Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Monday 17th June 2019

LeedsPhil
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 17, 2019, 11:01 PM

Team(s): Leeds + groundhopping

Post #1 of 7 (1901 views)
Shortcut
Monday 17th June 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Banchory Youth 0-2 Banchory Thistle
Mid Deeside Summer League

at Silverbank, Banchory

f&n, h/c 86

Now then! Banchory Youth have played out of Knockburn, on the far outskirts of the town (also very occasionally used by Aberdeenshire Amateurs winter-football Banchory Amateurs) and in this league's season-long fixture card their games were again listed as at Knockburn. But in yesterday's League facebook posting of this week's fixtures, Silverbank was declared for this, Youth's first Home match of the season. Asking a club official tonight, this will be their home venue henceforth, not just a one-off tonight. It's an end-on pitch below the road on the way into the town, opposite the Morrison's petrol station. Flat grass standing on the other three sides, that near end provides the best elevated viewpoint. That or the upstairs window of one of the houses at the other end, as somebody was watching from.

I'd seen these two local rivals face each other the other way round last Monday, in a cup. Thistle had easily beaten Youth that night.
A much closer encounter in this league match, both sides on 100% league records - 3 wins from 3 in a six-match season (each play the other six only once, not H&A).
In a tense affair, the visitors took the lead from a 19th-minute pen. Not until the 73rd was the outcome sealed, courtesy of a cross getting a wicked deflection off a defender that deceived the young keeper, stepping up to this level for the first time according to his Mum and girlfriend who were stood alongside me, the two ladies starting chatting to me - there's a first time for everything! The main concern his mother had was who had chosen white shorts for the kit - how was she supposed to get the grass stains out of them?!

All still to play for but this result may well have decided the title - shame the rest of the league are a bit unreliable, third-placed Tarland were the latest unable to raise an XI tonight, so their fixture at Ballater was w/o-scr awarded.

5 down, 2 to go - the next one in this league on Friday.

(This post was edited by LeedsPhil on Jun 17, 2019, 11:47 PM)

Wiretown.Editor
First Team Regular

Jun 18, 2019, 12:12 AM

Team(s): Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Tn, Warrington Wolves

Post #2 of 7 (1851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Monday 17th June 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Llandyrnog & District Village Clubs Summer League
Ysceifiog 2 Henllan 5
No admission, prof or refreshments
Att 35 appx.

An excellent game. Henllan led by two but Ysceifiog pulled one back. It then went 1-3, 2-3 and eventually 2-5 with some fabulous finishes for most of the goals. Most enjoyable spent mainly in the company of Tim and Mark plus saw John right at the end not having noticed him until late on. The win keeps Henllan in with a shout of the title. They were three points behind the leaders Llangynhafl before tonight's games.

Post match I called in at The Colemendy Arms in Cadole. Superb as always with 1648 Three Threads being excellent. Also tasted Grey Trees/Purple Moose Apollo 50. Three others were on offer.

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 18, 2019, 7:35 AM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 7 (1752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Monday 17th June 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Inter-Island Games Day 2

Monday 17th June 2019

3.30 at Bodedern
Guernsey Men 2 (Keanu Marsh 20, Sam Hall 42); Shetland 1 (Calvin Leask 54) att 208

6.00 at Llanerchymedd
Isle of Man Women 2 (Kym Hicklin 17, Sarah Wignall 83); Gibraltar 1 (Shania Robba 4) att 89

6.30 at Amlwch
Ynys Mon Women 2 (Lexi Musgrave 65, Jordanne Greenhough 75); Hitra 3 (Kistin Jorgensen (2) 15, 25, Lina Selvag 55) att?

6.30 at Llangefni
Isle of Man Men 7 (Stephen Whitley 29, Furo Davies (2, 1 pen) 32 pen, 44, Ashley Higginbotham (2) 58, 83, Lee Gale 60, Jacob Crook 65); Hitra 1 (Stian Kristiansen 35) att ?

6.30 at Gwalchmai
Ynys Mon Men 3 (Jay Gibbs 17, Melvin McGinness 36, Sam Jones pen 87); Orkney 1 (Liam Delday 44) att ?

6.30 at Glantraeth
Jersey Men 7 (Kieran Lester (2) 12, 26, Sol Solomon (4, 1 pen, 41, 73, 80 pen, 89, Karl Hinds pen 63), Western Isles 0 att ?

(This post was edited by John Treleven on Jun 18, 2019, 7:53 AM)

pinewoodste
First Team Star

Jun 18, 2019, 11:13 PM

Team(s): Whoever plays Ipswich Town

Post #4 of 7 (1368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] Monday 17th June 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I left my b&b & had a wander round Holyhead before driving to the RSPB car park close to South Stack. I enjoyed the scenery & birdlife as I made my way onto South Stack although a couple of times it was a bit scary due to the wind. I then visited the nicest town/village I came across on the island IMO, Trearddur Bay. As I came across the ground St Helena were about to have a training session. I then visited the ground of Gwalchmai which was my other choice for the evening game. I didnít have details of where the ground was but luckily the guy I asked advised me to follow him as he was going past the ground. After this I headed for the first game of the day.

Guernsey 2 Shetland Islands 1 @ Bodedern Athletic

Fully railed. One side you have to almost breathe in as itís narrow in front of a rock wall. Behind are buildings. H/s path in areas & in corner behind one goal is a lorry container which has been converted & now has 2 rows of blue seats which are slightly elevated.

Sunny & windy three sides, the wall side of the pitch was less windy & it was almost mild.
GUE lead 2-0 thanks to a late goal just before h/t. I was expecting a bit more from them but SI looked lively but didnít really look like scoring. Shots 3-4.
H/t lasted over 15mins.
SI were awarded a penalty which was saved but the rebound was converted. GUE had a shot saved but didnít have much to worry them about an SI equaliser. Shots 4-3. This game also had headcounts around the 160 mark but the Ďofficialí attendance looked a bit too high being over 200.

I then made my way to my last game of my season, game 115.

Ynys Mon 3 Orkney Islands 1 @ Gwalchmai

I chose this match over the one at Glantraeth partly due to there being more cover despite not looking like rain but also I felt this might just be less of a hammering. The mountains were a little bit further away here than the other ground.

Railed except where the dugouts & where the three covered stands which all have 4 rows of terracing in them. H/s path. One stand is in one half while opposite has one stand just inside each half.

Sunny but windy except opposite entrance where it wasnít so bad. The wind was cool but towards the end was cold.
YM had three shots saved & one off target. Also in the first minute they had an effort cleared off the line. They lead 2-0 before OI surprised everyone by scoring just before h/t. Shots 13-1.
H/t lasted under 17mins. On 66mins OI shouldíve equalised as firstly a clear chance was saved & the rebound was then stopped on the line. YM had a couple of efforts off target & hit the post before securing the win after converting a penalty. Shots 8-3.

I really enjoyed this trip although it wouldíve been nice if the weather resembled something like summer. When I stopped at Telford Services it was so nice not to feel any wind. Although I enjoyed the games it wouldíve been better if most of them werenít so one-sided.

I often had MonFM radio station on & they appeared to have live commentaries of their games. I heard a bit of the womenís game on Sunday before my second game. Even Sunday night they gave the result of the Alderney v Hitra game.

I was pleased to reach Llangollen just before it was getting dark. No closures on the M6 but two on the A14 which saw me get home even later than expected so not much sleep before I had to get up for work.

buckielugger
Youth Team Star

Jun 19, 2019, 9:03 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 7 (1039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] Monday 17th June 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

40 watching IOM v Hitra men at Llangefni.
Crowd obviously affected by several games all being played concurrently including hosts Ynys Mon.
Plus any groundhoppers who hadn't been to Llangefni most likely would have gone on the Sunday morning.

Entertaining match though, IOM clearly very strong at this level. Will they get into FIFA/UEFA in due course??

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 20, 2019, 9:03 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #6 of 7 (948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buckielugger] Monday 17th June 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Will they get into FIFA/UEFA in due course??

Unlikely

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 22, 2019, 12:55 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #7 of 7 (500 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Monday 17th June 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also at:

Guernsey 2 Shetland Isles 1 @ Bodedern Athletic

Described nicely above. Super little ground in the middle of nowhere. Plenty of good company.

And also at:

Ysceifiog 2 Henllan 5

Probably the best summer league game I've seen yet - very good quality battle between two decent sides and some cracking goals.

Played at Ysceifiog's new home at Brynford Common. Super ground in lovely surroundings - railed all round and nicely enclosed. Good company from Mark and Wiretown.Editor made for a fine end to my North Wales trip.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3