the far corner.

Pity that the second half did not quite match the first, though Haringey quickly restored their three goal advantage with Gabriel (who did look suspiciously offside when he run forward and not surprising that the linesman not raising his flag was subject to the attention of several aggrieved Waltham Abbey defenders) sensibly sending over a low cross for Asamaoah to side foot in from close range.

With the visiting defence still having difficulties coping with the speed of Haringey's attacks, the final 30 minutes should have been a perfect opportunity for the hosts to 'push on' and improve the GD that in a division which has the propensity to by ultimately very close when spring appears after the winter howls could be crucial. Gabriel uncharacteristically missed a couple which to use the correct parlance should have been buried. In addition you had to feel a degree of sympathy for Ademiluyi as his forays down the right and subsequent crosses set up the likes of Edwards and Herval to miss opportunities that should have been converted.

Overall this was a decent display from the hosts at the start of potentially a 9 game month and with 4 of their scheduled 7 home contests falling on a Monday, highly likely that Coles Park will continue to see my patronage especially as unlike the case up to when the 4g surface was laid when the pitch by the turn of the year when the pitch would have resembled a particularly squelchy estuary mudflat, there is far less danger of the weather intervening.

Almost perfect journey home with no to minimal waits for the 5 connections and those nice C2C train operators operating an 8 coach train therefore far more room for those celebrating 'ammas to celebrate and not disturb. On return the 7 minute walk from Grays station was like walking through a particularly unpleasant cold shower with a wind machine at a high setting horizontally driving the rain....

Dribble!
Reserve Team Star

Jan 3, 2018, 8:27 AM

Team(s): Ipswich Town

Post #9 of 17 (3307 views)
Shortcut
Re: [timmy tabby] Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fulham 4 Ipswich Town 1
Championship
Craven Cottage

Admission: £30
Programme: think £3.50 - good historical content

The game - we were second best all game but were winning - then red card madness and we let 4 quick goals in - was a red card but for the second time this season we are let down by poor officiating - the red card was for retaliation to a foul that should have been at least a yellow but Ref (and linesman) did not even give a free kick - Stroud the same Ref who never even booked a player who should have got a Red against us earlier in the season - can't blame ref for a poor defeat but will give Mick a good excuse.

Last New Ground: Colney Heath ; Games in 2018/19 Season = 30; New Grounds this Season = 20 Next scheduled game: Ipswich Town v QPR - Championship (20/10/18)

http://portmanroadtothesansiro.blogspot.co.uk/

pokal02
First Team Star

Jan 3, 2018, 12:07 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #10 of 17 (3027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Clyde 0-0 Annan Athletic
SPFL2
Adm £13 Prog £3 Coffee £1

The weather on my arrival into Glasgow at lunchtime wasn't as bad as I'd feared, but I still wasn't inclined to risk Albion Rovers given the nearby 3G alternative at Broadwood.

Ground is about a 20 min walk from Croy station (some of it down wet grass verges!). A decent enough ground for this level with covered seated stands on 3 sides (only the main stand used), but not identical like some of the new builds. (No access behind one goal).

Clyde had drawn their last three all 0-0, but when Annan's No 2 received a straight red after only 7 mins for a wild tackle on the halfway line I thought the sequence might be broken. Not a bit of it - Annan were the better side even with 10 men and their keeper had only two saves to make in the whole game, one from a scramble from a corner early in 2nd half and one from a free kick late on, while tey missed some very decent chances themselves. Clyde's No 8 got a second yellow on 87 mins for a late tackle. At least my 65-match sequence of seeing either a goal or a red card in every match I've been to outside England & Wales continued.
Would wonder how Clyde had two sides below them if I hadn't already seen the equally dire Edinburgh City in action this season.
No great problems with the flight home, although getting back from Gatwick's always a pain I didn't have to sample the Night Buses this time & was in at 12:20. (Hopefully Ryanair will be back by next year's League Cup & I can use Stansted).

Ipeland
Reserve Team Star

Jan 3, 2018, 4:16 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #11 of 17 (2727 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Guilsfield 6-0 Machynlleth (2-0 HT) at Park Hall (TNS)
Central Wales FA Cup 3rd Round
Admission: £3, Programme: None
Attendance: 25 (v. quick h/c)

Lousy weather called off plan A at Abbey Hulton so made the short trip to the Park Hall to watch my first game in the Central Wales Cup, and one of the few games where I had less travelling to do than both teams. The 20 or so minute journey along B roads was easy enough, arriving with 15 minutes to go before kick off with the TNS academy teams packing away their stuff as I took my position on the balcony.

The match pitted 4th place in the Cymru Alliance against dead last in Mid Wales League Division One, so this, as well as the rather long trip that the 'away' side would have to make on a Tuesday evening, spelled a one sided match. The game largely followed that script, with Guilsfield having most of the ball and pretty much all of the chances, looking much better than their West Wales counterparts throughout the match. The main reason why it was only 2-0 at the break was due to some absolutely horrid finishing on show, the no. 10 in particular seeming to have an off day as he missed two glorious chances in quick succession mid way through the first half. The two goals in the first period also came quickly, Chris Cathrall breaking the dealock in the 27th minute after breaking free of his marker to get on the end of a cross inside the box and finish nicely, scoring his second two minutes later with a half volley from the edge of the box after a clearance. Something must've been said in the dressing rooms at half time as within 5 minutes of the restart Asa Hamilton grabbed one of the quickest hat-tricks I've seen to make it 5-0, all three goals were quite similar as Hamilton managed to get onto a ball on the left hand side of the box before shooting into the far side of the goal. The 'home' side took their foot off the pedal after this, but still managed to miss few more great chances with no. 10 again involved. The scoring was completed in the 75th minute by Louis Irvine, a decent effort from just inside the box.

Men of steel conditions throughout with strong winds and rain lashing down, fortunately for the spectators the balcony area afforded good protection from the elements, admission was taken from the leisure centre entrance. Chatted with a long-standing Guilsfield committee member in the second half who said the reason they were playing the game here is that their pitch is pretty waterlogged at the moment so it would've been a pain to get the game on, and he also confirmed that they tend to field mostly first teamers in this competition unlike the Montgomeryshire Cup, seemed like a nice friendly bloke. No changes to the ground that I noticed although I didn't venture far from the cover, didn't buy anything as didn't fancy paying £2 for a tea. Fortunately the conditions didn't hamper the journey back and was home by 10 past 10.

Grounds visited: 234
Last new ground: Old Shieldfield (Tweedmouth Rangers)
Next planned fixture: Dunston UTS v Gateshead - FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - 20/10/18

Mark Hardy
Reserve Team Star

Jan 3, 2018, 5:00 PM

Team(s): Farnborough

Post #12 of 17 (2678 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dribble!] Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Fulham 4 Ipswich Town 1
Championship
Craven Cottage

The game - we were second best all game but were winning - then red card madness and we let 4 quick goals in - was a red card but for the second time this season we are let down by poor officiating - the red card was for retaliation to a foul that should have been at least a yellow but Ref (and linesman) did not even give a free kick - Stroud the same Ref who never even booked a player who should have got a Red against us earlier in the season - can't blame ref for a poor defeat but will give Mick a good excuse.

Also here and my first visit to Craven Cottage for five years or so. Nothing to add except I thought the original challenge was a good old fashioned shoulder to shoulder, the retaliation was about a week late.

Always easier to blame the referee, one person cost them the match. the moment of madness from Spence.

zebedee
First Team Star

Jan 3, 2018, 6:25 PM

Team(s): Southport

Post #13 of 17 (2562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mark Hardy] Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Dunfermline Athletic 2-0 Falkirk
Scottish Championship

With a couple of days of holiday left I fancied a trip up to Scotland. I had considered Stranraer but looked at the weather and decided that Dunfermline was a safer option, given the proximity of alternatives on plastic.

Got up to Dunfermline about 1ish and had a nice walk around the town before heading out to East End Park. A bit over 7000 in the ground, including a good number who had come over from Falkirk.

The game was a relatively straightforward win for Dunfermline who scored early in each half. They should have probably got a couple more goals, particularly on one occasion when one of their forwards had managed to get past the Falkirk keeper, who had run out of his area,leaving an open goal, but rather than shooting he decided to wait for support and give time for the visiting defence to get back in position.

My main memory, no matter how much I may try to forget it, will be the celebration of a fan near me when Dunfermline scored their first goal. He took his shirt off to reveal his large, hairy physique, covered in tattoos. He went for a run around half the stand, with his jogging bottoms struggling to keep up - in the end they managed to restrict our view to just a half moon. Thankfully he showed more restraint for the second goal, restricting himself to just kissing a steward.

FulhamDave
Youth Team Regular

Jan 3, 2018, 7:55 PM

Team(s): Fulham, Staines Town

Post #14 of 17 (2414 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mark Hardy] Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Fulham 4 Ipswich Town 1
Championship
Craven Cottage

Also here and my first visit to Craven Cottage for five years or so. Nothing to add except I thought the original challenge was a good old fashioned shoulder to shoulder, the retaliation was about a week late.

Always easier to blame the referee, one person cost them the match. the moment of madness from Spence.

I was also at Craven Cottage of course but only rarely comment on League games on here. Will never know what would have happened without the sending off as Fulham were getting a good head of steam when the absolutely stupid challenge occurred. Haven’t seen the incident on replay yet when Piazon was booked for simulation – looked a stonewall penalty from where I was sat but clearly the ref had a different angle.

Obviously the extra space following the red card made it much easier and the end scoreline was a true reflection of the game, it should have out of sight at half time but if you don’t take your chances we all know what happens.

Didn’t understand the comment in original post “Stroud the same Ref who never even booked a player who should have got a Red against us earlier in the season”.

Dribble!
Reserve Team Star

Jan 3, 2018, 8:07 PM

Team(s): Ipswich Town

Post #15 of 17 (2396 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FulhamDave] Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Stroud comment - Ipswich played Sheff Wed at home - high challenge leading to stitches in Ipswich players groin - Stroud did not even book player - so not exactly an Ipswich favourite

Fulham - best team seen at Ipswich this season, but seemed to want to overplay it in first half yesterday but result was true reflection of game but should have been foul before card and 11-11 would have been a lot closer

Last New Ground: Colney Heath ; Games in 2018/19 Season = 30; New Grounds this Season = 20 Next scheduled game: Ipswich Town v QPR - Championship (20/10/18)

http://portmanroadtothesansiro.blogspot.co.uk/

royals26
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 3, 2018, 10:40 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #16 of 17 (2186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dribble!] Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

NON NL

Champ'ship ST Duty

Royals 0-2 Brum

Att: 14.5k incl eldest who probably wished he'd stayed in the dry

Match: we were grim - they were bright and deserved a morale boosting win.

We looked terrified of the ball and the teams Jaap keeps picking and sending out clearly aren't playing to instruction - they all shuffle unconvincingly back and forth with the ball, when a simple pass forward or wide seems on. Teams just sit off and wait for us to f£ck up.

Nor can he possibly cater for the fact that, whatever system he's attempting to stop the rot, it results in the vast majority of the side turning out such unmitigated vapid tripe.

Felt sorry for Gunter and Moore who alone got somewhere near their usual standards but no-one else came out with much credit.

McShane @ CB is woefully off form/past it/uncomfortable in a system that means he sees so much of the ball as we try to build from the back.

Something has to change soon - I doubt it will be at managerial level, as there is no viable alternative and it wouldn't solve the fact that any formation he concocts currently, results in the same terrible performances on the field - particularly at home. The raw materials at his disposal ought to work, he just cannot get the right blend and confusion/bewilderment reigns.

There's no 'white charger' appearing in the Transfer window either, as under FFP we'd be restricted in what more we can spend.

onion_bag
Reserve Team Star

Jan 4, 2018, 12:33 AM

Post #17 of 17 (2062 views)
Shortcut
Tuesday 2nd January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Premier League
West Ham United 2 West Bromich Albion 1

atten 56,888

My first visit to the London Stadium despite being an Upton Park regular since childhood. Its a great stadium but for me it doesnt compare to my beloved Boleyn. The walk down Green Street , the sounds from the market sellers, the smells of the burger vans , Special No1 with extra bubble at Kens Cafe. The atmosphere inside the ground playing to a packed house , under the lights on a European night and Bubbles anthem is full flow ...... tonight it was a 20 minute walk through a massive modern shopping complex dodging the hoardes of shoppers with some stadium on the distant horizon , it just wasnt the same sadly. It never will be , how can it ? The seats are too far away from the pitch unlike the famous chicken run at the Boleyn. Even with 57,000 the noise was less than the 38,000 we got at the Boleyn.
However i still enjoyed the evening and the late, late winner for the Hammers was the icing on the cake.

The days of watching my hero Bobby Moore , Billy Bonds , Trever Brooking , Pop Robson , Clyde Best etc are now distant memories , but what memories they are.

Come on You Irons !

http://onion-bag.blogspot.co.uk//
http://rugbyleaguegrounds.blogspot.co.uk/

Attachments: RrOnPVpIioVqcnX-800x450-noPad.jpg (44.7 KB)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3