Brunel University

GroundhoppingFC
Junior Team Regular

Jun 16, 2019, 5:45 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 6 (1471 views)
Shortcut
Brunel University Can't Post or Reply Privately

Has anyone on here visited for a Pre Season match in the past, and if so what pitch is likely to be used for pre season friendlies? On the 6th July there's a possible double with Broadfields United vs Chesham United 11am ko at Rectory Park and AFC Hayes vs Harefield 3pm ko at Brunel

https://www.youtube.com/...tbBuesG6DhHNZZM-SVyA
Newest Ground: Haywards Mead (Eton Wick FC)
Amount of Grounds visited: 158

APL
First Team Star

Jun 17, 2019, 12:16 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1314 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GroundhoppingFC] Brunel University [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Has anyone on here visited for a Pre Season match in the past, and if so what pitch is likely to be used for pre season friendlies? On the 6th July there's a possible double with Broadfields United vs Chesham United 11am ko at Rectory Park and AFC Hayes vs Harefield 3pm ko at Brunel

I saw the University team play there in the BUCS competition, rather than a PSF.
I phoned the reception of the Sports Park on the morning of the match and was told which pitch was being used.
To save you the two second job of googling the info, which was what I did when I went.....01895 265608

2019/20
England 1-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-2-3

2018/19
Belgium (Pyramid = 1,498 1st teams) 0-0-1-9-7-17-175-313-259

http://www.hoppingacrossthepond.com

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 22, 2019, 12:48 AM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #3 of 6 (950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [APL] Brunel University [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Would be surprised if this game is being played anywhere other than the pitch inside the athletics track, where I saw Old Southall v Club Lewsey in the FA Sunday Cup last December, and is also home of Middlesex League Hillingdon FC. There is also a 3G cage on site which looked a bit worn on my visit.

Other doubles in the vicinity on the same day:
Hadley v Kings Langley - 1200 noon at Barnet Lane, presumably the playing fields behind the old Underhill ground. Also rugby league London Broncos v Warrington Wolves at 3pm.

agamemnon3
Youth Team Sub

Jun 22, 2019, 3:05 AM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 6 (925 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GroundhoppingFC] Brunel University [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As Cherryhopper says, this will almost certainly be inside the athletics track on Kingston Lane, as that is the pitch the University prefer to hire out. You should be aware that there are no spectator facilities there at all.

if you attempt to double it up with Hadley, then 'Barnet Lane' is the old home of Old Stationers' FC, and is now owned by Wingate & Finchley FC. It is a 3G facility inside a cage.

Cleeve
Youth Team Regular

Jun 22, 2019, 2:16 PM

Post #5 of 6 (770 views)
Shortcut

I saw Harefield v Northwood in a PSF last season and this was played ar Pield Heath - a large featureless field at least a 5 minute walk from the pavilion.

Chelsea Spud
Youth Team Regular

Jul 1, 2019, 5:46 AM

Team(s): Chelsea

Post #6 of 6 (477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [agamemnon3] Brunel University [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

When I went 2 years ago, they played past the Athletics track down the end of the road turn right and was on the left hand side (A field with 2 pitches)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3