Tottenham new ground opening delayed

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 22, 2018, 8:42 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #76 of 107 (13518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

News reports that Tottenham Hotspur have complained to Haringey Council about the state of the streets around their new ground. However, despite being the 11th richest club in the world and being located in one of the poorest neighbourhoods in the country, Spurs apparently have no intention of contributing to any clear-up...

https://www.theguardian.com/...aim-super-rich-spurs

Tottemham recorded a recent annual turnover of £306million, with profits of £58million.

Haringey Council, meanwhile, have suffered from £280million of cuts to services over the past ten years.

knmeynell
Youth Team Star

Dec 25, 2018, 2:39 PM

Post #77 of 107 (10435 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
News reports that Tottenham Hotspur have complained to Haringey Council about the state of the streets around their new ground. However, despite being the 11th richest club in the world and being located in one of the poorest neighbourhoods in the country, Spurs apparently have no intention of contributing to any clear-up...

Presumably they feel the council rates they pay contribute to the cleaning.

I used to live on White Hart Lane, and that area certainly used to be a disgusting mess, and I think the original 'Live of Grime' TV show was set around that area. The council tax also used to be one of the highest in the country too, so I'm convinced it's entirely down to the levels of council funding.

To be fair though, I thought the area had dramatically improved the last time I went (last year), and that was possibly partly down to the redevelopment of Spurs' ground.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 9, 2019, 11:13 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #78 of 107 (7389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

At least March until they move in so why not just make a statement saying they are staying at Wembley for the rest of the season rather than dash the hopes of fans yet again.

BDA_85
Reserve Team Star

Jan 9, 2019, 12:28 PM

Post #79 of 107 (7362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

From Spurs, Wednesday:

We have now received a post-Christmas/New Year update from the contractors involved in the critical safety systems at our new stadium.

The past month has seen remedial works take place, software issues resolved and corrected safety equipment installations increase. Testing has also continued.

We are now liaising with the contractors and building control at Haringey Council to determine a schedule of commissioning, building test dates and building control sign-offs, along with formal test event dates.

Given the time required to deliver these and the test events, we can confirm that our Premier League matches against Watford (30 January), Newcastle United (2 February) and Leicester City (10 February) will take place at Wembley Stadium.

The 51,000 capacity cap will apply for these fixtures.

scottywalds
First Team Star

Jan 9, 2019, 3:31 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #80 of 107 (7277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Their next home league game after the Leicester one is the North London derby...

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 7, 2019, 7:19 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #81 of 107 (6289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Arsenal game will now be played at Wembley. Further details here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47158549

I really think that they should give up on moving this season, and make a fresh start in August.

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 8, 2019, 4:08 PM

Post #82 of 107 (6068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Agreed. I think Levy over reached himself. He should have aimed for next season rather than have all this faffing about.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Ropemaker

Feb 11, 2019, 2:32 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #83 of 107 (4680 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Apparently there will now not be a VIP cheese room at the new ground

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

jrev61

Feb 11, 2019, 5:20 PM

Team(s): None

Post #84 of 107 (4645 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Apparently there will now not be a VIP cheese room at the new ground

Gutted! Will there still be prawn sandwiches?

jrev61

BDA_85
Reserve Team Star

Feb 12, 2019, 6:30 PM

Post #85 of 107 (4412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Agreed. I think Levy over reached himself. He should have aimed for next season rather than have all this faffing about.

Part of Levy's desire to get into the new WHL ASAP must be to do with matchday revenue. Crowds at Wembely seem to be on the decline. Whilst it's only a minute sample, I know a few Spurs fans and even though they are STH's they have stopped going to "home" games whilst they play at Wembley.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 12, 2019, 11:44 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #86 of 107 (4225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Part of Levy's desire to get into the new WHL ASAP must be to do with matchday revenue. Crowds at Wembely seem to be on the decline. Whilst it's only a minute sample, I know a few Spurs fans and even though they are STH's they have stopped going to "home" games whilst they play at Wembley.

Didn't Brent Council recently reduce the capacity allowed at Wembley for Tottenham's league games to around 53k?

leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 13, 2019, 5:05 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #87 of 107 (3917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tottenham made a good offer to season ticket holders where they were refunded for each Wembley match, but then allowed to pay for the tickets on a game by game basis.
As a result of this, I expect they have far more ticket holders than you would generally see missing games
Still, they gain with the goodwill by treating loyal fans fairly
It does mean they still have a lot to gain by moving to the new WHL ASAP

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Into the nervous 990s. 3998 - Stade Lievre d'Or, Chateauneuf sur Loire

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 8, 2019, 8:05 PM

Post #88 of 107 (1120 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It looks like Tottenham will play their first game at New White Hart lane on either April 3 against Crystal Palace or April 7 against Brighton, this depends on whether Brighton reach the FA Cup SF which are played that weekend. There will be 2 test events before any Tottenham games, an U18 game and a legends kickabout.

kirby knitters

Mar 9, 2019, 8:43 AM

Post #89 of 107 (1061 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
It looks like Tottenham will play their first game at New White Hart lane on either April 3 against Crystal Palace or April 7 against Brighton, this depends on whether Brighton reach the FA Cup SF which are played that weekend. There will be 2 test events before any Tottenham games, an U18 game and a legends kickabout.

------------------------------------------

I take it these U18s and Legends fixtures are open to the public? Great opportunity for many on here to tick the place.Sly

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 9, 2019, 9:19 AM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #90 of 107 (1051 views)
Shortcut

Details here -

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/...opening-game-update/

scottywalds
First Team Star

Mar 9, 2019, 10:44 AM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #91 of 107 (1029 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I take it these U18s and Legends fixtures are open to the public? Great opportunity for many on here to tick the place.Sly

As they are test events, it would be silly not to have anybody turn up... they are being restricted to 30k and 45k capacity.

ladderman

Mar 11, 2019, 10:25 AM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #92 of 107 (912 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Priority for both events will be given to Season Ticket Holders and Executive members, followed by One Hotspur + and then One Hotspur members. In the unlikely event that any tickets remain after these groups have been allocated, a General Sale of tickets will take place.

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Mar 16, 2019, 9:50 AM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #93 of 107 (726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
It looks like Tottenham will play their first game at New White Hart lane on either April 3 against Crystal Palace or April 7 against Brighton, this depends on whether Brighton reach the FA Cup SF which are played that weekend. There will be 2 test events before any Tottenham games, an U18 game and a legends kickabout.[/

Priority for both events will be given to Season Ticket Holders and Executive members, followed by One Hotspur + and then One Hotspur members. In the unlikely event that any tickets remain after these groups have been allocated, a General Sale of tickets will take place.

As you rightly say “In the unlikely event that any tickets remain....”

I think I will have to wait until the League Cup next season and hope Spurs get a home tie.....

kirby knitters

Mar 17, 2019, 9:32 PM

Post #94 of 107 (562 views)
Shortcut

First game now confirmed against Palace on Wednesday 3rd April.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 18, 2019, 12:05 AM

Post #95 of 107 (510 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

That is providing the test events pass without a hitch.

(This post was edited by Tykeoldboy on Mar 18, 2019, 12:05 AM)

kirby knitters

Mar 18, 2019, 7:17 AM

Post #96 of 107 (477 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

That is providing the test events pass without a hitch.

--------------------------

Can you imagine the howls of derision if that all went wrong?Sly

paulh66

Mar 18, 2019, 9:54 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #97 of 107 (431 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think I will have to wait until the League Cup next season and hope Spurs get a home tie.....

Europa League may be a better bet!

Had a look to see what the ticket agencies were charging for some of this season's remaining matches. Cheapest was £190 for the Everton game....plus a £57 handling charge. Crazy

dottirofhod

Mar 18, 2019, 10:27 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #98 of 107 (421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Europa League may be a better bet!

Had a look to see what the ticket agencies were charging for some of this season's remaining matches. Cheapest was £190 for the Everton game....plus a £57 handling charge. Crazy

Bloody hell , that's 4 / 5 flights to foreign climes.

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 220 / 181 / 39 (You know my rules) @11 /04 /2019. Only 17 x 0-0's - ( 3 in 10 recently !).
Project TFTopTierUEFAGrounds2018/19. Clubs 712.Grounds (Variable).(Inc Summer Leagues 2019. TBC) .
Need - 102 (14-3 %) @ 23/03/2019.
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/author/dadofdottie/

dottirofhod

Mar 18, 2019, 12:06 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #99 of 107 (378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And now White Hart Lane Railway Station is to be renamed Tottenham Hotspur.

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 220 / 181 / 39 (You know my rules) @11 /04 /2019. Only 17 x 0-0's - ( 3 in 10 recently !).
Project TFTopTierUEFAGrounds2018/19. Clubs 712.Grounds (Variable).(Inc Summer Leagues 2019. TBC) .
Need - 102 (14-3 %) @ 23/03/2019.
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/author/dadofdottie/

kirby knitters

Mar 18, 2019, 8:19 PM

Post #100 of 107 (274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
And now White Hart Lane Railway Station is to be renamed Tottenham Hotspur.

------------------------

And if it happens then THFC are paying TfL (I think)
£14m for the privilege.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3