Grounds for Concern 2019/20

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 2, 2019, 11:26 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #1 of 23 (6119 views)
Shortcut
Grounds for Concern 2019/20 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Anybody hoping to tick Sheffield United Women or Sheffield Eagles Rugby League on the 3G pitch both currently use at the Olympic Legacy Park may need to do so this year as they are building a proper new stadium next door to it, which they hope will be ready in early 2020.
http://www.sheffieldeagles.com/club/new_stadium

ARNOLD241
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 3, 2019, 1:20 AM

Post #2 of 23 (6088 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If I'm understanding this correctly it will be a new facility but will use the same 3G pitch.

IAN S
First Team Star

Jun 3, 2019, 3:04 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #3 of 23 (5842 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It will be the same pitch/ground, not even started yet so early 2020 is doubtful.

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 5, 2019, 12:23 AM

Post #4 of 23 (5405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Article is a bit misleading saying it's a brand new stadium to be built on the west side of the 3G pitch when in reality they are just building a new stand that side along with open terracing on other sides which still doesn't look big enough to prevent getting a free view of the game from the hill overlooking the ground.

(This post was edited by cherryhopper on Jun 5, 2019, 12:24 AM)

Feversham Lens
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 5, 2019, 7:59 AM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #5 of 23 (5334 views)
Shortcut

I went to the opening game at this ground (as did IanS), and had a stroll up the 'hill' beforehand. Any stand on that side would need to be fairly high to block the view, though, when I visited, I can't recall anybody save the occasional dog walker pausing briefly to see what was going on.

London Harrier
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 10, 2019, 1:15 PM

Post #6 of 23 (4652 views)
Shortcut

What exactly is happening with Boston United's proposed move to The Quadrant? According to an article dated April 11 2019:

"The national league football team will play at York Street until July 2020, which is when the teamís newly renewed lease ends.

If all goes to plan Boston United will then relocate during the summer break to their new stadium in The Quadrant."

This move date appears to be an aspiration more than anything. Has work even started on the new ground?

https://lincolnshirereporter.co.uk/...-ground-up-for-sale/

(This post was edited by London Harrier on Jun 10, 2019, 3:20 PM)

eesti7
First Team Sub

Jun 11, 2019, 12:55 PM

Team(s): Gillingham, Tonbridge

Post #7 of 23 (4359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [London Harrier] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

When I went to Boston in April the supporters I spoke to reckoned they would be at York Street for at least two more seasons as work hadn't yet started on the new ground.

N12
Junior Team Star

Jun 11, 2019, 4:23 PM

Post #8 of 23 (4237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eesti7] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

According to this month's Groundtastic, it is "99% certain" that Boston will be leaving York Street at the end of 2019/20 and the lease won't be extended beyond this even if the new ground isn't ready. So they are likely to end up groundsharing elsewhere from the start of 2020/21, at least for part of that season if not all of it. The new ground is still awaiting some funding being confirmed I think before they can even start building.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 11, 2019, 7:04 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #9 of 23 (4176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [N12] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If anyone was wanting to see Windle Labour (Cheshire League) at Bobbies Lane, then you've missed your chance. They've been told that the ground is no longer available, and so they've decamped to JMO Sports Park in Skem.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 11, 2019, 11:22 PM

Post #10 of 23 (4072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Peel Croft, the soon to be demolished home of Burton Rugby Club and one time Football League ground, is staging a pre-season friendly between Pinxton and Mickleover RBL on Saturday 3rd August. This could possibly be for some sort of Charity Shield between cup winners - Pinxton won the Central Midlands League Cup, Mickleover RBL won the Derbyshire FA Divisional Cup South. Regardless this is an ideal opportunity for those who don't want to cross over to the dark side to tick this historic ground.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 13, 2019, 7:15 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #11 of 23 (3749 views)
Shortcut

The New Lawn can be taken off any lists after Forest Green Rovers were refused planning permission for the M5 J13 super stadium
Egotricity owner Dale Vince says FGR fans are devastated by this
First tweet I read, from supporter SouthstandFGR expressed delight at the decision

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 13, 2019, 1:07 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #12 of 23 (3598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Egotricity owner Dale Vince says FGR fans are devastated by this
First tweet I read, from supporter SouthstandFGR expressed delight at the decision

Still got his finger on the pulse then. I remember him also once saying that promotion from League 2 would be "easy". Boy, didn't that come back to bite him. Cool

Seems he fancies his chances of a successful appeal against the decision, far less clear if he actually fancies going through with it.

scottywalds
First Team Star

Jun 14, 2019, 1:44 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #13 of 23 (3349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [N12] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
According to this month's Groundtastic, it is "99% certain" that Boston will be leaving York Street at the end of 2019/20 and the lease won't be extended beyond this even if the new ground isn't ready. So they are likely to end up groundsharing elsewhere from the start of 2020/21, at least for part of that season if not all of it. The new ground is still awaiting some funding being confirmed I think before they can even start building.

This coming season is our last at York Street. The new ground has started to be built, in terms of foundations and utilities but no steelwork has been erected. The enabling developments of housing and commercial units have begun, and some are occupied (including a drive-through Costa Coffee on the stadium side). It is expected that work will restart within the next few week, and take around 12 months.

We will be looking to groundshare for the start of 20/21 (expectation is Grantham, unfortunately!) with an agreement for the whole season, just in case. For me, I hope we move in ASAP with the stands built, and the necessaries (dressing rooms, catering, toilet, etc) installed, but continue to add the luxuries while we play there (banqueting suite, hospitality boxes, classrooms, gym) and as the houses opposie are sold.

(This post was edited by scottywalds on Jun 14, 2019, 1:45 PM)

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 15, 2019, 8:06 AM

Post #14 of 23 (3136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Burscough are moving forwards with plans for a new ground -

https://www.hallmarksecurityleague.com/...articles.php?id=7519

kirby knitters

Jun 15, 2019, 8:39 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #15 of 23 (3124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I read this yesterday and am no better off. Is it a brand new build on the land behind Victoria Park because the "existing pitch at VP has now been altered" threw me somewhat.

Back in the Conf North days the club were pointing out the land behind current ground to anyone that was interested and saying it was going to be built wholly on it.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 15, 2019, 9:41 AM

Post #16 of 23 (3094 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It does sound like a new build next door to the current ground, but I agree that the communication is very confusing.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 15, 2019, 10:30 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #17 of 23 (3063 views)
Shortcut

The plan to build on land behind the ground is not new - it was already being planned on the last of my three visits to date, in 2013
Judging be the report, they have had to make changes to allow an access road for building the new ground
My understanding is the new ground is immediately to the west of the current one

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

paulh66

Jun 17, 2019, 12:06 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #18 of 23 (2775 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Peel Croft, the soon to be demolished home of Burton Rugby Club and one time Football League ground, is staging a pre-season friendly between Pinxton and Mickleover RBL on Saturday 3rd August. This could possibly be for some sort of Charity Shield between cup winners - Pinxton won the Central Midlands League Cup, Mickleover RBL won the Derbyshire FA Divisional Cup South.

Groundhop UK mention this in their latest release. Apparently it's Pinxton v Bakewell Town for the CML Chairman's Cup, KO 3pm. League cup winners v Divsion 1 cup winners. It'll be preceded by an 'international challenge' match, Netherseal St Peter of the Midland Regional Alliance v Garth Vader, Groundhop UK's adopted Sunday League team from somewhere in South Wales, KO noon.
(EDIT - thought this fixture warranted its own thread so details copied there).

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jun 17, 2019, 12:27 AM)

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 17, 2019, 12:21 AM

Post #19 of 23 (2766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Judging by a post from Andrew G in the rugby league section, it looks as if AFC Blackpool's Mechanics Ground needs to be ticked in its current guise sooner rather than waiting for them to appear on any future NWCL hop. A new sports village is proposed for the whole site including a new 3G football stadium for AFC Blackpool.

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Jun 17, 2019, 8:39 AM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #20 of 23 (2702 views)
Shortcut

Sorry if posted elsewhere but noticed a piece in this weeks Surrey Advertiser that Elmbridge Borough Council didn't have proper planning permission and may need to demolish the Sports Hub where Walton Casuals and Walton and Hersham play. They're appealing and the 2 clubs can play there until the appeal is heard. May just be over the top a bit but worrying nevertheless

Swindon Addick
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 13, 2019, 11:44 AM

Team(s): Cambridge City, Charlton Athletic

Post #21 of 23 (1885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Slightly off-topic, but relevant for those who missed Northampton Spencer when they closed down a few years ago: Northampton Town have announced that their Ladies 1st team will be playing at Kingsthorpe Mill this season.

Cambridge City - on a tour of places we've never heard of and can't spell.

BDC0652
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 27, 2019, 9:56 PM

Team(s): Earsham & Norwich City

Post #22 of 23 (1210 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Swindon Addick] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Went to Fulwood Amateurs today, which turned out to be the last 1st team game at the ground, in the current format.

Part of the ground has been sold and the pitch is being moved to the top of the field and the halfway line will become the new goal line.

Because of the sale, the 1st, Res and U21s will all play up the road at the same complex PNE Yth play.

All stands will be lost, though the changing rooms will be retained and a 3g pitch being laid.

Not all is lost, the u18s will continue to play there until building work starts.

Jimbo
Youth Team Regular

Aug 11, 2019, 7:19 PM

Team(s):

Post #23 of 23 (644 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDC0652] Grounds for Concern 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Litherland REMYCA are hoping to be leaving Litherland Sports Park before too long. Should everything progress according to plan, their new home shall be at the PlayFootball facility (formerly the Civil Service Club), Drummond Road, Thornton. The Liverpool County FA are looking to shift operations there from their current headquarters at Walton Hall Park. In doing so, they shall develop the site - which currently consists of four unlit full-sized pitches alongside small-sided facilities - constructing (amongst other things) a Step 4-compliant ground. Whilst no definite timeline is in place, some of the more optimistic officials that I spoke to are hopeful that they can make the move at some point during the 2020-21 campaign.
REMYCA have actually played at the location previously. In its present guise it has hosted numerous Step 7 clubs.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3