Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Next Prime Minister?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

007Dale
First Team Star

Jun 16, 2019, 6:43 AM

Post #126 of 313 (1051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Esther McVey (unsurprisingly) decides to back Boris.

canary fan
Junior Team Regular

Jun 16, 2019, 7:20 AM

Post #127 of 313 (1043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This is the same newspaper that predicted the tories would win 400 seats at the 2017 election, with a majority of 150. How did that turn out?

(This post was edited by canary fan on Jun 16, 2019, 9:43 AM)

007Dale
First Team Star

Jun 17, 2019, 12:12 AM

Post #128 of 313 (961 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Esther McVey (unsurprisingly) decides to back Boris.

Matt Hancock clearly harbours hopes of remaining as health secretary; heís just come out in support of Boris.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 17, 2019, 1:25 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #129 of 313 (882 views)
Shortcut

I hope Boris Johnson becomes the next Tory leader. Surely the public are not so dumb that they would vote Conservative led by Johnson at the next general election, or are they?

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 17, 2019, 1:52 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #130 of 313 (865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Much the same was said about Trump until they saw the calbre of his opponent. Deja vu.

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 17, 2019, 1:55 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia MŲnchengladbach

Post #131 of 313 (864 views)
Shortcut

I see Borisís private life is starting seep out & the fact that he admits to having 4 kids. But a court case a few years ago proved he had a 5th in a extra marital affair. But thereís a 6th with another woman & heís refusing to talk about it. Has he got the moral compass to be the prime minister?

007Dale
First Team Star

Jun 17, 2019, 2:01 PM

Post #132 of 313 (857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I see Borisís private life is starting seep out & the fact that he admits to having 4 kids. But a court case a few years ago proved he had a 5th in a extra marital affair. But thereís a 6th with another woman & heís refusing to talk about it. Has he got the moral compass to be the prime minister?

We seem to be moving away from a world where personal life has an impact on your political career.

The rule seems to be, do what you like, preferably not illegal, but just DONíT lie about it!

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 17, 2019, 5:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #133 of 313 (829 views)
Shortcut

For those that read Private Eye the 'Classic Comedy Sketch Rediscovered' on p94 had me in stitches and just about sums up the Tory leadership contest.
For those that don't it has the four Yorshiremen from Monty Python discussing Brexit. Starts off with us leaving on Oct 31st but the EU paying us £39 billion and progresses through to us executing the Royal family, siezing control of the army and t'utilities and nuking Paris and Berlin so we get a good trade deal.
"and if you don't do that you'll end up with a Corbyn Government in..... but you tell the young people that, they won't believe you"

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 17, 2019, 5:50 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia MŲnchengladbach

Post #134 of 313 (824 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

We seem to be moving away from a world where personal life has an impact on your political career.

The rule seems to be, do what you like, preferably not illegal, but just DONíT lie about it!

Iím sure if it was Corbynís personal life, heíd have been hung out to dry by the right wing press. But because Boris is part of that right wing press & this wonít get the same headlines. I wonder how many times Boris has failed to keep it in his trousers & with how many women?

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 18, 2019, 9:45 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #135 of 313 (758 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

How ironic. As we leave the EU we adopt the French attitude towards privacy.

007Dale
First Team Star

Jun 18, 2019, 6:33 PM

Post #136 of 313 (709 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TroubleAtMill] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Next Conservative Leader will be Male

All 313 Tory MPs voted,
Boris Johnson - 114
Jeremy Hunt - 43
Michael Gove - 37
Dominic Raab - 27
Sajid Javid - 23
Matt Hancock - 20
Rory Stewart - 19
----------------------- Elimination line

Andrea Leadsom - 11
Mark Harper - 10
Esther McVey - 9

Boris Johnson - 126 (+12)
Jeremy Hunt - 46 (+3)
Michael Gove - 41 (+4)
Rory Stewart - 37 (+18)
Sajid Javid - 33 (+10)
Dominic Raab - 30 (+3) Eliminated.

Interesting that enough people voted to get Sajid and Rory across the line, wouldnít be surprised to see that change tomorrow.

One assumes a large chunk of Raab supporters will head to Boris.

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 18, 2019, 10:10 PM

Team(s):

Post #137 of 313 (672 views)
Shortcut

My goodness that was just awful tonight wasn't it.
Johnson had clearly been coached to memorise a handful of short speeches on topics likely to come up and ploughed through them despite interruptions along the lines of 'can you answer the question' and 'we know all that but that isn't the question'
Gove is just a horrible weasel, he apparently is the only one with a plan and that plan appears to be to knock Corbyn at every opportunity. I can't help but think of Baldrick every time he mentions his 'plan'.

Stewart thinking being sensible is a vote winner in the Tory environment that he lives in is quite obviously foolish. He is clearly in the wrong party.
Hunt is just another grey man, John Major Mark 2. He is careful to say nothing much at all, it's obvious this all just an interview for a job in Johnsons cabinet for him.
Javid... well I can't remember anything he said, he'll be out tomorrow anyway.
Never mind Brexit, these people have been in Government for 10 years and have overseen and voted for the policies that has left the country in the state it is in. It's a bit late now to believe they have the will to want to put it right.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 18, 2019, 10:37 PM

Post #138 of 313 (661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well, What did you expect to happen in a debate between four men denying reality & one acknowledging the reality his own partyís membership furiously reject? Facts left the building three years ago.

I need to have the last word, as it always looks as if I am right !

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 18, 2019, 11:06 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #139 of 313 (643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Reading this thread I take it there are very few forum members in a position to vote for the next PM... One here. Wink

007Dale
First Team Star

Jun 19, 2019, 5:55 AM

Post #140 of 313 (604 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I thought the BBC picked the questions to deliberately try and get at Boris.

Heís bound to have baggage, London Mayor for eight years, Foreign Secretary for two, whereas politically what has the likes of Rory Stewart done?

I donít have a vote, but if I did, it would be Boris every day of the week.

Yatesman
First Team Regular

Jun 19, 2019, 7:18 AM

Team(s):

Post #141 of 313 (594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
For those that read Private Eye the 'Classic Comedy Sketch Rediscovered' on p94 had me in stitches and just about sums up the Tory leadership contest.
For those that don't it has the four Yorshiremen from Monty Python discussing Brexit. Starts off with us leaving on Oct 31st but the EU paying us £39 billion and progresses through to us executing the Royal family, siezing control of the army and t'utilities and nuking Paris and Berlin so we get a good trade deal.
"and if you don't do that you'll end up with a Corbyn Government in..... but you tell the young people that, they won't believe you"

Monty Python would have done it better!

Yatesman
First Team Regular

Jun 19, 2019, 7:25 AM

Team(s):

Post #142 of 313 (590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Obviously the ladies like him.

I don't think it matters how many 'ladies' he's taken around the back of the bike sheds.

Surely, in 2019, that is completely irrelevant to his political persona.

We've al led colourful lives in one way or another, I'm sure!

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 19, 2019, 8:51 AM

Post #143 of 313 (558 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It wouldn't surprise me if Rory Stewart the candidate who appears to want to throw us over the cliff the least out of all the others, might get squeezed out by tactical voting.
Johnson is certain for the final 2, so expect some of Johnsons supporters to go for Javid this time.

007Dale
First Team Star

Jun 19, 2019, 10:10 AM

Post #144 of 313 (529 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I donít think Rory did particularly well yesterday. Whilst itís Ok to say that heís not promising more spending or tax cuts, he didnít give us a sense of what his priorities are if there is any money left.

So weíre really clear what Boris will do on taxes (like it or not), when / if he can afford it.

Jeremy Hunt said heíd increase the threshold for NI.

One of the others mentioned lowering the basic rate of tax.

At some point, people need to know what you stand for, even if you canít promise it, depending on economic circumstances

And donít get me started on him trying to get Mayís Brexit deal through a fourth time....

007Dale
First Team Star

Jun 19, 2019, 1:45 PM

Post #145 of 313 (480 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I thought the BBC picked the questions to deliberately try and get at Boris.

Heís bound to have baggage, London Mayor for eight years, Foreign Secretary for two, whereas politically what has the likes of Rory Stewart done?

I donít have a vote, but if I did, it would be Boris every day of the week.

And as if to prove the point, in an effort to embarrass Boris and call him a racist, the BBC got a racist to ask the question. That man has been sacked this morning as anti-semetic tweets emerge.

jon b
First Team Star

Jun 19, 2019, 5:37 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #146 of 313 (425 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Reading this thread I take it there are very few forum members in a position to vote for the next PM... One here. Wink

And, according to Post 9 on this thread, it's Boris for you. Cool

jon b
First Team Star

Jun 19, 2019, 5:51 PM

Post #147 of 313 (419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] Next Prime Minister? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Obviously the ladies like him.

I don't think it matters how many 'ladies' he's taken around the back of the bike sheds.

Surely, in 2019, that is completely irrelevant to his political persona.

We've al led colourful lives in one way or another, I'm sure!

I don't expect any of us are all that interested in Johnson's love life.

I suppose the only relevance is that he has a track record of letting down and deceiving even those closest to him.

It reminds me of something David Niven said about his friend Errol Flynn. He told how "You always knew where you stood with Errol. He would always let you down".

jon b
First Team Star

Jun 19, 2019, 6:24 PM

Post #148 of 313 (404 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Jonathan Pie did a great spoof news item on the Tory leadership race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hrTK-OWYIs

Contains bad language

These days, when any politician comes on screen, so do I. Frown

007Dale
First Team Star

Jun 19, 2019, 7:02 PM

Post #149 of 313 (389 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
Next Conservative Leader will be Male

All 313 Tory MPs voted,
Boris Johnson - 114
Jeremy Hunt - 43
Michael Gove - 37
Dominic Raab - 27
Sajid Javid - 23
Matt Hancock - 20
Rory Stewart - 19
----------------------- Elimination line

Andrea Leadsom - 11
Mark Harper - 10
Esther McVey - 9

Boris Johnson - 126 (+12)
Jeremy Hunt - 46 (+3)
Michael Gove - 41 (+4)
Rory Stewart - 37 (+18)
Sajid Javid - 33 (+10)
Dominic Raab - 30 (+3) Eliminated.

Interesting that enough people voted to get Sajid and Rory across the line, wouldnít be surprised to see that change tomorrow.

One assumes a large chunk of Raab supporters will head to Boris.

Boris Johnson - 143 (up 17)
Jeremy Hunt - 54 (up 8)
Michael Gove - 51 (up 10)
Sajid Javid - 38 (up 5)
Rory Stewart - 27 (down 10) - Eliminated

After a very poor showing at the debate yesterday, Rory Stewart loses 10 votes. Hopes of a cabinet position fade.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 19, 2019, 7:20 PM

Post #150 of 313 (377 views)
Shortcut

Boris Johnson - 143 (up 17)
Jeremy Hunt - 54 (up 8)
Michael Gove - 51 (up 10)
Sajid Javid - 38 (up 5)
Rory Stewart - 27 (down 10) - Eliminated

After a very poor showing at the debate yesterday, Rory Stewart loses 10 votes. Hopes of a cabinet position fade.

He Would never serve under Johnson.
He is obviously too good for the Tory party!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3