Aug 28, 2018, 6:07 PM

Post #51 of 66 (3972 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
If Watford don't get a home Draw in R3, assuming they beat Reading in R2, then Vicarage Road would be an option.

It would only be marginally more acceptable to Spurs fans than MK. Playing at Twickenham would be attractive to Spurs fans because it isn't associated with any rival Premier League club. I'm sure quite a few Spurs fans will have put Twickenham on their survey responses, as well as groundhoppers.

If Spurs fans are really that against sharing another PL ground then there is always Brentford. This is a LC tie and isn't going to attracted 70,000 fans to fill Twickenham.

There is the option to ensure Tottenham get an away draw, thus making this issue go away. A numbered ball in the microwave for 30 seconds would ensure Tottenham are drawn away.

I really donít understand the desire some people have for Spurs to play at Twickenham

Even if 100% of people voted for it - I canít imagine the owners are going to break the habit of a lifetime and let a football club use it.

Especially when there are probably a dozen alternatives within a thirty-mile radius.

The simplest solution is to reverse the fixture - but having blown the best part of £1billion on the new stadium, Levy begrudges handing over a few hundred thousand as compensation.

League have already said they wont reverse fixture. It will give Tottenham an unfair advantage of playing 4 of their last 5 games at home.

I need to have the last word as it makes it look as if i'm always right!

007Dale
First Team Regular

Aug 28, 2018, 7:09 PM

Post #52 of 66 (3957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
If Watford don't get a home Draw in R3, assuming they beat Reading in R2, then Vicarage Road would be an option.

It would only be marginally more acceptable to Spurs fans than MK. Playing at Twickenham would be attractive to Spurs fans because it isn't associated with any rival Premier League club. I'm sure quite a few Spurs fans will have put Twickenham on their survey responses, as well as groundhoppers.

If Spurs fans are really that against sharing another PL ground then there is always Brentford. This is a LC tie and isn't going to attracted 70,000 fans to fill Twickenham.

There is the option to ensure Tottenham get an away draw, thus making this issue go away. A numbered ball in the microwave for 30 seconds would ensure Tottenham are drawn away.

I really donít understand the desire some people have for Spurs to play at Twickenham

Even if 100% of people voted for it - I canít imagine the owners are going to break the habit of a lifetime and let a football club use it.

Especially when there are probably a dozen alternatives within a thirty-mile radius.

The simplest solution is to reverse the fixture - but having blown the best part of £1billion on the new stadium, Levy begrudges handing over a few hundred thousand as compensation.

League have already said they wont reverse fixture. It will give Tottenham an unfair advantage of playing 4 of their last 5 games at home.

This is in relation to a potential league cup tie - which the FL will agree to switch if requested.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 28, 2018, 7:50 PM

Post #53 of 66 (3945 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

This is in relation to a potential league cup tie - which the FL will agree to switch if requested.

OK fair enough. Thought you were discussing the league fixture. Would they be allowed to switch the league cup tie away from home if the case?

I need to have the last word as it makes it look as if i'm always right!

007Dale
First Team Regular

Aug 28, 2018, 8:05 PM

Post #54 of 66 (3940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They would be allowed to switch, but have to compensate their opponents (as gate receipts are split 50-50).

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 28, 2018, 8:15 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #55 of 66 (3934 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Can I please appeal to everyone to enter the survey (if you have not yet done so) and use it to ask for the game to be played at Twickenham.

If all your entities vote then it might swing it Smile

(This post was edited by buncranaboy on Aug 28, 2018, 8:15 PM)

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Aug 28, 2018, 10:06 PM

Post #56 of 66 (3893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I see both Brentford and AFC Wimbledon are hoping to move into their new stadiums midway through the 2019/20 season. Presumably playing the 1st half of next season in their current grounds and then switching for the second half.
Are there any rules covering this in the EFL?
If Brentford are promoted at the end of this season then theyíll be in exactly the same position as Tottenham are this season i.e. starting in one stadium and then switching to another.

EFL and Premiership have different rules - you are allowed to switch in the EFL.

Presumably if promoted, Brentford will have to play the entire season at Griffin Park. Unless they claim the new stadium will be ready for the start of the season and move back the opening date in small increments!

However, one complication - Brentfordís current home doesnít meet Premiership standards - they claim it will cost £3m to address that.

Brentford are now staying at Griffin Park for the whole of 19-20 season:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45333562

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 28, 2018, 10:27 PM

Post #57 of 66 (3877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bit surprising given that Brentford are making good progress with their new stadium. I passed through Kew Bridge station by train the other day and from the train (the new stadium is adjacent) you can clearly see the framework of one stand. Other stadiums of similar size have been completed in 12 months from that stage. Perhaps the problems are to do with the fact that numerous other buildings are being built around the stadium, as the picture on the BBC site suggests.

northstandexile
First Team Regular

Aug 30, 2018, 12:17 AM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #58 of 66 (3715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Bit surprising given that Brentford are making good progress with their new stadium. I passed through Kew Bridge station by train the other day and from the train (the new stadium is adjacent) you can clearly see the framework of one stand. Other stadiums of similar size have been completed in 12 months from that stage. Perhaps the problems are to do with the fact that numerous other buildings are being built around the stadium, as the picture on the BBC site suggests.

Does this mean the all seating stadium for championship games is no longer relevant or has the grace been extended to 5 years instead of three.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 30, 2018, 3:59 PM

Post #59 of 66 (3613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [northstandexile] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well, added to the Tottenham case, it seems that if you are London-based normal rules regarding grounds do not apply.

007Dale
First Team Regular

Aug 30, 2018, 7:35 PM

Post #60 of 66 (3557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tottenham are at home to Watford and will play the game at Stadium MK

Which of course makes logical sense, given both teams are inside the M25!

kirby knitters

Aug 30, 2018, 8:37 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #61 of 66 (3540 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
And of course the RFU will take notice of such a survey.

They should speak with the LLDC and get London Stadium - the owners are likely to say yes, just to wind-up WHU.

Wembley, Twickenham, London Stadium! Why the need for such a large ground to host a LC 3 game? Just take it to MK.

Wink

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Aug 30, 2018, 9:16 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #62 of 66 (3524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is there no suitable stadiums available in Thailand to keep the sponsors happy?

kirby knitters

Sep 19, 2018, 11:09 AM

Post #63 of 66 (3204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not sure about Thailand or Twickenham but MK Dons fans are being given the chance to purchase tickets for the game as Tottenham are struggling to get rid.Sly

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 19, 2018, 3:45 PM

Post #64 of 66 (3149 views)
Shortcut

Let's hope that as many people as possible (including Watford fans) boycott the game so that the EFL gets the message regarding what football fans think of franchising.

kirby knitters

Sep 19, 2018, 3:51 PM

Post #65 of 66 (3143 views)
Shortcut

Low ticket sales are probably more to do with a general lack of interest in the fixture than where it is being played.

kirby knitters

Sep 27, 2018, 10:41 AM

Post #66 of 66 (2882 views)
Shortcut

So a crowd of 23,650 were present last night at Stadium MK.Watford were given 4,500 and just over 1,000 MKD fans bought tickets and sat with Tottenham fans.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3