2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 7, 2019, 8:12 AM

Team(s):

Post #26 of 224 (10449 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Jersey Football Combination formed on Tuesday 10th June 1975 will become the Jersey F.A. Combination League
for 2019-20 subject to formal ratification

Fatboyfat
Reserve Team Star

Jun 7, 2019, 4:31 PM

Post #27 of 224 (10066 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In the Central Midlands league, perennial strugglers Cromford have merged with local rivals Wirksworth Town to become....wait for it....Cromford and Wirksworth Town.

The new club will be based at Cromford’s old Ground at Cromford Meadows.

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 7, 2019, 5:12 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #28 of 224 (10009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fatboyfat] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
In the Central Midlands league, perennial strugglers Cromford have merged with local rivals Wirksworth Town to become....wait for it....Cromford and Wirksworth Town.

The new club will be based at Cromford’s old Ground at Cromford Meadows.

I'd have thought it would make more sense for the two Wirksworth clubs to merge. They're in the same division, from the same town.

But no Town have merged with...Cromford?

Northumbrian
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 9, 2019, 6:33 PM

Team(s): Ponteland Utd, Newcastle Utd

Post #29 of 224 (9350 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Change of name and league -
Morpeth Mighty Oaks have renamed themselves Ashington Oaks and are moving from the North Eastern Christian Fellowship League to the North East Combination League (the replacement league of the Newcastle Corinthians League).
Presumably they’re moving from Morpeth to Ashington too.

Sarumio

Jun 10, 2019, 10:40 AM

Post #30 of 224 (8934 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Northumbrian] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Now that the step 7 lineups have been released, here is a summary of the changes at Steps 1-7.

A quieter year than has been the ase the past few seasons.

Closures
Bradford Olympic
Great Baddow
Harton & Westoe Colliery Welfare

Name Changes
AFC Emley change their name to Emley
AFC Hornchurch change their name to Hornchurch
Bretton North End change their name to Peterborough North End Sports
East Yorkshire Carnegie change their name to East Hull
Enfield 1893 change their name to Enfield
Eynesbury Rovers Reserves change their name to Eynesbury United
St. Stephen’s Borough change their name to Saltash Borough
The Newcastle Corinthians League has changed it name to the Northeastern Combination

Mergers
Aylesbury and Bedgrove Dynamos merge to form Aylesbury Vale Dynamos
Ball Haye Green absorb Staffordshire Moorlands
Bretton North End and Peterborough Sports development section have merged to form Peterborough North End Sports
Cronies and Topsham Town merge to form Topsham Cronies
North Ferriby Athletic have merged into North Ferriby as their reserve side (North Ferriby Reserves)

Unknown Status
Bedmond Sports (not showing in Herts Senior County Prem despite avoiding relegation)
Bushey Sports (not showing in Herts Senior County Prem despite finishing third last term)
Headingley (not showing in the West Yorkshire League despite not finish in the relegation zone)
Hedinghams United (not showing in Essex & Suffolk Border League Prem – despite avoiding bottom two)
Welbeck Lions (resigned from the Central Mids, uncertain if joining another league)
Wormingford Wanderers (not showing in Essex & Suffolk Border League Prem – despite avoiding bottom two)

Leagues closing
The Andover & District League and Salisbury & District League (Saturday section) have merged (new league name not yet revealed
St Edmundsbury League closes down
Tyneside Amateur League is absorbed into the Northern Alliance as its new Division Three
West Riding County Amateur League closes down (with the bulk of its remaining clubs joining the Yorkshire Amateur League)

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Jun 10, 2019, 11:44 AM

Team(s): Various

Post #31 of 224 (8830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Strong rumours that the Topsham Town & Cronies merger maybe OFF ! Will know more Tuesday night at Devon League clubs get together !

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

Sarumio

Jun 10, 2019, 1:41 PM

Post #32 of 224 (8654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SWP-Phil] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Strong rumours that the Topsham Town & Cronies merger maybe OFF ! Will know more Tuesday night at Devon League clubs get together !

So in the event of the merger being off, who would take up the place in the SWPL? Cronies or Topsham.

From what I have read the merger was of mutual benefit. Cronies had the team, but not the ground, Topsham had the ground, but not the team.

As promotions into the new SWPL setup seemingly don't take into account that you're actually rubbish at playing football (I.e. Watcombe Wanderers at present) and is entirely bsed on the ground you play at, I'd assume Topsham Town will take it, alone?

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Jun 10, 2019, 2:09 PM

Post #33 of 224 (8606 views)
Shortcut

Neither will be in the SWPL as we are now only running Step 6.

The new Devon League had previously had applications from both Cronies and Topsham Town prior to the talk of a merger, will find out if both wish still to proceed at the Devon League meeting on Tuesday.

Was there really any need for the comment (and error that its "the new SWP set up") about being "actually rubbish at playing football" ?

Thought this forum was better than that.

Sarumio

Jun 10, 2019, 2:29 PM

Post #34 of 224 (8575 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SWP-Phil] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Neither will be in the SWPL as we are now only running Step 6.

The new Devon League had previously had applications from both Cronies and Topsham Town prior to the talk of a merger, will find out if both wish still to proceed at the Devon League meeting on Tuesday.

Was there really any need for the comment (and error that its "the new SWP set up") about being "actually rubbish at playing football" ?

Thought this forum was better than that.

Apologies for getting the SWPL and the new Devon setup mixed up.

But I'd say my other comment that you've take offence to was a fair comment. I'm not the one that's just created two new unnecessary divisions at Step 7 for Devon and has had to drag some of the dregs from Devon's feeder league's to fill it.

Relatively speaking as a Step 8 Premier Division side last season, Watcombe weren't very good at playing football!

southend statto
First Team Star

Jun 10, 2019, 7:40 PM

Team(s): most of my local sides

Post #35 of 224 (8311 views)
Shortcut

Hi, both Headinghams United and Wormingford Wanderers have dropped down a division to the E&SBL1.

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Jun 12, 2019, 10:45 AM

Post #36 of 224 (7706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [southend statto] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Confirmed that Topsham Town & Cronies merger is NOT happening.

Topsham Town will be playing in the new Devon League but Cronies will not be.

I understand that talks are ongoing to determine if the previous groundshare where Cronies played Home games at Topsham (in the Devon & Exeter) will still continue.

(This post was edited by SWP-Phil on Jun 12, 2019, 10:45 AM)

andymac
Youth Team Sub

Jun 12, 2019, 11:30 AM

Team(s): Stoke City, Market Drayton Tigers

Post #37 of 224 (7623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fatboyfat] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Staffs County league side (and former WMRL members) Red Star Alma were talking of folding a few weeks ago, after their backer pulled out and they had no ground to play on.

It now seems the are to keep going as Bloxwich United, but no details as yet of what league they will play in, or where.

Looks like they are staying in SCSL. Don't where they will be playing

andymac

kirby knitters

Jun 12, 2019, 11:33 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #38 of 224 (7615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andymac] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Another Bloxwich United from other named clubs.

paulh66

Jun 12, 2019, 5:14 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #39 of 224 (7158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

One to keep an eye on - per Combined Counties website: "We are awaiting confirmation of a name change, namely Kensington Borough to be re-named Kensington & Ealing Borough." Still playing at Leatherhead, Surrey, though...Crazy

bakis
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 12, 2019, 6:05 PM

Team(s): Kidderminster Harriers

Post #40 of 224 (7099 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Should perhaps have included Hammersmith for geographical completeness.

andymac
Youth Team Sub

Jun 13, 2019, 11:29 PM

Team(s): Stoke City, Market Drayton Tigers

Post #41 of 224 (6382 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakis] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looking at the "proof copy" of SCSL handbook that I have received, it appears that Bloxwich, nee Red Star Alma will be playing at the same ground as last season, Old Red Lion Ground.

andymac

paulh66

Jun 14, 2019, 11:43 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #42 of 224 (6064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
One to keep an eye on - per Combined Counties website: "We are awaiting confirmation of a name change, namely Kensington Borough to be re-named Kensington & Ealing Borough." Still playing at Leatherhead, Surrey, though...Crazy

The league has now confirmed this change of name (Hammersmith will have to wait..).

villan
First Team Star

Jun 14, 2019, 2:17 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #43 of 224 (5915 views)
Shortcut

Hi Paul, perhaps, if they intend to continue playing at Leatherhead, then there are a few more Borough names they could add to their name. They could challenge for longest club name in football??? Talking of Leatherhead did I read on here somewhere that they could move at some stage to River Lane or is that just a 4G cage etc & used by Leatherhead Youth. Is it same venue though presumably much changed used by Mole Valley in Coco about 10 years ago. Do any adult teams use it now. Sorry off topic but just popped into my head.

End 2018-19, Total Grounds 1427

New grounds 2019-20. 25

paulh66

Jun 14, 2019, 3:41 PM

Post #44 of 224 (5828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villan] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Smile

There was a suggestion a while ago that Leatherhead may move to River Lane, where their youth set-up is based, but they subsequently committed to staying at Fetcham Grove. Dave 56 will know better than me if the idea might be resurrected but I suspect it's now dead.

The River Lane ground is indeed the old Combined Counties ground of Mole Valley and it is much changed. Floodlit and 3G, spectator access down one side but there are two seated stands (same unusual design as at Team Solent) and a decent little clubhouse. A very good little set up. I don't think any other adult clubs use it but I could be mistaken, again Dave 56 is the man.

(EDIT: Leatherhead have occasionally played pre-season friendlies at River Lane so, if anyone's really keen to get there for an adult game, keep an eye on this summer's schedule).

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jun 14, 2019, 4:03 PM)

villan
First Team Star

Jun 14, 2019, 4:32 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #45 of 224 (5765 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Paul

End 2018-19, Total Grounds 1427

New grounds 2019-20. 25

HarryC
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 16, 2019, 7:28 AM

Team(s): Fleet, Aldershot, Chelsea

Post #46 of 224 (5233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Wessex Premier, Team Solent are shown as Solent University in the fixture list

BDA_85
First Team Star

Jun 17, 2019, 1:31 PM

Post #47 of 224 (4610 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HarryC] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I thought there was a ruling around not having "university" in a teams name. May have completely misunderstood that myself though.

kirby knitters

Jun 17, 2019, 2:22 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #48 of 224 (4546 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I thought there was a ruling around not having "university" in a teams name. May have completely misunderstood that myself though.

So must Loughborough then. Wink

Richard Rundle

Jun 17, 2019, 3:25 PM

Post #49 of 224 (4457 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

No but there is a restriction on how high University sides can go in the NLS, I troduced after Team Bath. Seemed a silly rule to me at the time and it still does.

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Jun 17, 2019, 4:28 PM

Post #50 of 224 (4401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] 2019-20 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not allowed higher than Step 5 unless a truly seperate club.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3