Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Hampshire Premier League

umbria99
Junior Team Star

Jun 14, 2018, 8:51 PM

Team(s): Northampton Town, Romsey Town

Post #1 of 9 (3978 views)
Shortcut
Hampshire Premier League Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can anyone shed any light on how Athletico Romsey have jumped from the Southampton Senior League to the HPL Senior Division, thereby leapfrogging the eight teams in HPL DIvision One at least three of whom I seem to recall applying for promotion to HPL Senior Division?

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 14, 2018, 9:10 PM

Post #2 of 9 (3952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [umbria99] Hampshire Premier League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As Splodge said in the General "Step 7" thread

"Because in Hampshire the Southampton Senior League is one of now 4 leagues (Aldershot, Bournemouth and IOW are the others,) which are classed by the county FA as the same level as Division 1 and entitled to a place in the Senior Division if they apply and finish in a promotion position.

All other district leagues (Andover, Basingstoke and Portsmouth) are classed as intermediate leagues by the county FA.

Both Netley Central Sports and Four Marks withdrew their applications for promotion from Division 1 hence why no-one came up from Division 1. "

umbria99
Junior Team Star

Jun 14, 2018, 10:16 PM

Team(s): Northampton Town, Romsey Town

Post #3 of 9 (3852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Hampshire Premier League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thank you for directing my attention to this post Richard, which answers my query most succinctly. At least Division One will have nine teams playing 24 games each next season with the relegation of Hedge End Rangers.

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 13, 2018, 11:39 AM

Post #4 of 9 (3234 views)
Shortcut
Re: [umbria99] Hampshire Premier League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Thank you for directing my attention to this post Richard, which answers my query most succinctly. At least Division One will have nine teams playing 24 games each next season with the relegation of Hedge End Rangers.

Afraid not - Four Marks have now withdrawn from Div 1 (lack of players) and taking their reserves place in the Aldershot & District League.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 17, 2018, 2:25 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #5 of 9 (2827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Hampshire Premier League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Will Atletico Romsey play at Hatches Farm (formerly used in Hampshire League by Wellow)?

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 17, 2018, 7:14 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #6 of 9 (2607 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Hampshire Premier League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Assuming Athletico are indeed at Hatches Farm, then the league has 16 teams in the Premier, just eight in the lower division
I have unique grounds for each of them, (i.e. if another club plays there as well then my records show the Hampshire League club as the primary club).

I do not think any share with a club in a higher league. While I am not 100% certain about AFC Petersfield being an independent club, I understand they play at a ground adjacent to Petersfield United's, and do not actually share.

All those I still have to tick are in the lower division. Two are at home on August Bank Holiday

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 18, 2018, 9:18 AM

Post #7 of 9 (2357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Hampshire Premier League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
While I am not 100% certain about AFC Petersfield being an independent club, I understand they play at a ground adjacent to Petersfield United's, and do not actually share.

They most certainly are independent of their neighbours.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 20, 2018, 8:10 AM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #8 of 9 (1998 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Assuming Athletico are indeed at Hatches Farm, then the league has 16 teams in the Premier, just eight in the lower division

They are according to Full Time. That being the case, Athletico Romsey v Liphook United is my game of choice on 4th August

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 14, 2018, 9:18 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #9 of 9 (1476 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Hampshire Premier League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Afraid not - Four Marks have now withdrawn from Div 1 (lack of players) and taking their reserves place in the Aldershot & District League.

Lack of players - yet the reserves keep going

Interesting post on Four Marks’ facebook page – confirms the reasons for their departure from Hampshire Premier League Division One and its not entirely down to lack of players, I'd say thats a smoke screen and a consequence of the real reason/cause.

As I suspected – the club appear deeply unhappy at the FA’s refusal to recognise Division One as a feeder division to the Senior Division (it should in reality be the sole feeder division, otherwise it serves absolutely no purpose).

I think Four Marks’ non promotion and the perceived leapfrogging that was allowed by Athletico Romsey, seems to have been the last straw for the club.

As I have said before, if Southampton League clubs can jump straight into the Hampshire Senior Division (by-passing Division One), then why does Division One even exist?

If there is no prestige, no higher ranking, no superiority, no advantage over the district leagues around it, why do clubs like Netley Central Sports travel all over Hampshire (as far as Petersfield, South Wonston and previously Four Marks) in an poxy 8 team division, instead of playing in a larger Southampton-based league with lots of local opposition.

Maybe Netley just don’t realise. Maybe the other clubs don’t realise. Maybe they’ll come to realise, like Four Marks have…

It either becomes the SOLE feeder to the Hampshire Senior division – or it has no future, and should be disbanded!

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3