Next Prime Minister?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 19, 2019, 8:23 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #151 of 153 (65 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ian Blackford calling out racist Johnson at PMQs

https://twitter.com/...314577591877634?s=21

jon b
First Team Star

Jun 19, 2019, 10:33 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #152 of 153 (36 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Irrespective of the accuracy or otherwise of the accusation, I was surprised John Bercow didn't require Ian Blackford to withdraw the word. Bercow suggested that he withdraw it but as far as I could tell, Blackford didn't do so.

There are various words that are deemed too provocative or too great a slur on the honour of an "honourable" member to be allowed to stand. Among the words ruled over the years to constitute unparliamentary language are coward, idiot, hypocrite, traitor, swine and drunk.

Maybe Bercow thinks soon to be PM Johnson through his deliberately controversial polemics in his newspaper columns has set himself up for some rough treatment in the HofC. A worrying omen for how much of a bear pit the HofC may become in the autumn.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 19, 2019, 11:58 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #153 of 153 (22 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Irrespective of the accuracy or otherwise of the accusation, I was surprised John Bercow didn't require Ian Blackford to withdraw the word. Bercow suggested that he withdraw it but as far as I could tell, Blackford didn't do so.

There are various words that are deemed too provocative or too great a slur on the honour of an "honourable" member to be allowed to stand. Among the words ruled over the years to constitute unparliamentary language are coward, idiot, hypocrite, traitor, swine and drunk.

Maybe Bercow thinks soon to be PM Johnson through his deliberately controversial polemics in his newspaper columns has set himself up for some rough treatment in the HofC. A worrying omen for how much of a bear pit the HofC may become in the autumn.

PMQ's might become prime time viewing, but at midday instead of the evening.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3