Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Where are you going - where did you go? OTHER SPORTS!!

First page Previous page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Next page Last page  View All

mxhornet
First Team Star

Jul 2, 2019, 7:15 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #726 of 754 (2333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Thursday 28-03-19 8pm
L & B Vixens - 27 Firebirds Black - 11
Central Venue Norwich Summer League
City Academy Norwich

Umpired this game, a low scoring drawn first quarter (3-3) by half time this had become (7-7), Vixens were boosted by the addition of a couple players who had been playing elsewhere at 7 for the third quarter and started to take control 15-10 by the end of the quarter and 27-11 by full time.

Whoops date should be 27-06-19

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 2, 2019, 10:41 AM

Post #727 of 754 (2324 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] Netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sunday 30th June 2019
Boston Red Sox 8 New York Yankee’s 12
MLB - London Stadium
Admission £60 programme £10
Att; 59,059

Also at this, a very very enjoyable day out, my first MLB game (my only previous baseball expereince had been some matches in the 2000 Olympics) and completes for me the set of having seen games in the NFL, NBA & NHL.

A very fair summing up of the match. After previous experiences I decided not to back to Stratford station but to Hackney Wick, and just missed a train as there is now a new entrance to the station on the other side of where I'm sure I last entered the station a couple of summers ago.

Richard Rundle

Jul 2, 2019, 11:16 AM

Post #728 of 754 (2318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wimbledon Tennis Championships, Day 1
Ground Pass £25, Programme £10 (didn't bother), decent range of food options available and considerably cheaper prices than the baseball yesterday. Also didn't buy a Wimbledon Towel at £34!

A bit of a add-on to my trip to the Baseball yesterday, I hadn't been to Wimbledon for several years so while I was in London, and the weather was set fair it was up very early in the morning and down to SW19 to join the queue which was very professionally organised indeed.

Getting in at about 10:45 it was straight down to Court 12 to see Heather Watson win a match thas was competitive for a set and a bit against 17-year old American qualifier Caty McNally. I knew nothing about McNally before hand but turns out she was the runner-up in the French Open Juniors to Cori Gauff, who I also knew very little about before yesterday but of course went on to beat Venus Williams at the age of just 15! I spent some time at this match talking to Myah Petchey, daughter of former GB player Mark Petchey. Myah is one of our top ten female junior players and will be playing in the qualifying competition for the Girls Singles.

Staying on Court 12 I took in the first set and a half of an all-Canadian match (on Canada Day) between Félix Auger-Aliassime and Vasek Pospisil. Auger-Aliassime is being touted as the next big thing in men's tennis, and fared better than two others who have had that tag recently in Alexander Zverev and Stefanos Tsisipas who both went out in Round 1. Posipil took a lengthy first set before the youngster took control.

I left that partway through set 2 and wandered off through the grounds to catch a set or so from a few other matches, Ivo Karlovic is 40 now but still has almost all of his serving power left and he beat an Italian qualifier in straight sets. Another former "Next big thing" was Gregor Dimitrov and I saw him race through the first set against Corentin Moutet of France and was very surprised later to see Moutet had won in five sets.

A little bit of a few women's matches in passing around, no big names, perhaps the best known would be the reigining Olympic champion Monica Puig before back to Court 12 and the final set and a bit of 2016 runner-up (and another Canadian) Milos Raonic who dispatched India's Prajnesh Gunneswaran and the final match of the day involved former World Number 1 and double Aussie Open winner Victoria Azarenka against France's Alizé Cornet. This was a really entertaining contest with Azarenka winning in two 6-4 sets. I initially went into this favouring Cornet, but warmed to Azarenka as the match went on, she was the only player I can recall who would interact with the ball boys/girls when getting balls or her towel off them, and at one point audlbly apologised to one when, after rejecting a ball, she tapped it back to the centre of the baseline rather than to one of the corners where the ball kids are. If only she'd cut out the grunting!

All in all a very good day and if I'm in London at the same time next year and the weather forecast was good I'd definitely go back.

mxhornet
First Team Star

Jul 5, 2019, 6:56 AM

Post #729 of 754 (2161 views)
Shortcut

Thursday 04-07-19 7pm
Thoroughbreds Ponies - 21 Norwich School - 34
Norwich & District Summer League Division Seven
Old Catton Recreation Ground

My first time umpiring at this level and my IOA assessment, which determine whether I could move up to umpire this division and the two above it.
After a drawn first quarter (10 all), NS edged ahead by half time (17-15) before a dominant third quarter put them in a commanding position at 26-17 up. They went further ahead in the last quarter to win comfortably.
I failed my assessment and will need to try again in the winter season, it's almost time for netball's summer break.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

mxhornet
First Team Star

Jul 9, 2019, 2:32 PM

Post #730 of 754 (2055 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Monday 09-07-19 7pm
Winterton - 37 Black Knights - 48
Norwich & District Summer League Division Three
Open Academy

Acting as scorer for this game. Winterton on top for most of the first quarter and 15- 10 up by the end. Knights turned it around by half time (23-21). Knights carried on where they left off and increased their lead to 39-31 by three quarter time, before edging further ahead by the final whistle.

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Jul 14, 2019, 6:53 AM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #731 of 754 (1964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday July 13th 2019
MLB
San Diego Padres 5 Atlanta Braves 7
Admission, $85 no paperwork seen.
Att: 40,000 ish.

Really enjoyable evening at the impressive Petco Park in San Diego. The game was tied 4-4 at the end of the 9th and so we went to additional innings as there are no draws in Baseball.
Braves then established a 7-4 lead and it looked like game over, certainly many of the hone fans felt the same , as many left.
However a home run by Machado reduced it to 2 runs and then with the first 2 bases occupied a big hit was spectacularly caught right on the boundary fence - 2 feet higher and Padres would have completed an Incedible win. As it was the next batter was struck out and Braves took the win.
Petco Park is a cracking ball park. What sets it apart is that when it was built about 17 years ago, a derelict factory, The Western Metal Supply Co building occupied part of the land. However this was Incorporated into the park and it's exterior is retained with the interior forming the Padres superstore and the upper floors being offices and corporate boxes, all done really nicely.
In addition, the local transit company laid on extra tranms and we were back to the hotel in decent time.
Really good night out, and my fourth MLB ballpark ticked....

mxhornet
First Team Star

Jul 15, 2019, 9:53 AM

Post #732 of 754 (1871 views)
Shortcut

Sunday 14-07-19 3-25pm

Northern Ireland - 49 Zimbabwe- 51

INF Netball World Cup Group A

M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool

Admission - £21 for session / programme - £10 (tournament)

Match one of the afternoon session on court two, a bit of rarity at this world cup so far, a close game and what a game it was. NI led 15-12 after first quarter, Zimbabwe pulled it back in the second quarter much to the delight of their considerable backing in the stands, 27 all at half time. A drawn third quarter meant it was still level (39 all) going in to last quarter. Zimbabwe a two goal lead by the end, quite possibly the best netball I've ever been at great game in a wonderful atmosphere, the Irish also getting behind their team in numbers.

Sunday 14-07-19 5-25pm

Trinidad & Tobago - 67 Fiji- 56

INF Netball World Cup Group C

M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool

Admission - £21 for session / programme - £10 (tournament)

Match two of the afternoon session on court two, it was never likely to match the previous game but was a reasonable game to watch with T&T in control despite the score looking reasonably close. T&T 23-10 up after first quarter and looking likely to post a big win, Fiji improved with T&T 40-25 up at half time and 57-40 by three quarter time. Fiji mounted a comeback in the last quarter but it was never much more than reducing the deficit to 11 goals.

alfie
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 17, 2019, 3:59 AM

Team(s): Ossett Albion, Linton Granta, Cambridge United, Dunfermline Athletic

Post #733 of 754 (1816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] Where are you going - where did you go? OTHER SPORTS!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

16th july 19
Baseball
South Atlantic league
Single a
Fluor Field
Greenville Drive 4 - 1 Ashville Tourists
Admission 10 dollars
Free monthly magazine roster sheet available for free
BBQ Brisket roll, chips and fried okra 8 dollars
Good night rounded off with an excellent fireworks display

Alfie

dottirofhod

Jul 17, 2019, 4:56 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #734 of 754 (1807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alfie] Where are you going - where did you go? OTHER SPORTS!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Decent attendance of 5,380.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

mxhornet
First Team Star

Jul 17, 2019, 6:39 AM

Post #735 of 754 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Tuesday 16-07-19 7pm
Norfolk United Marine - 35 Norfolk United Gold - 52
Norwich & District Summer League Division One
City Academy Norwich

Acting as scorer for this game. Now in to the season extension caused by a couple of wet weeks in June, also a change of venue as UEA graduations are taking place at the UEA Sportspark. Gold 12-5 up at end of first quarter and Marine down to six players by last minute due to injury. Marine played on with six and were 27-17 down by half time. For the third quarter Marine were back to seven players but fell further behind, a drawn last quarter meant Gold maintained their 17 goal lead.

John403
Youth Team Regular

Jul 21, 2019, 8:28 PM

Team(s): Fulham, AFC Croydon Athletic

Post #736 of 754 (1704 views)
Shortcut

Saturday 20 July 2019

Swindon Greyhounds
Admission £6 + Free Racecard

Staying with the in-laws who live in Wiltshire and had no idea that Swindon had a Greyhound Stadium.

Enjoyable evening - the attendance was probably in the region of 400. The dining area was rammed full although the betting areas where all fairly quiet and I really doubt the three bookies who work here take much money with most people betting on the tote.

The place has obviously seen better days and plans are in place to redevelop the site. A new development of houses is situated right next door and it seems that the local council don’t the obvious to happen and this site to go to housing.

mxhornet
First Team Star

Jul 22, 2019, 12:52 PM

Post #737 of 754 (1661 views)
Shortcut
Cycle speedway [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sunday 21st July 2019 2pm

East Anglian Individual Championship

Senior men

1st Daniel Knights (Ipswich) 28
2nd Fraser Harris (Ipswich) 22
3rd Ben Loombe (Hethersett) 22
4th Charlie Lyth (Hethersett) 19
5th Jamie Medler (Norwich) 18
6th Paul Delaiche (Hethersett) 12
7th Matt Parr (Kesgrave) 10
8th Steve Hammond (Kesgrave) 9

My first cycle speedway action of the year, a chance to tick off the track at Spixworth, which has been restored to use in order to host this championship and hopefully be used again next year for more general use. It is located behind the village hall / social club and is the same venue as used by Norwich CBS in their Spixworth days.

mxhornet
First Team Star

Aug 6, 2019, 7:06 AM

Post #738 of 754 (1477 views)
Shortcut

Monday 05-08-19 7 pm
Norwich City Flyers - 33 Sonics - 26
Friendly
City Academy Norwich

Quite a seesaw game with NCF leading 9-0 after first quarter, Sonics improved dramatically once their captain arrived (the game had started 8 minutes late as it was waiting for them to have 7 players) NCF 16-12 up at half time. Sonics led 24-21 at three quarter time before NCF dominated the last quarter to win 33-26.
My first game as an umpire in a month as I start to build up towards another go at my IOA assessment.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 7, 2019, 2:52 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #739 of 754 (1405 views)
Shortcut

Golf - Women's British Open
Venue: Marquess Course, Woburn
Date: Friday 2 August (Day Two)
Admission: Freebie, general admission was £30 I believe

I am not a frequent golf watcher, much as I enjoy it. This was a tremendous day. The size of the galleries was such that following the players (and the ball) was relatively easy but there was still a good atmosphere. I chose to follow a full 18 holes in the morning, following Hyo-Joo Kim, Kirsten Gillman and Emily Toy. There wasn't a huge selection of food on offer but the fish and chips was very good. In the afternoon I watched a further nine holes following Ashleigh Buhai (the leader at that stage), Gaby Lopez and Amy Olson before departing for an evening's football. I really enjoyed myself in excellent weather. Must do it more often.

mxhornet
First Team Star

Aug 13, 2019, 7:20 AM

Post #740 of 754 (1307 views)
Shortcut

Monday 12-08-19 7 pm
Norwich City Flyers - 30 Hotshots - 35
Friendly
City Academy Norwich

An up and down perormance as per last week's game with NCF leading 8-6 after first quarter, Hotshots had the better of the second quarter and were 15-10 up at half time. Hotshots led 21-19 at three quarter time and extended their lead in the last quarter to win 35-30.
A very enjoyable game to umpire, I have another NCF friendly to cover next Thursday.

mxhornet
First Team Star

Aug 23, 2019, 7:56 AM

Post #741 of 754 (1103 views)
Shortcut

Thursday 22-08-19 7 pm
Norwich City Flyers - 28 Hellesdon Hawks - 19
Friendly
City Academy Norwich

As with the previous two weeks a bit of a topsy turvy game as both sides swapped around for each quarter. Scores went as follows HH 6-3 up after first quarter and 13-9 by half time. NCF had closed the gap to two by three quarter time (16-18) before dominating the last quarter to win by 9 goals.

Chris1963

Aug 23, 2019, 3:39 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #742 of 754 (1085 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Sunday 30th June 2019
Boston Red Sox 8 New York Yankees 12
MLB - London Stadium
Admission £60
Att; 59,059

How did you manage to pay only £60 for a ticket? When I checked the official ticketing website a few days before the first game, tickets were still available but the cheapest ones were £105. Additionally, the Evening Standard newspaper’s edition of Friday 28th June said that tickets were still available, which suggests that claims of both games being sell-outs may have been inaccurate. Anyone watching on TV would have noticed that there were thousands of empty seats in the stadium throughout the day, particularly in the middle (hospitality) tier. If the attendance was really over 59,000 on each day, as was officially stated, then surely the stadium’s capacity as configured for baseball, was 70,000? A more likely explanation is that the attendance figures were actually ticket sales, but did thousands of people really pay up to £650 each for tickets from the official site and then decide not to turn up?

One thing about baseball that I find irritating is the fact that two coaches from the batting side, wearing the same colours as their teammates, are allowed to stand close to first and third bases (although there is a marked white line that they are supposed to stand behind, they rarely observe this) The consequence is that it is very easy to mistake either for a batter who has already reached these bases. There is no obvious reason why this should be allowed. The equivalent in Association Football would be to allow a coach from each team, wearing the same colours as his players, to move up and down the touchline, therefore causing spectators to mistake him for a winger. Having said this, perhaps there is a good reason for this, but I would be grateful if someone could explain it to me. Also, why is it so important to list ‘errors’ on the scoreboard, as these have no bearing on the result?

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Aug 23, 2019, 4:18 PM

Post #743 of 754 (1074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi matey. In relation to getting tickets at £60, that was the price they were up for on the official website when they initially went on sale. They were by no means anywhere near the most expensive, but not the cheapest either. We were based upper tier, on the far side from the home base just to the right of the right hand foul post. Had a very good view from there.
Re the attendance, from my perspective as someone who was there was that it appeared more or less full, although as is common in baseball many do disappear for periods to eat drink etc whereas in footy we generally wait til half time.
As for the rules, although I love watching baseball I do not understand the rules enough to answer your questions.
I am definitely hoping to be there next year although it clashes with the euros and leaves it tight for one of the games for which I have lucky enough to secure tickets.

Chris1963

Aug 23, 2019, 4:46 PM

Post #744 of 754 (1065 views)
Shortcut

You were lucky to get tickets at that price. It appeared to me that the official ticketing site had been set up in such a way that punters were offered the most expensive seats first, and it was impossible to select a cheaper seat.

Regarding next year's fixtures, you mentioned a football Euro game. Is this the 'final 16' game at Wembley on Saturday 27th June? I have booked a seat for that game, as I view this as a cheaper option than going abroad that weekend.

Anyone attending the baseball that weekend shouldn't have any problem in getting a ticket, and I would advise them to wait until only a few days beforehand before booking in case they need to change their plans, of if rain is forecast.

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Aug 23, 2019, 5:38 PM

Post #745 of 754 (1049 views)
Shortcut

They were the prices on the official website when I ordered which was as soon as they went on sale....
Next years is 13 & 14 June and one of the matches I have is for the 15th in Bilbao, which only leaves me the option of the game at Stratford of the 13th...

Chris1963

Aug 23, 2019, 8:36 PM

Post #746 of 754 (1030 views)
Shortcut

Didn't know it was 13/14 June - I had assumed it would be the last weekend of the month, as was the case this year. Anyway, good luck with Bilbao.

americanrich
Junior Team Regular

Aug 29, 2019, 9:44 AM

Post #747 of 754 (898 views)
Shortcut

Spent a few weeks in the States marking my newly restored solo wanderer status. Baseball and beer were high on the agenda. Will try to keep this brief ...

25 July 2019
Brooklyn Cyclones 9-4 Tri City Valley-Cats
New York-Penn League
MCU Park, Brooklyn
Admission: $15+$2 online booking fee

Started off in NYC, although couldn't be bothered with either of the MLB parks. Could have done Citi Field in the afternoon, but three hours watching the Mets didn't appeal. Instead wandered over the Brooklyn Bridge, visited the small but fascinating NYC Transit Museum and eventually made my way to Coney Island via one or two breweries.

MCU Park is now nearly 20 years old and was built when the Cyclones were formed as Brooklyn's first pro team since the departure of the Dodgers. It fully plays on its location along the famed Coney Island boardwalk, with the iconic Cyclone behind the left field fence and the long-decommissioned Parachute Jump attraction down the right field line. I enjoyed the floodlight towers as well, which had an unusual round shape and on which the inside rim lit up in red, white and blue.

This was Christmas in July, and I had to feel sorry for the Santa Claus on hand, given that it was right around 90F! Everyone received an ornament in the shape of the Parachute Jump, which I managed to keep in one piece until my flight home.

Bought ticket online, although certainly didn't need to, and had a seat in roughly the fourth row on the inside part of the third-base dugout. The price is a bit more than one might expect in the minors, but it is New York after all.

Even in the minors, one can now generally get some decent beer options -- the craft beer stand here never did open, but the local Coney Island Brewery was well-represented. And when I say local, I mean it -- the brewery's home pub is located under the ballpark! Slightly cheaper than one would see in the big leagues, but still around $9 for a premium beer. Also had a veggie burger (average, but nice to see even parks at this level catering) that I think was $10.

On the field, the game was over as a contest early, Brooklyn scoring four in the first and five more in the second to coast home. Would definitely recommend this if in New York -- Coney Island is easily reached by subway, albeit a relatively long journey.

The New York-Penn League is what's known as a short-season A league -- the season begins in mid-June, after the annual MLB draft, and runs until early September. It's the second-lowest level in the minors, generally populated by first- and second-year players, many of whom will have collegiate experience but some of whom will be straight out of high school. Typically also have a strong Latino contingent, as well.

26 July 2019
Staten Island Yankees 2-3 Lowell Spinners
Staten Island Yankees 4-5 Lowell Spinners
New York-Penn League
Richmond County Bank Ballpark
Admission: $16+$1.50 booking fee

Again booked online, again didn't need to. Actually had to claim the ticket at will call, which I'm fairly certain he didn't have and had to print one off for me! $15 bought me a seat about five rows up on the inside of the first-base dugout -- this side of the stadium offers some nice views of the skyline, not to mention passing ships.

Traveled over on one of New York's best-kept secrets, the Staten Island Ferry. Completely free of charge, and offers great views of the Statue of Liberty and NYC skyline. The ballpark is right on the waterfront, a 10- to 15-minute walk from the ferry terminal.

This wasn't a doubleheader when I booked, but became one following a rainout earlier. Minor-league doubleheaders are two games of seven innings, rather than the regulation nine. Nevertheless both these games began to drag, and with the time drifting past 10, I decided I would sacrifice the seventh inning of game 2 to get an earlier ferry back for some dinner! A good choice in the end, as the seventh lasted quite some time.

This ballpark is a bit more functional than its Brooklyn counterpart, and I wasn't quite as wowed. The main action was in fact off the field, as the game was being used as a filming site for a movie starring Pete Davidson and Steve Buscemi. Both were spotted in the stands along with several other actor types, and it seemed that Buscemi at least was fairly interested in the action on the field! Some in the crowd were also used as extras; I suppose I'll have to see the film and see if I can spot my head.

Main craft beer offering was from the local Staten Island Brewery. Been long enough I don't quite remember what I had ...

Wiretown.Editor
First Team Regular

Sep 9, 2019, 10:30 AM

Team(s): Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Tn, Warrington Wolves

Post #748 of 754 (745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [americanrich] Netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sunday 8th September
Buxton Raceway (Stock Cars)
Admission £16, prog was for the whole weekend @ £5, but was reduced to £3 by the last day and included a raffle
Usual food and drinks on sales of the fast (appropriately) variety.
Tea was £1.60, burger £3.50, hot dog £3.30
Bar was open - never went in
Must have been a couple of thousand attending, more including the mechanics and pit crews

Arrived about 11.40 and watched all races up until about 5.20 when there were still 3 or 4 left, but needed to get home. Only ever tarmac stock car meeting, and just a couple on dirt/grass.

Enjoyable enough on a sunny if cool day when the sun went in but a decent Peak District surrounds.

The venue had a large covered terrace and open terracing curving round the rest of the side and one end. Elevated viewing all round but no terracing on the other sides.

It was a different day for us and quite a pleasant change. Home by 7.

dottirofhod

Sep 9, 2019, 11:01 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #749 of 754 (741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [americanrich] Netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

25 July 2019
Brooklyn Cyclones 9-4 Tri City Valley-Cats
New York-Penn League
MCU Park, Brooklyn

MCU Park is now nearly 20 years old and was built when the Cyclones were formed as Brooklyn's first pro team since the departure of the Dodgers. It fully plays on its location along the famed Coney Island boardwalk, with the iconic Cyclone behind the left field fence and the long-decommissioned Parachute Jump attraction down the right field line. I enjoyed the floodlight towers as well, which had an unusual round shape and on which the inside rim lit up in red, white and blue.

======================================================================= Visited MCU in 2017 when N Y Cosmos used it in the NASL , not a good football ( Soccer) venue especially with 6,818 turning up.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Sep 9, 2019, 11:02 AM)

Rob North
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2019, 4:14 PM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #750 of 754 (714 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thursday September 5th
LAWN BOWLS
Rotary Club Of West Fife Bowls Evening (at Northern Bowling Club, Dewar Street, Dunfermline)

Admission - £10 for a game of bowls, two drinks from the bar and pie/sausage roll (excellent fare from Beveridge Butchers)

Mark of creeping old age that this is about my level these days. Competition was played in teams of 3, with 4 matches taking place and winner of the Trophy being the team that won by the most shots.

Our team of Robin Grant, Aileen North and yours truly were dead chuffed to win 13-4, which we thought would put us in contention but turned out to be only the third best winning margin. I reckon there were a couple of ringers in the other teams!! My wife Aileen was on top form as lead, accurately setting up each end for us and covering for my more scattergun approach that followed!

We've had a lot of fun at these events in recent years, a good social evening with a little competitive edge. We have a 10-pin bowling evening coming up in a couple of months and then the chance to mishit golf balls to all parts of Pitfirrane Golf Course in the spring!

First page Previous page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3